Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,130 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 (25154 Views)

Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 2) On 22nd January 2020 / Chelsea Vs Arsenal: Europa Cup Final (4 - 1) On 29th May 2019 / Sunderland Vs Arsenal (1 - 4) On 29th October 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 by rhektor(m): 5:08am On Oct 30, 2016
emperorchedda:
HAHAHAHAHA abeg make man utd go sidon for bush, i'll even prefer to support Arsenal than a club always assisted by controversial decisions like Utd

Next time open your brain and know when a neutral speaks before you comment garbage again

History doesn't lie, deep down the hearts of Arsenal fans and even Wenger they know their place lies in 4th regardless of how long they topped the log

Initial gragra is just your tradition

Who told you that Arsenal is your problem? Just get a life dude

Re: Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 by emperorchedda(m): 5:11am On Oct 30, 2016
rhektor:

Who told you that Arsenal is your problem? Just get a life dude
Huh?

This one is blind o. So anyone that says the truth is a Utd fan? Lol

I hope Arsenal tops Utd this season that will make mourinho 5th and no champions league, and you know where that will keep arsenal, your base - FOURTH lol
Re: Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 by rhektor(m): 5:17am On Oct 30, 2016
emperorchedda:
Huh?

This one is blind o. So anyone that says the truth is a Utd fan? Lol

I hope Arsenal tops Utd this season that will make mourinho 5th and no champions league, and you know where that will keep arsenal, your base - FOURTH lol

This is United thread why mention Arsenal here?
Fear factor
Re: Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 by emperorchedda(m): 5:33am On Oct 30, 2016
rhektor:

This is United thread why mention Arsenal here?
Fear factor
Dude I saw someone ranting about how Arsenal will be the best this season so I woke him up from his slumber
Re: Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 by rhektor(m): 5:38am On Oct 30, 2016
emperorchedda:
Dude I saw someone ranting about how Arsenal will be the best this season so I woke him up from his slumber

Issokai kontinue the hatred just stop mentioning me that's it

Re: Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 by Elcapo(m): 5:49am On Oct 30, 2016
hernandson:
y blame mourinho,man u had 49 shot, ibra couldnt convert 1
Maybe if they could continue d pressure on and on there could have been a goal but then he made a stupid tactical substitution that reduced the game tempo....
Why would u sub mata for fellaini when you needed chances to be created and goals to be scored, i mean who does that?!l
Re: Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 by hernandson(m): 6:05am On Oct 30, 2016
Elcapo:

Maybe if they could continue d pressure on and on there could have been a goal but then he made a stupid tactical substitution that reduced the game tempo....
Why would u sub mata for fellaini when you needed chances to be created and goals to be scored, i mean who does that?!l
we had a red card,d ref was bias,he had to b defensive.though i wud av preferred carrick nd a winger though
Re: Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 by Elcapo(m): 6:30am On Oct 30, 2016
hernandson:
we had a red card,d ref was bias,he had to b defensive.though i wud av preferred carrick nd a winger though

So many managers would rather bring on an attacking midfield player just like u've said Carrick, even Rooney could play in midfield... I bet you would be a better manager than this stupid cünt.
How i wished they'd given giggsy the job instead this one that has lost his mojo
You know this same shit happened against stoke city when man united created many chances but hardly did they convert one...

Why would he rest martial?!
Mourinho is just one stupid coach that just lost my respect for him... undecided just when i started watching man united again, they broke my heart over and over cry cry
Re: Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 by Elcapo(m): 6:35am On Oct 30, 2016
hernandson:
That was the best referee of the year mark clattenburg, what more could you have asked for?
I don't think he was bias in anyway
Man u failed miserably undecided
Re: Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 by hernandson(m): 6:44am On Oct 30, 2016
Elcapo:

