Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot (26697 Views)

Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination / Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen / Pauline Tallen Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination Due To Her Sick Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by bukifemi1: 9:48am On Oct 24, 2016
Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Govs, APC Leaders Kick

*Osinbajo gets one out of 46 slots
*President offers Saraki Kwara slot

*Kyari, Kingibe play prominent role in selection process

President Muhammadu Buhari has incurred the wrath of President Muhammadu Buhari has incurred the wrath of leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) over the choice of nominees for non-career ambassadors. Most of the 23 APC governors are angry because their candidates for the ambassadorial posts were rejected by the Presidency.

It was learnt that Vice- President Yemi Osinbajo was given only one out of the 46 ambassadorial slots submitted to the Senate for confirmation last week.Governors, APC leaders and ministers, who are party leaders in many states, especially where the governing party is not in control, were sidelined in the appointments. Senate President, Bukola Saraki, was this time lucky as the president conceded one of the two ambassadorial nominees – Prof. Mohammed G. Yisa – from Kwara State, to him.
New Telegraph learnt that the Chief of Staff to the president, Mallam Abba Kyari and former Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Ambassador Babagana Kingibe, played prominent role in the selection process. Even the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, was said to have no input in the list of the nominees.

A source said that Onyeama cannot complain because the president’s chief of staff facilitated his appointment as minister. Kyari and Onyeama are friends and classmates at Cambridge. Onyeama was Kyari’s best man at his wedding. One of the APC governors lamented that the president failed to carry party leaders along in his appointment.

“The appointment of the ambassadors is a continuation of the policy to sideline the governors. When the minister from my state was picked, I was not consulted.And when it is time for the ambassadorial appointment, they did not consider my nominee. This is a party we all worked to build.

I have spoken to quite a number of my colleaguegovernors, it is the same thing. “To us, we believe the president has his own game plan. I’m sure he is building a separate structure for himself. When you sideline governors and party leaders in appointments, then it means you are up to something.

I can tell you conveniently that most of the party leaders, especially governors, are not happy with the president over his choice of appointment,” a governor told New Telegraph at the weekend. A cross section of party leaders told New Telegraph at the weekend that the president is treating them like outcasts in the party when it comes to appointments...

https://newtelegraphonline.com/ambassadorial-nomination-buhari-sidelines-govs-apc-leaders-kick/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by princeemmy123(m): 9:49am On Oct 24, 2016
ok

2 Likes

Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by talktonase(m): 9:53am On Oct 24, 2016
Na this kind thing nahim make Aisha dey complain...bu bu why?

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by NaijaMutant(f): 10:06am On Oct 24, 2016
Osinbajo has been confirmed a deputy vice-president abi na mere commissioner

Kikikikikikikikikikikikikikiki grin grin grin grin grin

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by NaijaMutant(f): 10:12am On Oct 24, 2016
bukifemi1:

A source said that Onyeama cannot complain because the president’s chief of staff facilitated his appointment as minister. Kyari and Onyeama are friends and classmates at Cambridge. Onyeama was Kyari’s best man at his wedding. O

See as the cabals dey turn intellectuals like Onyema and Emefiele to mumu undecided

Chai...........
Weeping for my brothers trying to please northern cabals cry cry cry

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by ayourbamie: 10:13am On Oct 24, 2016
Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown

3 Likes

Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by NaijaMutant(f): 10:17am On Oct 24, 2016
Click LIKE if you want Buhari to continue this kind humiliation grin

Click SHARE if you want him to show some Mercy and respect undecided

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by sarrki(m): 10:20am On Oct 24, 2016
My question to wailers is

How this issues above affects the economy

They are lost and blindfolded with hatred

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by Young03(m): 10:21am On Oct 24, 2016
when we call him a mere commissioner, people will be calling u names.

una don c am nah

35 Likes

Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by NaijaMutant(f): 10:26am On Oct 24, 2016
sarrki:

The greatest problem in your life are the wailers undecided

The wailers only gave Osinbajo 1 slot out of 46 nominees. The wailers are so powerful that they reduced a vice president to a mere commissioner

Just continue,
Your folly will soon receive a Nobel Prize undecided

121 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by topsyking: 10:27am On Oct 24, 2016
Young03:
when we call him a mere commissioner, people will be calling u names.

una don c am nah
for your mind you don talk... kids everywhere.. what about this.. u no see am.
[b]Even the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, was said to have no input in the list of the nominees.[/b]was said to have no input in the list of the nominees. a whole minister of fereign affairs. so what then is his work..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 24, 2016
NaijaMutant:

No wonder

No wonder what? Onyeama is the only performing minister of all of them, and his portfolio commensurate with his career. An impeccable class act minister who is overly qualified...reminds me of Odein Ajumogobia.

