Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences (6629 Views)

Will This Lady Ever Forgive Me? (PHOTO) / Just Because I Posted This Pic, Guys Has Been Flooding My DM (picture) / What Is The Hardest Question A Lady Ever Asked You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by tosyne2much(m): 6:53pm On Oct 22, 2016
I went to my girlfriend's place sometime last year and I met the full house. After chilling with them to watch local home movies, I told them I was going when my girlfriend's sisters playfully blocked my way and insisted that I bought them recharge card to subscribe daily data plan each, and failure to do that would make them deny me access outside the door.

It was all like a joke not knowing that I was in deep mess. Their father told them to give way and let me go jhor but they said they won't give way until I do their wish. As a very smart broke guy, I tried to scope them that I would send it to them as soon as I got home but dem no gree oooo

Her father turned to me and said, 'Tosin' oyah bail yourself out from these troublesome ladies if not they won't allow you go ooo. At that instance I felt like the ground should open and swallow me up not because I had no kobo in my pocket but because I had embarrassed myself in the presence of my in-laws. I was just standing there smiling as if all was well while I was shedding tears inside of me

I can't even remember how I managed to bail myself out that day sef

Guys, over to you. Yours might be different from this but don't hesitate to share it
cool

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by henrylowe(m): 6:54pm On Oct 22, 2016
Okada drop me here, I say drop me here! I'm coming to share mine

I met a lady online and we started crushing on each other. After few months of regular calls and chat, we scheduled an appointment to meet in my house but all my effort to make her come to my house proved abortive because she insisted we had a rendezvous at an eatery. I guess she thought I wanted to comb her cheesy

She called me and informed me she was in my area a d I went to pick her up and took her straight to the eatery with just N300 in my pocket. My aim was that patapata she go drink a bottle of coke which costs N150 and a pie of N150, but to my greatest shock, we told me she wanted something more and I was being open to her that I had only N400 in my pocket

She began to rain curses on me loudly that she regret having a date with someone who can't afford a bottle of coke let alone fried rice. I felt the ground should open and swallow me up cos everybody in the eatery was looking at me pitifully

I can't remember how I left the eatery that that

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by Zaynne(f): 6:55pm On Oct 22, 2016
Tbh you bleep up, why would you go to your gf house knowing fully well you have a child as a gf, nd still you went there with no penny mk I no talk my mind finish

3 Likes

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 22, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by Tolexander: 6:55pm On Oct 22, 2016
Ya, when I was in JSS3 sad

Third term, just Thursday before the midterm break. I had a gurl I was crushing on in school, she was in JSS2 then.

I thought of asking this girl out, writing a letter and delivering it to her. Letter was the medium then, no phone.

I drafted the letter, Celine Dion, Michael Bolton, Bryan Adams, Boys 2 men etc all contributed to the content of the letter in absentia.

I gave the letter to her on our way home cos we had a common route. Though it seemed herculean, but I made it anyway after suppressing much adrenaline.

After what seemed
to be a long break, Tuesday drove in and off to school I entered.
Expecting the response to my me proposal in ink, to my greatest surprise on the way home after the closing time,
I couldn't believe what I saw.

The same paper which I wrote my message, she returned to me with the destiny changed by different red ink designs. She said "my mum sent this to you".

She told me her mum told her to sit down with the letter to correct the errors in the grammar with red pen. She even wrote my score, 30% on the letter and made a remark, "face your book or else I'll come to report you to the principal".
I thought I'd written an essay to the devil to mark

I was Humiliated cos I was grammatically broke. Probably if I had up to 70%, the mother could still tell her to consider me.

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by Brymo: 6:58pm On Oct 22, 2016
This has always bin the tenets that has patterned my life, even before I knew.
Anything I can't afford, I don't like.
I don't like iPhone 6, 7 et al.
I don't like the kind of girls I would have loved to like, infact I don't like any girl, because I can't afford them.
In conclusion, no room for embarrassment.

17 Likes

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by Rapsainot(m): 7:02pm On Oct 22, 2016
You fuçked up joor undecided why'd you go and meet your girlfriend without a kobo in your pocket?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by ULSHERLAN(m): 7:03pm On Oct 22, 2016
@op na only you everything dey do

1 Like

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by Cutehector(m): 7:05pm On Oct 22, 2016
Tosin stop lying grin

6 Likes

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 22, 2016
Yes my mom...I was 17 and asked her to buy me a new car she said..."Why don't your broke ass get a job and buy yourself a new car?"

1 Like

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by Nelsizzy(m): 7:07pm On Oct 22, 2016
So i met this charminq babe on NL. Her posts captivated me at first and when i checked her profile what i saw was a beauty to behold. So i sent her a pm which she took days to respond to. After she did, i asked for her number which she gave me n we started chatting.
Fastforward a month later. We decided to go on a date. On d day, i was with 5k which i felt would be enof to impress this chick. We met at the restuarant and truly she was stunning cheesy. We had a great time tho. Trouble started when she asked me for T-fare. I had already spent the entire money n d only money left with me was the #50 i budgeted for my marwa back home. I tried scoping her buh chai this gal no gree. When i told her face blank that i was broke, this chic started insulting my generations ooooooo. I could not hide my face cuz she was shouting which attracted people. She left me with the advice that i should go and do Gee and b like other guys. Since then i haff stopped sending pm to gals on nairaland sad

17 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by ClassCaptain(m): 7:09pm On Oct 22, 2016
oga oo.....