That was the best referee of the year mark clattenburg, what more could you have asked for?
I don't think he was bias in anyway
Man u failed miserably undecided
talk about d penalty appeal and the red card given. because someone is d best doesnt mean they are perfect.
Re: Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 by Elcapo(m): 7:11am On Oct 30, 2016
hernandson:
talk about d penalty appeal and the red card given. because someone is d best doesnt mean they are perfect.
That man referred the
champions league finals 2016
El-classico 2016
Uefa euro finals 2016
FA cup finals 2016
And u think anybody will care about this stupid match he made one or two errors sure!
The penalties were in front of the line man he didn't bat an eye so what do expect the ref to do... but truth be told, the redcard/second yellow was bulsit i would say
Re: Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 by purplekayc(m): 8:28am On Oct 30, 2016
Burnley are no push overs,they won the championship league last time
Re: Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 by safarigirl(f): 9:19am On Oct 30, 2016
Shymm3xx:
I'm not even a Man UTD fan but this has to be the worst badly assembled expensive players in the history of football.

The pieces just don't make sense despite the fact that they have loads of promising players. They need a clear out and injection of the right pieces that would fit in and complement one another. This team looks like Sacramento Kings in the NBA...Mourinho won't win anything with these guys.

I feel sorry for the Big Mou - the last two years have been the worst in his career. Hopefully, he'll use the Jan window to make things right. Wanna see him excel.

Anyway, either Liverpool or Tottenham will most likely win the league. My Chelsea lack depth in vital areas to go all the way. Arsenal is gonna drop off to where it belongs in Jan. And Man. City is gonna fall apart soon.

Tottenham can't win the EPL....as cool as it sounds to be unbeaten, losses are actually better than draws in the long run.

They look good, but I tip Chelsea to finish the season above them, Liverpool can win on the other hand. I expect teams like Chelsea and Liverpool that have no engagements in Europe to take advantage of their spare time and top the league like Leicester and Tottenham did last season.

So yeah, I tip one of Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea or City to win the EPL. Tottenham won't

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 by safarigirl(f): 9:30am On Oct 30, 2016
Shymm3xx:

Arsenal is an accursed team. A team without a striker that can get you 20 goals a season isn't a contender. Arsenal will always be Arsenal - run to the top, then drop off later in the season.

Harry Kane isn't even playing, yet Tottie is very competitive. When he comes back, with Alli's form, they should do wonders with that young core.

I like Tottenham's chances. Ditto Liverpool - the best team in the EPL right now IMO. Man City are just an Aguero injury away from falling apart. And they just won a game in the last 5/6 games or so.

City played their best games without Aguero this season. If anything, he contributed largely to their winless run

So no, I don't think they won't survive without him in the league, KDB is a more important player...but they have Sane for him still. You forget that City is building a young team as well, but wait till January for the results.

You underestimate certain teams and give Tottenham more credit than they deserve
Re: Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 by 200dexter(m): 10:45am On Oct 30, 2016
Phonefanatic:

How old is Zlatan pls.
Zlatan is playing shit. he's too old to start every match
Re: Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 by cloud9usher: 12:34pm On Oct 30, 2016
emperorchedda:
LOL this truth really pain you

Spurs were gunning for the title last season and were above Arsenal for much of the second half of last season, they collapsed immediately Leicester city were crowned champions because there was no motivation to play again since their only aim was to be first and not to top Arsenal

Arsenal's best opportunity to finally win the league was last season because the traditional big clubs were having a crisis and only Arsenal was stable yet they managed to do what they do best - break down at the end and qualify for UCL. Arsenal fans shouldn't be proud of last season because they missed their golden opportunity.

Do you think if it was City, Utd or Chelsea that was in Arsenal's position for much of last season they won't win the league? It's really a shame man

Talk more of this season when Chelsea are having back their fear factor, City are demolishing people more often, Liverpool are scoring for fun and you think Arsenal still have a chance come May?? Lol think again, you know where you belong and when you will go to your place

You talk as if Arsenal was top of the league and collapsed at the end, did Arsenal top the league? Spurs were the team which lost the league to Leicester, Arsenal was rarely even 2nd till the last day of the league. And please quit using the lame excuse that other big teams were experiencing crises, so Arsenal didn't have its own big injury crisis to contend with? The other big teams failed and Arsenal was the best of them all last season. With your lame excuse for big teams experiencing crises then every poor man on the street would give such excuse as well why he is poor and others are rich. There are no excuses in football, you perform badly, you fail! No excuses!

