Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,912 members, 7,802,969 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? (10317 Views)

When Your In-laws Are Not Happy Over The Arrival Your New Born Baby / Naturally Determining The Sex Of Your Babies - By Francis Ewherido / Father Bathes His New Born Baby: "My Wife Needs Rest" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by Explorers(m): 6:27am On Oct 23, 2016
Pregnancy is a memorable time in a woman’s life, but it’s the end result that’s even more incredible.

The gift of a child is remarkable and a newborn baby is one of life’s most perfect creations.

Their teeny tiny little hands and their downy heads beg to be kissed and just looking at those little faces will have you weeping with joy.

I wish I could bottle up that stage forever and yet itcomes and goes in an instant.

Babies are a bundle of joy.

However, they aren't just cute and adorable.

Their impressive set of skills and the amazing facts about them are wonderful.

Source: https://www.scoopwhoop.com/Interesting-To-Weird-Facts-About-Babies/#.r9q8mv9eu?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6161967375http://www.viralnova.com/baby-facts/
cc: Lalasticlala, Seun

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by kingreign(m): 6:33am On Oct 23, 2016
Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by Explorers(m): 6:35am On Oct 23, 2016
On average, 4-5 babies are born per second across the world, based on information from August 2014.

That is equal to 273 babies born per minute, according to the Population Reference Bureau.

6 Likes

Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by INTROVERT(f): 6:40am On Oct 23, 2016
grin
Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by Explorers(m): 6:46am On Oct 23, 2016
1. Neuroscientists theorize that babies don't dream for the first few years of their lives because their brains aren't quite developed enough for it.

2. Up until about 1985, doctors conducted surgeries on babies without the use of numbing medicines because they believed they didn't feel pain. This was because infants don't have a conscious memory and the pain wouldn't cause any long-term harm. They also found it impossible to determine the level of a baby's pain since they can't speak or react like a grown person.

3. A mother feels compelled to kiss her baby because she will ingest any bacteria/viruses on the baby’s skin, thus creating antibodies that go into her breast milk. They will protect the baby from possible infection.

4. If you lay a newborn baby on a mother's stomach, it will crawl up and attach to the mother's nipple because it has a similar smell to amniotic fluid. This is also why babies suck on their fingers they usually have amniotic residue on them right after they're born.

5. Babies and their mothers can exchange DNA while the baby is in the womb. The cells can live in the mother for years.

6. At birth, babies do not have kneecaps but they dohave a structure of cartilage that resembles kneecaps. They usually don’t develop them fully until after six months.

7. A new born baby breathing rate is 40 breathes per minute. However, the respiratory rate for a healthy adult at rest is 12–20 breaths per minute.

8. A baby has about 270 bones at birth. As the baby grows, some of the bones, such as those in the skull, fuse together. This is why adults have only 206 bones in their bodies.

9. A baby has three times taste buds as adult. In addition to their tongue, new born babies have taste buds on the roof, back, and sides of their mouth.

lalasticlala

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by Doctorfitz: 6:48am On Oct 23, 2016
INTROVERT:
grin

Cameron
Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by espn(m): 6:48am On Oct 23, 2016
Babies are cute.. kiss

1 Like

Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by dosht(f): 6:50am On Oct 23, 2016
Explorers
Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by Cutehector(m): 6:52am On Oct 23, 2016
Who wants to hav a baby for me grin

2 Likes

Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by ademasta(m): 7:02am On Oct 23, 2016
Let us go dia
Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by Explorers(m): 7:03am On Oct 23, 2016
10. Most babies have aninnate swimming and diving reflex until they are about six months old. This helps them survive if they are placed in water.

They will instinctively hold their breath, their heart rate will decrease, and blood circulation to their fingers and toes is reduced.

However, these abilities quickly disappear.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 23, 2016
Explorers' threads are like soaking garri: in the same way G4 conquers both thirst and hunger these threads guarantee one's enlightenment and also a space on the frontpage.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 23, 2016
I love babies even though I'm not a woman that's why I want Donald trump to win the election so he'll put an end to all those horrible abortions that takes place in the United States

2 Likes

Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by Explorers(m): 7:13am On Oct 23, 2016
11. Newborns can only see in black and white for the first few months of their lives.

This is because the nerve cells in the retina and brain that control vision are not fully developed.

They also can only see about a foot in front of their face.

The first color they are able to distinguish besides black, white, or gray is red.

Their vision only allows them to see people and objects at their clearest when they are within 8 to12 inches away.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by Gosj01(m): 7:15am On Oct 23, 2016
Nairamarked

#Orire
Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by sisisioge: 7:20am On Oct 23, 2016
cheesy cheesy
Explorers the explorer...and you chose cute baby pics ke. Now I can't wait anymore wink

1 Like

Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by Explorers(m): 7:21am On Oct 23, 2016
12. Babies cry in different accents.

