Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,194 members, 7,780,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:30 PM

Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse (30866 Views)

Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation / Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri / PDP Leaders Angry Over Jonathan’s Silence As Crisis Rocks Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by ganye1: 7:29am On Oct 23, 2016
A Jos-based pastor, Kallamu Ali Dikwa, who alleged that former President Goodluck Jonathan gave the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) N7bn, on Saturday said the association’s leadership offered him N1m to “keep quiet”, The Nation reports.
Dikwa made the fresh allegation while speaking with reporters in Kaduna.

He said, ”If, as religious body, CAN cannot stand for truth, then Nigeria will continue to grope in the dark. Buhari will never succeed in his fight against corruption if religious leaders can’t shun corruption.”
When asked for proof of the money he received from CAN, he said, “I don’t have the documents on how the money was handed to CAN, but I have my confidants who were there then and documents on how it was shared.”
Speaking further he added, “I maintain my position on the N7b campaign money that was given to CAN and about nine Toyota Jeeps which were shared and distributed among themselves.
“On the 17th of March 2015, at the Department of State Security I was forced to write an undertaking that I will refrain from peddling such information.
“This was prior to a letter written by CAN on 20th February, 2015 to DSS on ‘Complaint against Kallamu Musa Ali Dikwa for false information, defamation of character and mischief likely to cause a breach of public peace’ which led to my arrest and torture for about nine hours by DSS.
“It was after my detention that I wrote to ICPC and EFCC complaining about what I was going through and the need for their necessary action. EFCC responded to me through a text message by one Mr. Ola Oji, Abuja office in December last year: ‘Please be informed that we have vetted your petition to the commission and found it to be civil. Consequently, we decline investigation into same. You may wish to file an action in Court against the subject please.

“I went to court to challenge my arrest and torture. While the court case was going on, CAN leadership offered me some monetary enticement of N1m in order to withdraw the petition and the matter in court through my bank details. I did that to trap them and to prove the authentication of what is going on.
“It is on record that on 21st of September 2016, CAN through its lawyer texted me a piece through my mobile line to copy and write to ICPC as my opinion.”
President of CAN, Rev. Supo Ayokunle, who was Vice President to the Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, under whose leadership the money was alleged to have been given, said Dikwa’s claim was a fabrication.

He said, “I don’t know any Dikwa. I have never met any Dikwa in my life. I came on board three months ago and I have never given out any money to any individual. That must be a fabrication.

“He’s not in CAN. This is not the first time he will be making such allegation. He’s looking for people he would get money from. People like me will never do anything like that.

“I have never seen his face though I do read some of his allegations. He’s not somebody of integrity. I’m aware he’s a convert. He’s been sending me text messages but I can never associate with such people.”

http://ynaija.com/can-paid-me-n1m-to-keep-quiet-over-jonathans-n7bn-largesse-pastor/?utm_source=nnd&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=nnd

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by INTROVERT(f): 7:31am On Oct 23, 2016
undecided

1 Like

Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by PrinceFromDilli(m): 7:32am On Oct 23, 2016
Pastors on the spotlight nowadays

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by yeyeboi(m): 7:32am On Oct 23, 2016
Ok
Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by Tolexander: 7:32am On Oct 23, 2016
Jos-based pastor, Kallamu Ali Dikwa, who alleged that former President Goodluck Jonathan gave the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) N7bn, on Saturday said the association’s leadership offered him N1m to “keep quiet”, The Nation reports.
Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by Mujaheeeden: 7:33am On Oct 23, 2016
This is another news to distract us from Amaechi bribery news

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by meeky007(m): 7:35am On Oct 23, 2016
u dont even 've d documents nd u are here making noise. Gherara hia mhen!!

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by HtwoOw: 7:36am On Oct 23, 2016
1 Million out of 7 billion largesse, hunger get mansion for your life

And since Swagger pastor was linked to $15M , I've since been asking myself are these men of God representing God's image?

