Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II (12524 Views)

Meet Seribo Adelabu, 63-year-old SS II Student, Pushing Wheelbarrow To Pay SSCE / ... / Unbelievable Facts (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 25, 2016
More pics and facts@Op.
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 25, 2016
edudguy:
On 6 June 1944 the Allies invaded the French coast of Normandy otherwise known as the beginning of the end of the war....An amazing feat. Never has anyone one seen such a detailed planning by the Allies before
The D-Day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 25, 2016
Hitler,though an Austrian by birth,fought in the German army. He attained the rank of corporal before suffering injuries from a mustard gas attack and getting hospitalised.WWI
ended while he was still in hospital.
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by fowosh: 7:25am On Oct 25, 2016
nice write up
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by nedu2000(m): 10:29am On Oct 25, 2016
jantofubu:
mehn Hitler is a bastard grin no wonder his children decided never to marry in order to kill his blood lineage
hitler had a mistress,eva braun and only married her moments before they both committed suicide

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 25, 2016
Kassidy90:

If he's from middle east you people will tag him "terrorist' but as d case is reversed now he's a hero

Hitler didn't HIDE around and he didn't blow up innocent civillians because they had different religions. He didn't run and hide and behave like a coward.

He fought the war like a man!!

He invaded countries with SOLDIERS; not innocent civillians with bombs strapped to them undecided

And when the end came; He took the hard way out.

Tell me one middle east guy that has done the same

undecidedundecidedundecidedundecided

15 Likes

Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by majour(m): 11:52am On Oct 25, 2016
Hitler is a fucking pig, an evolutionist, brainwashed by the likes of Karl Marx, believing the brown hair blue eyes were superior and Bette than the rest of the world, he also believed the Jews were less evolved than blacks, the dude got some lose screw man.

Read mein kamp and you will really hate this man, well either way, the war was needed to shape the world, the agenda of the supreme elites were accomplished.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by phykiesexy: 12:00pm On Oct 25, 2016
Explorer go n open a blog n make good money. U already have fans here just post d link n we wld visit ur blog. Oga Seun na billionaire oh.

4 Likes

Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by lorRhyMeZ: 12:57pm On Oct 25, 2016
SirWere:

Hitler didn't HIDE around and he didn't blow up innocent civillians because they had different religions. He didn't run and hide and behave like a coward.

He fought the war like a man!!

He invaded countries with SOLDIERS; not innocent civillians with bombs strapped to them undecided

And when the end came; He took the hard way out.

Tell me one middle east guy that has done the same

undecidedundecidedundecidedundecided

Lol...in today's term hitler would classified as a terrorist. Everything uv written here shows u lack an understanding of what the word terrorist means. In ur mind u think a terrorist only hides and blows up innocent civilians yeah? braaaah its far more than that..and dear hitler did everything.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Karleb(m): 4:37pm On Oct 25, 2016
melodyogonna:
your habit can go into ur blood nd become a trait to be passed down to d future generation.

Negative! Aquired traits are not heritable.

2 Likes

Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Henrypraise: 5:04pm On Oct 25, 2016
deleib:
pls Can U Really Tell Me The Actual Cause(s) Of The World War 1 And 2. I'll Realy Appreciate Ur Timely Response!

from wat I read, d immediate cause of ww1 was connected to d Serbs, Austrian, Hungarians; it's connected to d killing/ murder of the Austrian king.

ww2 is more or less an extension of ww1, the Germans felt cheated by d Versailles treaty, d tension in Europe was already unbearable...the fall of Poland to d Germans signalled dat Hitler was not just trying to reclaim Germany's lost territory but was out for annihilation of Europe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Henrypraise: 5:11pm On Oct 25, 2016
mansakhalifa:
Liberia was the only West African State that participated in WW I. They entered the fray with the U.S in 1917.

there were soldiers from the gold coast, den I tink Mali n Senegal. however, notin was mentioned about Nigeria. but I suppose de were teamed up wit other British colonies such as gold coast.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 25, 2016
lorRhyMeZ:

Lol...in today's term hitler would classified as a terrorist. Everything uv written here shows u lack an understanding of what the word terrorist means. In ur mind u think a terrorist only hides and blows up innocent civilians yeah? braaaah its far more than that..and dear hitler did everything.
"Terrorism is, in its broadest sense, the use
of intentionally indiscriminate violence
(terror) in order to achieve a political,
religious, or ideological aim"

In today's term, The British colonialists would be called terrorists; yet I don't see anyone carrying placards and burning Union Jack undecidedundecidedundecidedundecided
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by braithwaite(m): 6:25pm On Oct 25, 2016
Fidelismaria:

Calm?

