Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,366 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? (55100 Views)

Married Men, Come And See. Photo!!! / Husband Helps Girlfriend Escape As Wife Unexpectedly Came Back Home / Lady Who Met Man On Facebook Visits Him, Refuses To Go Back Home. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by scachy(m): 10:29pm On Oct 23, 2016
alterswerve:
Why are Nigerian women exited when someone who has travelled abroad or lives abroad wants their hand in marriage.. or rather.. child bearing..?
Good question.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by ahamonyeka(m): 10:30pm On Oct 23, 2016
So,the ones over are coming back home to marry while the ones are dying to go there and marry white woman just because of money or suffer.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Talk2Bella(f): 10:32pm On Oct 23, 2016
KissChris:
Talk2Bella and Fp these days......

Abeg dash Me that meme

Lemmme grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 23, 2016
Whatever you do stay away from Ghana girls,dont save her.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by pocohantas(f): 10:32pm On Oct 23, 2016
DeeTus:
Damn! Dude, you are still looking for an evidence? Which school did you study in Nigeria?
College of education. grin
Very funny question,everyone knows this is a fact. I wonder which rock he lives under undecided

OP, they believe homebased chicks would find it easier to SUBMIT. That's all, nothing else.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by SmartMugu: 10:33pm On Oct 23, 2016
@OP, when you eventually live overseas for a moment, you will be able to answer your questions yourself. For now, assume people have different reasons, same way some men in Nigeria would prefer a female based overseas to their local counterparts.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by ttmacoy: 10:33pm On Oct 23, 2016
if we are honest many many Nigerian men leave their wives and go with others, only difference is they don't officially divorce. I know a man who is on his 6th wife and never divorced any of the earlier ones and has kids with all of them. But you would count him statistically as not divorced isn't it?

Cutehector:
lol the divorce rate in the west is currently pegged at 52percent, so yes I can say they have seen into the future.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by ngmgeek(m): 10:35pm On Oct 23, 2016
Talk2Bella:

Bullsh****t

You asked a question and got an answer, so stop using that word ok.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by ochuciano(m): 10:35pm On Oct 23, 2016
The women abroad should come home too and pick virgin guys as the men do too.

It should be easy for them cuz they have equal rights values already instil in them. Some nigeria guys will gladly accept their proposal.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by theripper3: 10:36pm On Oct 23, 2016
Wetin typical Naija man wan usr all these abroad girls do?

The Latinos chicks can talk you to death, body to die for but no brains with half his brothers in one gang or the other.

The black American chicks are just good for nothing but straffing , dem no even get plan for their own life sef , na make dem dey chop man money onto child support .

White woman fit wake up kill you cuz she dey depressed.

Naija girls dem born there na still same with akata chicks too since na same environment dem grow.

Our naija babes get crase too but dem dey try for marriage matter based on teachings, experiences from motherland and even upbringing so they are least try make their marriages work

The other categories na just waste of time except you wan die young as a man sha. Goodluck

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Talk2Bella(f): 10:39pm On Oct 23, 2016
ngmgeek:

You asked a question and got an answer, so stop using that word ok.

OK smiley

It's a banter between friends tho grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by kinibigdeal(m): 10:42pm On Oct 23, 2016
Let me ask Lucasbalo

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by misscall247: 10:42pm On Oct 23, 2016
Talk2Bella:

what were his reasons?
because white pus.y and black pus.y have different taste/size.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by redcliff: 10:48pm On Oct 23, 2016
Talk2Bella:
This is something I’d like to understand, are there no good Nigerian women abroad? Most Nigerian men always want to come home to marry, sometimes virgins, they tell their parents to get them wives.

They say most women abroad are just good for citizenship papers, work permit, where to stay, do they even realize they hurt these women in the process? Using them like that and running back home to get married.

THUNDER FIRE THEM{THE ONE’S WHO USE WOMEN}

I see our men, asking for Nigerian wives, having fiancée back abroad; they come home to do secret weddings, impregnate their wives here and run back to their abroad lovers, what the hell is wrong with this generation?

We need to stop this form of fraud, and slavery, people aren’t toys to be used and discarded, and the funny thing is we don’t do it to white women alone, we do it to our own African sisters, we say once they get there they change, they don’t want to come back home, they report to the police when we hit them, they lie to get the house and child support, so we want someone who would listen to us and obey our every word and then they rush back home to marry one innocent girl they want to frustrate.

I am not against genuine men who want to come home to marry MBANU, I love LOVE, but when I see a man who thinks my African sisters are baby making machines, who they want to come home and impregnate every time, who they want to use as a tool to carry on their linage then I get angry, I get angry because they see us as a commodity, I get angry because they see us as a means to an end, I get angry because love isn’t an equator in this arrangement.

