Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,882 members, 7,802,850 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? (52848 Views)

Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo) / Beautiful Wives Of Nigerian Pastors (Photos) / 7 Nigerian Pastors That Were Accused Of Adultery – No. 3 & 6 Cases Shook Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 23, 2016
It's funny when Nigerians talk about decency yet we are far from the most decent country in the world.

I don't know the country this pastor is from, but am sure the best pastor in Nigeria is no match for his decency.

4 Likes

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by mii4u(f): 2:40pm On Oct 23, 2016
Edunwa302:

Prophet T.B Joshua atimes does

TB Joshua cannot dress like that for a Sunday service, at least not now anymore
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by lizzypro: 2:40pm On Oct 23, 2016
... grin[/color][color=#770077]
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by addikt(m): 2:41pm On Oct 23, 2016
samtee37:
It doesn't look ok at all....
Wait
Can you dress like that to an interview.. ?

And that is not an interview. .... tongue

1 Like

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 23, 2016
Part of the nature of an interview is being judged by your physical appearance {from the clothes you wear to how you style your hair to how you shake the interviewer's hand to how you smile, etc}. As a potential employee you know you've to dress and act in a certain manner because sadly, you're going to be judged by these things. God, on the other hand, looks beyond the physical. With him, what is inside is what counts. A Pastor can wear new fancy suits and shoes every Sunday but that doesn't mean he/she impresses God. The same thing goes for a Pastor who dresses casually. But I'm sure God prefers modest and humble dressing before him rather than the fancy attires and bling bling you see on some Nigerian Pastors these days.

samtee37:
It doesn't look ok at all....
Wait
Can you dress like that to an interview.. ?

willibounce1:
Will you wear short and shirt if you were going for an important interview that will earn you a huge contract or job? Or will you wear it to an important evening event?

You should wear your best clothes to church... because God is the reason you are alive.

5 Likes

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by martineinstein(m): 2:45pm On Oct 23, 2016
mii4u:

Pls wen u attend a job interview dressed in same manner, when ur interviewers ask u why didn't dress decently for an interview, Pls throw back the same question u asking me right now
dont mix corperate dressing with decent dressing,abeg

2 Likes

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by dreezybines: 2:48pm On Oct 23, 2016
oluwatosin67:

The way u dress when going to for a bank interview in the presence of ordinary men.

God bless you for this reply...So simple and on point
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Raemhure001(m): 2:48pm On Oct 23, 2016
Simple but doesn't look good for a pastor....... As a minister u need to look responsible enough not like a boy going to d beach

1 Like

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Aremu01(m): 2:48pm On Oct 23, 2016
Biko which country is this?
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by God2man(m): 2:52pm On Oct 23, 2016
Not decent
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Originalsly: 2:53pm On Oct 23, 2016
mii4u:
I wouldn't even support any pastor to dress like that cos it doesn't look decent
What is not decent about his dressing?... or does decent mean flashy?...dressing to impress?... dressing like the rich? Hmmm...he's not a decent guy because of how he dresses... and we wonder why soooo many are duped and robbed by the slick dressing robbers parading the pulpits as pastors.

3 Likes

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by sunnydayasaba(m): 2:55pm On Oct 23, 2016
Can you dress like that if you have appointment with Buhari?

Then why should one dress that way when you have appointed with God. For me, Its a NO
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by RaeMystix: 2:56pm On Oct 23, 2016
My former pastor also dressed like that, but with longer pants. I personally do not find anything inappropriate with his attire. Didn't the bible "Come as you are"?. Why judge?
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by TeGaTeGa1(m): 3:01pm On Oct 23, 2016
OUR DADDY grin
kennyjam:

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by FreshBoss007: 3:01pm On Oct 23, 2016
columbus007:
I was almost leaving the church,okay let me go back and pray 4u so that u can recieve sense undecided
can you give what you don't have?? you don't have sense bros... BTW what did you wear to church? hope its Jean shorts
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Eaugusta(f): 3:06pm On Oct 23, 2016
Wait
Can you dress like that to an interview..

Good question[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by AvsGot007(m): 3:11pm On Oct 23, 2016
reading y'all posts , now I'm 100% sure 9ja goan suffer for so Long time! *sighs*
I believe y'all yelling indecent cos you don't get to see rich pastor/people dress like that in Africa!

5 Likes

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by QuietHammer(m): 3:22pm On Oct 23, 2016
The amount of stupidity displayed here is fascinating. What da hell is wrong in shirt and shorts?

5 Likes

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 23, 2016
eshietIntrepid:
if dressing this way to church and climbing the pulpit to preach is growing up, then I'll remain a baby.

Your stuupidity and primitiveness knows no boundaries. Majority of Nigerians mentality is one reason this country keeps on going one step backward each year. Someone dressed so simple, filled with so much humility and respect unlike so many bling bling, hundreds of thousands naira suit pastor and you people are condemning his outfit? Eeeeeeeeeee!