You are talking about Chelsea getting back their so called fear factor yet they haven't performed better than Arsenal this season, talk about the present which is clear and shut your mouth about talking about the future which you don't know about, if you are good at predicting the future you should a billionaire by now which you are NOT!!!

You said Liverpool are scoring for fun, for heavens sake Liverpool have scored 24 goals and Arsenal has scored 23, yet you make it sound like Arsenal are not at par with Liverpool in regards scoring for fun, the same Liverpool you are talking about has a pathetic defense which concedes goals for fun as well, yet you didn't state that fact, I'm sure if it were Arsenal with such a bad defense you would have stated that fact to back up your claim that Arsenal would fail this season. Just because you wanna bad mouth another club doesn't mean you talk crap while losing objectivity.

Whatever is "paining" you now is the clear fact that Arsenal is performing better than your pathetic team and that's why Arsenal is sitting on top of the team you support on the league table, your best excuse is hoping that in the future Arsenal would collapse, forgetting your team has a better chance of collapsing than Arsenal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 by hernandson(m): 2:10pm On Oct 30, 2016
Elcapo:

That man referred the
champions league finals 2016
El-classico 2016
Uefa euro finals 2016
FA cup finals 2016
And u think anybody will care about this stupid match he made one or two errors sure!
The penalties were in front of the line man he didn't bat an eye so what do expect the ref to do... but truth be told, the redcard/second yellow was bulsit i would say
and dat all i wanted to hear.thanks

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 by hernandson(m): 2:14pm On Oct 30, 2016
Elcapo:

So many managers would rather bring on an attacking midfield player just like u've said Carrick, even Rooney could play in midfield... I bet you would be a better manager than this stupid cünt.
How i wished they'd given giggsy the job instead this one that has lost his mojo
You know this same shit happened against stoke city when man united created many chances but hardly did they convert one...

Why would he rest martial?!
Mourinho is just one stupid coach that just lost my respect for him... undecided just when i started watching man united again, they broke my heart over and over cry cry
tru talk. We hav d quality, just hw 2 use them
Re: Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 by Shymm3xx: 3:14pm On Oct 30, 2016
safarigirl:

Tottenham can't win the EPL....as cool as it sounds to be unbeaten, losses are actually better than draws in the long run.

They look good, but I tip Chelsea to finish the season above them, Liverpool can win on the other hand. I expect teams like Chelsea and Liverpool that have no engagements in Europe to take advantage of their spare time and top the league like Leicester and Tottenham did last season.

So yeah, I tip one of Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea or City to win the EPL. Tottenham won't

Well, the difference between a draw and a win is one goal. And once you put into consideration that Mr.Dependable, when it banging in goals, has been out since Sept. - yet they're still as competitive as they're, shows they've what it takes to go all the way. That's a young core, with players that complement one another. And they're also well coached. I'd wager that they might add two or three players in January (probably a decent striker) and make the push for it. Hence I'm betting on them.

Don't forget that Tottenham were in the Europa league last season, till they were eliminated by Dortmund. And they were still competitive till the last three games of the season, when they fell apart due to inexperience. A year removed from that: they're much more experienced, with new pieces. Sissoko is coming into his own. Ditto Heung-min. Then, you've Lamela and Eriksen - with Alli in his 2nd year in the EPL, after being named the best midfielder in the under-21. Coupled with the fact that they're solid at the back. Alderweireld hasn't been playing, yet they're still solid at the back.

