Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,130 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend (25810 Views)

Videos Of Asisat Oshoala And Ngozi Okobi’s Amazing Goals In Europe Last Weekend / Three Things We Learned From PSG Vs Man Utd UCL Match / 4 Things We Learnt From The EPL Last Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by troylaurenz: 9:13am On Oct 24, 2016
Its Monday, another edition for elitetatafo.com league soccer review, and today we will focus on the English Premier League, the stories of the weekend and what we take home

1. Liverpool's consistency is terrifying

Sadio Mane scored perhaps the best goal of the weekend (pardon me Shaqiri). A flowing move, opening up a team that was set up to defend and do little else. However Philippe Coutinho had other ideas as he measured a perfect cross to meet Mane’s run at the back post. Liverpool are level on points (20) with Manchester City and Arsenal - Mane has improved tremendously under Kloop and like i have said before, this liverpool side is one teams should fear and their new found consistency should be something fans will be hopeful and confident of over the course of the entire season.

2 Manchester City, Problems and Pep Guardiola .

Mistakes have cost Manchester City dearly in October after a string of stellar performances, they have gone five games without a win in all competitions and although they remain top joint in the league table, this will pose as the biggest area of concern Pep has got to be bothered with.He said to the press on friday ;

“In the boxes, I don’t know how to improve that,” “I don’t know, I will be honest I don’t know, but I think in the boxes, defensive and offensive, [we need] to be more clinical, more more more aggressive because everything happens there.”

Changes need to be made and there needs to a be big improvement when City is in the opposition half, because the club is making too many mistakes in its own. If even Guardiola cannot work it out, things may get worse before they get better. [goal]

3 Moyes to get the sack by December ?

Coach David Moyes' keeps setting new records where ever he manages, his team Sunderland are now only the second team in top-flight history to fail to win any of their opening nine league games in consecutive seasons, with Bury the other in 1905 and 1906.

Their Abysmal stats this season is similar to the on of last, Sunderland have staged miraculous escape acts in recent seasons, but with just six goals and two points to show for his tenure so far, Moyes needs his side's fortunes to change quickly if they are to repeat that trick. Moyes got a vote of confidence from Sunderland's chief executive Martin Bain this week, but his team could not reward that as they fell to West Ham's hammer and although Khazri and Duncan Watmore posed a threat, none of all that actuallt materialized.

Two draws and seven defeats, if this continues, the scott might just get the sack by Winter... Winter is coming Moyes

4. Mourinho's Arrogance, Team selection and Manchester United's Defensive Flaws

Jose Mourinho received a harsh homecoming with Chelsea's Mauling of 4 goals to nothing but he remained defiant after the match as he told skysports ; "If you can delete the defensive mistakes from the game I would say it was a good

performance. Class performance, good possession, using the ball well, creating chances, creating half chances, pushing the opposition to a defensive approach and I would say obviously a very, very, very unfair result. But we cannot delete the mistakes from the game and the first mistake happened after 30 seconds. He also slammed his opposite number for firing up the crowd after notchcing the fourth goal while greeting him afte the match and that was arrogantly wrong on Mourinho's part, which ever reason he had for that.

http://www.elitetatafo.com/2016/10/what-we-learned-from-english-premier.html

1 Share

Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 24, 2016
Na una headache be that.

5 Likes

Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by gabinogem(m): 9:24am On Oct 24, 2016
A great humiliation for my dear club... Mourinho!
Mourinho!! Mourinho!!! How many times have I called u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by veekid(m): 12:38pm On Oct 24, 2016
Lobatan
Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by Thermodynamics(m): 12:39pm On Oct 24, 2016
All these football people sef angry angry no go find better thing do with your time, na to de follow football up and down. Mourinho nor even know say you de exist, you just de carry him matter up and down nor be say them de give you shishi grin woh all these football fans for Naija make una park well jor. For this recession when person de find how to get him next meal una de talk about football. Oyibo when chop belefull de watch football you sef when de hungry still de talk about football.

8 Likes

Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by yuzjet(m): 12:39pm On Oct 24, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by virginboy1(m): 12:39pm On Oct 24, 2016
Over the week people who have gone back to their
former clubs have each received 4 goals;
Guardiola went back to Camp Nou and took 4
Van Persie came back to Old Trafford and took 4 so I
was wondering who is next until I heard Mourinho and
Mata were also coming back to Stamford Bridge
.....hahaha grin grin grin angry grin cheesy

40 Likes

Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 24, 2016
I wonder the kind of song Arsene Wenger was playing during that butt!@##ery. grin grin grin grin grin

#POGBACKISABITCH

When Next You Hear..Mourinho is Coming to your Club...Kindly Do the Needful

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 24, 2016
Mourinho is a senseless mercenary...stupid ass hoe wasting our money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by seunny4lif(m): 12:41pm On Oct 24, 2016
grin grin
Make I book space first grin
Man Utd was killed and buried by mou former club grin grin grin
Do I blame Chelsea? No cos our chris smalling no wan grow sad angry angry
Smalling is the way grin grin grin
Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by mondee02(m): 12:41pm On Oct 24, 2016
Whatever, just love me some Arsenal!

