Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

How To Make Basmati Fried Rice with prawns in pictures - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Basmati Fried Rice with prawns in pictures (5251 Views)

Mamador Celebrates Fried Rice Day With Its Seasoning Cubes / How To Make Unique Stew With Prawns, Chicken And Bell Peppers / Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Basmati Fried Rice with prawns in pictures by marylandcakes: 8:52pm On Oct 23, 2016
Ingredients

450g Basmati rice
One large red onion
One long red pepper
Sunflower oil
Spring onions
One large carrot
1 Chilli pepper
Prawn
3 cloves of garlic
Stock cubes
Oregano

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Basmati Fried Rice with prawns in pictures by marylandcakes: 8:54pm On Oct 23, 2016
Slice all your ingredients

Place a clean dry pan on the fire

Pour in oil

Add garlic, onions and prawns

Add stock cube and oregano.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Basmati Fried Rice with prawns in pictures by marylandcakes: 8:59pm On Oct 23, 2016
Wash and strain rice until all starch is removed.

Add to pan and stir

Add boiling water stir, place lid on and leave to simmer for about 20 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gib3PaqV8aw

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Basmati Fried Rice with prawns in pictures by marylandcakes: 9:05pm On Oct 23, 2016
Once it's cooked leave lid off to let out steam before closing

This can be served with any meat, hot or cold vegetable.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Basmati Fried Rice with prawns in pictures by marylandcakes: 9:26pm On Oct 23, 2016
Stages in pictures

1 Like

Re: How To Make Basmati Fried Rice with prawns in pictures by Rubyventures: 1:36pm On Oct 24, 2016
The mistake I always make with Basmatic rice is that I parboiled it. Now I know you can wash it cold. Thanks. grin
Re: How To Make Basmati Fried Rice with prawns in pictures by marylandcakes: 9:00pm On Oct 24, 2016
It depends on the kind of rice you are using, most other kinds of rice are parboiled.
Re: How To Make Basmati Fried Rice with prawns in pictures by marylandcakes: 4:37am On Oct 25, 2016
You can substitute the prawns for any kind of meat you have. E.g. Liver, chicken,bacon etc
Re: How To Make Basmati Fried Rice with prawns in pictures by Rubyventures: 10:54am On Oct 25, 2016
marylandcakes:
You can substitute the prawns for any kind of meat you have. E.g. Liver, chicken,bacon etc

i hate liver undecided
Re: How To Make Basmati Fried Rice with prawns in pictures by marylandcakes: 10:45pm On Oct 25, 2016
Rubyventures:

i hate liver undecided

Liver is good for you.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Basmati Fried Rice with prawns in pictures by Rubyventures: 10:08am On Oct 26, 2016
marylandcakes:

Liver is good for you.

I hear you grin grin
Re: How To Make Basmati Fried Rice with prawns in pictures by marylandcakes: 9:37am On Oct 31, 2016
Have you tried preparing it in a different way?
Re: How To Make Basmati Fried Rice with prawns in pictures by Rubyventures: 11:25am On Nov 01, 2016
marylandcakes:
Have you tried preparing it in a different way?

Which way is that?
Re: How To Make Basmati Fried Rice with prawns in pictures by marylandcakes: 8:13pm On Nov 02, 2016
Rubyventures:

Which way is that?

Fry them in loads onions and garlic.
Re: How To Make Basmati Fried Rice with prawns in pictures by Rubyventures: 1:30pm On Nov 03, 2016
marylandcakes:

Fry them in loads onions and garlic.

I'm sure I've done that but it turned into patté which I hate. embarassed undecided
Re: How To Make Basmati Fried Rice with prawns in pictures by marylandcakes: 8:18pm On Nov 05, 2016
Rubyventures:

I'm sure I've done that but it turned into patté which I hate. embarassed undecided

This is caused by stirring too much.
Re: How To Make Basmati Fried Rice with prawns in pictures by marylandcakes: 12:38pm On Nov 09, 2016
You've got to allow the oil to heat up properly.
Re: How To Make Basmati Fried Rice with prawns in pictures by Rubyventures: 1:40pm On Nov 14, 2016
marylandcakes:

This is caused by stirring too much.

Okay thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Make Basmati Fried Rice with prawns in pictures by Konquest: 8:26am On Dec 25, 2017
marylandcakes:
Wash and strain rice until all starch is removed.

Add to pan and stir

Add boiling water stir, place lid on and leave to simmer for about 20 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gib3PaqV8aw
^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^
Watching this now...! grin
Re: How To Make Basmati Fried Rice with prawns in pictures by marylandcakes: 11:39am On Dec 25, 2017
Konquest:

^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^
Watching this now...! grin

Very good, make sure you keep your own. Merry Christmas.�

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Make "puff-puff"? / My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake / Igbo Dish: Preparing Ugba The Modern Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.