Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,446 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

God Must Be Joking! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Must Be Joking! (2567 Views)

Covid19: The Church Of God Must Open - Enough Of The Persecution (pics, Video) / Let's Stop Joking With Hell Fire!!! - By Sunday Akanni Moshood / Evil Laws: Satan’s Strategy Against The Children Of God (must Read For Bride) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Must Be Joking! by felixomor: 9:36am On Oct 23, 2016
DeSepiero:

So do you have an answer as to why Adam and Eve were blamed for doing something 'bad' when they have no prior knowledge of good and evil?

Do u believe Adam and Eve existed?

If yes, the following answer will make sense.
Re: God Must Be Joking! by felixomor: 9:37am On Oct 23, 2016
akintom:

Let's have what your type do then.

Ask questions with an open mind.
No previous conclusions.
Re: God Must Be Joking! by DeSepiero(m): 9:38am On Oct 23, 2016
felixomor:

Do u believe Adam and Eve existed?

If yes, the following answer will make sense.

I do believe, continue.

1 Like

Re: God Must Be Joking! by akintom(m): 9:48am On Oct 23, 2016
felixomor:

Ask questions with an open mind.
No previous conclusions.

You will deserve my further response, if you will go ahead to use this your scientific approach to disprove my thread.

Until then, you're as good as your unverified claims.
Re: God Must Be Joking! by felixomor: 10:07am On Oct 23, 2016
DeSepiero:

I do believe, continue.

Good to know u believe.
cheesy

Firstly "the knowledge of good and evil" is one of the numerous figurative expressions used in the bible.
It is a "merism".
It is also like "East to West" used in other parts of the bible.
A merism uses two extremes to literally signify an enormous amount of what is being talked about.

If I say I searched "east to west', i may simply be saying, "i searched many places".

The "knowledge of good and evil" also means tremendous amount and variation of knowledge that humans became born with the potential of having after Adam disobeyed.
For example, Today the same computer many people use in saving lives is what some people also use to hack down companies and governments.
Knowledge became highly varied. The sight of naked people became something else other than simple creation.

And for Adam and Eve if blamed, are blamed for disobedience after Eve was deceived by the devil. Nothing else.

I hope this answers u.
Thanks
Re: God Must Be Joking! by felixomor: 10:09am On Oct 23, 2016
akintom:

You will deserve my further response, if you will go ahead to use this your scientific approach to disprove my thread.

Sorry my dear,
U r the one who claims to be scientific yet oppose it while u ask questions.
Re: God Must Be Joking! by JSoE(f): 10:11am On Oct 23, 2016
DeSepiero:

I do believe, continue.

You people have strength to debate this nutcase. More visibility to your keyboard.
Felixomor would soon burn you out with baseless arguments.
Prof Dickens,as I named him, has perfected the art of 'pretentious ignorance'.
You'd soon get tired of typing or he'd scream that you've quoted the bible 'out-of-context'.
Better stop minding him and engage reasonable people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Must Be Joking! by felixomor: 10:13am On Oct 23, 2016
JSoE:

You people have strength to debate this nutcase. More visibility to your keyboard.
Felixomor would soon burn you out with baseless arguments.
Prof Dickens,as I named him, has perfected the art of 'pretentious ignorance'.
You'd soon get tired of typing or he'd scream that you've quoted the bible 'out-of-context'.
Better stop minding him and engage reasonable people.

Good morning dear.
Sorry to disappoint u today.
Read my reply above to ur comment.

Thanks cool
Re: God Must Be Joking! by DeSepiero(m): 10:23am On Oct 23, 2016
felixomor:

Good to know u believe.
cheesy

Firstly "the knowledge of good and evil" is one of the numerous figurative expressions used in the bible.
It is a "merism".
A merism uses two extremes to literally signify an enormous amount of what is being talked about.

If I say I searched "east to west', i may simply be saying, "i searched many places".

The "knowledge of good and evil" also means tremendous amount and variation of knowledge that humans became born with the potential of having after Adam disobeyed.
For example, Today the same computer many people use in saving lives is what some people also use to hack down companies and governments.
Knowledge became highly varied. The sight of naked people became something else other than simple creation.