I wouldn’t blame all the men either, our women have become cheap cormorants over the years, searching the air like birds, sniffing a whiff of an abroad returnee who they want to perch on, leech on, suck and bleed dry, our women have seen these NDIOYIBOS as a means to an end, all they want to do is sit down at home, he opens up a business for them, and when he comes back they open their legs like a compass and be dutiful, the womb is ready to be filled for the next nine months.

We have become sardines, cornered into a space, waiting for the biggest to be picked, and then we jeer our peers, tell them oga de for obodo oyibo, sometimes we don’t care what our abroad husbands does for a living, we just want to sit back home, enjoy his money and sometimes Bleep the ones we love while he’s away.

There are good women abroad, and this habit I am sorry to say is common among the Igbo people of Nigeria, they go abroad and hustle and want to invest back home, i have no problem with this, but who will now marry that girl you have been deceiving there? Who will heal the heart of that white woman you have been deceiving.

These white women sef, you have used your heads to carry wahala, you agreed for an arrangee wedding and then you go fall in love, how low has your esteem fallen? Why do you want to make our African men worth nothing, you have frustrated them to the extent they see you as a thing to be used and discarded, when and how did you become scums that a black man will ride and plough you until he gets tired, haba na, oyibo pepper ogini, give our men peace so they can value you, not every small thing you will call police for them and everything he has saved all his life will be yours, please I am begging this needs to stop, don’t be the tool that will be used to unscrew the nut holding you heart.

Umu woke anyi, biko, gbaraa these white women, they have suffered, pity our African sisters, they have suffered to, anywhere you see love please settle down, love doesn’t come with a manual, it doesn’t base its foundation on ethnicity, religion, color or country, its pure like water and flows effortlessly like a calm stream, don’t in your search for something better end up with a viper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=937So_VluXQ

Isabella Ibeji

http://www.talk2bella.com/2016/10/why-do-nigerian-men-come-back-home-to.html
Madame. I should tell you that if you have never travelled out of the country to live for a while. You are in no position to comment or make a writeup about this because your post just reeks so much of ignorance...

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by khiaa(f): 10:52pm On Oct 23, 2016
bettercreature:
95% of Nigerian ladies abroad both hard working ones and lazy ones love SEX far more than water
Especially if you own an apartment,they would be begging you to have sex with them

Why would they care if you have your own apartment, wouldn't they have their own?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by bitchcrafts: 10:52pm On Oct 23, 2016
Nma27:
And your point
I want big families and women oversees won't allow u such save a few , many kids too. You get?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by redcliff: 10:52pm On Oct 23, 2016
Talk2Bella:

How do their attitudes stink? undecided you don't know them, they don't know you? Do you know how Nigerian men treat them over there? Do you know some of those men actually use them to satisfy their greed and come home to tell bad stories about them, don't assume and generalise we have to look at it from both angles

You sound too ignorant madame

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Malakh: 10:52pm On Oct 23, 2016
Bella you dont live in the States,I've been in the States for over a decade I will never marry anything American or anyone trying to be American
ItsQuinn:
Bella I'm speaking from experience so i know what I'm talking about undecided.....Ive met a lot of Nigerian girls over there and their attitude stink like rotten fish, thats why i would rather hangout with white girls than black girls undecided

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Bollinger(m): 10:52pm On Oct 23, 2016
SerRento:
The dating and family culture in the western world is quite antithetical to ours here in Nigeria. The man is/was the unmistakable head of the relationship and household. Over there, they do "equality tinz", which doesn't sit well with the average African man. Hence, why our brothers think coming back to familiar terrain to pick a wife is ideal.

Alas, our Nigerian girls have become more scandalous than the Kardashians, foolishly copying but, unfortunately, not understanding how to handle these freedoms the west promises and presents.

You might laugh at these Nigerian men coming back home to marry, but know this, even oyibo men are increasingly refusing to marry oyibo women. You don't have to believe me, Google is your friend. Google "mgtow", that should lead you to interesting discoveries.

If I was those guys, I frankly don't know what I would do, I'd maybe move back to Nigeria and marry here. I cannot live in obodo oyibo, before one woman will divorce me and kick me out of my house and I will still be paying the mortgage. Tufiakwa. I reject evil in my life.

Thank you.