I'm a Chelsea fan but I don't see Chelsea winning the league or finishing anywhere above Tottie. I've to be realistic. Costa is responsible for our league position cos he has been on top form since the season started and he's solely responsible for a few wins. Batshuayi has been a flop thus far, albeit Kante is a great addition. Hazard is playing well. Fab is Fab - decent going forward, but always a liability when it comes to defending. And we still have the same problems we had at the back last season, with the Ivanovic, Terry, and Cahill who're a year older and slower. Then you've the calamity David Luiz as an addition. Costa is going to be Costa soon and do some boneheaded things that will get him banned for a few games and that defence can't go a whole season playing the way it has been for a few weeks, without tiring out. Those guys are old. So, I don't see Chelsea doing anything this season albeit I like the promotion of Chalobah, Aina, and Solanke to the first team, especially Chalobah. And the jury is still out on Conte. Yes, he's the mad one...but he hasn't proven anything in EPL yet.
Re: Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 30, 2016
cloud9usher:

You talk as if Arsenal was top of the league and collapsed at the end, did Arsenal top the league? Spurs were the team which lost the league to Leicester, Arsenal was rarely even 2nd till the last day of the league. And please quit using the lame excuse that other big teams were experiencing crises, so Arsenal didn't have its own big injury crisis to contend with? The other big teams failed and Arsenal was the best of them all last season. With your lame excuse for big teams experiencing crises then every poor man on the street would give such excuse as well why he is poor and others are rich. There are no excuses in football, you perform badly, you fail! No excuses!

You are talking about Chelsea getting back their so called fear factor yet they haven't performed better than Arsenal this season, talk about the present which is clear and shut your mouth about talking about the future which you don't know about, if you are good at predicting the future you should a billionaire by now which you are NOT!!!

You said Liverpool are scoring for fun, for heavens sake Liverpool have scored 24 goals and Arsenal has scored 23, yet you make it sound like Arsenal are not at par with Liverpool in regards scoring for fun, the same Liverpool you are talking about has a pathetic defense which concedes goals for fun as well, yet you didn't state that fact, I'm sure if it were Arsenal with such a bad defense you would have stated that fact to back up your claim that Arsenal would fail this season. Just because you wanna bad mouth another club doesn't mean you talk crap while losing objectivity.

Whatever is "paining" you now is the clear fact that Arsenal is performing better than your pathetic team and that's why Arsenal is sitting on top of the team you support on the league table, your best excuse is hoping that in the future Arsenal would collapse, forgetting your team has a better chance of collapsing than Arsenal.
Actually, when you consider the level of oppositions Liverpool have played against then you would understand why people are rating their chances above Arsenal's.

They have been away to Arsenal, Chelsea, and Tottenham (A game they outclassed Tottenham) gaining 7 points from the three games. They've also been home to Leicester and Manure.

The second half of the season is expected to be favourable to Liverpool as they would be hosting most of the the top teams. All they need do is get good result against city and Everton, and not fumble against the lesser teams.

By the way, Arsenal have conceeded 10 goals, 4 of which was scored by Liverpool. That shows that Liverpool is capable of scoring goals against the meanest defence on their day.
Re: Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 by Shymm3xx: 3:27pm On Oct 30, 2016
safarigirl:

City played their best games without Aguero this season. If anything, he contributed largely to their winless run

So no, I don't think they won't survive without him in the league, KDB is a more important player...but they have Sane for him still. You forget that City is building a young team as well, but wait till January for the results.

You underestimate certain teams and give Tottenham more credit than they deserve

Regardless of what you think about Aguero, he's still the best striker in the EPL. His presence alone is a blessing to any team and tactical errors by Guardiola and philosophical innuendos are the reasons for their "winless run" - not Aguero. Coupled with the fact that he's spiteful towards Toure. This is the EPL, the most physical league on the planet and sometimes you've to grind to win. And when ya whole philosophy is dependent on flair in that type of environment - you'll always hit the low from time to time, without option B.

Sane can't get you goals like KDB. And KDB as well can also become a liability when the game gets physical and defensively, he's terrible. I like Nacho and what he brings to the table (top player), but he's still young and lack the regular playing time to make that much of an impact. Sterling will always be Sterling - great pace but inconsistent. And they defend poorly as a unit. I remember the Celtics game: I wrote them off after that game lol.

