Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Should A Person Who Has Killed Before And Now Repented Be Let To Live? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Should A Person Who Has Killed Before And Now Repented Be Let To Live? (11467 Views)

Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer / Fake Soldier Who Has Killed Many In Imota, Lagos, Caught & Paraded This Morning / Man Who Has Killed Policemen And Soldiers In Ikorodu Killed (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Person Who Has Killed Before And Now Repented Be Let To Live? by nowpresence(f): 5:58pm On Oct 23, 2016
It depends.
If you are caught and found guilty face the music.
But if not forgive yourself and move on with your life.

1 Like

Re: Should A Person Who Has Killed Before And Now Repented Be Let To Live? by BIGGMAMA: 6:02pm On Oct 23, 2016
[/b][quote author=lielbree post=50448232]
In law there is something called mes rea, a guilty mind. The intent to commit a crime but be there before conviction can occur.
[b]Ibinabo never intended to kill anyone.
She was not even on alcohol or any other substance. It's on the court record.

Dangote trucks kill people almost on a weekly basis, we here nothing about these cases because the drivers are not celebrities.
Dangote plc should be fined heavily for these deaths so that they can carry out due diligence when hiring drivers and ensure their trucks are road worthy at all times.[/quotel]

But she did kill. I am not judging, but curious how the the case has dragged on for so long..

1 Like

Re: Should A Person Who Has Killed Before And Now Repented Be Let To Live? by mengho(m): 6:16pm On Oct 23, 2016
Don't exactly care, but if he killed some1 very dear to me, it doesn't matter wether he repents to d extent of becoming a pope, I will make sure I kill him personally in d most painful way devilishly possible

2 Likes

Re: Should A Person Who Has Killed Before And Now Repented Be Let To Live? by cupidhero(m): 6:25pm On Oct 23, 2016
If the deceased was my relative or close friend best believe i will kill the person the same way he or she killed my friend or family member. The only thing capable of saving you would be me finding out you are now a father or a mom. If you are single then i'm.....

1 Like

Re: Should A Person Who Has Killed Before And Now Repented Be Let To Live? by mpowa(m): 6:27pm On Oct 23, 2016
Yes, In church. But if an evidence is found against him at the court, even if na 20yrs ago he do am, Na Jail o!

Therefore it's easier for witches/wizards or people with spiritual powers who repented to be left of the hook, because no physical evidence against them, but If any evidence can be found to prosecute a person, it doesn't matter if he repent a thousand times.

1 Like

Re: Should A Person Who Has Killed Before And Now Repented Be Let To Live? by bezimo(m): 6:35pm On Oct 23, 2016
The scriptures is clear whatsoever a man soweth that shall he reap.

God forgive the sin but not the consequence.

Paul the Apostle of God organised the stoning to death of Stephen and the beheading of the early Saints he could lay his hands on.

Paul reaped the conséquences even after his conversion.He was stoned to almost the point of death and dragged out of the city, When he was through with his course, he was beheaded.

God CANNOT be mocked.
A murderer who has repented must fall by the sword or gun depending on what he sowed.

1 Like

Re: Should A Person Who Has Killed Before And Now Repented Be Let To Live? by egike(m): 7:07pm On Oct 23, 2016
someone who has kill before,though repented is free from spiritual condemnation by God. but the physical condemnation might still come. if the person is truly repented,the fear of physical repercussion here on earth shouldn't stop him from genuinely turning himself up to the law enforcement agent for prosecution.
repentance from past evil deeds to cleave to God is to escape God's judgement not a means to escape physical retributions of past evil deeds.
same God will give grace and strength for the person to go through the pains that will come.

grace that is greater than all sins God will give.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Person Who Has Killed Before And Now Repented Be Let To Live? by discusant: 7:11pm On Oct 23, 2016
Capital NO!!!!

1 Like

Re: Should A Person Who Has Killed Before And Now Repented Be Let To Live? by Aremu01(m): 7:18pm On Oct 23, 2016
Who am I to decide if a man has the right to live or not?

1 Like

Re: Should A Person Who Has Killed Before And Now Repented Be Let To Live? by AreaFada2: 7:20pm On Oct 23, 2016
QuietHammer:
To those saying rubbish about judgment belonging to God and for us to judge not, why then do we have courts of law? Let's us shut them down then. Abi?

Lol.

I guess it depends. If manslaughter that was not calculated and planned, but happened suddenly by accident, then remorse & circumstance should be considered. Up to 10 years in jail should do.

If you deliberately shot or stabbed or poisoned or otherwise planned & killed someone, your repentance should be between you & God or whatever higher power you believe in. Legal process must take its full course. QED.

1 Like

Re: Should A Person Who Has Killed Before And Now Repented Be Let To Live? by foremost55(m): 7:38pm On Oct 23, 2016
Don't Judge anybody! It a Matter of Changesshocked

1 Like

Re: Should A Person Who Has Killed Before And Now Repented Be Let To Live? by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:38pm On Oct 23, 2016
We should stop mixing religion with crime. This is one of the reason immoralities is still growing among we Christians. A matured person knows that murder is a sin and a crime.

Some of these murderers are church goers and most times born again Christians in their respective church but still go ahead to commit crime in other to satisfy their wants and when they've gotten what they want they'll claim to have repented.

Please those kinda people shouldn't be spared

1 Like

Re: Should A Person Who Has Killed Before And Now Repented Be Let To Live? by Rick9(m): 7:40pm On Oct 23, 2016
There must always be retribution. Those who kill by the sword, die by the sword one way or the other.

But @ topic I no know jor

1 Like

Re: Should A Person Who Has Killed Before And Now Repented Be Let To Live? by Octaves(m): 7:48pm On Oct 23, 2016
even people on death row repent before being executed. it doesn't change anything. your repentance is between you and God. Justice must take its course

1 Like

Re: Should A Person Who Has Killed Before And Now Repented Be Let To Live? by Charly68: 8:05pm On Oct 23, 2016
If the law does not catch up with him & God decides to forgive him who is man to judge him? Apostle Paul was among those that killed Stephen & God let him live. The truth of the matter is that killers don't easily forgive themselves,they live under perpetual condemnation of guilt . That is why many murders are into smoking & drinking to suppress their conscience to no avail.
Re: Should A Person Who Has Killed Before And Now Repented Be Let To Live? by shabakm: 8:24pm On Oct 23, 2016
please run away from such people may God protect us
Re: Should A Person Who Has Killed Before And Now Repented Be Let To Live? by stancod(m): 8:35pm On Oct 23, 2016
TroubleMaker47:
No. Leave by the sword die by the sword! Even Jesus said it. Don't ask me where! angry
bros nah were Jesus talk am 4 bible
Re: Should A Person Who Has Killed Before And Now Repented Be Let To Live? by smileyoo: 9:17pm On Oct 23, 2016
justice demands equity.
Re: Should A Person Who Has Killed Before And Now Repented Be Let To Live? by airlord2020: 9:17am On Oct 24, 2016
If it is murder, he should be kept in prison for a long time because he can repent now and still kill again. undecided
Re: Should A Person Who Has Killed Before And Now Repented Be Let To Live? by Finnestgreat: 4:21pm On Dec 30, 2019
Kill and be killed.He who lives by the sword would die by the sword.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kidnapped Baby Of Slain Broadcaster Released / EFCC Arraigns Ngozi Olejeme, Former NSITF Chairman for Over ₦1Billion Fraud / Police Arrest Fake Recruitment Syndicate In Edo (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.