Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,943 members, 7,803,091 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? (52852 Views)

Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo) / Beautiful Wives Of Nigerian Pastors (Photos) / 7 Nigerian Pastors That Were Accused Of Adultery – No. 3 & 6 Cases Shook Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by kayzat: 9:28pm On Oct 23, 2016
PenisOfTruth:

Whats Your definition of decent please?

bros, I need your assistance . I will like to know if you have heard about this site before
http://www.sahara-bet.com/?m=1
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Tellemall: 9:36pm On Oct 23, 2016
Yieldings:
Part of the nature of an interview is being judged by your physical appearance {from the clothes you wear to how you style your hair to how you shake the interviewer's hand to how you smile, etc}. As a potential employee you know you've to dress and act in a certain manner because sadly, you're going to be judged by these things. God, on the other hand, looks beyond the physical. With him, what is inside is what counts. A Pastor can wear new fancy suits and shoes every Sunday but that doesn't mean he/she impresses God. The same thing goes for a Pastor who dresses casually. But I'm sure God prefers modest and humble dressing before him rather than the fancy attires and bling bling you see on some Nigerian Pastors these days.

smiley
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by kiddkash(m): 9:49pm On Oct 23, 2016
grayht:
Catholic Priest are best known for this!
where
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by uzuede4(f): 9:49pm On Oct 23, 2016
olu77:
Who brought this to front page angry
I no know. Abeg help me ask dem
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Wolfbrother(m): 9:57pm On Oct 23, 2016
Themandator:

Jesus Christ wore robes and garments and they were of such quality that the soldiers haggled amongst themselves( throwing away ranks) about who would take his clothes... They ended up sharing it... Nobody would cast lot to share what this pastor is wearing g if he is given the beaten of his life while in them with the attendant blood and all but thy did it for the robes and garments of Jesus because it had tangible material value during his time

Read your Bible with the help of th Holy Spirit.... He is your teacher... assumption is the lowest form of knowledge

Lol do you have any bible verses to back up what you're saying? About the quality of clothes that Jesus wore, the soldiers cast lots? seems to me you're the one making assumptions , what of the other prophets in the Bible? What did they wear?..Did Jesus tell us how to dress?, was it not come as you are?.. People with reasoning like yours chase people away from the church by making rules that should not exist.. Overdoing Christianity ... Like that Redeemed church marriage list... Ridiculous.. I attend Redeemed, I wear a suit Monday to Friday, on Sunday I am mad casual, doesn't mean God will answer the prayer of the man wearing a suit before he answers my own... Focus less on the outward its the content of your pastors heart or your heart that matters, things like suits and shoes and shirts do they really have anything to do with your salvation? Are they not worldy things in the end?.. You dress up and you look at yourself in the mirror, you tell yourself I look good, let's not fool ourselves
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Wolfbrother(m): 10:00pm On Oct 23, 2016

Tellemall:

Enough with the heart being judged talk.

You are only in support of this because a white person is doing it.

If you wanted to preach to people, would you look like that?

Why can't he dress in a universally accepted way?

Church is not a bank interview, but as a pastor he is representing God. That is the worst dressed pastor I've ever seen. But I'm sure if you invited him to a party or a more expensive podium he wouldn't look so casual.
Being badly dressed for an occasion isn't about humility. Being flashy isn't about being black or Nigerian.

This is how Zuckerberg and his lousy gray shirts captivated those of lesser thought capacity.

It's always surprising the things black people will fawn over.

Did God come down and tell you the universally accepted way to dress in his house?....... None of you suit advocates want to answer the question. How did the great prophets if th Bible dress? Is there a dress code on the Bible. You are speaking for God with your limited human mind and I think that's arrogant, your are imposing your own standards and calling it what God wants... Funny guy
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Wolfbrother(m): 10:04pm On Oct 23, 2016
Themandator:

What the man was wearing is actually a traditional attire that looks funny to you just as our agbada looks funny and is called parachute attire/kit by the whites.