Watch out for Tottenham - that's a team to put ya money on. Ditto Liverpool. Arsenal will run out of steam soon. Man City are poor defensively. Chelsea are still carrying the plague from last season around, albeit Costa has been superb this season, ditto Hazard to an extent.
Re: Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 by safarigirl(f): 3:53pm On Oct 30, 2016
Shymm3xx:

Regardless of what you think about Aguero, he's still the best striker in the EPL. His presence alone is a blessing to any team and tactical errors by Guardiola and philosophical innuendos are the reasons for their "winless run" - not Aguero. Coupled with the fact that he's spiteful towards Toure. This is the EPL, the most physical league on the planet and sometimes you've to grind to win. And when ya whole philosophy is dependent on flair in that type of environment - you'll always hit the low from time to time, without option B.

Sane can't get you goals like KDB. And KDB as well can also become a liability when the game gets physical and defensively, he's terrible. I like Nacho and what he brings to the table (top player), but he's still young and lack the regular playing time to make that much of an impact. Sterling will always be Sterling - great pace but inconsistent. And they defend poorly as a unit. I remember the Celtics game: I wrote them off after that game lol.

Watch out for Tottenham - that's a team to put ya money on. Ditto Liverpool. Arsenal will run out of steam soon. Man City are poor defensively. Chelsea are still carrying the plague from last season around, albeit Costa has been superb this season, ditto Hazard to an extent.

Toure is old and washed up, save for a few bright moments last season, he looked a lot like Kanu at the 2010 World Cup, advocating for his return to the team is like advocating for Hart's return.

I honestly don't think he should he in a team trying to have a young core of players like Sane, Jesus, Nacho, Sterling, KDB, Stones and the likes. He's done

Chelsea may have started slow, but I think they are regaining some confidence in the league and playing quite well, I believe they'll displace Tottenham and qualify for the UCL.

By January, we'll have a clearer view of true title contenders
Re: Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 by IYANGBALI: 5:22pm On Oct 30, 2016
Funjosh:
Babangbali, IYANGBALI and notoriousbabe how market grin
sharaaaaaaaaaaaaaap tongue tongue tongue
Re: Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 by cloud9usher: 6:30pm On Oct 30, 2016
alekside:
Actually, when you consider the level of oppositions Liverpool have played against then you would understand why people are rating their chances above Arsenal's.

They have been away to Arsenal, Chelsea, and Tottenham (A game they outclassed Tottenham) gaining 7 points from the three games. They've also been home to Leicester and Manure.

The second half of the season is expected to be favourable to Liverpool as they would be hosting most of the the top teams. All they need do is get good result against city and Everton, and not fumble against the lesser teams.

By the way, Arsenal have conceeded 10 goals, 4 of which was scored by Liverpool. That shows that Liverpool is capable of scoring goals against the meanest defence on their day.

Arsenal had not bought Mustafi when Liverpool scored those 4 goals, that match had Arsenal playing the kids like Rob Holding as a defender. Liverpool are good at scoring, yes, but that's not good enough, Arsenal and Man City are at par with Liverpool in terms of goals scored, Liverpool's problem is that their defence is crap and you can win the league conceding goals for fun like Liverpool is doing in every match. How can you guys be tipping Liverpool for the title and never mention their poor defense in which they always concede?
Re: Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 by sunshineV(f): 12:24am On Oct 31, 2016
Choi angry

Re: Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 by Nobody: 2:43am On Oct 31, 2016
Man U fan spotted cheesy.....hope you don't have hbp? grin
danbrowndmf:
kipkwayet joor. grin
Re: Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 0) On 29th October 2016 by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 04, 2016
i dn't think i will, it is football.
TeleboiZ005:
Dnt be surprise to c man.u lifting a trophy this season!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

UCL: Juventus Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 20th November 2012 / France Vs Romania :Euro 2016 (2 - 1) On 10th June 2016 / Liverpool To Play Chelsea In Uefa Super Cup In Istanbul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.