Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,794 members, 7,802,527 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] (45515 Views)

Chioma Akpotha Strikes A Pose In New Photo / Jim Iyke Welcomes Another Son, Shares Photos To Celebrate Easter / Yinka Quadri Welcomes Another Grandchild (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by dikeigbo2(m): 9:55am On Oct 24, 2016
chigoizie7:

Go back to ur roots and ask questions.

To chioma, that's her niece, but in the absence of their mother(dead) and chioma being the 1st daughter, it also makes her a granny as she will be the one to do omugwo that's if it was her sister that gave birth.

Chioma can't call the baby my grandchild (nwanwam) ...your talking as if you are from the mars......better still check the English word "grandmother"....she can only call the baby Nwa nwa nwannemnwanyi not nwanwam.OK

2 Likes

Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by jake2much(m): 9:56am On Oct 24, 2016
Nma27:
why d mention
I mean is dat how I do in ur place
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by luvinhubby(m): 10:02am On Oct 24, 2016
dikeigbo2:

But she can't call the baby my grandchild (nwanwam)... As the Ada she can babysit and play the whole role of a their mother..

She is roleplaying her mum in totality.

1 Like

Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by pstnicodemus(m): 10:06am On Oct 24, 2016
zinachidi:
never heard of this tradition oo
I think it's because it is a traditional tradition
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by mayortm001(m): 10:06am On Oct 24, 2016
zinachidi:
Ayam confuse as u are.
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by pstnicodemus(m): 10:07am On Oct 24, 2016
zinachidi:
I think it's because it is a traditional tradition
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 24, 2016
jake2much:
I mean is dat how I do in ur place
cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin.... No we don't do such

2 Likes

Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by jake2much(m): 10:08am On Oct 24, 2016
Nma27:
cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin.... No we don't do such
hahahahq are u not igbo
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by Blessograo(f): 10:15am On Oct 24, 2016
You guys said she will continue in the steps of her mother, hope it doesn't include her father too who happens to be her late mother's husband o
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by recievesense: 10:18am On Oct 24, 2016
This is just for traffic and folks are falling for it.
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by zcee: 10:54am On Oct 24, 2016
I dont understand ooo
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by Mikylopez(f): 11:17am On Oct 24, 2016
chigoizie7:

U are not an Igbo person, so u will not understand
says who? from anambra state ogbunike
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:19am On Oct 24, 2016
dfrost:
Someone should please educate me on this.
In Igbo land the first SON and Daughter has a lot of role to play in their families.
Where the father kick the bucket the FIRST SON assumes the role. Where it is the Mother, the FIRST DAUGHTER called Ada takes over.
All the FIRST DAUGHTER in Igbo land are called Ada.
So Chioma in this scenario is simply assuming the role of her mother.
I hope this explanation helped.
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 24, 2016
Nma27:
why d mention

Ignore him. He's mentally retarded.
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by Coldfeet(f): 11:43am On Oct 24, 2016
dikeigbo2:

But she can't call the baby my grandchild (nwanwam)... As the Ada she can babysit and play the whole role of a their mother..
Yea she can! If it's allowed to refer to a much younger sibling as baby brother or baby sister then "technically"their offspring becomes my grandchildren as their most elder and mummy representative.

It all falls under pet names which the igbos have a lot of and embraces just like the belief of reincarnation( ilouwa)

My younger bro whom I gave a good 11years gap! I know when mum got pregnant for him, I helped nurse him too! His child will be like a grandchild to me nah grin
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by miqos02(m): 12:52pm On Oct 24, 2016
Izecson3D:
Simple Definition ofgrandchild. : a child of your son or daughter.
Lol. What is she saying? There's nothing like According to Igbo tradition, it appears when Chioma's mother (Grace Egoyibo Chukwuka) passed away she passed on her torch to her first daughter Ada, Chioma. This inheritance makes Chioma the mother of her siblings
must we always respect definations set by the ENGLISH AND AMERICANS?

1 Like

Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by dfrost: 1:00pm On Oct 24, 2016
Wiseandtrue:

In Igbo land the first SON and Daughter has a lot of role to play in their families.
Where the father kick the bucket the FIRST SON assumes the role. Where it is the Mother, the FIRST DAUGHTER called Ada takes over.
All the FIRST DAUGHTER in Igbo land are called Ada.
So Chioma in this scenario is simply assuming the role of her mother.
I hope this explanation helped.