They learn the accent that their mother speaks and try to imitate it when they cry.

This makes it possible to tell a German baby from a French one or even an American baby.

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by augster(m): 7:23am On Oct 23, 2016
I love Babies.

Meanwhile, here is my little posing for the camera like a pro

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by Explorers(m): 7:25am On Oct 23, 2016
13. The place with the most developed nerve endings on a baby's body is the mouth, which is why they put so many things in there.

It's not until they are seven months old that babies explore things with their hands.

15 Likes

Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 23, 2016
I love newly born cute babies till the age of 5.

If you want to laugh stay around toddlers around age 3-5.

If you are facing any problem and you feel no solution, Just ask any toddler of about age 3-5. (If they can't give the simplest solution, they always have a clue).

As at age 6 up ward. I consider them sucker. I often say, Every minute a sucker is born. Reason is, society begin to shape them to conform to a world of lies and living a lie.

28 Likes

Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by Explorers(m): 7:32am On Oct 23, 2016
14. Superhuman Strength.

When something touches a baby's palm,they instinctively clutch it.

This phenomenon is known as the Palmar reflex and it's vital for developing motor skills in babies.

25 Likes

Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by jmichlins(m): 7:33am On Oct 23, 2016
Explorers:
13. The place with the most developed nerve endings on a baby's body is the mouth, which is why they put so many things in there.

It's not until they are seven months old that babies explore things with their hands.
you serve it hot and luxurious. Your threads are awesome. There's indeed a creator not just one but an intelligent one. These babies don't get all these smart by just chance

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by iheanyi4u(m): 7:34am On Oct 23, 2016
It's explorer the wicked thread creator. Oya come and continue

3 Likes

Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by Cutehector(m): 7:34am On Oct 23, 2016
augster:
I love Babies.

she's looking so dapper... nice work by the camera man

5 Likes

Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by jmichlins(m): 7:35am On Oct 23, 2016
augster:
I love Babies.

wow you have a cutie there and deserves a special thread for her. Tell her someone says hi and wishes her the best things of life

9 Likes

Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by Explorers(m): 7:40am On Oct 23, 2016
15. Part of the reason that babies sleep a lot is because they use up to 50% of the body's glucose supply in their brains.

Comparatively, adults use only around 20% of the body's supply.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by Explorers(m): 7:43am On Oct 23, 2016
16. While a baby is still in the womb, if the mother suffers any kind of organ damage, the baby will send stem cells to that organ in order to help repair it.

60 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by Explorers(m): 7:54am On Oct 23, 2016
17. Babies smile an average of 200 times a day.

Adults smiles less than 50.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by Explorers(m): 8:01am On Oct 23, 2016
18. Your baby is connected to your emotions and your feelings even before he's born.

Researchers had pregnant women listen to different types of music via headphones and then tracked their baby's movements with an ultrasound.

If the mom was listening to music that she enjoyed, the babies moved around more. While many babies move around when music is playing, the headphones meant that the babies were responding to their mother's emotions and not the music itself.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by Explorers(m): 8:04am On Oct 23, 2016
19. Though babies are born with working tear ducts and glands, initially they produce tears only to lubricate and protect the eye.

However, these glands develop with time and start producing enough teardrops.

12 Likes

Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by Explorers(m): 8:19am On Oct 23, 2016
20. A newborn has coping mechanisms to help if she becomes too cold or too hot. If a baby is cold, she will move around more to warm herself up. If she is hot, she will fling her arms and legs out of the side, as if she's sunbathing. If you see your baby exhibit these behaviors, check the temperature.

21. Right after birth, a newborn's pupils dilate. This helps parents fall in love with their new baby because this is a sign that she thinks you're attractive.

22. Immediately after birth, your baby can take five to 10 minutes to become used to something new in her environment. By the time she is three months old, your baby will be able to adapt between 30 seconds and two minutes. By the time she's six months old, she'll adapt in just 30 seconds.

23. When they're very young, a baby's sense of smell is quite developed. It's much stronger than yours and a newborn uses his sense of smell to get to know his parents. Avoid strong smells like fabric softener, perfume, and shampoos to help your baby know who you are.

http://www.mom365.com/baby/baby-development/21-awesome-facts-about-your-baby.aspx?m=1

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? by Explorers(m): 8:22am On Oct 23, 2016
24. They cant taste salt.

Young babies are born with a well-developed sense of taste, but not for salt.

Studies show that babies can't taste salt until they're about four months old.

They can taste other flavors as well as adults can, especially sweet, bitter, and sour flavors.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nairaland Lost A Member Yesterday Evening ( Pics ) / I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us / I Don't Know What Is Going Between My Junior Brother And My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.