Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

The Wise Sayings Of Luwabi, The Father Of Yoruba Sages - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Wise Sayings Of Luwabi, The Father Of Yoruba Sages (1010 Views)

Parallel Sayings In The Bible And Islam / The Wise Saying Of Luwabi: For Olaolutreasure To See And Be Wise / The Wise Sayings Of Luwabi: A Moral Man Of The Yoruba Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Wise Sayings Of Luwabi, The Father Of Yoruba Sages by otemanuduno: 4:41pm On Oct 23, 2016
LUWABI 1: 1-60
CHAPTER ONE

1. Iweya was a son of God in the land of Murmoh. Now Iweya made few homos in the land of Murmoh and taught them wild dances. For he knew the form of dances which could cure sicknesses.
2. Now Iweya was worshipped by the people of his land every day and night. And the homo of that land had much wisdom, because their god did always teach them face to face.
3. Now a time came when some gods in other lands began to war against Iweya over a space of land. And the god called Imori came after them, with his homos.
4. And the battle between Iweya and Imori was great.
5. Now after many years, Imori conquered the land of Iweya and took it. And when Iweya could not subdue Imori, he left the earth and did not return. And the homos of Iweya, whose kingdom was large before were subdued.
6. Now another god came against Imori and conquered it. And the name of the god was Obasi.
7. Now the kingdom of Obasi remained for many years until another god came after it and subdued it. And the homos of Obasi were forced to make their new abode in a farther place.
8. Now in those days, the ephod was made common to many for protection. And by cowries did they buy and sell. And the power of cowries were so great. And some grinded but cowries and shells into powder and poured it in the bowls to make magic from them.
9. And some divined from the mixture.
10. Now in the matter of proverbs, the land of Murmoh became rich. For they had many proverbs which they had kept from mouth to mouth. And they were very rich in proverbs such that many lands also came to learn from them.
11. And from Hindu came many to learn proverbs. And Faulkin also had acquired much proverbs from the land of Murmoh, even to the kingdoms in the area around Niger.
12. And Solmani also had come to Odua and the land of Chuku to learn much wise words from one whom they named Ifa and another whom they named Ofo, the nephilims who knew both the urims and the thummims. And from Luabi also did he learn many words of morality.
13. Now the kingdoms in the land of Murmoh did much work on fables which taught them morals, rather than making of weapons, because the wars of their lands were not many.
14. And in no place on the earth was found those who upheld morals like they of Murmoh.
15. Now also, in the lands of Odua, which was the land of Olorun, one named Luabi arose and taught the people great morals.
16. And he said, keep your virginity, for it is your dignity. And if you lose it before you are ripe, then shall your dignity be made imperfect.
17. Love the strangers and make friends with them. So shall your lands be a place of peace forever. And even nature shall respect your land and shall not destroy it.
18. Take the whip and beat your children when they err. But if you do not train them with whip, they shall beat you with whip themselves when they are old.
19. Respect the kings, for they are equal in power to the gods.
20. Do not despise the Ige, Dada, Ajayi and Ejire because they are the manifestations of the power of Olorun Olodumare.
21. Wisdom cannot be exhausted on earth that we have to go to Olorun to find it. For all
wisdom needed in the earth are already given to us.
22. Do not talk when you are eating, or else the spicy pepper shall get into your head and by so doing, you may die.
23. Wash your hands before you eat, for it matters so much. Or else you will pollute your ifun with dirtiness.
24. Take atare when you need to take it to cure your sicknesses, because Olodumare our god shall not send anjonu to you to heal your sicknesses.
25. Herbs are good for curing of sicknesses if you know the names they are called.
26. Those who exchange their gods for the gods of other lands are not wise. And those who impose their gods on others are not wise also.
27. Therefore, do not impose your gods on the homos of other lands and do not take their gods as your own gods. For their gods cannot understand your problems more than your own gods.
28. Listen to songs and dance always, for some diseases can be cured by both music and dances.
29. Do much exercise, for they have much profit in them.
30. Love yourself and love others. Do not love others and hate yourself; do not hate others and love yourself.
31. Honey, salt, water and atare are very good. Take them for your health.
32. Iboji of Iku is for the dead. Both young and old will die one day and continue to live in the Iboji. But when you die, do not go with strange gods who can lure you away.
33. But go with Iku, the god of death of your land. Do not eat Okun and do not eat Ekolo. Eat only what they eat in the Iboji.
34. Laugh always, for laughing is better than frowning all the time. For laughter and hope is the sustenance of the homos born into a bad kingdom.
35. When you cut a tree, it is only the wise ones who knows where it will fall.
36. He who shakes the kukute tree shakes himself. Therefore, make yourself unmovable like the kukute tree.
37. All fingers are not equal. So be content with what you have.
38. Go to Oya river and to Oba river. Enjoy the coolness of their breezes and be happy. For sadness does not heal you internally, but happiness can do so.
39. With wise words, the hearts of the homos shall submit. And in the abundance of wise words shall a homo rule over another.
40. Imo and Imole is the same. Imole is the Imo of God.
41. Do not die for your gods; let your gods die for you.
42. The gangan drum and the bara drum produce sounds which can heal the soul of a homo. When you hear there sound to sleep, you shall dream good dreams and get natural cure.
43. It is only a child who knows how to wash his hands properly that will eat with the elders.
44. Morality is natural, immorality is a habit developed.
45. But if you develop morality because you were first immoral, then it means you are coming back to your natural self.
46. If you say that Sango did not hang himself, you are a liar. But if you say that Sango dies for the sin of the world, you have spoken half-truth, because Sango, the son of the gods died by hanging indeed. And his worshippers said he is not dead, but he rose after three days like Gbonka, the son of a god also, who rose up from the dead three days after.
47. Do not argue with the worshippers of Sango. If they say that Sango did not hang himself, then let them believe it, because they claim to experience his powers and miracles daily.
48. Every land has its own gods of iron and thunders. Only a fool will leave his own gods to worship other gods. But the wise will rather be a god upon the fools rather than worshipping the gods who are dead.
49. If you are an Olukotan, you shall never die forever upon the earth, but if you are an olukatan, you can never live forever upon the earth.
50. Itan kantankantan will become itan ti a kin ka tan to the homos of the future.
51. Keep wisdom in your left hand, so that you won’t eat with it and lose it.
52. You don’t send your own children on errands to return in the midnight.
53. You don’t chase your own child away for the tigers to eat.
54. Think before you act, so that you don’t end up putting a finger of regret in your mouth.
55. Even when we fight one another, it should not be a fight to death. So wish no one death to prove that you are powerful.
56. Sweetness is the end product of a bitterleaf. Enjoyment is the end product of death.
57. It is better to die on one’s bed than to die in the farm and be eaten up by the birds of prey.
58. One who seeks for eyin in the rock shall not look at the mouth of the axe.
59. The righteous people shall gain the whole world. It is a matter of time, the righteous shall be distinguished from the hypocrites.
60. If you adhere to the things I teach. You are the children of Luwabi, the god of proverbs.

