Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. (3654 Views)

Man Who Took Girlfriend For Swimming Drowns In Anambra Hotel (Disturbing Photo) / 4 Ways To Stop Sperm Leakages After Sexual Intercourse. / 4 Ways To Stop Sperm Leakages After Sexual Intercourse. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by Explorers(m): 5:35am On Oct 23, 2016
British scientists have made a breakthrough in the search for a male contraceptive pill which could transform the sex lives of millions of couples.

For decades, researchers have tried to produce a reliable alternative to condoms or a vasectomy, but there has been little progress.

Now UK scientists have found the secret of making men temporarily infertile by ‘switching off’ sperm’s ability to swim.

They have made tiny ‘designer compounds’ which smuggle themselves into sperm, and stop their tails from wiggling.

If a sperm can’t swim, it has no chance of naturally fertilising a woman’s egg.

The key advance raises the prospect of a fast-acting pill that a man could take just hours or minutes before sex.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3863448/Male-Pill-moves-step-closer-British-scientists-discover-way-stop-sperm-swimming-men-just-sex.html

3 Shares

Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by Explorers(m): 5:36am On Oct 23, 2016
Researchers believe its effects would wear off within days, meaning he would again be fertile. By contrast, women are typically advised to stop taking the Pill weeks or even months before trying to conceive.

Family planning experts said a reversible male contraceptive could benefit millions of couples where the woman cannot take the Pill for medical reasons.

And it would save men from being trapped into having children they did not want, they added.

With global sales of contraceptives topping £13 billion a year, the market for a reversible male contraceptive could be huge.

Lead researcher Professor John Howl, of Wolverhampton University, described how effective their sperm-stopping agent had been in lab tests.

He said: ‘The results are startling and almost instant. When you take healthy sperm and add our compound, within a few minutes the sperm basically cannot move.

’Male infertility is often the result of poorly moving sperm, called ‘low motility’. Using this, the Wolverhampton team, together with Portuguese researchers, made a compound called a cell-penetrating peptide, which gets inside sperm and brings them to a standstill.

Prof Howl said: ‘This is a totally unique approach nobody else has ever done this before.

’Peptides are short chains of amino acids that can influence how human cells work. They occur naturally but biochemists can make synthetic versions.

Prof Howl and colleague Dr Sarah Jones first demonstrated that certain ‘cell-penetrating peptides’ could smuggle themselves inside sperm cells, like a Trojan horse.

Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by ghettowriter(m): 5:39am On Oct 23, 2016
But,,,,,but,,,,I heard if the guy is laying on his back and the girl is on top (cowboy style), then the lady can't get pregnant, because sperms, can't travel up wards. have I been lied to?
Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by scarr: 5:47am On Oct 23, 2016
Good innovation
Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by paschal47(m): 5:52am On Oct 23, 2016
ghettowriter:
But,,,,,but,,,,I heard if the guy is laying on his back and the girl is on top (cowboy style), then the lady can't get pregnant, because sperms, can't travel up wards. have I been lied to?
sperms shoot upwards dey don't swim upwards. cowgirl style is one of the best ways to quickly get pregnant sef
Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by Davash222(m): 5:55am On Oct 23, 2016
ghettowriter:
So na why you like 'cowboy' style, bah Until u give that gal belle, na when u go know say six and half a dozen no be d same thing.
Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by ghettowriter(m): 6:04am On Oct 23, 2016
Davash222:

So na why you like 'cowboy' style, bah Until u give that gal belle, na when u go know say six and half a dozen no be d same thing.

cheesy cheesy
so, six and half a dozen nor be the same?

Well, since there don't lie on the Internet sha, what did I know?? shocked

3 Likes

Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by Cutehector(m): 6:21am On Oct 23, 2016
With all these innovations, I don't see any reason why a girl should get pregnant if suddenly if unplanned.
Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by Tallesty1(m): 6:27am On Oct 23, 2016
Cutehector:
With all these innovations, I don't see any reason why a girl should get pregnant if suddenly if unplanned.
Ah! Some guys won't like to temporarily disable their Sperm oo.