6 Likes

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Ikville(m): 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2016
Why do Naija mentality hav to be so damn obvious in evrything? R dere rules & regulations regarding dress codes for 'churching'? As far am concerned, d only rule regarding dressing up for church is one simple word - Modest.
Wen Nigerians dress up for church, it's usually an overkill. Eitha to exhibit their lavish wardrobes or to show' who is who'. No wonder some folks skip church services cos dey dont hav something 'befitting' to wear. No wonder also churches r such brisk bizness for pastors. Dis is d exact reason Christians really dunno d essence of christianity.

Afterthot:
Now i un'stand d 'reaction' in church wen a very poor person or beggar come to church

6 Likes

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by mii4u(f): 3:59pm On Oct 23, 2016
Originalsly:
What is not decent about his dressing?... or does decent mean flashy?...dressing to impress?... dressing like the rich? Hmmm...he's not a decent guy because of how he dresses... and we wonder why soooo many are duped and robbed by the slick dressing robbers parading the pulpits as pastors.

I didn't talk about flashy and I'm very sure u understand how and Wat I mean
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Wolfbrother(m): 4:08pm On Oct 23, 2016
mii4u:
I wouldn't even support any pastor to dress like that cos it doesn't look decent

Jesus was a simple man, he wore simple things ... wearing suit has no bearing on your spiritual competence...all of you killing yourselves with suit and big gele or hat are only doing so to satisfy yourselves and your worldly desires to look good, God sees past all that, your dressing does nothing for him ...your heart is what matters , you sound dumb ...Nigerians are now doing Christianity more than the people that introduced us to it undecided

3 Likes

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by MrPRevailer(m): 4:09pm On Oct 23, 2016
Signs of a dead church.
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 4:09pm On Oct 23, 2016
Bro as you dress you are address and not evert man of God that wears flashy thing is draining his members
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Wolfbrother(m): 4:11pm On Oct 23, 2016
Donmichaelz:
imagine ur dad wearing these to your wedding, ..then u will know decent dressing..

Explain to me what wearing suit does for God. A wedding and church are two different things ..please receive sense

2 Likes

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Originalsly: 4:14pm On Oct 23, 2016
mii4u:

I didn't talk about flashy and I'm very sure u understand how and Wat I mean
No I don't. Do you think Jesus and his deciples dressed decently?... your answer to this may make me understand.

1 Like

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by ragnar1(m): 4:20pm On Oct 23, 2016
FreshBoss007:
what's simple about that? I see that as plain childish.... can your dad dress like that to church?
does the dress gives you anything. as simple as u preach, dress likes wise.
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by kennyjam: 4:22pm On Oct 23, 2016
kennyjam:
you dey share am with me ko....We thank God for him!

[quote author=TeGaTeGa1

post=50443431]OUR DADDY grin

1 Like

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by mii4u(f): 4:26pm On Oct 23, 2016
Wolfbrother:

Jesus was a simple man, he wore simple things ... wearing suit has no bearing on your spiritual competence...all of you killing yourselves with suit and big gele or hat are only doing so to satisfy yourselves and your worldly desires to look good, God sees past all that, your dressing does nothing for him ...your heart is what matters , you sound dumb ...Nigerians are now doing Christianity more than the people that introduced us to it undecided

Mr know all, a corporate or decent dressing for a pastor doesn't necessarily mean a suit, it cld also mean a simple shirt on a trousseurs
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Wolfbrother(m): 4:32pm On Oct 23, 2016
mii4u:
Mr know all, a corporate or decent dressing for a pastor doesn't necessarily mean a suit, it cld also mean a simple shirt on a trousseurs

Mrs. I speak for God is shirt on trousers any simpler than the shirt on shorts the man in the picture is wearing?
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by lobiologs(m): 4:33pm On Oct 23, 2016
I just had to do this. Most of you need to re-evaluate yourselves as individuals and as Christians. Jesus didn't dress in the best attires (as it would considered back then, I think It was even the pharisees that dressed in the best attires *food for thought*) he wasn't rich so how could he. John the baptist was mostly dressed in rags (I guess that's not decent either but then he baptised jesus. Hmmm!!!!!). Elijah didn't even change his attire for months on end in the wilderness. I guess they cared more about what they look like on the inside rather than what they looked like on the outside. I guess the dress code back then was how it pleases God than how it pleases man...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Clinton207: 4:39pm On Oct 23, 2016
Hmm this pastor must be a rock star or John sena's brother.....

Just saying it's not too okay by me to even dress like this to a service let alone a pastor!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Avoid These Sexual Pleasures In 2019 / Social Distancing In Akwa Ibom Church (Photo) / 'Jesus' Image' Appears Above Colombian City Where 17 People Died Of Landslide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.