Bruh.... That's a pirate costume

1 Like

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by harmbhrosz(m): 10:36pm On Oct 23, 2016
Donmichaelz:
would you take anyone who dresses like that seriously,anything u see a white man do you feel it is always right,,Continue,its u who need to grow up,,,,
and this is why the white man has always been gods over us Africans...

Who told you Suit is an official wear, is it not the white man? Your type is the hypocritical one that judges a book by it cover... I'm sure if your Pastor mount the pulpit to preach, you won't take him serious because his dressing was what you went to church to look.

1 Like

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 23, 2016
omowaleola:
Kini eleyn so? Ode!
read my post and this time slowly! Oponu
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Cletus77(m): 11:13pm On Oct 23, 2016
why u no go dinner go see how simple he dresses??
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Ritieyalu(f): 11:51pm On Oct 23, 2016
dadaic:

Whether you like it or not, he wore it. And if you don't like it, you can hit your head on the wall. What nonsense is this.
The problem is religion is MAN, Abeg wetin concern dressing and the word of God.
well u didnt try to convince me and I still remain where I am u can kiss transformer
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Ritieyalu(f): 11:55pm On Oct 23, 2016
Wolfbrother:

By Nigerian standards abi, or is it by ritieyalu standards... Carry on with your backwards mentality.. Crying more than the bereaved
who ask for ur opinion, it seems ur brain cannot detect what ur eyes is seeing, that attire is what u wear on a social gathering, not in a holy place,see how u value work more than God,Chop sense dude
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Ritieyalu(f): 11:58pm On Oct 23, 2016
JustHere2Observ:

That is why you are being duped by liars in suits because you take them serious.
This is what u will tell ur kids?with people like u in this kinda country,we never dey smell development
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Tellemall: 12:21am On Oct 24, 2016
Wolfbrother:

Did God come down and tell you the universally accepted way to dress in his house?....... None of you suit advocates want to answer the question. How did the great prophets if th Bible dress? Is there a dress code on the Bible. You are speaking for God with your limited human mind and I think that's arrogant, your are imposing your own standards and calling it what God wants... Funny guy

And you are think you're speaking for God with your rustic approach to dressing in public.

Stop using your standards of bad dressing as the standard for God.

Who are you and the other advocates for preachers in poor dressing to try and be more holy than Jesus who wore a beautiful tunic that soldiers gambled over?

Would you preach to people dressed like that? Can you stand before a range of people from different socioeconomic backgrounds dressed in shorts and shirt especially at a formal meeting such as church gatherings are? Is that dressing universally acceptable for a public gathering that isn't a meth party? Humility indeed.

If you invited that same man to a formal gathering that wasn't church he wouldn't dress so badly. Everybody is looking for an excuse to look miserable while serving God. They call it humility. Whitewashed sepulchres. Every mad man is humble by your standards.

When you're honest with yourself you can respond. Or rather, when you admit it looks attractive because a white man is doing it. If you wish to look rugged in church, don't call it humility.

Nobody said he should wear a suit, but everybody agrees his dressing isn't appropriate for what he's doing. Anybody saying otherwise simply wants to be stupid online.
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by JustHere2Observ(f): 6:17am On Oct 24, 2016
Ritieyalu:

This is what u will tell ur kids?with people like u in this kinda country,we never dey smell development

And you think your stereotyping will lead to development? Smh.
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by ddeola: 6:33am On Oct 24, 2016
Nothing do am nau. But a long trouser will make his dressing more decent.
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Themandator: 6:44am On Oct 24, 2016
Wolfbrother:

Lol do you have any bible verses to back up what you're saying? About the quality of clothes that Jesus wore, the soldiers cast lots? seems to me you're the one making assumptions , what of the other prophets in the Bible? What did they wear?..Did Jesus tell us how to dress?, was it not come as you are?.. People with reasoning like yours chase people away from the church by making rules that should not exist.. Overdoing Christianity ... Like that Redeemed church marriage list... Ridiculous.. I attend Redeemed, I wear a suit Monday to Friday, on Sunday I am mad casual, doesn't mean God will answer the prayer of the man wearing a suit before he answers my own... Focus less on the outward its the content of your pastors heart or your heart that matters, things like suits and shoes and shirts do they really have anything to do with your salvation? Are they not worldy things in the end?.. You dress up and you look at yourself in the mirror, you tell yourself I look good, let's not fool ourselves

International Version
When the soldiers crucified Jesus, they took his clothes, dividing them into four shares, one for each of them, with the undergarment remaining. This garment was seamless, woven in one piece from top to bottom.

