Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,043 members, 7,807,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? (25852 Views)

Fornication Is Not Just Sleeping With Someone You Are Not Married To... / Why Do Legally Married Women Who Have Sex Not Considered Worthy By God? / Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 23, 2016
There is no reason for you to divorce your wife. King David who was loved by God married different wife's. Solomon, Jacob and other men in the bible married different wife's. As far as you're able to take cars of them, enjoy your life jare!

l those people talking old testament and new testament. The old testament is not part of the bible Shebi? How many marriages did the new testament tell you about. Did it talk about the marriages of the disciples or Apostles?

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Tynasparks(f): 10:42am On Oct 23, 2016
All these people saying divorce the 2nd wife bla bla bla... If you guys were in her shoe how will you feel Starting all over with kids, and her sexual needs Will just say the man should stick with both...

2 Likes

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by fxbomovi: 10:42am On Oct 23, 2016
@evansjeff, you have to divorce ur 2nd wife, but settle her and her children very well. Maintain ur fatherly role to her children. Thats what u need to do.

2 Likes

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 23, 2016
Having two wives will not stop you inheriting the kingdom of God. All you need to do is try and love them equally and be a good father.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 23, 2016
divorce is also no good in the eyes of the lord,, so keep them both and care for your kids angry
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by southernbelle(f): 10:44am On Oct 23, 2016
Please keep your wives and take care of them. Now that you know God, try as much as possible to love them equally.

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Chudichu(m): 10:44am On Oct 23, 2016
Eyekandi:
Wife no.1 is the original wife, you will have to let the second go.
Let her go to where? If you were a child of the second wife, what would you say of your father? God himself is a just God.

2 Likes

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by deeway200(m): 10:44am On Oct 23, 2016
This is a lie, u can't be legally married to two wives except you have already divorced the first. Therefore, like tuface, ' say another one'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by BlessedHay(m): 10:44am On Oct 23, 2016
he should remain married to his two wives.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Sultty(m): 10:44am On Oct 23, 2016
The main thing here is that u have found Christ. put worries out of ur mind and love your wife's and kids

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by calliope(f): 10:47am On Oct 23, 2016
Eyekandi:
Wife no.1 is the original wife, you will have to let the second go.
Can you listen to yourself? Its irks me you're female and could spew such crap. So just because she is a second wife she is not original ba? SMH for yhu.

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Mandesz(m): 10:48am On Oct 23, 2016
JackBizzle:

A woman is saying this?

See why Nigeria is a useless country? undecided
u only make ursef useless n not Nigeria. someone is sayn her mind n u make it a gender issue..

4 Likes

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by BlessedHay(m): 10:51am On Oct 23, 2016
realmindz:
Tell him the famous people in the bible Yaweh loved.
1. Solomon
2. Jacob
3. David
4. Abraham
how many men in the new testament married more dan a wife? All the names given where in the old testament some even married more dan one wife after the commandments have been given but they atone for their sins by making sacrifices in which jesus was sent in the new testament to abolish such acts, so any man marrying more than a wife in this modern times, he would have to be prayerful because it is a grievous sin. I wish the man all the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Kulas: 10:51am On Oct 23, 2016
Pls I need to be clarified and educated:
-So to marry more than one wife is already a certificate for one not to make heaven?
-What about moslems,traditionalists,Obas,Igwes,and even some men that I read in this country that married more tha 30 wives?
-So they are already a candidates of hell or are there different types of heaven?since there is one God.
Pls let people educate others in this.Thank you.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Rapuru14: 10:51am On Oct 23, 2016
evansjeff:
I know this is not allowed in Christianity, and it has always been a cause of worry to me, any hopes of making heaven? both having kids for me already, fellow nairalanders and Christians...help a wondering heart.

help move this to Front page please
Dearie, don't ever be deceived by what contemporary men on suit teach in churches.
Mind you, God himself said He hates divorce. Since you've married these your lovely wives as an unbeliever enjoy them all - letting nothing come in between the love you have for God.
The only issue there as pointed out in the bible is that you should not go for any leadership position in the church 1Tim 3:2. This is clearly the scriptural stand on it.

It beats my imagination the ease with which many men advice men in this condition to throw away their wives or remain with them without any sexual contact. It is so wicked and ungodly, devoid of God's love and compassion.

Dearie once more provided you've given your life to Christ, don't allow these men that take salvation to be a function of human works and deeds to mislead you and steal the joy and peace you have in Christ.

