Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

Reno Omokri On Nigeria's Economic Recession - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri On Nigeria's Economic Recession (754 Views)

Reno Omokri On Cattle Colonies: What Will Happen To Any State That Allows It / ''history Will Not Be Kind To Obama!'' - Reno Omokri On Slavery In Libya / Who Hillary Clinton Epp? - Reno Omokri On US Election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reno Omokri On Nigeria's Economic Recession by Nnamdd1(m): 6:57am On Oct 23, 2016
Former Special adviser on Media to Former President Goodluck finally has his say on Nigeria's Economic Recession.

Below is what he wrote on his Facebook page.

Somebody asked me to define a recession. This is my definition: When you replace an Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala who has a Ph.D. in regional economics and development from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology as her highest educational qualification with Kemi Adeosun who has a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from the University of East London as her highest educational qualification, the result you get is recession.

http://www.nnamdisblog.com/2016/10/reno-omokri-on-nigeria-recession.html?m=1

Re: Reno Omokri On Nigeria's Economic Recession by sarrki(m): 7:08am On Oct 23, 2016
Rubbish

Kemi is better

Better in everything

Our economy collapsed due to the way she handled

Our economy
Re: Reno Omokri On Nigeria's Economic Recession by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:15am On Oct 23, 2016
My Man Reno we all Love GEJ but please shut up.

So if I'm having an MBA from a Nigerian University I should never become the minister of finance?

Leadership is always the will to lead biko.

When Thomas Sankara moved Burkina Faso from a debt ridden economy to a surplus economy I guess he had a Professor Of Economics as his adviser?

Most of my kinsmen with no WAEC Certificates have built industries worth billions of Naira, While several PhD in Management/Business Admin Holders can't run even a photocopying centre.

Shut Up Reno

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri On Nigeria's Economic Recession by sarrki(m): 7:18am On Oct 23, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

So if I'm having an MBA from a Nigerian University I should never become the minister of finance?

When Thomas Sankara moved Burkina Faso from a debt ridden economy to a surplus economy I guess he had a Professor Of Economics as his adviser?

Most of my kinsmen with no WAEC Certificates have built industries worth billions of Naira, While several PhD in Management/Business Admin Holders don't can't run even a photocopying centre.

Shut Up Reno

I can only say

God will bless you

God will meet you at the point of your needs
Re: Reno Omokri On Nigeria's Economic Recession by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:38am On Oct 23, 2016
sarrki:

I can only say

God will bless you

God will meet you at the point of your needs

grin grin it's true bro. We oppose most PMB absurd policies but they should all give this woman a break. She's a Chartered Accountant and worked as a Senior Manager at PWC Reno should go and apply for a job in Any big four a trial will convince him.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri On Nigeria's Economic Recession by sarrki(m): 7:48am On Oct 23, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

grin grin it's true bro. We oppose most PMB absurd policies but they should all give this woman a break. She's a Chartered Accountant and worked as a Senior Manager at PWC Reno should go and apply for a job in Any big four a trial will convince him.

Naso smiley
Re: Reno Omokri On Nigeria's Economic Recession by nwabobo: 8:14am On Oct 23, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

Most of my kinsmen with no WAEC Certificates have built industries worth billions of Naira, While several PhD in Management/Business Admin Holders can't run even a photocopying centre.

Shut Up Reno

It is not by accident that the greatest people that gave impacted on humanity and sciences attended the world's top universities. You cannot get tour MBA from a Nigerian university and expect to be at par with someone who got his from Havard. This is sad but true.

As a student @ Harvard, you are exposed to global leading corporations by way of internships, work placement and so on. You are involved in researches that impact tge globe. You develop networks with global business, economic and political leaders and future leaders.

Yes, leadership is another kettle of fish but most global leaders who have made impacts have been known to attend the best schools and besides, heading the Finance ministry is not just about leadership but more of expertise than leadership.
Re: Reno Omokri On Nigeria's Economic Recession by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:22am On Oct 23, 2016
nwabobo:

It is not by accident that the greatest people that gave impacted on humanity and sciences attended the world's top universities. You cannot get tour MBA from a Nigerian university and expect to be at par with someone who got his from Havard. This is sad but true.

As a student @ Harvard, you are exposed to global leading corporations by way of internships, work placement and so on. You are involved in researches that impact tge globe. You develop networks with global business, economic and political leaders and future leaders.

Yes, leadership is another kettle of fish but most global leaders who have made impacts have been known to attend the best schools and besides, heading the Finance ministry is not just about leadership but more of expertise than leadership.

Yes I agree with you on this. But that doesn't mean others can't serve well too. If you employ the greatest hands in Nigeria it will lead to nowhere with the kind of politics we play here in Nigeria.

1999- till date we are still running a 97% consumption economy. Can we all day all Finance Ministers from 1999 till date are incompetent? The bulk of the non stops at the Presidency.

I love your mention cool

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri On Nigeria's Economic Recession by KINGwax007(m): 8:42am On Oct 23, 2016
Nnamdd1:
Former Special adviser on Media to Former President Goodluck finally has his say on Nigeria's Economic Recession.