New Living Translation
When the soldiers had crucified Jesus, they divided his clothes among the four of them. They also took his robe, but it was seamless, woven in one piece from top to bottom.

English Standard Version
When the soldiers had crucified Jesus, they took his garments and divided them into four parts, one part for each soldier; also his tunic. But the tunic was seamless, woven in one piece from top to bottom,

Berean Study Bible
When the soldiers had crucified Jesus, they divided His garments into four parts, one for each soldier, with the tunic remaining. It was seamless, woven in one piece from the top to bottom.

Berean Literal Bible
Then the soldiers, when they crucified Jesus, took His garments and made four parts, to each soldier a part, and also the tunic. Now the tunic was seamless, woven from the top all throughout.

New American Standard Bible
Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took His outer garments and made four parts, a part to every soldier and also the tunic; now the tunic was seamless, woven in one piece.

King James Bible
Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments, and made four parts, to every soldier a part; and also his coat: now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
When the soldiers crucified Jesus, they took His clothes and divided them into four parts, a part for each soldier. They also took the tunic, which was seamless, woven in one piece from the top.

International Standard Version
When the soldiers had crucified Jesus, they took his clothes and divided them into four parts, one for each soldier, and took his cloak as well. The cloak was seamless, woven in one piece from the top down.

NET Bible
Now when the soldiers crucified Jesus, they took his clothes and made four shares, one for each soldier, and the tunic remained. (Now the tunic was seamless, woven from top to bottom as a single piece.)

New Heart English Bible
Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments and made four parts, to every soldier a part; and also the coat. Now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
But the soldiers, when they had crucified Yeshua, took his garments, and they made four parts, a part to each of the soldiers; but his tunic was without a seam: it was woven entirely from the top.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
When the soldiers had crucified Jesus, they took his clothes and divided them four ways so that each soldier could have a share. His robe was left over. It didn't have a seam because it had been woven in one piece from top to bottom.

New American Standard 1977
The soldiers therefore, when they had crucified Jesus, took His outer garments and made four parts, a part to every soldier and also the tunic; now the tunic was seamless, woven in one piece.

Jubilee Bible 2000
Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments and made four parts (to each soldier a part); and also his coat: now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout.

King James 2000 Bible
Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments, and made four parts, to every soldier a part; and also his coat: now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout.

American King James Version

American Standard Version
The soldiers therefore, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments and made four parts, to every soldier a part; and also the coat: now the coat was without seam, woven from the...... .. John 19:23

Parallel Verses
New International Version
When they had crucified him, they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

New Living Translation
After they had nailed him to the cross, the soldiers gambled for his clothes by throwing dice.

English Standard Version
And when they had crucified him, they divided his garments among them by casting lots.

Berean Study Bible
When they had crucified Him, they divided up His garments by casting lots.

Berean Literal Bible
And having crucified Him, they divided His garments, casting lots.

And when they had crucified Him, they divided up His garments among themselves by casting lots.

King James Bible
And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.

After crucifying Him they divided His clothes by casting lots.

After they had crucified him, they determined who would get his clothes by throwing dice for them.

NET Bible
When they had crucified him, they divided his clothes by throwing dice.

New Heart English Bible
When they had crucified him, they divided his clothing among them, casting lots,

And when they had crucified him, they divided his garments by lots.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
After they had crucified him, they divided his clothes among themselves by throwing dice.

And when they had crucified Him, they divided up His garments among themselves, casting lots;

Jubilee Bible 2000
And they crucified him and parted his garments, casting lots, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my raiment did they cast lots.

King James 2000 Bible
And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and for my clothing did they cast lots.

And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and on my clothing did they cast lots.

