Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,797 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

FIFA: WHO WILL WIN ? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA: WHO WILL WIN ? (1502 Views)

El-classico Is Here: Who Will Win? Barca Or Madrid? / TB Joshua: Eagles Will Win On Sunday / Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA: WHO WILL WIN ? by Akolawole(m): 1:23am On Dec 01, 2005
3 Names were shortlisted.
Chelsea's Frank Lampard, Brazil whizard Ronaldinho and Samuel Eto'o
Who do you think is going to win ?
FRANK LAMPARD: New Record of 160 consecutive premiership matches, NOT VERY SKILFUL but arguably the best penalty taker in the world. England 2nd best scorer in the last European nations cup with 3 goals. The current highest goal scorer in Premiership with 11 goals.

RONALDHINO: Discover at Nigeria 99, current holder of the title. The only player that can do what others cannot do.
Scored only half of the penalty given. best european player.

ETO'O SAMUEL
2 time African player of the year. Good in Europe but very bad in Cameroun and africa as a whole.
Arguably, the best striker in the world. misses crucial penalties.
Let hear ur views on December 19 award.
Re: FIFA: WHO WILL WIN ? by pie1ect(m): 1:42am On Dec 01, 2005
Kola, you beat me to this post!!.  grin
Anyway, make I wait for others to talk(especially chelsea fans) before I put my mouth.
Re: FIFA: WHO WILL WIN ? by Akolawole(m): 3:07am On Dec 01, 2005
U don start again o. I know if u are chanced you will remove Lampard's name because we are rivals, but dont forget most Nigerians are Arsenal supporters.
Re: FIFA: WHO WILL WIN ? by demmy(m): 6:08pm On Dec 01, 2005
Right now Ronaldhino is simply THE BEST player in the world. He'll win it.
Re: FIFA: WHO WILL WIN ? by pie1ect(m): 3:09am On Dec 03, 2005
Well, let's see.

Ronaldinho : already has it in the bag. Best player in the world, bar none.

Eto'o: For me, last season he was the best striker in Europe behind Henry. This season, definitely the best striker in Europe, Henry second.

Lampard: Wetin I go talk wey no go sound like quarrel to chelsea fans?
Anyway, bite me if you like. Lamard does not belong on a top-three footballer list. Hell, even among midfeilders, the guy no follow for top 5. Xavi(Barca), Pirlo, Ballack, Kaka and Gerard are all better than this guy. Hell, Makalele don simply make this guy look like a world-beater, but he aint one. The fellow goes missing at crunch-time during games and cannot control a mid-feild (watch England matches). How the guy take enter that list, I cannot understand. Ballack won as many titles last season, Kaka and Pirlo got to the final of the CL and if not that freak Liverpool resurgence, they'd be champions of Europe, but they no even feature. Henry, top scorer for last 2/3 seasons running, no even feature. If a chelsea player deserves to be on that list it's got to be Cech or Makalele. The guy don benefit from the greatest and most biased media on planet earth. Those BBC and SS guys should win awards for HYPE. It's what gotten Lampard on that list, nothing else.
Re: FIFA: WHO WILL WIN ? by Akolawole(m): 3:41am On Dec 03, 2005
Pie1ect<
For the first time, i agree with you to some extent.
English media play an important role in the list. Dont forget David Beckham was 2nd best few years ago, yet this guy cannot dribble pass a single individual " he cannot make Super Eagles reserve team but for English press. HAVE U WONDERERD HOW JAY-JAY make the list as well.
To me Barcelona is not a super fantastic team. They have no defence at all, imagine Chelsea scoring 3 goals against them within first 20 minutes in the last competition.
Again, i repeat, World best player is the one who distinguish himself both in his club and National team.
Ronaldinho performed well for Barcelona BUT THEY WERE BOOTED OUT IN THE 2ND ROUND of Chjampions League last season but the man did well in Intercontinental cup in germany.

ETOO: I will never respect this guy as far as national team is concerned. He is rubbish in Africa. What can u say of 2 time African best player that has never won best player of the championship nor highest goal scorer. He's only good in Europe, and fortunate to be playing in a team where 100's of chances are created.

HENRY: I beg , henry is only good in highbury. When the going gets tough , he fizzle up. A VERY VERY GOOD PLAYER IN ENGLAN D.

LAMPARD : Not that skilful, Not flashy. Son of a coach dont do unnecessary things on the field. He hardly do any extra things on the field, but he has the most rapid "response " rate in the world. ABILITY TO KICK VERY WELL. Give him 100 penalties, he will score 101. Scores goals a lot. The most injury-free player in the world.