13 Likes

Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by jaymejate: 12:41pm On Oct 24, 2016
Mourinho never get himself at all. He is now turning into Wenger that he use to abuse

1 Like

Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by Marvel1206: 12:41pm On Oct 24, 2016
When Arsenal deflowered Chelsea, i ddn't even know that there were chelsea fans on nairaland. Now that Chelsea gave ManU four(4-0) Yokohama tyres to power their chevrolet car, i can see that the number of Chelsea fans are much more than that of Man-U on nairaland

28 Likes

Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by virginboy1(m): 12:42pm On Oct 24, 2016
To my fellow United fans,I think we should have invested the money used in buying Pogba in MMM ....it would have matured to get Messi by now.......Feeling Sad
angry sad angry

grin grin grin grin grin

20 Likes

Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by Franchise21(m): 12:43pm On Oct 24, 2016
Ferguson enjoyed MUFC 100years of success in just 26years. My dear United fans, u guys will keep on rigmaroling like this for the next 70years grin

11 Likes

Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by meezynetwork(m): 12:43pm On Oct 24, 2016
Too bad for man u
Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by Neimar: 12:45pm On Oct 24, 2016
yab man u with style

1 Like

Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 24, 2016
Up chelsea grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by tobechi20(m): 12:47pm On Oct 24, 2016
ea vs manchester unite
chelsea scored first goal without
any manchester united player
touching the ball
two players whom mourinho
threw away -luiz and moses
,played well toda
a small unknown kante can have
more influence in a game than 3
giants,'-pogba, baily
,ibrahimovic
and pogba
matic gave 2 assist-
guadiola was humiliated in his
trip to barca, mourinho faced
same fate
am a chelsea fan but luiz
deserved a red card for his foul
on fellani
we dont have to stick to one
formation-4'-5- 1, since year
2oo6. Change
the once rejected mata was
called upon at halftime to save
the game,
who is worth 1 milion? Pogba or
kante

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by Tbillz(m): 12:47pm On Oct 24, 2016
We also learnt that we shouldn't bank on big teams with with small odds! Small teams can also do the job!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2016
Man U eku ojo meta..... grin grin grin

Cuz na zo dem talk say make we day greet una

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by Phiniter(m): 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2016
Mou should just shattap and sit down

Liverpool has the best attack.

Conte is building chelsea. Slowly but surely.

Moyes should just go back to his village people and offer them ogogoro so that they will release his destiny that they have tied since he left everton

As for Pep. This is actually his first test as a coach. Not all those big big ready made teams he's been coaching before. He should forget his useless ego and Bring back Yaya Toure...

As for my boy... Keep making us proud.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by seunny4lif(m): 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2016
grin grin grin
Marvel1206:
When arsenal deflowered chelsea, i ddn't even know that there were chelsea fans on nairaland. Now that Chelsea gave ManU four(4-0) Yokohama tyres to power their chevrolet car, i can see that the number of chelsea fans are much more than that of Man-U on nairaland

7 Likes

Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by ashewoboy(m): 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2016
Mourinho salary still dey intact. Silly fanatics.
Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by dyoungkarlmarx(m): 12:49pm On Oct 24, 2016
Liverpool till the last day of my breath!

6 Likes

Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by seunny4lif(m): 12:49pm On Oct 24, 2016
cry cry cry
Seun, this is unfair oooooo
Sharming95:
Man U eku ojo meta..... grin grin grin

Cuz na zo dem talk say make we day greet una

3 Likes

Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by sauceEEP(m): 12:49pm On Oct 24, 2016
United till recession ends...

1 Like

Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by LesbianBoy(m): 12:52pm On Oct 24, 2016
Chelsea shouldn't get carried away with yesterdays victory! They are not that good yet! Its Man Utd that played poorly especially that pogba! He was just hiding in the midfield! Instead of him to OPEN so other players can pass the ball to him then he can try and create a chance or even shoot at the goalkeeper more......lai lai he didn't do that! But if is to OPEN dencia's legs now he is very good at that! angry

6 Likes

Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by alfaHaywhy(m): 12:56pm On Oct 24, 2016
What you guys forgot to add is that European fixtures during weekdays is strenuos for these players.. An Example is Paul Pogba, even though he is an average player, the pogba we know wouldnt play like he did yesterday. Ozil and Sanchez failed to create a simple chance... Kudos to Chelsea,Boro,Saints they knew they are tired after the week european fixtures and all what they need to do is to sit back and charge them fast.
Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by KingBelieve: 12:56pm On Oct 24, 2016
We raped Man United but Jose Morinho is still the special one.

5 Likes

Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by sleeknick: 12:57pm On Oct 24, 2016
Up gunners!
Re: What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend by IamPatriotic(m): 12:58pm On Oct 24, 2016
Who your "what you learnt" epp? definitely not Mourinho.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tiger Woods Jumps To Sixth In Rankings, Takes Home $2.07 Million (n745m) / Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab / Match-fixing Allegation: Westerhof Defeats Bonfrere In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.