And when they had crucified him, they parted his garments among them, casting lots;

Douay-Rheims Bible
And after they had crucified him, they divided his garments, casting lots; that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying: They divided my garments among them; and upon my vesture they cast lots.

Darby Bible Translation
And having crucified him, they parted his clothes amongst [themselves], casting lots.

English Revised Version
And when they had crucified him, they parted his garments among them, casting lots:

Webster's Bible Translation
And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture they cast lots.

Weymouth New Testament
After crucifying Him, they divided His garments among them by lot,

World English Bible
When they had crucified him, they divided his clothing among them, casting lots,

Young's Literal Translation
And having crucified him, they divided his garments, casting a lot, that it might be fulfilled that was spoken by the prophet, 'They divided my garments to themselves, and over my vesture they cast a lot;'
Commentary
Matthew Henry Commentary
27:35-44 It was usual to put shame upon malefactors, by a writing to notify the crime for which they suffered. So they set up one over Christ's head. This they designed for his reproach, but God so overruled it, that even his accusation was to his honour. There were crucified with him at the same time, two robbers. He was, at his death, numbered among the transgressors, that we, at our death, might be numbered among the saints. The taunts and....... Matt 27 v 35
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Wolfbrother(m): 7:01am On Oct 24, 2016
Tellemall:

Stop using your standards of bad dressing as the standard for God.

Who are you and the other advocates for preachers in poor dressing to try and be more holy than Jesus who wore a beautiful tunic that soldiers gambled over?
don't call it humility.

Nobody said he should wear a suit, but everybody agrees his dressing isn't appropriate for what he's doing.

Themandator:

International Version
When the soldiers crucified Jesus, they took his clothes, dividing them into four shares, one for each of them, with the undergarment remaining. This garment was seamless, woven in one piece from top to bottom.

Both of you are clinging to the same verse and dancing around my questions , do you know why they shared his cloth? where is it specified that it was because of its "opulence", could it not be for sentimental or spiritual value? , how much would that piece of cloth be worth to a believer . how much would a piece of that cloth be worth today?. also you guys shot yourselves in the foot with this verse "And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet" its basically saying they shared Jesus's clothes to fulfill a prophecy grin grin @Tellemall Dressing casually has nothing to with humility , you are just louding your myopic mindset saying things like that , you think that pastor dressed like that to be humble? , ogbeni read all my posts or ask them , u think zukerberg dresses like that to be humble? , They dress like that because that is what they are comfortable wearing, you are trying to sound intelligent but your Alzheimer's isn't allowing for it, show me one place i mentioned humility... please answer my questions and stop giving all these weak arguments. Ill ask again. Did God come down and tell you the universally accepted way to dress in his house?....... None of you suit advocates want to answer the question. How did the great prophets if the Bible dress? Is there a dress code on the Bible.
...Wearing suit is your YOUR standard and your standards are not Gods standards you arrogant pr!ck with quasi "anti-white man" statements. even the suit you are advocating for is it not the white man that said it was the corporate standard?, let me tell you something, EVERYTHING you have now is because of the white\yellow man . Dont kid yourself, they control your life. Also please answer the bolded questions above
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Ita33(m): 8:49am On Oct 24, 2016
[sup][/sup]

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 24, 2016
Ritieyalu:

well u didnt try to convince me and I still remain where I am u can kiss transformer

I should try and convince you why someone wore what he wore to preach? Which kin person be this one like this? I have kissed the transformer, and it responded.
Well, I don't need to convince you. But I do know one thing, our major problem with religion is MAN. You and I are the problem. Funny enough, you are the type of person who would visit a juju man and you see him in suit, you will find it weird. You will find it absurd, because the media/movies/hear-says have made you believe that juju men are supposed to look tattered and dirty. And the same media/movies/hear says have made you believe that pastors are supposed to dress in a particular manner, in suits, and your mind gets clouded when you see someone dressing casual. If you like no go the church, how e take stop the guy from serving God?
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by mii4u(f): 10:58am On Oct 24, 2016
dadaic:

My people perish because they lack knowledge. What is wrong with his dressing? It's people like you that gets so derailed by people in suits. How confusing you are.

