Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,459 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian (82458 Views)

Mmm Nigeria Reduces Poverty By 20%(bbc News) Pic / We Are Investigating MMM Ponzi Scheme — EFCC / MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? (MUST READ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by otswag(m): 1:13pm On Oct 24, 2016
Wrong. Yes there is no 100% guarantee. Yes, it is not sustainable. However, Its a very well informed risk and its 100% worth the risk. Everybody that can read knows what they are getting into. In fact on the website, it was clearly stated that do not put all your money into it. Nobody is robbing anybody. Have you wondered why it still hasn't been shut down despite all the "ponzi scheme/pyramid scheme" noise? Anybody wey get sense, make him use am. If ur smart enough and if ur not the greedy type, u can get away with very little risk

3 Likes

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by Cutehector(m): 1:14pm On Oct 24, 2016
grin

Lalasticlala I wan register for mmm grin be my guardian... grin
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by seunny4lif(m): 1:14pm On Oct 24, 2016
grin grin grin
Leave us oooooooh
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by Bollinger(m): 1:15pm On Oct 24, 2016
faith551:
The way people jump into other people's business is overwhelming, what will you prefer the jobless government frustrated youth's do instead? carry guns and rob you No body is forced into this,every participant chose to join out of their own free will.
If you used the energy and time you wasted on this on our government it wouldn't have been such a waste

I don't think you understand the article. Just because no one forced you into it does not mean fraud should be allowed to perpetuate. You do realize that MMM does not make any sense. It is obvious to the less hungry that it will eventually fail. Don't let your stomach do your thinking for you.

3 Likes

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by bennieman: 1:17pm On Oct 24, 2016
One thing I have been pondering on is what the promoters stand to gain. They can't just be linking people to make donations to each other out of altruism. I really suspect some foul play.

One sure thing is that they will pay in order to attract new investors and also retain the ones that they already have. Another sure thing is that it will crash, either soon or in the near future.

I suspect that they may have their croonies to whom they can allocate huge percentages of the 'help' you are advised to distribute as a way of getting cash out of the system since people are not asked to pay into MMM account but other individual's account.

Some people say MMM generates money based on people's visits and 'clicks' on their site, which Google supposedly pays. Correct me if I am wrong, Google pays for the clicks on adverts which they display on your platform and I haven't seen a single advert by google on MMM site.

Some people may try to play smart and cash out as soon as possible but you can never be sure of how soon is soon enough.

5 Likes

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by caracas: 1:18pm On Oct 24, 2016
Kassidy90:
Mumu article dead on arrival, If u go to China to import goods with millions of naira its carry d same risk just like MMM because if container sink inside sea na back to square 1, so Mr analyser MMM is a risk me and my households are ready to take... If only Man United have known they would have put the money they use to sign Pogba on MMM who knws Hw much they for don make undecided
grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by Originalsly: 1:19pm On Oct 24, 2016
Why is the SEC warning citizens that MMM is a pyramid scheme?... it is their duty to either have it registered... or shut down. MMM is milking the economy....but we can't see it. Who is receiving the cash?...and where does it finally rest?...in which country? All of the money put in here does not circulate here but converted to foreign exchange and sent abroad to whoever is behind the scheme.

1 Like

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by tinkinjow: 1:21pm On Oct 24, 2016
People putting money in mmm clearly no the risk involved as it's clearly stated on the website. The fact is that a scheme like this could only have nipped in the bud. Once it sprouts there's no point in govt interference as people are bound to lose their stakes. And the blame will be on govt. The best thing is allow it play itself out and die a natural dead. That way the members have no one to blame. Simple.
I think those anti tge scheme should stay away from it and allow those willing to take the risk to risk it. Simple. It's their life.
My friends brother who participate says those who are afraid to take the risk are envious of them that have the guts and wouldn't want them to continue reaping from it. When my friend told me i replied him that i tend to agree with his brother.
Govt should stay out of it. It's has already done its part by informing people of the danger (members see it as risk). It should end there.

