Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,555 members, 7,809,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Do Differences In Doctrines Among Churches Matter - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Differences In Doctrines Among Churches Matter (641 Views)

Deeper Life Has Never Changed Their Doctrines / Pastor Kumuyi: I Will Remove Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life (Throwback Video) / The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Differences In Doctrines Among Churches Matter by Kalatium(m): 9:10am On Oct 24, 2016
I grew up a protestant, when I was little I thought everyone was a Protestant. But as I grew up I begin to observe different churches have different doctrines.

Among evangelicals it is a taboo not to believe in The Trinity, but what about unitarians like Jéhovah Witness who don't believe in trinity?
The Roman Catholics venerate saints, adore relics and images, believe in transubstanstiation,maryology etc but my church reject all this.
The worst is that all are claiming to be right. My question is that do some of these differences in doctrines affect your salvation or it doesn't really matter
Re: Do Differences In Doctrines Among Churches Matter by felixomor: 9:15am On Oct 24, 2016
What matters is believing that Jesus died and was resurrected by the power of the Holy Ghost, for the salvation of our souls.

-Rom 10:9
Re: Do Differences In Doctrines Among Churches Matter by AnodaIT(m): 9:23am On Oct 24, 2016
It is necessary cos it didn't start today.

In the spiritual essence, there are different levels of revelations, so no two persons are on equal understanding spiritually.

From the early days, even Peter (the rock upon which the church was founded) had a revelation different from Paul's but both were for the glory of God.

For you bro, the only thing that matters is Love God with all your might and love your neighbor as yourself , that's the only doctrine Christ gave us directly
Re: Do Differences In Doctrines Among Churches Matter by Kalatium(m): 7:07pm On Nov 16, 2016
felixomor:
What matters is believing that Jesus died and was resurrected by the power of the Holy Ghost, for the salvation of our souls.

-Rom 10:9
Then why are we arguing with each other about various doctrines
Re: Do Differences In Doctrines Among Churches Matter by Kalatium(m): 7:09pm On Nov 16, 2016
AnodaIT:
It is necessary cos it didn't start today.

In the spiritual essence, there are different levels of revelations, so no two persons are on equal understanding spiritually.

From the early days, even Peter (the rock upon which the church was founded) had a revelation different from Paul's but both were for the glory of God.

For you bro, the only thing that matters is Love God with all
your might and love your neighbor as yourself , that's the only doctrine Christ gave us directly
But God is not a God of confusion. Why will God allow all this confusion
Re: Do Differences In Doctrines Among Churches Matter by Deicide: 7:17pm On Nov 16, 2016
Kalatium:

But God is not a God of confusion. Why will God allow all this confusion
i guess its the holy spirit that is confused grin the funny thing is that the holly-spirit is basically the same as yahweh
Re: Do Differences In Doctrines Among Churches Matter by felixomor: 7:27pm On Nov 16, 2016
Kalatium:

Then why are we arguing with each other about various doctrines

Short sightedness.
Re: Do Differences In Doctrines Among Churches Matter by Kalatium(m): 7:38pm On Nov 16, 2016
felixomor:

Short sightedness.
Then why are we divided In Denominations , all claiming to be right, are you sure this doctrines don't matter?
Re: Do Differences In Doctrines Among Churches Matter by felixomor: 7:47pm On Nov 16, 2016
Kalatium:

Then why are we divided In Denominations , all claiming to be right, are you sure this doctrines don't matter?

Of course, doctrines matter.
But dont deviate from the common foundation i mentioned earlier.

Once that foundation is there, all other doctrinal differences can be overlooked.
Re: Do Differences In Doctrines Among Churches Matter by Kalatium(m): 8:09pm On Nov 16, 2016
felixomor:

Of course, doctrines matter.
But dont deviate from the common foundation i mentioned earlier.

Once that foundation is there, all other doctrinal differences can be overlooked.
OK bro
Re: Do Differences In Doctrines Among Churches Matter by peacesamuel94(m): 8:26pm On Nov 16, 2016
The bedrock of The christian belief is that Christ Lived, died and resurrected to save man From sin, as Long as that is not tampered with..... then There is no problem.
Re: Do Differences In Doctrines Among Churches Matter by Kalatium(m): 8:39pm On Nov 16, 2016
peacesamuel94:
The bedrock of The christian belief is that Christ Lived, died and resurrected to save man From sin, as Long as that is not tampered with..... then There is no problem.
What about Christian scientists who do not believe that Jesus dead on the cross was salvation for mankind and so deny it.
Re: Do Differences In Doctrines Among Churches Matter by peacesamuel94(m): 9:05pm On Nov 16, 2016
Kalatium:

What about Christian scientists who do not believe that Jesus dead on the cross was salvation for mankind and so deny it.

I dont think Persons Who Make such claims are Christians In the first place. what's the essence of being called a christian when You dont believe in the main purpose of his coming.
Re: Do Differences In Doctrines Among Churches Matter by Kalatium(m): 6:15pm On Nov 17, 2016
peacesamuel94:

I dont think Persons Who Make such claims are Christians In the first place. what's the essence of being called a christian when You dont believe in the main purpose of his coming.
Brother, that's why I think some doctrines really matter

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help:Have U Seen This Catholic Seminarian Who Has Been Missing Since Monday? / Muslim Translators Deliberately Misinterpreting Christians To Get Them Deported / MUST WATCH! Angels Sings And Speak Into Peoples Phones - Bushiri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.