Mr man, it must not necessarily be suit, it cld be a simple shirt on on a trousseau, the short simply spoilt tell whole thing. Pls don't insult, just state Wat and how u feel.
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Ritieyalu(f): 12:05pm On Oct 24, 2016
dadaic:

I should try and convince you why someone wore what he wore to preach? Which kin person be this one like this? I have kissed the transformer, and it responded.
Well, I don't need to convince you. But I do know one thing, our major problem with religion is MAN. You and I are the problem. Funny enough, you are the type of person who would visit a juju man and you see him in suit, you will find it weird. You will find it absurd, because the media/movies/hear-says have made you believe that juju men are supposed to look tattered and dirty. And the same media/movies/hear says have made you believe that pastors are supposed to dress in a particular manner, in suits, and your mind gets clouded when you see someone dressing casual. If you like no go the church, how e take stop the guy from serving God?
you will never understand
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Ritieyalu(f): 12:07pm On Oct 24, 2016
dadaic:

Well, I don't need to convince you. But I do know one thing, our major problem with religion is MAN. You and I are the problem. Funny enough, you are the type of person who would visit a juju man and you see him in suit, you will find it weird. You will find it absurd, because the media/movies/hear-says have made you believe that juju men are supposed to look tattered and dirty. And the same media/movies/hear says have made you believe that pastors are supposed to dress in a particular manner, in suits, and your mind gets clouded when you see someone dressing casual. If you like no go the church, how e take stop the guy from serving God
you are very far from understanding, I'm out
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Ritieyalu(f): 12:12pm On Oct 24, 2016
JustHere2Observ:

You said so
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Ritieyalu(f): 12:15pm On Oct 24, 2016
JustHere2Observ:

You said so
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Tellemall: 1:23pm On Oct 24, 2016
Wolfbrother:

Both of you are clinging to the same verse and dancing around my questions , do you know why they shared his cloth? where is it specified that it was because of its "opulence", could it not be for sentimental or spiritual value? , how much would that piece of cloth be worth to a believer . how much would a piece of that cloth be worth today?. also you guys shot yourselves in the foot with this verse "And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet" its basically saying they shared Jesus's clothes to fulfill a prophecy grin grin @Tellemall Dressing casually has nothing to with humility , you are just louding your myopic mindset saying things like that , you think that pastor dressed like that to be humble? , ogbeni read all my posts or ask them , u think zukerberg dresses like that to be humble? , They dress like that because that is what they are comfortable wearing, you are trying to sound intelligent but your Alzheimer's isn't allowing for it, show me one place i mentioned humility... please answer my questions and stop giving all these weak arguments. Ill ask again. Did God come down and tell you the universally accepted way to dress in his house?....... None of you suit advocates want to answer the question. How did the great prophets if the Bible dress? Is there a dress code on the Bible.
...Wearing suit is your YOUR standard and your standards are not Gods standards you arrogant pr!ck with quasi "anti-white man" statements. even the suit you are advocating for is it not the white man that said it was the corporate standard?, let me tell you something, EVERYTHING you have now is because of the white\yellow man . Dont kid yourself, they control your life. Also please answer the bolded questions above

If you didn't resort to insults you might have seemed to have a point when you actually don't.

Who made you the spokesman of God concerning "humble" tattered dressing?

Stop airing your smelly views and acting like that's what God said, you primate. Your inverted snobbery is disgusting.

If you wouldn't be able to preach to a president or a beggar dressed like that, with both the same room, then shut up.

Whitened sepulchre.

You liken prophets to preachers to show the kind of shallow understanding you have.

1 Like

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Wolfbrother(m): 1:44pm On Oct 24, 2016
Tellemall:

If you didn't resort to insults you might have seemed to have a point when you actually don't.

Who made you the spokesman of God concerning "humble" tattered dressing?

Stop airing your smelly views and acting like that's what God said, you primate. Your inverted snobbery is disgusting.

If you wouldn't be able to preach to a president or a beggar dressed like that, with both the same room, then shut up.