Condom sure pass
Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by Cutehector(m): 6:29am On Oct 23, 2016
Tallesty1:
Ah! Some guys won't like to temporarily disable their Sperm oo.

Condom sure pass
lol is the drug injested by males or the females?
Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by chris2face(m): 6:40am On Oct 23, 2016
Nice thread for me Condom sure pass I won't dare play with that thing abeg

Guys stick to your cap to avoid stories that touch
Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by Young03(m): 7:14am On Oct 23, 2016
infertility loading...

can't try that
condom sure pass
Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 23, 2016
Smh,,,did they disclose the negative effect of such drug in a long run?
Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 23, 2016
SHUUU. ME I CAN'T COME AND PLAY WITH MY SPERM OO
Wetin them won disable?

Condom ti take over grin

1 Like

Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by njiasi30(f): 9:22am On Oct 23, 2016
paschal47:

sperms shoot upwards dey don't swim upwards. cowgirl style is one of the best ways to quickly get pregnant sef
Dats nt true, speaking 4rm experience and a doc also said dat.. Bc no matter how far d sperm "shoot upwards" it will still flow downwards cheesy in fact as d guy is releasing, d sperm is flowing down immediately without reaching d egg self 4 fertilization to occur wink
Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by njiasi30(f): 9:26am On Oct 23, 2016
ghettowriter:
U re right, speaking 4rm exp and dats d sweetest position... grin
Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 23, 2016
oga explorers, you call this a good thing?
that is people wont have to deal with unwanted pregnancy again ba?

chai! this is a bad news for some ladies out there, no more " babe i've missed my periods ooo and doctor said its 20k to do the needful "
.......meanwhile she isn't pregnant.

anyways...

Drabeey was HERE
Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by ednut1(m): 9:51am On Oct 23, 2016
njiasi30:

Dats nt true, speaking 4rm experience and a doc also said dat.. Bc no matter how far d sperm "shoot upwards" it will still flow downwards cheesy in fact as d guy is releasing, d sperm is flowing down immediately without reaching d egg self 4 fertilization to occur wink
i pity u. sperm is a cell o. about 100miilion per ejaculation. na all d 100m wan flow down. beware o
Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by robotix: 10:01am On Oct 23, 2016
Explorers:
Researchers believe its effects would wear off within days, meaning he would again be fertile. By contrast, women are typically advised to stop taking the Pill weeks or even months before trying to conceive.

Family planning experts said a reversible male contraceptive could benefit millions of couples where the woman cannot take the Pill for medical reasons.

And it would save men from being trapped into having children they did not want, they added.

With global sales of contraceptives topping £13 billion a year, the market for a reversible male contraceptive could be huge.

Lead researcher Professor John Howl, of Wolverhampton University, described how effective their sperm-stopping agent had been in lab tests.

He said: ‘The results are startling and almost instant. When you take healthy sperm and add our compound, within a few minutes the sperm basically cannot move.

’Male infertility is often the result of poorly moving sperm, called ‘low motility’. Using this, the Wolverhampton team, together with Portuguese researchers, made a compound called a cell-penetrating peptide, which gets inside sperm and brings them to a standstill.

Prof Howl said: ‘This is a totally unique approach nobody else has ever done this before.

’Peptides are short chains of amino acids that can influence how human cells work. They occur naturally but biochemists can make synthetic versions.

Prof Howl and colleague Dr Sarah Jones first demonstrated that certain ‘cell-penetrating peptides’ could smuggle themselves inside sperm cells, like a Trojan horse.

Please do you know how I can be in touch with the company or if it has hit market so I can be major distributor here in Nigeria?

Thanks for bringing it here bro. You never disappoint in your daily research.

I love people with quest for information beyond classroom.
Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by Explorers(m): 10:12am On Oct 23, 2016
Drabeey:
oga explorers, you call this a good thing?
that is people wont have to deal with unwanted pregnancy again ba?

chai! this is a bad news for some ladies out there, no more " babe i've missed my periods ooo and doctor said its 20k to do the needful "
.......meanwhile she isn't pregnant.

anyways...

Drabeey was HERE

20k sef small 4 sum babes, dat 20k na 2 do test. The needful na 50k upward.