And for Adam and Eve if blamed, are blamed for disobedience after Eve was deceived by the devil. Nothing else.

I hope this answers u.
Thanks

How did you know that "knowledge of good and evil" as used in the Bible means tremendous amount and variation of knowledge?
Re: God Must Be Joking! by felixomor: 10:25am On Oct 23, 2016
DeSepiero:

How did you know that "knowledge of good and evil" as used in the Bible means tremendous amount and variation of knowledge?

By my little study of its original manuscripts compared with other places merisms occured in the bible.
Re: God Must Be Joking! by ademasta(m): 10:26am On Oct 23, 2016
If God does not exist, what concerns you then?

Can you not just live your life the way you believe and leave others believe their God?

Must you argue to parsuade people to believe God does not exist, or he is a joker?

Simply let us assume those that believe God exists are living in the dream, as you claim, while you are living in the bright daylight, the question still remains, "what is your business with that?"

One thing i have learnt in this life is to mind my own business. My business ranging from my work, my religion, my believe, policies, principles etc. And I should not try to impose mine on others, neither do i need to rubbish theirs, or try to convince people to believe mine.

If you do not believe in the existence of God, no arguement, we are all on this earth to leave again one day.

Live your life and let others live. Your atheism your business, Their God their business.

Leaving them believe what they believe does not make you less a believer of what you believe. That is it!

Note:Read and understand my post very well it never rubbished or correct your believe, it is you i sent it to. Not your believe. You are entittled to your believe.

Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Must Be Joking! by GRIMMJOE(m): 10:44am On Oct 23, 2016
ademasta:

Can you not just live your life the way you believe and leave others believe their God?

Must you argue to parsuade people to believe God does not exist, or he is a joker?

Simply let us assume those that believe God exists are living in the dream, as you claim, while you are living in the bright daylight, the question still remains, "what is your business with that?"

One thing i have learnt in this life is to mind my own business. My business ranging from my work, my religion, my believe, policies, principles etc. And I should not try to impose mine on others, neither do i need to rubbish theirs, or try to convince people to believe mine.

If you do not believe in the existence of God, no arguement, we are all on this earth to leave again one day.

Live your life and let others live. Your atheism your business, Their God their business.

Leaving them believe what they believe does not make you less a believer of what you believe. That is it!

Note:Read and understand my post very well it never rubbished or correct your believe, it is you i sent it to. Not your believe. You are entittled to your believe.

Thank you.
I will mind my business when
•Christian stop knock my door every Sunday
•when a so called man of God stop preaching in the bus that am in
•When head hitters stop waking me 5 am everyday
When Christians stop shoving a cross down peoples ass

2 Likes

Re: God Must Be Joking! by akintom(m): 11:00am On Oct 23, 2016
ademasta:

Thank you.

Thanks for your contribution.

I will reply to this. Though i had stated this before, but in case you're coming across my writing first time, i will take the effort to educate you on why i write to demystify religious beliefs.

In the real and rational world, God and his children don't fit. If they have been allowed to fit unchallenged, the world would have still remained in stone age civilization.

Eg

During stone age, God and his children concluded that Measles is a spiritual disease, and can only be cured by spiritual rituals.

But you know now that it is horrendous and ignorant claim. Horrendous because many children died needlessly. The most pathetic part is that, till today, God and his children have not still withdraw this insidious claim.

If scientists had not contended ferociously, the religious ignorance of this type, via vaccinations against Measles, what would have been the fate of many children prone to its infection?

Now you have your answer.
Re: God Must Be Joking! by ademasta(m): 11:08am On Oct 23, 2016
akintom:

I will reply to this. Though i had stated this before, but in case you're coming across my writing first time, i will take the effort to educate you on why i write to demystify religious beliefs.

In the real and rational world, God and his children don't fit. If they have been allowed to fit unchallenged, the world would have still remained in stone age civilization.

Eg

During stone age, God and his children concluded that Measles is a spiritual disease, and can only be cured by spiritual rituals.

But you know now that it is horrendous and ignorant claim. Horrendous because many children died needlessly. The most pathetic part is that, till today, God and his children have not still withdraw this insidious claim.