Whitened sepulchre.

You liken prophets to preachers to show the kind of shallow understanding you have.

a. this is an insult "Stop using your standards of bad dressing as the standard for God."
b. you didn't answer any of my questions
c. Where did i say that is what God said and where did i mention tattered clothing? , when i say you have Alzheimer's, im not insulting you, i really think you do have it, you keep forgetting to answer my questions and you keep going off topic\point ..lack of concentration maybe. Hows that autism+Alzheimer's combo treating you?
d. Did God come down and tell you the universally accepted way to dress in his house?....... None of you suit advocates want to answer the question. How did the great prophets if the Bible dress? Is there a dress code on the Bible.
e. You can ask your caretaker to help you understand my questions so you can answer it you can also ask him\her to help you with better insults , those ones you dropped are weaker than Mbah Gotho's erection.
f. Why are you angry with the white man?, i can help you
g. Sometimes you dont need to think deeply about somethings, the answer is clear as day stop complicating christanity
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Wolfbrother(m): 1:47pm On Oct 24, 2016
Ritieyalu:

who ask for ur opinion, it seems ur brain cannot detect what ur eyes is seeing, that attire is what u wear on a social gathering, not in a holy place,see how u value work more than God,Chop sense dude

As a christian sister do you have a bible verse clearly stating a dress code for the church ? or are you now the voice of the Holy Spirit?
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Tellemall: 2:05pm On Oct 24, 2016
Wolfbrother:

[s]
a. this is an insult "Stop using your standards of bad dressing as the standard for God."
b. you didn't answer any of my questions
c. Where did i say that is what God said and where did i mention tattered clothing? , when i say you have Alzheimer's, im not insulting you, i really think you do have it, you keep forgetting to answer my questions and you keep going off topic\point ..lack of concentration maybe. Hows that autism+Alzheimer's combo treating you?
d. Did God come down and tell you the universally accepted way to dress in his house?....... None of you suit advocates want to answer the question. How did the great prophets if the Bible dress? Is there a dress code on the Bible.
e. You can ask your caretaker to help you understand my questions so you can answer it you can also ask him\her to help you with better insults , those ones you dropped are weaker than Mbah Gotho's erection.
f. Why are you angry with the white man?, i can help you
g. Sometimes you dont need to think deeply about somethings, the answer is clear as day stop complicating christanity[/s]

Shut up.

You threw the first barbs.

I haven't insulted you yet and I'm not going to.
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Tellemall: 2:09pm On Oct 24, 2016
Themandator:

International Version

New Living Translation
When the soldiers had crucified Jesus, they divided his clothes among the four of them. They also took his robe, but it was seamless, woven in one piece from top to bottom.

English Standard Version
When the soldiers had crucified Jesus, they took his garments and divided them into four parts, one part for each soldier; also his tunic. But the tunic was seamless, woven in one piece from top to bottom,

Berean Study Bible
When the soldiers had crucified Jesus, they divided His garments into four parts, one for each soldier, with the tunic remaining. It was seamless, woven in one piece from the top to bottom.

Berean Literal Bible
Then the soldiers, when they crucified Jesus, took His garments and made four parts, to each soldier a part, and also the tunic. Now the tunic was seamless, woven from the top all throughout.

Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took His outer garments and made four parts, a part to every soldier and also the tunic; now the tunic was seamless, woven in one piece.

King James Bible

When the soldiers crucified Jesus, they took His clothes and divided them into four parts, a part for each soldier. They also took the tunic, which was seamless, woven in one piece from the top.

When the soldiers had crucified Jesus, they took his clothes and divided them into four parts, one for each soldier, and took his cloak as well. The cloak was seamless, woven in one piece from the top down.

NET Bible
Now when the soldiers crucified Jesus, they took his clothes and made four shares, one for each soldier, and the tunic remained. (Now the tunic was seamless, woven from top to bottom as a single piece.)

New Heart English Bible
Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments and made four parts, to every soldier a part; and also the coat. Now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout.