Finally concluded, they were influenced by the party in power

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by Kingsley1000(m): 7:37am On Oct 23, 2016
imagine!......there are traces of corruption even in our christaindom

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by jmichlins(m): 7:42am On Oct 23, 2016
if you no get evidence but rely on hear say from people who are allegedly there kindly shut up. We have enough storm in the teacup already. Meanwhile corruption is a defining aspect of the last administration but this current one is making it look like child play. Let them(political class) continue but woe onto the ruled who support them for any stupid reason

12 Likes

Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by EHMIR(m): 7:48am On Oct 23, 2016
meeky007:
u dont even 've d documents nd u are here making noise.
Gherara hia mhen!!
the judge that accused ameachi,does he ve documents too,no be only words of mouth be him evidence.

Do me a favour,swerve

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by devilson(m): 7:48am On Oct 23, 2016
in the voice of apc zombies we don't believe this,where his written or recorded evidence.all this oral evidence don't mean shit is that not what they said in amaechi case

3 Likes

Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by Progressive01(m): 7:52am On Oct 23, 2016
1. Mamma Piss.

2. Asari Dokubo.

3. Femi Fani Kayode.

4. Raymond Dopesi.

5. Oritsejafor.

6. Goodluck Jonathan.

These were the people (in that order), that cost Jonathan his re-election.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by EHMIR(m): 7:55am On Oct 23, 2016
Pls,where is the bling bling wearing jay z prototype oritsejafor sev

After biafran war,jonathan and his gang are the worst thing to happen to dis contiri....quote me nd u will be striken by brakeless thundersad

18 Likes

Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by eyesofgod: 7:58am On Oct 23, 2016
He said, “I don’t know any Dikwa. I have never met any Dikwa in my life. I came on board three months ago and I have never given out any money to any individual. That must be a fabrication.
“He’s not in CAN. This is not the first time he will be making such allegation. He’s looking for people he would get money from. People like me will never do anything like that

Double speak.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by Earth2Metahuman: 8:29am On Oct 23, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
This is another news to distract us from Amaechi bribery news
nope

Another news to distract us from pej 15million dollars, ekitigate and fayoshe and chibok girls freedom.

The media should not report any news again until we solve those one

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by Kingsley1000(m): 8:35am On Oct 23, 2016
EHMIR:
Pls,where is the bling bling wearing jay z prototype oritsejafor sev

After biafran war,jonathan and his gang are the worst thing to happen to dis contiri....quote me nd u will be striken by brakeless thundersad
CAN,TAN,PDP......all of them are fantastically corrupt

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by Qmerit(m): 8:47am On Oct 23, 2016
Hahahaha and some would say GEJ never fought enemies with DSS, what did I just read, cause he said a simple truth, he was arrested and tortured for 9 hrs. God dey.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by DesChyko: 8:56am On Oct 23, 2016
EHMIR:
the judge that accused ameachi,does he ve documents too,no be only words of mouth be him evidence.

Do me a favour,swerve

Do you know the meaning of 'hearsay'?
The judge that accused Amaechi has a direct knowledge because he was spoken to by Amaechi, but this man claims to have been told by someone else who had a direct knowledge. That makes his testimony hearsay and in law courts, hearsay is not trustworthy.

The EFCC/DSS often build their cases on hearsay than factual evidence, that's why they succeed in the pages of the juicy-gossip-hungry media but flop in the courts undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by EHMIR(m): 9:06am On Oct 23, 2016
DesChyko:

Do you know the meaning of 'hearsay'?
The judge that accused Amaechi has a direct knowledge because he was spoken to by Amaechi, but this man claims to have been told by someone else who had a direct knowledge. That makes his testimony hearsay and in law courts, hearsay is not trustworthy.

The EFCC/DSS often build their cases on hearsay than factual evidence, that's why they succeed in the pages of the juicy-gossip-hungry media but flop in the courts undecided
does the judge ve voice record of ameachi,to prove that ''he spoke to him''

Otherwise forget...cos u cnt even convince a law student based on words of d mouth,not to talk of a judge.

