Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] (45522 Views)

Chioma Akpotha Strikes A Pose In New Photo / Jim Iyke Welcomes Another Son, Shares Photos To Celebrate Easter / Yinka Quadri Welcomes Another Grandchild (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by TunezMedia: 6:41am On Oct 24, 2016
Popular Nollywood actress Chioma Akpotha has been singing praises to God for blessing her with another grandchild.

According to Igbo tradition, it appears when Chioma's mother (Grace Egoyibo Chukwuka) passed away she passed on her torch to her first daughter Ada, Chioma. This inheritance makes Chioma the mother of her siblings.

She took to social media to heap praise on God, for giving her the prettiest granddaughter.

In her own words;
For today I give God all the praise ! I am a grandmother again (as Egoyibo has passed the torch to me). @iam_jimdandy and @fugarson gave me the prettiest niece/granddaughter . Baby, Mummy and Daddy are doing just fine !
#ThankYouJesus
#BabyGirl
#BabyGirlsAreTheBest
#Omugwo
#TochukwuIsADaddy
#GladysIsAMummy
#IAmSoHappy

Chioma's grandchild, is the newborn daughter of Chioma Akpotha's younger brother Tochukwu Maurice Chukwuka.

http://www.tunezmediablog.com/2016/10/actress-chioma-akpotha-welcomes-another.html

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by opeyemiieblog(m): 6:59am On Oct 24, 2016
congratulations

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by mikool007(m): 7:01am On Oct 24, 2016
pls explain

1 Like

Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by Mikylopez(f): 7:21am On Oct 24, 2016
I am not understanding

7 Likes

Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by zinachidi(m): 7:23am On Oct 24, 2016
never heard of this tradition oo

9 Likes

Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by luvinhubby(m): 9:20am On Oct 24, 2016
The Ada has stepped into the shoes of her late mummy Egoyibo, congrats my dear.

11 Likes

Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by luvinhubby(m): 9:26am On Oct 24, 2016
mikool007:
pls explain

When a mother passes on in Igboland, the first daughter called Ada in Igbo tradition inherits her box of clothes and also her responsibities, including ine omukwo(caring for a daughter that recently put to bed) for her younger siblings.

And Chioma is just doing that in her late mums place.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by Style007(m): 9:29am On Oct 24, 2016
according to which igbo tradition

4 Likes

Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by Izecson3D(m): 9:29am On Oct 24, 2016
Simple Definition ofgrandchild. : a child of your son or daughter.
Lol. What is she saying? There's nothing like According to Igbo tradition, it appears when Chioma's mother (Grace Egoyibo Chukwuka) passed away she passed on her torch to her first daughter Ada, Chioma. This inheritance makes Chioma the mother of her siblings

3 Likes

Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by wolesmile(m): 9:30am On Oct 24, 2016
Biko, which Igbo tradition are they talking about?

1 Like

Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by subnokdiehard(m): 9:30am On Oct 24, 2016
praise be to God
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by legendte(m): 9:31am On Oct 24, 2016
my crush

1 Like

Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by Bitterleafsoup: 9:31am On Oct 24, 2016
Awwww welcome!
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by drizslim(m): 9:32am On Oct 24, 2016
Chioma My Lover

1 Like

Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by Danccy(f): 9:34am On Oct 24, 2016
i fear o....see as I rush open....thought she is a granny authentically....#igboculture# .....#ourbirthright#
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by jake2much(m): 9:36am On Oct 24, 2016
Nma27 ladymercedes laveda evegran ishilove is dathow u people do things

1 Like

Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by Ada9103(f): 9:37am On Oct 24, 2016
Thank God.....welcome cutie

1 Like

Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by Abugab(m): 9:37am On Oct 24, 2016
When a mother passes on in Igboland, the first daughter called Ada in Igbo tradition inherits her box of clothes and also her responsibities, including ine omukwo(caring for a daughter that recently put to bed) for her younger siblings.

And Chioma is just doing that in her late mums place.[/quote]

Very great explanation you have given, I have learnt something from this. Kudos

7 Likes

Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by sisisioge: 9:37am On Oct 24, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin

Fear caught me! Thank God for the beautiful gift...hallelujah!

1 Like

Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by LordBaelish: 9:37am On Oct 24, 2016
Why she dey hide from direct camera shot?? hian.

Na when these women dey born na when you go see their real face... grin grin
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by dikeigbo2(m): 9:38am On Oct 24, 2016
Your explanation here is confusing.... Besides where in igboland is it practiced ?..... A daughter can't call her sister's child her grandchild..but she can babysit ..

Enough of this confusion please

1 Like

Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by dfrost: 9:40am On Oct 24, 2016
Someone should please educate me on this.
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by goshen26: 9:41am On Oct 24, 2016
English call it Chioma Niece n Nephew
Igbo call it Grandchild

Any way I YINMU at confusion

1 Like

Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 24, 2016
Only because say she be Yeyeb...

Ndi Ara a Gaghi Ekwe Mmadu a nu ife...

grin grin grin grin
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by Julietcutie(f): 9:42am On Oct 24, 2016
grin I can see people are confused... congrats Chioma

1 Like

Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by justmenoni: 9:42am On Oct 24, 2016
Misleading Title
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by chigoizie7(m): 9:42am On Oct 24, 2016
Mikylopez:
I am not understanding

U are not an Igbo person, so u will not understand

1 Like

Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by seenter84: 9:44am On Oct 24, 2016
Tradition
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by chigoizie7(m): 9:46am On Oct 24, 2016
dikeigbo2:
Your explanation here is confusing.... Besides where in igboland is it practiced ?..... A daughter can't call her sister's child her grandchild..but she can babysit ..

Enough of this confusion please

Go back to ur roots and ask questions.

To chioma, that's her niece, but in the absence of their mother(dead) and chioma being the 1st daughter, it also makes her a granny as she will be the one to do omugwo that's if it was her sister that gave birth.

6 Likes

Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by dikeigbo2(m): 9:46am On Oct 24, 2016
luvinhubby:

And Chioma is just doing that in her late mums place.

But she can't call the baby my grandchild (nwanwam)... As the Ada she can babysit and play the whole role of a their mother..
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by tkpoint2(m): 9:53am On Oct 24, 2016
chigoizie7:

U are not an Igbo person, so u will not understand

What is the mean of that?

That I am not Igbo dosn't mean I cant Know or understand other's culture.
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 24, 2016
jake2much:
Nma27 ladymercedes laveda evegran ishilove is dathow u people do things
why d mention

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos / Kate Henshaw Flaunts Hourglass Figure In Sports Polo And Black Leggings / Yemi Alade And Church Of Satan Come For Each Other On Twitter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.