Earth is far from calm

With all dis agitation everywere

Ww3 is already appening

If you see war na then you go reserve this ur yeye statement **earth is far from calm

3 Likes

Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by donjazet(m): 7:07pm On Oct 25, 2016
Explorer! We are waiting ooooo
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by SPDAZZY(f): 7:46pm On Oct 25, 2016
Another informative one from Explorers, explore on!
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by lorRhyMeZ: 9:22pm On Oct 25, 2016
SirWere:

"Terrorism is, in its broadest sense, the use
of intentionally indiscriminate violence
(terror) in order to achieve a political,
religious, or ideological aim"

In today's term, The British colonialists would be called terrorists; yet I don't see anyone carrying placards and burning Union Jack undecidedundecidedundecidedundecided

Hahaha, you just have this sweet way of contradicting yourself with every new statement u type. Abeg kontinuu..I like it! lol
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by freeDR(m): 8:11am On Oct 26, 2016
majour:
Hitler is a fucking pig, an evolutionist, brainwashed by the likes of Karl Marx, believing the brown hair blue eyes were superior and Bette than the rest of the world, he also believed the Jews were less evolved than blacks, the dude got some lose screw man.

Read mein kamp and you will really hate this man, well either way, the war was needed to shape the world, the agenda of the supreme elites were accomplished.
Hitler's ideology has got nothing to do with Karl Marx. Please, do some reading on this. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by shadeyinka(m): 8:12am On Oct 26, 2016
Kassidy90:

If he's from middle east you people will tag him "terrorist' but as d case is reversed now he's a hero

Don't mind him. He is suffering from Islamophobia.

Experience has convinced him that all terrorists are Muslims even though not all Muslims are terrorist!
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by majour(m): 8:50am On Oct 26, 2016
freeDR:

Hitler's ideology has got nothing to do with Karl Marx. Please, do some reading on this. Thanks.
Lols, did you just type that, hahahahahaha, another olodo, alright bro ur right grin

The communist manifesto centered on the division of classes while the Nazi movement center on the division of races. Ideas are born and interpreted from other ideas, got a full documentary on it tho, maybe I'd send u a link, well u can educate me too sha.
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by freeDR(m): 11:20am On Oct 26, 2016
[quote author=majour post=50516665]Lols, did you just type that, hahahahahaha, another olodo, alright bro ur right grin

The communist manifesto centered on the division of classes while the Nazi movement center on the division of races. Ideas are born and interpreted from other ideas, got a full documentary on it tho, maybe I'd send u a link, well u can .

This is your statement, directly implicating Karl Marx in Nazism :

"Hitler is a fucking pig, an evolutionist, brainwashed by the likes of Karl Marx, believing the brown hair blue eyes were superior and Bette than the rest of the world, he also believed the Jews were less evolved than blacks, the dude got "

I have read quite well on Marxism, and nothing bears any resemblance to what Nazism stood for. So, on Karl Marx brainwashing Hitler, I disagree. That propaganda sprang up during the Cold War to discredit Marxism.
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by freeDR(m): 11:22am On Oct 26, 2016
majour:
Lols, did you just type that, hahahahahaha, another olodo, alright bro ur right grin

The communist manifesto centered on the division of classes while the Nazi movement center on the division of races. Ideas are born and interpreted from other ideas, got a full documentary on it tho, maybe I'd send u a link, well u can educate me too sha.

"Hitler is a fucking pig, an evolutionist, brainwashed by the likes of Karl Marx, believing the brown hair blue eyes were superior and Bette than the rest of the world, he also believed the Jews were less evolved than blacks, the dude got "

I have read quite well on Marxism, and nothing bears any resemblance to what Nazism stood for. So, on Karl Marx brainwashing Hitler, I disagree. That propaganda sprang up during the Cold War to discredit Marxism.
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by majour(m): 11:49am On Oct 26, 2016
freeDR:

I do get ur point bro, very much so, but like u, I've read the communist manifesto, and as a christian I was pretty offended cus it was almost anti christian, but also so wrong an idea, if u can't see the link between a centralised government ruled by a selected few and a divide race of being destined to rule, then our understanding differs.

Tell me u read mein kamp and wasn't disgusted to ur bones as a black man

1 Like

Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 26, 2016
[quote author=Henrypraise post=50502117]

from wat I read, d immediate cause of ww1 was connected to d Serbs, Austrian, Hungarians; it's connected to d killing/ murder of the Austrian king.
Not
the king,but the heir-apparent to the Austrian throne,Archduke Franz Ferdihanand. The Austrian emperor at that time was Franz Josef. The assassin was Garilo Princip.
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by baba11(m): 5:18pm On Oct 26, 2016
Explorers,continue..we are many that are keenly following your thread cool
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 26, 2016
so after fighting their european war, they now shipped the remaining weapons to Africa to cause Biafra war and make coup d etat was now the order of the day