It beats my imagination,that a judge in nigeria could be that daft

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by DesChyko: 9:19am On Oct 23, 2016
EHMIR:
does the judge ve voice record of ameachi,to prove that ''he spoke to him''

Otherwise forget...cos u cnt even convince a law student based on words of d mouth,not to talk of a judge.

It beats my imagination,that a judge in nigeria could be that daft

Do you know that to take a record of a meeting without the consent of both parties is against the law? And even if the judge did that, are you expecting him to make it public? Do you know the suits that may come up if they notice he has been recording calls? Asking after records is pathetic. It is only in cases of 'security' or those of grave consequence that call recording can be admitted as evidence.

Well, the case is for DSS to prove, not the judge. I doubt if Amaechi's case would ever see the courtroom because a lot of threats would have exchanged hands to die that affair.

2 Likes

Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by EHMIR(m): 9:21am On Oct 23, 2016
DesChyko:

Do you know that to take a record of a meeting without the consent of both parties is against the law? And even if the judge did that, are you expecting him to make it public? Do you know the suits that may come up if they notice he has been recording calls?
nd do u knw that taking or giving bribe is also against the constitutional laws of the federal republic of nigeria,nd u nd i knw that the judge is aware of that

Iam not concerned whether ameachi bribed the judge or not..but does the judge have evidence to prove his allegationsad

10 Likes

Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:35am On Oct 23, 2016
Very misleading headline. It should say, CAN offered me 1m not PAID.
Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by jasbrolee(m): 9:55am On Oct 23, 2016
I'm a Muslim and a Yoruba man. I've never disliked Jonathan but his cabinet. They made his administration flop and they looted our money. Take the case of Alison Maduekwe, they're not talking about it any longer. If Amaechi actually bribed the judge and he's found guilty, he should be persecuted. People like Fayose, Obanikoro and others like Saraki, Dogara, Ekweremadu are also found guilty of the allegations made against them, Abeg make them do what is right.
The problem now is those that are suppose to handle the case are corrupt which is touching!!
Now on Buhari, the only thing I have against him is some appointment he made in his cabinet... He's kind of being tribalistic which doesn't favour the South. Issues concerning fighting corruption, I don't think it's a bad thing to do.... I believe there's a lower rate of corruption in the UK if not zero. If we can also do this, I think we're becoming a great nation but it will only work out with the support of everyone of us so far we're Nigerians.

BIAFRA!!! Yakubu Gowon has just apologized to the Southerners. I think this movement shouldn't happen because there won't be peace. Most of us didn't participate in the civil war, it lasted for 3 years which many Nigerians lost their lives though Southerners lost their lives "as we heard".

My plea To Nigerians is that we should unite, No form of tribalism, eradication of corruption totally, love for each other, Tolerance etc. I swear, we'll better USA, CHINA, and JAPAN.

11 Likes

Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by Abeymills(m): 10:05am On Oct 23, 2016
Buhari call ur dogs n hordes of zombies to order church of God in Nigeria is not ur test ground for ur lies propaganda face how 2 solve d recession n hunger u brought upon dis great country or u give ur daura secret service efcc order 2 arrest the pastors u can't dare it live d church of Christ out of ur cluelessness
Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by veekid(m): 10:49am On Oct 23, 2016
And did you keep qwayet
Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by Icecomrade: 10:49am On Oct 23, 2016

Just pissed with all these distractions from so many problems this government needs to address.

How will this issue protect us from imminent job loss.
Re-engage workers, who can't feed their families anymore.

The common man keeps chasing shadows, and distractors won't cease feeding them with issues that does not have any impact in their life.

Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by emmabest2000(m): 10:49am On Oct 23, 2016
Damage Control
Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by sakalisis(m): 10:50am On Oct 23, 2016
Lmao, This week Drama .....
Re: Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse by CHANNELStv2020: 10:51am On Oct 23, 2016
BUHARI SHOULD LEAVE GOOD LUCK ALONE

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Herder Who Killed His Fellow Herdsman In Enugu Caught (Photos) / Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ / Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.