But the soldiers, when they had crucified Yeshua, took his garments, and they made four parts, a part to each of the soldiers; but his tunic was without a seam: it was woven entirely from the top.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
When the soldiers had crucified Jesus, they took his clothes and divided them four ways so that each soldier could have a share. His robe was left over. It didn't have a seam because it had been woven in one piece from top to bottom.

The soldiers therefore, when they had crucified Jesus, took His outer garments and made four parts, a part to every soldier and also the tunic; now the tunic was seamless, woven in one piece.

Jubilee Bible 2000
Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments and made four parts (to each soldier a part); and also his coat: now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout.

King James 2000 Bible

The soldiers therefore, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments and made four parts, to every soldier a part; and also the coat: now the coat was without seam, woven from the...... .. John 19:23

Parallel Verses
New International Version
When they had crucified him, they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

New Living Translation
After they had nailed him to the cross, the soldiers gambled for his clothes by throwing dice.

English Standard Version
And when they had crucified him, they divided his garments among them by casting lots.

Berean Study Bible
When they had crucified Him, they divided up His garments by casting lots.

Berean Literal Bible
And having crucified Him, they divided His garments, casting lots.

And when they had crucified Him, they divided up His garments among themselves by casting lots.

King James Bible
And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.

After crucifying Him they divided His clothes by casting lots.

After they had crucified him, they determined who would get his clothes by throwing dice for them.

NET Bible
When they had crucified him, they divided his clothes by throwing dice.

New Heart English Bible

And when they had crucified him, they divided his garments by lots.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
After they had crucified him, they divided his clothes among themselves by throwing dice.

And when they had crucified Him, they divided up His garments among themselves, casting lots;

Jubilee Bible 2000
And they crucified him and parted his garments, casting lots, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my raiment did they cast lots.

King James 2000 Bible
And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and for my clothing did they cast lots.

And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and on my clothing did they cast lots.

And when they had crucified him, they parted his garments among them, casting lots;

Douay-Rheims Bible
And after they had crucified him, they divided his garments, casting lots; that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying: They divided my garments among them; and upon my vesture they cast lots.

Darby Bible Translation
And having crucified him, they parted his clothes amongst [themselves], casting lots.

English Revised Version
And when they had crucified him, they parted his garments among them, casting lots:

Webster's Bible Translation
And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture they cast lots.

Weymouth New Testament
After crucifying Him, they divided His garments among them by lot,

World English Bible

Young's Literal Translation
And having crucified him, they divided his garments, casting a lot, that it might be fulfilled that was spoken by the prophet, 'They divided my garments to themselves, and over my vesture they cast a lot;'
Commentary
Matthew Henry Commentary
27:35-44 It was usual to put shame upon malefactors, by a writing to notify the crime for which they suffered. So they set up one over Christ's head. This they designed for his reproach, but God so overruled it, that even his accusation was to his honour. There were crucified with him at the same time, two robbers. He was, at his death, numbered among the transgressors, that we, at our death, might be numbered among the saints. The taunts and....... Matt 27 v 35

Don't bother with that one.

It has made itself God 's spokesman, the interpreter of Christian humility by dressing in an unbefitting manner.
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Wolfbrother(m): 2:11pm On Oct 24, 2016
Tellemall:

Shut up.

You threw the first barbs.

I haven't insulted you yet and I'm not going to.

OK i accept. Back to the discussion clean slate and ill ask nicely.

Is there a defined church dress code somewhere that i don't know about in the bible?
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Wolfbrother(m): 2:12pm On Oct 24, 2016
Tellemall:

Don't bother with that one.

It has made itself God 's spokesman, the interpreter of Christian humility by dressing in an unbefitting manner.

Unbefitting for who? and by who's standards? ...just answer this simple question and let me clarify again because you are constantly missing the point its not about humility, its about come as you are in what you are comfortable with ..or are you just purposely ignoring this to fuel your own argument

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Avoid These Sexual Pleasures In 2019 / Social Distancing In Akwa Ibom Church (Photo) / 'Jesus' Image' Appears Above Colombian City Where 17 People Died Of Landslide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.