Remain with them and enjoy Christ please. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Femsmart(m): 10:56am On Oct 23, 2016
BlessedHay:
how many men in the new testament married more dan a wife? All the names given where in the old testament some even married more dan one wife after the commandments have been given but they atone for their sins by making sacrifices in which jesus was sent in the new testament to abolish such acts, so any man marrying more than a wife in this modern times, he would have to be prayerful because it is a grievous sin. I wish the man all the best

Please quote where Jesus himself or God stated someone with more than a wife will not make heaven. If people are to follow Jesus "strictly", everyone should die a virgin.

OP please ride on. I'm a Muslim and can go for 4.

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Femsmart(m): 11:00am On Oct 23, 2016
Kulas:
Pls I need to be clarified and educated:
-So to marry more than one wife is already a certificate for one not to make heaven?
-What about moslems,traditionalists,Obas,Igwes,and even some men that I read in this country that married more tha 30 wives?
-So they are already a candidates of hell or are there different types of heaven?since there is one God.
Pls let people educate others in this.Thank you.

I asked a core Christian to answer this question, but no proof to back monogamy. Since someone has a good heart to God he'll be going to heaven.

3 Likes

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by oglalasioux(m): 11:01am On Oct 23, 2016
evansjeff:
I know this is not allowed in Christianity, and it has always been a cause of worry to me, any hopes of making heaven? both having kids for me already, fellow nairalanders and Christians...help a wondering heart.

Misleading topic. You can't be legally married to two women unless you are a Muslim.

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 23, 2016
evansjeff:

Many of our mentors in the bible married more than one wife. David, Abraham, etc. We all want the blessings of Abraham but we don't want his lifestyle. We always read psalms written by David which are efficacious and potent in solving life-threatening problems , for those who believe in psalms but we often ignore to study about his lifestyle. God even called him a man after His heart. Nobody in world history had ever pleased God in praise and worship like David did. Can we say David whom God called a man after His heart won't enter heaven because of his polygamous status? NO! Can we separate the book of the old testament from the new testament because some of the believers in the old testaments were polygamous? NO! Bro, I'd only advise you involve God in your decision so you don't end up making mistakes.

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by OmaHomes(f): 11:02am On Oct 23, 2016
First! All of you telling him to stick with d two women that they men of God who married more than 1 wife, advisin him that he's gonna make heaven with two wives, just have in mind that if dis man dies today, without repentin, his sins and blood is gonna be on all of u head. I din say that d bible said it. U see a blind man about falling into a bit and u let him, his blood is gonna be on ur head. Even d bible said, unto a man is a woman and unto a woman is a man, he never said unto a man is women. Read ur new testament pls, befored giving d wrong advice about d bible to sum1. What reason do u have to marry 2wives? Nd whatever reason it is, It has to be 1 woman, 1 man. That is what d bible said. U have to let d second wife go, be friends with her and her kids. And pls, all of u quotin d old testament. Go and study ur bible and understand, don't just read for reading sake. Enjoy ur day

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by ollah2: 11:03am On Oct 23, 2016
What do you mean it's not allowed in Christianity? Where is it written in the Bible that you shouldn't marry more than one wife? I'm waiting for ur response
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Kgdavid(m): 11:03am On Oct 23, 2016
evansjeff:

This question is answered clearly in the Bible. So i won't offer you advice, rather i'll just show you where to read:

1 Cor 7: 17-24
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 23, 2016
If he's truly born again, the new Spirit in him, the Holy Spirit, will teach him what to do.
The Holy Spirit will teach him all things.

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by eph12(m): 11:06am On Oct 23, 2016
Topgainer:

Usual creed of 'Holier than thou' assemblies. They give more laws, rules and regulations than God. The world would have been a disaster if these assemblies were allowed to write their own Bibles and pass it across as God's laws.
Op, there is nothing like restitution that says you should send your second wife and her children away.
2.There is nowhere in the Bible that says because you have a second wife you are disqualified from making Heaven.
3. There is no place that Jesus has said he doesn't love you and has condemned you to Hell just because you have a second wife.
However, you can't serve God as Bishop or Pastor in a Church because leading a polygamous family is enough headache on its own as to afford you the time to lead a Church. It will mock the church as much as a drunk preacher will do
But then
If you ensure that righteousness, peace, justice and godliness rules in your home; that any conflicts that may arise are resolved amicably, you are not seen to always favour one over the other, that the younger wife respects the older, you home will be enjoyed by all the inhabitants and you will make Heaven before many of the holier than thou family men.
Also, Please and Please, If you are in a Church that insists that you send your second wife and children away before they will accept you and stopped calling you a sinner, Leave that place.
There are Churches who will appreciate your repentance and good qualities on its present merit. Christianity doesn't continue to input your past mistakes or make unnecessary demands upon you.
In Acts of Apostles, some holier than thou brethren came up with law that Gentiles must be circumcised (according to Jewish laws and traditions) to be accepted as brethren but thankgod for the Apostles who used wisdom to resolve the matter eventually. Such that Adults were not forced to do circumcision but children born subsequently to the gentiles were circumcised.
PMail me, I will recommend some Churches for you that will not go on condeming you or demanding some foolish man made restitutions
I don't think anything is stopping you from writing the names of the churches here so others can learn
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by africanboy(m): 11:06am On Oct 23, 2016
Kgdavid:

This question is answered clearly in the Bible. So i won't offer you advice, rather i'll just show you where to read:

1 Cor 7: 17-24

Best answer.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by saintchyco: 11:08am On Oct 23, 2016
NON OF US ARE GOD SO WE CANT AND HAVE NO RIGHT TO JUDGE YOU BUT WHAT I THINK IS THAT SINCE THIS WAS DONE WHEN YOU DIDNT KNOW GOD THE TOW WIFE CAN STAY ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS TO TAKE CARE OF THEM AND BE FAITHFULL AM VERY SURE THE LORD WILL NOT CONDEM YOU FOR THE THIS

evansjeff:

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by KvnqPrezo(m): 11:09am On Oct 23, 2016
how many wives did david and solomon married? did God condermned them?
bro stick to them, its not your fault.. forget the trash most churches preaches because most of them are fake, thats why i hardly attend church this days, i prefer doing what's in my bible than following one fake pastor..

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Rapuru14: 11:13am On Oct 23, 2016
BlessedHay:
Dearie, are you trying to tell us that the death of Jesus for the sins we committed as unbelievers is a waste. Any issue that you still allow your human understanding to advise on shall in NO way bring forth the will of God.
See believe you me, his sins have been COMPLETELY forgiven, hence for him to remain with his legally married wives, trust and love God all the days of his life.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 23, 2016
BlessedHay:
So, can you tear off your bible the entire old testament because some God-fearing people who were even closer to God than the present day generation married more than one wife? It's rare to find men or women of God who are as faithful as Abraham in the present day generation, despite their being a monogamist. Despite all Abraham went through, he was still strong in his faith. will Abraham enter hell because he married one than one wife...? Has he committed a sin either? Our pastors preach from both old and new testament and without the old testament, there cannot be a new one. God created the heaven and the earth in the old testament. Judge not bro, so you're not judged. Many men of God died a virgin, so were some women...will they not make heaven because they remained single as a result of their faith? Let God alone to decide who's a sinner in this matter. That's all I'd say.

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by shedy03(m): 11:15am On Oct 23, 2016
evansjeff:

this is exactly what happened with the chief of my village, he had 3 wives.
when he was to accept Christ, the church (COCIN) advised prayerfully that he wedded the first wife in a Christian way, she was his wife being the first among the three.
the other 2 women were no longer his wives. but because they had children for him, though they were free to go, he choose to continue to take care of their financial and material needs. and he lived a happy life till he died.
I will advise you to talk to your pastor, the church surely has solution to such and all problems.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by danugochukwu96(m): 11:16am On Oct 23, 2016
My brother, u don't have a problem -in this part of d world polygamy is just fine provided you are financially & emotionally able to carry everybody along. So just chill & ensure d timetable to d other room doesn't clash.

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Topgainer: 11:17am On Oct 23, 2016
oglalasioux:

Misleading topic. You can't be legally married to two women unless you are a Muslim.
Once the in laws agree to give their daughter and your family accept her. You pay the customary bride price. It is called marriage and it is recognized by both families and society. And to annul such marriage in Igbo traditions the wife family will return the pot containing the bride price. Registry is a western culture and is secondary. People with second wifes must have done that to claim marriage and it is marriage as far as I'm concerned

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Okpaleke: Rejected As Bishop In Imo, Accepted By The Pope As Cardinal (Video) / Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China / Service Of Songs For Eunice Olawale In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.