You are funny. You think if the societal structure in Nigeria was normal the divorce rate wouldn't be ten times higher than what exists in America? No one wants to be treated like slaves and Nigerian women are basically treated as such. The reason they are afraid to leave their husbands in Nigeria is because of the economic and legal realities that exist in the country. Both factors do not favor them. They know how difficult it would be to survive without the surpport of their husband especially when kids are involved. To make matters worse, the legal system does not favor them. A man can wake up one morning and chase his wife out of their matrimonial home and bring in someone else that same day and nothing will happen. Come and try that shiit over here. The reason the divorce rate in Nigeria is so low is because of fear on the part of women. It is that simple.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Talk2Bella(f): 10:57pm On Oct 23, 2016
Bollinger:

You are funny. You think if the societal structure in Nigeria was normal the divorce rate wouldn't be ten times higher than what exists in America? No one wants to be treated like slaves and Nigerian woman are basically treated as such. The reason they are afraid to leave their husbands in Nigeria is because of the economic and legal realities that exist in the country. Both factors do not favor them. They know how difficult it would be to survive without the surpport of their husband especially when kids are involved. To make matters worse, the legal system does not favor them. A man can wake up one morning and chase his wife out of their matrimonial home and bring in someone else that same day and nothing will happen. Come and try that shiit over here. The reason the divorce rate in Nigeria is so low is because of fear on the part of women. It is that simple.

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 23, 2016
Talk2Bella:

I still maintain its a load of horseshi***t
shut up
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Talk2Bella(f): 10:57pm On Oct 23, 2016
redcliff:

Thanks
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Talk2Bella(f): 10:58pm On Oct 23, 2016
NgcoboP:

shut up

Is that even possible grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by OMAR12: 10:58pm On Oct 23, 2016
I think you left out the part that most of these white ladies also reject the proposal of these same men that they get married to. the proposal to follow them back to Africa and start a life together. I have series of friends with uncles and relation aboard with white wives who completely reject the idea of coming back to Africa cos the thick Africa is backward and maleria and all those stuff.

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 23, 2016
Malakh:
Bella you dont live in the States,I've been in the States for over a decade I will never marry anything American or anyone trying to be American
American females have forgotten how to be women .... not worth marrying
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 23, 2016
Talk2Bella:

Is that even possible grin
definitely not worth marrying
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 23, 2016
redcliff:

she's an extremely ignorant tw.at

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Talk2Bella(f): 11:01pm On Oct 23, 2016
NgcoboP:

definitely not worth marrying

According to undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Talk2Bella(f): 11:02pm On Oct 23, 2016
NgcoboP:

she's an extremely ignorant Arrow

Arrows when shot have direction, do you?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 23, 2016
Bollinger:

You are funny. You think if the societal structure in Nigeria was normal the divorce rate wouldn't be ten times higher than what exists in America? No one wants to be treated like slaves and Nigerian woman are basically treated as such. The reason they are afraid to leave their husbands in Nigeria is because of the economic and legal realities that exist in the country. They know how difficult it would be to survive without the surpport of their husband especially when kids are involved. To make matters worse, the legal system does not favor them. A man can wake up one morning and chase his wife out of their matrimonial home and bring in someone else that same day and nothing will happen. Come and try that shiit over here. The reason the divorce rate in Nigeria is so low is because of fear on the part of women. It is that simple.

But you refuse to mention the problems with the American marriage laws. What do you have to say about no-fault divorce and that campaigns are underway to abolish the policy? In the US, a woman can we up one morning and decide shes no longer happy with her husband and divorce him, and what's worse, he still gets to pay her monthly stipends and rent or mortage, whichever case applies. And the beauty of this is that this violation is sanctioned by government. What a civilised way of handling marital issues. The day a woman will try that rubbish here, her family will receive her corpse piece by piece.

By the way, speak for those women you know who are treated like slaves. Not everyone shares your sordid history.

You, sir, are definitely funnier than I am.

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by khiaa(f): 11:06pm On Oct 23, 2016
ochuciano:
The women abroad should come home too and pick virgin guys as the men do too.

It should be easy for them cuz they have equal rights values already instil in them. Some nigeria guys will gladly accept their proposal.
lol How would she know if he is a virgin or not?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Missolivea: 11:07pm On Oct 23, 2016
Does it mean that all of you guys supporting this attitude will do the same thing if in their shoes and you don't mind hurting the feelings of that Nigerian lady who will live a marriage of your perpetual and constant absenteeism. And that oyinbo chick you tie down for years deceiving and manipulating her. Is it fair?

Look at this and give your opinion. Its the same scenario here
https://www.nairaland.com/3424710/nigerian-man-based-abroad-oyinbo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Man Carries His Fiancee On His Shoulder Inside Swimming Pool In Pre-wedding Pics / Guy Sends N50 To A Girl That Asked Him For Money / Nigerian Lady Dated Her Husband For 8 Years Without Sex (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.