29 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by jashar(f): 7:10pm On Oct 22, 2016
grin
Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by tosyne2much(m): 7:10pm On Oct 22, 2016
henrylowe:

She began to rain curses on me loudly that she retreats having a dating with someone who can't afford a bottle of coke. I felt the ground should open and swallow me up cos everybody in the eatery was looking at me pitifully

Eeeehyah Pele cheesy
Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by Mimzyy(f): 7:11pm On Oct 22, 2016
Tosyne2much, assuming what you posted is for real then there's really nothing for you to be embarrassed about.
For your babe's sister(s) to have asked you for airtime means there's a close relationship between you guys (familiarity). Nothing would have stopped you from telling her there and then that you do not have cash with you.
Anyway, different strokes for different folks...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by IamLEGEND1: 7:14pm On Oct 22, 2016
when she accidentally shìt on my bed, ran and locked herself I'm the bathroom and refused to come out coz of shame....but she no know say the shame catch me pass am.

*modified* Yeah,so this has nothing with being broke but it's one of the weirdest shìt I've experienced. as for all my side oloshoz,all of them know say I broke as fuck_i'm always straightforward when it comes to money sturvs so they know never to overreach.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by kinggogo: 7:15pm On Oct 22, 2016
Dats y sm of us dnt av gf(s)

To avoid stories dah touch

#teamsingle grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 22, 2016
Brymo:
This has always bin the tenets that has patterned my life, even before I knew.
Anything I can't afford, I don't like.
I don't like iPhone 6, 7 et al.
I don't like the kind of girls I would have loved to like,infact I don't like any girl, jbecause I can't afford them.
In conclusion, no room for embarrassment.
cry

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by teejaypee: 7:16pm On Oct 22, 2016
Tosyne2much and lies sha grin,

between you and Lai Muhammed, who lie pass

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by Mimzyy(f): 7:20pm On Oct 22, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
when she accidentally shìt on my bed, ran and locked herself I'm the bathroom and refused to come out coz of shame....but she no know say the shame catch me pass am.

Running stomach?? shocked shocked cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by zyzxx(m): 7:23pm On Oct 22, 2016
What ladies dont realize is been broke is different from been poor, broke is temporary while poor is permernent

6 Likes

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 22, 2016
I am here to read comments and make jest grin tongue
Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 22, 2016
Diddyydiva:
I am here to read comments and make jest grin tongue
looking for familiar stories to relate with cheesy cheesy cheesy all your attempts to get me banned failed
Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by IamLEGEND1: 7:30pm On Oct 22, 2016
Mimzyy:

Running stomach?? shocked shocked cheesy
I have no clue. or maybe the village board of senate just open my file that day.cheesy

1 Like

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by luminouz(m): 7:33pm On Oct 22, 2016
henrylowe:
Okada drop me here, I say drop me here! I'm coming to share mine

I met a lady online and we started crushing on each other. After few months of regular calls and chat, we scheduled an appointment to meet in my house but all my effort to make her come to my house proved abortive because she insisted we had a rendezvous at an eatery. I guess she thought I wanted to comb her cheesy

She called me and informed me she was in my area a d I went to pick her up and took her straight to the eatery with just N300 in my pocket. My aim was that patapata she go drink a bottle of coke which costs N150 and a pie of N150, but to my greatest shock, we told me she wanted something more and I was being open to her that I had only N400 in my pocket

She began to rain curses on me loudly that she retreats having a dating with someone who can't afford a bottle of coke. I felt the ground should open and swallow me up cos everybody in the eatery was looking at me pitifully

Lmao at this! I feel Ur pain bro! DeM girls got no chills!
Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by teepsee(f): 7:34pm On Oct 22, 2016
Some guys can lie for Africa.

Now I know Lai Mohammed dy learn work for some people

1 Like

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by wristbangle: 7:35pm On Oct 22, 2016
I don land finally cool. Here to read lies

1 Like

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by firstking01(m): 7:35pm On Oct 22, 2016
Hahahaha, prof tosyn you funnygrin...mine is too numerous, where why i even start from sef, is it that of chioma or rosemary....just incase it gets to the permanent site i might modify.
Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 22, 2016
wristbangle:
I don land finally cool. Here to read lies
Wey your own tori ? tongue
Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 22, 2016
can't relate ..

here to read lies.. I can smell them already grin

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by slimthugchimee(m): 7:39pm On Oct 22, 2016
Nelsizzy:
Lemme smoke my SK finish. I will be back to modify.
guy gimme some ov that shii first

make i clear eye dey answer op angry
Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences by wristbangle: 7:40pm On Oct 22, 2016
Diddyydiva:
Wey your own tori ? tongue

Nothing to write na. I neva date before lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Cant Southerners Imitate Hausa Girls / Why Do Women Like Men Who Lie To Them? / Reasons Why You Love Nigerian/ African Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.