If scientists had not contended ferociously, the religious ignorance of this type, via vaccinations against Measles, what would have been the fate of many children prone to its infection?

Hmmm! Who am i to condemn your believe?
Happy day bro!
Re: God Must Be Joking! by ademasta(m): 11:09am On Oct 23, 2016
GRIMMJOE:
I will mind my business when
•Christian stop knock my door every Sunday
•when a so called man of God stop preaching in the bus that am in
•When head hitters stop waking me 5 am everyday
When Christians stop shoving a cross down peoples ass

No problem sir. It is well!
Re: God Must Be Joking! by DeSepiero(m): 11:21am On Oct 23, 2016
felixomor:

By my little study of its original manuscripts compared with other places merisms occured in the bible.
I hope you realize that your study could be flawed.
That aside, are you saying that Adam and Eve actually had knowledge of good and evil before disobeying God and eating from the tree?

1 Like

Re: God Must Be Joking! by felixomor: 11:24am On Oct 23, 2016
akintom:

Eg

U always quote things from no where.
Where did God say measles is a spiritual disease?

By the way the man who invented measles vaccine is a Christian.
His parents were even missionaries.

U just keep writing and writing abstract things.
Why

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Must Be Joking! by felixomor: 11:27am On Oct 23, 2016
DeSepiero:

I hope you realize that your study could be flawed.
That aside, are you saying that Adam and Eve actually had knowledge of good and evil before disobeying God and eating from the tree?

I have already explained what "knowledge of good and evil" in that context means.
So the Answer becomes obvious.
Re: God Must Be Joking! by DeSepiero(m): 11:38am On Oct 23, 2016
felixomor:

I have already explained what "knowledge of good and evil" in that context means.
So the Answer becomes obvious.

The problem as it stands now is that you've formed your personal interpretations of that simple literal story stemming from your beliefs. Then, these interpretation of yours, which is your opinion may not be true.
Re: God Must Be Joking! by akintom(m): 11:40am On Oct 23, 2016
felixomor:

U always quote things from no where.
Where did God say measles is a spiritual disease?

By the way the man who invented measles vaccine is a Christian.
His parents were even missionaries.

U just keep writing and writing abstract things.
Why

Even though i had concluded on you as a guy who lives in rat holes, still, i will not allow you to mislead folks via my space.

An exegesis of Genesis verses that claimed that your God placed curse (though unjustified) on legendary Adam and eve, brought disease on humans. Paul would later talk about the curse of the law, as responsible for all painful experiences in the world of men.

The above Should help you understand my conclusion. Also below is a reference out of many references that claimed that your God can heal ALL diseases. Is Measles not part of all diseases?

Matthew 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

James 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

James 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Overwhelming evidences abound, to disprove any healing power of your God.

You're ratty, the reason therefore for your entrapment in pettiness, as always.

1 Like

Re: God Must Be Joking! by felixomor: 11:41am On Oct 23, 2016
DeSepiero:

The problem as it stands now is that you've formed your personal interpretations of that simple literal story stemming from your beliefs. Then, these interpretation of yours, which is your opinion may not be true.

Sorry no scripture is of Private interpretation.

When Jesus said "give us our daily bread"
Do u think it excludes beans and all other types of food?

Study with open mind.
Re: God Must Be Joking! by felixomor: 11:44am On Oct 23, 2016
akintom:

Even though i had concluded on you as a guy who lives in rat holes, still, i will not allow you to mislead folks via my space.

An exegesis of Genesis verses that claimed the your God placed curse (though unjustified) on legendary Adam and eve, brought disease on humans. Paul would later talk about the curse of the law, as responsible for all painful experiences in the world of men.

Should help you understand my conclusion. Also below is a reference out of many references that claimed that your God can heal ALL diseases. Is Measles not part of all diseases?

Matthew 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

You're ratty, the reason therefore for your entrapment in pettiness, as always.

I hope u see that u cant even give a pin point answer to ur claims.?
I am just lookin and laughing.
Then u call someone "ratty".
Mscheeeewwww
grin

1 Like

Re: God Must Be Joking! by DeSepiero(m): 11:50am On Oct 23, 2016
felixomor:

Sorry no scripture is of Private interpretation.