Below is what he wrote on his Facebook page.

Somebody asked me to define a recession. This is my definition: When you replace an Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala who has a Ph.D. in regional economics and development from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology as her highest educational qualification with Kemi Adeosun who has a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from the University of East London as her highest educational qualification, the result you get is recession.

http://www.nnamdisblog.com/2016/10/reno-omokri-on-nigeria-recession.html?m=1
almost 99% of wailers are without brains...

Now that Saudi Arabia reduced workers salary by 20% and adopted the western calmder to save cost based on recession, I believe they also replaced NOI with KA.

Now that their is !ass retrenchment I'm the UK, call rates ate now so high that citizens have resolved to whastapp call to reach their lived ones, na NOI replaced KA.

Venezuela, the world leader in oil productions had many of her citizens crossing to Columbia to look for food, we shld ask why NOI was replaced with KA.

South Africa govt is experiencing reduction in GPD...why did they replace NOI?

Oh .. I forgot, CANADA is surviving on exportation now, what are we to survive on when oil is down? To answer is NOI...

Didn't NOI herself saw this coming?

Didn't she advised Buhari to increase TAX to cushion the effect of the incoming recession bite?

https://www.nairaland.com/2259376/how-buharis-government-boost-revenue/

Didn't she warm that the inability of them to save during plenty will haunt buhari's govt?

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/171145-brace-tougher-times-ahead-okonjo-iweala-tells-nigerians.html

Only wailers are too dense not to understand how things work. They are so educated that they base their arguments on hearsays. After facebook, twitter, yeye blogging sites and their heroes and associates like Reno and whoever is against buhari, they early read.

After African magic, zee world, religious TV stations, radio Biafra, they rarely watch world news. cheesy cheesy

They will just come to Nairaland and worry us...

Like KANU, who asked them to fight, but was determined to hide...
Like PEJ who asked them to go hungry, but harbours billions..
Like Ojukwu, who pushed them to war and escape in Bianca's clothing...
Like Ibori who looted them dry and still their hero...
Like GEJ who gave them their identities and nothing else (according to another hero of theirs, Obi of wailers land) cheesy

Reno is now eating fat on their stupidity to tell them that GEJ and NOI, who earn more than half of what every Nigerian president had ever earn in the history of this nation, over oil,

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/jonathan-nigeria-earned-n51trillion-crude-oil

and determined to loot than save, is not the cause of our recession!

I laugh in Biafra... cheesy

Its so hard being a wailer...but I believe their stupidity still get hope grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri On Nigeria's Economic Recession by obailala(m): 8:53am On Oct 23, 2016
Reno seems to be losing it day after day.

The performance of the economy is largely dependent on a whole lot of factors, not just the qualifications or expertise of one person who is the finance minister. Oh yes, NOI may be older, with stronger qualifications and better experienced than Kemi, but the recession has nothing to do with that especially when you consider the inputs of all other members of the team (president, CBN governor etc); there's only so much a mere finance minister can do in the face of Nigeria's present travails.

NOI herself is a very good case study. The largest growth and progress Nigeria experienced occured under her watch as the finance minister under OBJ and with powerful brains like Soludo manning the CBN. But the very same NOI was barely able to sustain the momentum under GEJ and the whole pack of cards crashed as soon as oil prices began to drop (Kemi was only just extremely unlucky to step in at a time when the centre wasn't holding).

All the economic achievements Nigeria made under NOI's watch under OBJ seems to have been reversed under her watch during the GEJ days and this clearly points out that there's only so much a finance minister can do especially when she's working under a poor team.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri On Nigeria's Economic Recession by nwabobo: 9:55am On Oct 23, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

Yes I agree with you on this. But that doesn't mean others can't serve well too. If you employ the greatest hands in Nigeria it will lead to nowhere with the kind of politics we play here in Nigeria.

1999- till date we are still running a 97% consumption economy. Can we all day all Finance Ministers from 1999 till date are incompetent? The bulk of the non stops at the Presidency.

I love your mention cool

I've been privileged to live in developed countries and I can tell you they do not necessarily have more intelligent people than Nigeria.

Take for instance the UK, the average Brit is not more intelligent than the average Nigerian but the difference between the British society and Nigeria is that those that lead (political and economic leaders) and make policies are chosen from the top percentile of intelligent Brits. It's not an all comers affair like it is in Nigeria where someone without a school cert can find his way to become president. If you look at the CVs of throw leaders, you'd see they were educated at prestigious institutions; The Etons, Oxford, Cambridge, that's the difference. They leave the process of leadership and policy formulation to academically sound people with high IQ.

So my brother, it matters a lot.
Re: Reno Omokri On Nigeria's Economic Recession by Nateben(m): 10:28am On Oct 23, 2016
True talk.

but I'm just here to watch AB@KI's and Afonjas chew you up..... grin

(1) (Reply)

Gov El-rufai Earmarks N4bn For Light Rail Project / Please Come Back Jonathan! Sokoto Residents Stage Pro-gej Protest (photos) / Caption This Photo Of Sanusi, Sarki And Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.