Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,107 members, 7,807,335 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

The Soldiers Wife - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / The Soldiers Wife (427 Views)

The Soldiers Who Fought For Us (A Tribute To Our Soldiers Who Died Fighting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Soldiers Wife by Morelaa: 6:29pm On Oct 23, 2016
up then down, heavy are u, your head, an iron crown, your shoulders bearers of pain, your feet,weary and sour my Prince among slaves. therein in the showers and in the burnt sun, for the Price of honour.

You let me behind, in pain . awaiting your nock on my door. and my locket chain in your wary hands. oh lover of mine, u let me for honour, you want me to know u has my hero. if u return not to me thou art a coward.

After forth I do not want to see, them in uniform and you on a wooden box, on my door steps, for u call your self a hero. but to me, you are more of a coward my dear beloveth.

Why don't you face me, SOLDIER! why don't u bring back my locket chain your self? nor bide me farewell your self then I will chant your name among men and chant in the streets, and call you a hero, my hero.

Oh dear soldier, don't honour me, by sending my locket chain, for it is cowardice. I want to see ur muddy face and your wrinkled sour hands hading, me my locket chain. then I will know u are my soldier and my hero.....
*********pls read write your critics******plssss

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

I Once Loved A Maid!! / Hypocrene / Caught In The Middle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.