Thanks, well-explained, albeit does that pass the rights of [b]grandma [/b]to her?
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by dikeigbo2(m): 1:03pm On Oct 24, 2016
Coldfeet:
Yea she can! If it's allowed to refer to a much younger sibling as baby brother or baby sister then "technically"their offspring becomes my grandchildren as their most elder and mummy representative.

It all falls under pet names which the igbos have a lot of and embraces just like the belief of reincarnation( ilouwa)

My younger bro whom I gave a good 11years gap! I know when mum got pregnant for him, I helped nurse him too! His child will be like a grandchild to me nah grin

Its never done please.... There is no technicality in this...if you are not a grandmother, you are not one...can your unmarried elder sister call your kids my grandchildren? No ,but can call them my children (nwam or umum)....so age doesn't make you a Granny
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by wiseoneking: 1:09pm On Oct 24, 2016
Style007:
according to which igbo tradition
Unless you never been a true igboid, may be you are igbohausa or igbolagos. Lol
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by wiseoneking: 1:16pm On Oct 24, 2016
dikeigbo2:
Your explanation here is confusing.... Besides where in igboland is it practiced ?..... A daughter can't call her sister's child her grandchild..but she can babysit ..

Enough of this confusion please
keep quiet. She is Anambra, Anambra is the heart of igbo land and they practise it. You are Dike, you may not understand.
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by Coldfeet(f): 1:25pm On Oct 24, 2016
dikeigbo2:

Its never done please.... There is no technicality in this...if you are not a grandmother, you are not one...can your unmarried elder sister call your kids my grandchildren? No ,but can call them my children (nwam or umum)....so age doesn't make you a Granny
You are seriously fighting hard not to get it but I think you do! just don't wanna admit it.

Have you ever heard someone refer to a younger one as " my kid bro" or " my baby bro"? Do you call your girlfriend my baby? We know she's not your child but it's "technically" accepted because she's someone you care for and adore.

See this grandchild thing as the same! We all know the baby is not her grandchild... But referred as such as a "pet name" cool
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by Eibams60(m): 1:35pm On Oct 24, 2016
she sef she gree for diz kind yeye tin. was finkin she's expose alredi
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by dikeigbo2(m): 1:43pm On Oct 24, 2016
wiseoneking:
keep quiet. She is Anambra, Anambra is the heart of igbo land and they practise it. You are Dike, you may not understand.

Your first statement makes a(n heediot.

If you are stupidly trained to insult people.with gutter language ....kindly refrain for it does you no good.

Unwiseoneking
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by hassinho707(m): 5:56pm On Oct 24, 2016
nawaah for this kind tradition oooo!
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by dEastActivist: 7:12pm On Oct 24, 2016
dikeigbo2:

Guy why all this rubbish... are you afraid to learn a new thing ?... Or you think you've known all?
Abeg go park for one side make we see road
Besides na omugwo not babysit, i doubt you're Igbo so stop disgracing yourself here
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by dikeigbo2(m): 7:21pm On Oct 24, 2016
dEastActivist:

Guy why all this rubbish... are you afraid to learn a new thing ?... Or you think you've known all?
Abeg go park for one side make we see road
Besides na omugwo not babysit, i doubt you're Igbo so stop disgracing yourself here

Odiegwu,ngwanu nwa onyeigbo bia l buru iko
Re: Chioma Akpotha Welcomes Another Grandchild [PICS] by LilTyRoNe: 11:22pm On Dec 12, 2016
luvinhubby:

When a mother passes on in Igboland, the first daughter called Ada in Igbo tradition inherits her box of clothes and also her responsibities, including ine omukwo(caring for a daughter that recently put to bed) for her younger siblings.

And Chioma is just doing that in her late mums place.
Yeah somehow true,only true igbo's will understand.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Waje's Daughter, Emerald, Heads To University / DJ Muse Brutalized By Police For Not Having Hangout App On His Phone (Photos) / Kate Henshaw Flaunts Hourglass Figure In Sports Polo And Black Leggings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.