7 Likes

Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by sarrki(m): 10:28am On Oct 24, 2016
NaijaMutant:

The greatest problem in your life are the wailers undecided

The wailers only gave Osinbajo 1 slot out of 46 nominees. The wailers are so powerful that they reduced a vice president to a mere commissioner

Just continue,
Your folly will soon receive a Nobel Prize undecided

Chai

Chai e pain my my guy

Yes agreed he's a mere commissioner

I pray I will be a mere commissioner like him

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by Young03(m): 10:29am On Oct 24, 2016
topsyking:

for your mind you don talk... kids everywhere.. what about this.. u no see am.
Even the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, was said to have no input in the list of the nominees.[/b]

shatap...

do VP n minister look similar to u.?

9 Likes

Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by sarrki(m): 10:30am On Oct 24, 2016
Young03:

shatap...

do VP n minister look similar to u.?

This place no be motor park ooo

4 Likes

Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by flyingsnail(f): 10:32am On Oct 24, 2016
Up VP wink

They have a plan,

They hope he will soon 'eid'

The reflection in the mirror looks like Yaradua.

The shadow cannot be faster than the object.

3 Likes

Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by Young03(m): 10:32am On Oct 24, 2016
sarrki:

This place no be motor park ooo

why do u have to quote me?

4 Likes

Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by NaijaMutant(f): 10:42am On Oct 24, 2016
flyingsnail:

Up VP wink

They have a plan,

They hope he will soon 'eid'

The reflection in the mirror looks like Yaradua.

The shadow cannot be faster than the object.

Buhari knows their plans, hence his efforts to frustrate and embarrass the Tinubu/Osinbajo cacus

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by Toeyoursea(m): 10:57am On Oct 24, 2016
Nigerians want change but when they see change, they complain.

1. Buhari is the one saddled with the power to nominate Ambassadors.
2. You didn't tell us when the governors sidelined Buhari when they were nominating their commissioners.
3. Did Osinbajo complain to you?
4. Get a life undecided

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by aminho(m): 10:57am On Oct 24, 2016
Does he appoints commissioners for them?

2 Likes

Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by AllTheWayUp: 10:57am On Oct 24, 2016
grin

8 Likes

Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by gurunlocker: 10:57am On Oct 24, 2016
Lol... werey president, even his so called party members are beginning to have doubts about him

2 Likes

Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by mhisbliss(f): 10:57am On Oct 24, 2016
this man never cease to amaze me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 24, 2016
Ok...

He offered Tinubu (1 slot), Ambode (1 slot), Lagos (1 slot), VP (1 slot), Oba of lagos (1 slot), Fashola (1 slot)....blah blah blah blah

Is it only Lagos that we have in Nigeria undecided

4 Likes

Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by sarrki(m): 10:58am On Oct 24, 2016
Young03:

why do u have to quote me?

On Nairaland?

Tell me more ?
Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by wildchild1: 10:58am On Oct 24, 2016
Hmmmm

Check my signature
Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by jejemanito: 10:58am On Oct 24, 2016
sarrki:

Try Rebooting Your Brain

It Just Might Do The Trick

14 Likes

Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by ThumbzTNA(m): 10:58am On Oct 24, 2016
Yesterday I watched Osinbajo's interview. The man looks upkept, ugly and unintelligent.

8 Likes

Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:58am On Oct 24, 2016
It is much expected.

1 Like

Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by gurunlocker: 10:59am On Oct 24, 2016
sarrki:

One thing about you is that, you always don't have something sensible to post, you just come online and spill shitt

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot by zanebaddo(m): 10:59am On Oct 24, 2016
Fucck this country, fucck buhari! Fucck SS/SE politicians, fucck osibanjo! Fucck afonjasssss! Fucck cow rearers! Fucck APC/PDP. Fucck africa!! execpt south africa! Fucck anybody that quotes to spew trash!!

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yojora Explains How Alpha Beta Helps Lagos Improve Revenue Generation / Ige Street At Iyana Ipaja Flooded After Rains / Hawker Spotted Selling His Wares Singing With The Major Candidates (pix/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.