Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

From Bini, An Observation For My Yoruba People. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / From Bini, An Observation For My Yoruba People. (570 Views)

Important Drums Of The Yoruba People / 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People / If Only My Yoruba Friends Knew The Meaning Of This - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Bini, An Observation For My Yoruba People. by ImperialYoruba: 4:46am On Oct 23, 2016
Oba Erediauwa was the first Bini Monarch to dispute his ancestral lineage to Ile Ife. Hopefully he will be the last one. For decades while the rancour raged on, new revisions of the history between Ife and Bini surfaced on internet and in books reversing the authority of Ife as the root of the Bini dynasty. Ife is not the origin of Edo but it is the origin of Bini; failure to understand this line of demarcation can lead into mis-speak on the subject of origin.

Chronologically Edo is older than Bini. Edo owned Ogiso and are native to Edoland but Yoruba own Bini throne and came from Ife. Similar structure exist in Lagos. As natives, Awori own Olofin and all the Islands but Bini own the throne but they are settlers.

It is relieving to hear Oba Ewuare II retrace the steps of his father and reconcile the history of Bini back to its ancestral roots. Online articles and books have to be revised again to fall in line with palace authority.

This is where I must admit that Bini people are more traditionally and culturally bonded to their monarch stool than their cousins in Yorubaland.

The palace gave this clarity over 48hrs ago. I have not seen any subject of the King respond in an outcry or rage, disrespectfully, against authority of Oba of Bini. Once the King said it, it is accepted and everyone swallowed their pride and dissent and fell in behind him, with pride. Not a word online calling the King names or disparaging him...not one!

Now let this happen in Yorubaland, where an Oba settled a dispute in just favor of the opponent party. Ahh!! Oloriburuku ni, were ni, dethrone him, may thunder fire him....

So, I bow in respect and honor to all my brothers and sisters in Edoland for displaying such a humble and uplifting spirit in the face of a shocking but painful revelation by your Crown Royal. Your Yoruba cousins need to learn from you the grace and glory and reverence for the royal stool.

Long Live Oba Ewuare II.

1 Like

Re: From Bini, An Observation For My Yoruba People. by Perfecttouch(m): 4:49am On Oct 23, 2016
Just in case
Re: From Bini, An Observation For My Yoruba People. by colosa: 6:45am On Oct 23, 2016
Pls don't misinform pple. Bini own throne of ile ife
Re: From Bini, An Observation For My Yoruba People. by JDAdeshina: 7:37am On Oct 23, 2016
colosa:
Pls don't misinform pple. Bini own throne of ile ife

Another gibberish.. What's difficult in saying the truth as it is please?

(1) (Reply)

Adage Of The Day And Its Meaning / I Agree finally, Yorubas Are Respectful / “if You’re Not Happy With Your President, Vote Him Out” – Ooni Of Ife To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.