1 Like

Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by callmelanner(m): 8:59pm On Oct 26, 2016
Even if there will be world war 111,what can be the likely cause?
just a curious mind wink
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by swagifted(m): 9:52am On Oct 27, 2016
callmelanner:
Even if there will be world war 111,what can be the likely cause?
just a curious mind wink
probably one viral video that one ignorant blogger posted online
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Eleniyan15: 11:20pm On Oct 27, 2016
freeDR:

GBAM
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Dexema(m): 7:01am On Oct 28, 2016
In an event that is widely acknowledged to have sparked the outbreak of World War I, Archduke Franz Ferdinand, nephew of Emperor Franz Josef and heir to the Austro-Hungarian Empire, is shot to death along with his wife by a Serbian nationalist in Sarajevo, Bosnia, on this day in 1914.

The great Prussian statesman Otto von Bismarck, the man most responsible for the unification of Germany in 1871, was quoted as saying at the end of his life that “One day the great European War will come out of some damned foolish thing in the Balkans.” It went as he predicted.

The archduke traveled to Sarajevo in June 1914 to inspect the imperial armed forces in Bosnia and Herzegovina, former Ottoman territories in the turbulent Balkan region that were annexed by Austria-Hungary in 1908 to the indignation of Serbian nationalists, who believed they should become part of the newly independent and ambitious Serbian nation. The date scheduled for his visit, June 28, coincided with the anniversary of the First Battle of Kosovo in 1389, in which medieval Serbia was defeated by the Turks. Despite the fact that Serbia did not truly lose its independence until the Second Battle of Kosovo in 1448, June 28 was a day of great significance to Serbian nationalists, and one on which they could be expected to take exception to a demonstration of Austrian imperial strength in Bosnia.

June 28 was also Franz Ferdinand’s wedding anniversary. His beloved wife, Sophie, a former lady-in-waiting, was denied royal status in Austria due to her birth as a poor Czech aristocrat, as were the couple’s children. In Bosnia, however, due to its limbo status as an annexed territory, Sophie could appear beside him at official proceedings. On June 28, 1914, then, Franz Ferdinand and Sophie were touring Sarajevo in an open car, with surprisingly little security, when Serbian nationalist Nedjelko Cabrinovic threw a bomb at their car; it rolled off the back of the vehicle and wounded an officer and some bystanders. Later that day, on the way to visit the injured officer, the archduke’s procession took a wrong turn at the junction of Appel quay and Franzjosefstrasse, where one of Cabrinovic’s cohorts, 19-year-old Gavrilo Princip, happened to be loitering.

Seeing his opportunity, Princip fired into the car, shooting Franz Ferdinand and Sophie at point-blank range. Princip then turned the gun on himself, but was prevented from shooting it by a bystander who threw himself upon the young assassin. A mob of angry onlookers attacked Princip, who fought back and was subsequently wrestled away by the police. Meanwhile, Franz Ferdinand and Sophie lay fatally wounded in their limousine as it rushed to seek help; they both died within the hour.

The assassination of Franz-Ferdinand and Sophie set off a rapid chain of events: Austria-Hungary, like many in countries around the world, blamed the Serbian government for the attack and hoped to use the incident as justification for settling the question of Slav nationalism once and for all. As Russia supported Serbia, an Austro-Hungarian declaration of war was delayed until its leaders received assurances from German leader Kaiser Wilhelm that Germany would support their cause in the event of a Russian intervention–which would likely involve Russia’s ally, France, and possibly Britain as well. On July 28, Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia, and the tenuous peace between Europe’s great powers collapsed. Within a week, Russia, Belgium, France, Great Britain and Serbia had lined up against Austria-Hungary and Germany, and World War I had begun.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Atk1nson(m): 8:20pm On Oct 28, 2016
jantofubu:
mehn Hitler is a bastard grin no wonder his children decided never to marry in order to kill his blood lineage

hitler didn't have any known children, but I recall recall relatives of one of his top officers decided not to have kids
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Atk1nson(m): 8:23pm On Oct 28, 2016
Explorers:
The most successful fighter of the entire war was Rittmeister von Richthofen (1892-1918).

He shot down 80 planes, more than any other WWI pilot. He died after being shot down near Amiens. France's René Fonck (1894-1953) was the Allies’ most successful fighter pilot, shooting down 75 enemy planes.

.The term “dogfight” originated during WWI. The pilot had to turn off the plane’s engine from time to time so it would not stall when the plane turned quickly in the air. When a pilot restarted his engine midair, it sounded like dogs barking.

Red baron, even when he was shot by anti-aircraft gun with the bullet piercing his body from one end and exiting from the other side, he still manage to safely land the plane

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NAIRALAND Interschool debate third edition winner 3: UNILORIN / Nta Tv College Jos. Diploma Applicants / Throwback; Pick Your Former Position In High School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.