3 Likes

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by MinorityTribe: 1:23pm On Oct 24, 2016
SweetJoystick:

Yes it pays for now, who knows when it will crash? My friends gf invested 400k, she has made 1m. She is still investing to get more, that's the greed that was spoken about in the write up. People will say they will pull out capital and only invest returns back into the scheme. It's easier said than done. With an almost guaranteed returns, they end up investing all they have gained, their capital and sometimes new funds into the scheme. Truth is that I rather put my money on football matches because I have this belief the day I invest in MMM, na that month e go crash.
Because you no get sense. How many bet you don win now? Mumu. Football matches even carry worst risk than mmm.

12 Likes

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by smudge2079(m): 1:23pm On Oct 24, 2016
MMM.... Money Making Machine

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by adconline(m): 1:23pm On Oct 24, 2016
uwa244:
The government will continue to criticize the scheme, as long as MMM did not register its operations with the NDIC in other for the govt to collect Tax from them. That does not mean MMM is fake. Am a living witness.MMM ALL THE WAY UP!
This is a Ponzi scheme! This is a scam. It's going to run out of money when no new members are recruited. Let's have this discussion in 6-12months from now?

5 Likes

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by toneawe(m): 1:24pm On Oct 24, 2016
Originalsly:
Why is the SEC warning citizens that MMM is a pyramid scheme?... it is their duty to either have it registered... or shut down. MMM is milking the economy....but we can't see it. Who is receiving the cash?...and where does it finally rest?...in which country? All of the money put in here does not circulate here but converted to foreign exchange and sent abroad to whoever is behind the scheme.

Do u ask questions before u open your mouth to talk? Wat do u know about Mmm? Ask any participant of he or she has ever paid moni outside Nigeria. Pls research before u talk. Mavrodi has more than ur govt can have. He doesn't need ur Naira.

2 Likes

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by sauceEEP(m): 1:24pm On Oct 24, 2016
Na wah o!
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by MinorityTribe: 1:25pm On Oct 24, 2016
adconline:

This is a Ponzi scheme! This is a scam. It's going to run out of money when no new members are recruited. Let's have this discussion in 6-12months from now?
6-12 months from now? That is even more than enough time to be a millionaire with MMM if that is really how long it would last.

8 Likes

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by MNDY(m): 1:25pm On Oct 24, 2016
50k on hand to go in! God! Make dis tin neva crash yet ooo! I think when it gets "jampacked" with too many people that an error occurs somewhere and it crashes!

3 Likes

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by kingsle66(m): 1:28pm On Oct 24, 2016
Yeye govt. What did the sec did when stock exchange crashed? And they are the ones saying that NSE(nigeria stock exchange) is safe before.

3 Likes

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by SweetJoystick(m): 1:28pm On Oct 24, 2016
MinorityTribe:
Because you no get sense. How many bet you don win now? Mumu. Football matches even carry worst risk than mmm.
Smh you wey get sense how much MMM don pay you? E don reach 1m wey I don see for sports betting?
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by TRAVEL101(m): 1:28pm On Oct 24, 2016
SweetJoystick:
I never do, and I go ever do. The risk pass my power abeg. I rather gamble

I heard of a lady in Festac who invested 2m. Her life savings and some borrowed. If the scheme crash without payout today? No be suicide be that?
she is greedy!
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by teawhy2788(m): 1:29pm On Oct 24, 2016
Abeg,let me go play my bet9ja o! Wetin concern me,concern mmm. I dey stake 5k,5k on bet9ja every day,in a wk I dey stakee 35k and I alwys win 4days out of 7days in a week. 5k multiply by 3odd(3 point) I use to carry in a day, equal to 15k and I dey win 4 days out 7days in a week I.e I dey win 60k in a week subtract it frm 35k I use to play in a week,my gain every week is 25k.in a month 100k!

1 Like

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:29pm On Oct 24, 2016
That day will be soooooo hilarious ehn!! grin grin grin grin grin..I go laugh tire....

My friend say make i come do MMM, say if e crash before pay out he go refund me. I say no....gimme the money from your pocket make i do am, if e crash, your money don go, if e no crash, I collect the bonus give you your 20k back..he say no...I say then Go to hell and burn!! grin grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Affordable Clothes & Accessories In Dubai? / Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account / See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.