2 Likes

Re: The Wise Sayings Of Luwabi, The Father Of Yoruba Sages by Inkman(m): 5:10pm On Oct 23, 2016
This is awesome.. Encompassing all speheres of life.. Yoruba has a very rich culture indeed.. Bro Seun , you seen this?

1 Like

Re: The Wise Sayings Of Luwabi, The Father Of Yoruba Sages by Alhajipablo(m): 8:31am On Oct 28, 2016
Lol,lol and lol once again
Is the doctrine of the UFOs being revealed to you in English or what language is it being revealed?
Re: The Wise Sayings Of Luwabi, The Father Of Yoruba Sages by otemanuduno: 1:40pm On Oct 28, 2016
Alhajipablo:
Lol,lol and lol once again
Is the doctrine of the UFOs being revealed to you in English or what language is it being revealed?
In several languages... I have to learn those languages to translate them. Most of them is given through a language called Seriot, used millions of years back by the Neanderthals. I have learnt the Seriot to a reasonable length now and I'll be revealing it when the time comes.

I ALREADY HAVE THE SECRET TO WHERE GENUINE SPEAKING IN TONGUES COME FROM.
Re: The Wise Sayings Of Luwabi, The Father Of Yoruba Sages by Alhajipablo(m): 2:49pm On Oct 28, 2016
otemanuduno:
In several languages... I have to learn those languages to translate them. Most of them is given through a language called Seriot, used millions of years back by the Neanderthals. I have learnt the Seriot to a reasonable length now and I'll be revealing it when the time comes.

I ALREADY HAVE THE SECRET TO WHERE GENUINE SPEAKING IN TONGUES COME FROM.
This is getting interesting.How do you learn those languages u mentioned and how were you able to understand the messages since you have no knowledge of d languages used before or did u start learning the languages before the revelations started coming?
Re: The Wise Sayings Of Luwabi, The Father Of Yoruba Sages by otemanuduno: 3:00pm On Oct 28, 2016
Alhajipablo:
This is getting interesting.How do you learn those languages u mentioned and how were you able to understand the messages since you have no knowledge of d languages used before or did u start learning the languages before the revelations started coming?
Everything happen within the realm of meditation(through trances). One might wonder how the computer codes are being generated such that they are being used for programming. They are all products of critical use of the brain. Speaking in tongue also comes from the critical stressing of the brain to get something out of it. In my trance state, I see texts and I get the interpretations, same way I get interpretations to my dreams right within my dreams.
Re: The Wise Sayings Of Luwabi, The Father Of Yoruba Sages by Alhajipablo(m): 3:06pm On Oct 28, 2016
otemanuduno:
Everything happen within the realm of meditation(through trances). One might wonder how the computer codes are being generated such that they are being used for programming. They are all products of critical use of the brain. Speaking in tongue also comes from the critical stressing of the brain to get something out of it. In my trance state, I see texts and I get the interpretations, same way I get interpretations to my dreams right within my dreams.
What is the meaning of UFOS in the doctrine of the UFOS U preach?
What do you think Islam is,I guess the UFOS master would have revealed what it is to you

(1) (Reply)

Atheists I Need Your Answers....... / Warning To Mr Johnson Suleiman. / A miraculous tree that write the name of God itself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.