1 Like

Re: FIFA: WHO WILL WIN ? by bagoma(f): 11:51pm On Dec 08, 2005
i personally dont see how lampard made that list. when i first heard that was the question i asked everyone. i believe gerrard is better.

but as una no agree with fifa's top 3. oya make una tell us una own! wink
Re: FIFA: WHO WILL WIN ? by Swish(m): 3:14am On Dec 09, 2005
To Sway a BIT but come off it. I mean think of a Henry-Eto'o partnership at the NOU camp or imagine him at Real(which i think miht be a good place for him to fight). pie1elect...One with the force...my brother...RONALDINHO..not only does he have it in the bag put also safely locked up in his closet. Ako' be fair on Henry (don't hate on gunners: NOTE : not a gunner fan)
Re: FIFA: WHO WILL WIN ? by bagoma(f): 12:42am On Dec 10, 2005
swish, you want henry to leave highbury? patrick left we are still struggling to get used to it you begin pray make henry sef leave. you wan kill us?
NOTE. henry isn't leaving!!!
Re: FIFA: WHO WILL WIN ? by Akolawole(m): 12:44am On Dec 10, 2005
We will try to bring him to Stanford bridge
Re: FIFA: WHO WILL WIN ? by bagoma(f): 12:55am On Dec 10, 2005
kola, dont say that, God forbid that our henry play for our enemy. abeg no talk am again. angry
Re: FIFA: WHO WILL WIN ? by Swish(m): 12:57am On Dec 10, 2005
In modern soccer you just cannot tie your team on the boots of 1 man. Henry has done well at highbury...i think it's time to move on...

@Ako'...henry sure isn't going to bow to a call from stamford bridge...no more premiership ill think if he should leave highbury.
Re: FIFA: WHO WILL WIN ? by Akolawole(m): 1:26am On Dec 10, 2005
Bagoma and Swish please read this:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2005570070,00.html
He's not happy with selfish style of his mate. we will give u £30m to complete ur stadium in xchange for henry
Re: FIFA: WHO WILL WIN ? by Swish(m): 1:42am On Dec 10, 2005
hey! you trying to work up bagoma...you...you...don't get all "bluish"...
Re: FIFA: WHO WILL WIN ? by pie1ect(m): 3:43am On Dec 10, 2005
@Kola
First of all, Henry nor dey comot for Arsenal. Nor even think go that side.

@ Swish
You know someone suggested the WPOTY award should be suspended for the next three years at least, because Ronaldinho don colonise the thing for now. He just looks a world apart from any other footballer currently. Brazil are the fav. to win the W/cup, mainly because they have the man...RONALDINHO GAUCHO.

@Bagoma
Nor let Chelsea worry you.
As they say:money cannot buy you everything
Re: FIFA: WHO WILL WIN ? by bagoma(f): 3:48am On Dec 10, 2005
yeah!!!
Re: FIFA: WHO WILL WIN ? by Akolawole(m): 1:18pm On Dec 10, 2005
Swish and Pie1ect
I beg dont destroy my friendship with Bagoma.
I know her well and i'm sure she will be singing a new song in February by the time we pocket the premiership "yan yan"
Re: FIFA: WHO WILL WIN ? by bagoma(f): 11:03pm On Dec 10, 2005
that friendship is seriously threatened by your total dislike of arsenal. i'm sure you're even laughing at our present woes. no problem. we'll be back on our feet again
Re: FIFA: WHO WILL WIN ? by bagoma(f): 11:08pm On Dec 10, 2005
one other thing kola, as per chelsea having the premiership in the pocket. let me remind you say my people say, no be who first start to de run de carry first.
Re: FIFA: WHO WILL WIN ? by Akolawole(m): 1:16pm On Dec 11, 2005
Bagoma, How could arsenal destroy our solid relationship.
I did not hate Arsenal but i hate their "yeye" youth policy
Imagine selling Viera( b'cos he's nearing 30) for peanut. Pires is the next to be sold.
Re: FIFA: WHO WILL WIN ? by bagoma(f): 7:16pm On Dec 11, 2005
angry lipsrsealed
Re: FIFA: WHO WILL WIN ? by opemogaji(m): 12:03am On Jan 08, 2006
brazil
Re: FIFA: WHO WILL WIN ? by Mustay(m): 9:05am On Oct 20, 2007
bagoma:

one other thing kola, as per chelsea having the premiership in the pocket. let me remind you say my people say, no be who first start to de run de carry first.

hmmmmmmmmmm. same could be said for ARSENAL now o!

(1) (Reply)

The Most Intelligent free Kick In The World / Age Saga Hits Nigerian Female Under 17 Team , Usa Embassy Deny Players Visa / FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup: Japan 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.