When Jesus said "give us our daily bread"
Do u think it excludes beans and all other types of food?

Study with open mind.

You earlier said "from your personal small study" you got to know that "knowledge of good and evil" is tremendous amount and variation of knowledge.
That seems like your 'private interpretation'.
Re: God Must Be Joking! by akintom(m): 11:50am On Oct 23, 2016
felixomor:

I hope u see that u cant even give a pin point answer to ur claims.?
I am just lookin and laughing.
Then u call someone "ratty".
Mscheeeewwww
grin

Re: God Must Be Joking! by felixomor: 12:05pm On Oct 23, 2016
akintom:

Blind one,
I have already explained everything.
Scroll.
Re: God Must Be Joking! by felixomor: 12:08pm On Oct 23, 2016
DeSepiero:

You earlier said "from your personal small study" you got to know that "knowledge of good and evil" is tremendous amount and variation of knowledge.
That seems like your 'private interpretation'.

Sorry, it doesnt.
No type of interpretation, whether inspired or private comes to u on ur bed.
U have to study. Thats what "my study" implies.
And pray too.
Re: God Must Be Joking! by DeSepiero(m): 12:13pm On Oct 23, 2016
felixomor:

Sorry, it doesnt.
No type of interpretation, whether inspired or private comes to u on ur bed.
U have to study. Thats what "my study" implies.
And pray too.

Still doesn't rule out the fact that you made a 'private interpretation' of a Bible passage whether divinely inspired or otherwise.
Re: God Must Be Joking! by felixomor: 12:24pm On Oct 23, 2016
DeSepiero:

Still doesn't rule out the fact that you made a 'private interpretation' of a Bible passage whether divinely inspired or otherwise.

Sorry, if its divine, then its not private.
cool
Re: God Must Be Joking! by akintom(m): 3:43pm On Oct 23, 2016
felixomor:

Good to know u believe.
cheesy

It is a "merism".

I hope this answers u.
Thanks

You're just talking to yourself. Answering the question you asked yourself, and pretending to be answering the question asked by the examiner.

The question is this: how could your legendary Adam and eve have been able to disobey your God, when your God didn't give them (prior to disobedience) sense/capacity to know what OBEDIENCE and DISOBEDIENCE is (sense of morality) ?.

Can you tell a 1 year old toddler not to touch hot pressing iron? The toddler doesn't have capacity to know or understand that instructions. That's exactly the similitude of what your God did.

You failed 0/100 in your response because you didn't in the first place, understand the question asked you.

Go read the fictitious book well, and come and defend the ludicrous action of your God.

1 Like

Re: God Must Be Joking! by felixomor: 4:39pm On Oct 23, 2016
akintom:

You're just talking to yourself. Answering the question you asked yourself, and pretending to be answering the question asked by the examiner.

The question is this: how could your legendary Adam and eve have been able to disobey your God, when your God didn't give them (prior to disobedience) sense/capacity to know what OBEDIENCE and DISOBEDIENCE is (sense of morality) ?.

Can you tell a 1 year old toddler not to touch hot pressing iron? The toddler doesn't have capacity to know or understand that instructions. That's exactly the similitude of what your God did.

You failed 0/100 in your response because you didn't in the first place, understand the question asked you.

Go read the fictitious book well, and come and defend the ludicrous action of your God.

Even the person i directed that answer at already sees the explanation, while u r still wallowing in ur blindness.

U cant even make sense of any explanation.

I am not surprised at all, though.
Like i said earlier, ur conclusion is already spelled out.

Continue to Please urself in ur folly.
Re: God Must Be Joking! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 23, 2016
Re: God Must Be Joking! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 23, 2016
felixomor:

Good to know u believe.
cheesy

It is a "merism".

I hope this answers u.
Thanks
Emmm. I don't know if it was just me. But did any one else notice this was utter crap?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olokun Initiation In Edo State, Nigeria [video] / Question For JW And Other Pacifist Organizations / Truth About The Spanish Inquisition (aka The Catholic Church's Torture Sessions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.