No 4get say 2weeks after d needful, complications go dey o wey go require like anothr 20k 2 sort out.

Meanwhile everything na scam....

1 Like

Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by njiasi30(f): 10:12am On Oct 23, 2016
ednut1:
i pity u. sperm is a cell o. about 100miilion per ejaculation. na all d 100m wan flow down. beware o
My doc made me realise it and i also did a research on it. Dat position will not only give the lady a powerful orgasm, but the gravity will allow the sperm to leak out of the vagina. grin true talk dear wink
Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by Explorers(m): 10:16am On Oct 23, 2016
robotix:

Please do you know how I can be in touch with the company or if it has hit market so I can be major distributor here in Nigeria?

Thanks for bringing it here bro. You never disappoint in your daily research.

I love people with quest for information beyond classroom.

Not yet bro, learnt they are still testing.
Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by ghettowriter(m): 10:22am On Oct 23, 2016
njiasi30:

U re right, speaking 4rm exp and dats d sweetest position... grin

What!?! cheesy

So, you too can testify? tongue
Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by robotix: 10:35am On Oct 23, 2016
Explorers:

Not yet bro, learnt they are still testing.
Send me a link to the source where you got this from please. It will help down the road. All those talking about infertility, why hasn't postinor been stopped. You think this is done by Nigerians with so much irregularities? This is a multi-million dollar opportunity. Anyway, we all can't always reason alike.
Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by njiasi30(f): 11:38am On Oct 23, 2016
ghettowriter:

What!?! cheesy

So, you too can testify? tongue

Very well grin
Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by masseratti: 12:29pm On Oct 23, 2016
Guy i think seun is suppose to pay you for all this no matter how small, your loyalty to nairaland is beyond most, i guess Oyibo life don impact on your life, you do things on your free will, God bless you for sharing your findings and your knowledge, btw incase you open yourself blog pls let me know.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by Explorers(m): 12:59pm On Oct 23, 2016
robotix:
Send me a link to the source where you got this from please. It will help down the road. All those talking about infertility, why hasn't postinor been stopped. You think this is done by Nigerians with so much irregularities? This is a multi-million dollar opportunity. Anyway, we all can't always reason alike.

Check the first post sir.
Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by BALLOSKI: 1:26pm On Oct 23, 2016
HIV nko? This will be a good thing for skin-to-skin lovers , but HIV still dey.

By the way, make my sperm de swim de go. I no fit take risk.
Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 23, 2016
I follow just you on this forum, and I don't regret it anytime i log in,keep up the good work Mr Explorers, but just like every other invention, this will definitely have a long term side effects, which will be overlooked at first to gain ground on the market,condoms are the safest, I don't know why guys keep complaining that they don't feel anything when using condoms at the expense of their own safety
Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by Fidelismaria: 1:39pm On Oct 23, 2016
embarassed

God knows I aint trying dat shit out

Its all part of dere wicked agenda to make people infertile so has to curb overpopulation

Olorun maje ki try eee oooo
Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by Explorers(m): 2:41pm On Oct 23, 2016
cekhoe:
I follow just you on this forum, and I don't regret it anytime i log in,keep up the good work Mr Explorers, but just like every other invention, this will definitely have a long term side effects, which will be overlooked at first to gain ground on the market,condoms are the safest, I don't know why guys keep complaining that they don't feel anything when using condoms at the expense of their own safety

Thanks sis. Yea, most guys hates using condoms. You dont feel anything at all, just like doing a nylon bag.

Withdrawing all the way...
Re: British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 23, 2016
Explorers:

Thanks sis. Yea, most guys hates using condoms. You dont feel anything at all, just like doing a nylon bag.

Withdrawing all the way...
the bolded should not be encouraged, considering that most guys have multiple sexual partners, male infertility is on the increase because there are silent STIs that can stay long in the body with no symptoms, withdrawal or not,I think the importance of condoms cannot be overemphasized

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Cries Out After Buying Fake Postinor2 That Can't Flush Away Pregrancy (pics) / Alcohol Makes You Age Faster Than You Can Imagine [photo Proof] / Skin Toning The Natural Way!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.