Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures (115139 Views)

Should Africa Reclaim Its Stolen Treasures? - BBC / The Art And Architecture Of Yorubaland! / Benin Art And Architecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 10:12pm On Nov 14, 2009
luxor

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by Epi: 11:54pm On Nov 14, 2009
ababda:

hello epi, i am glad you are still with us, i was hoping you will post more pictures. however, i will answer your question, yes the lady is from egypt, but obviously she has southern roots. i posted a articule from the guardian from great Britian that the history of egypt and northern sudan is very interwine, since the countries border each other, it will be obvious the the two countries will have share ethnic groups on both side of the border. also, you must remember egypt and sudan were once one country in various times in their shared histories. if you read about the history of the nile valley, and notice the mouments in both countries, the issue of a so called black face lady, should not even cross your mind. in other words, it would only be logical that so called black face people will exist in egypt, since they border sudan. the lady is actually from luxor egypt.
So informative (going back to page one) that you have me yearning for more.  Southern roots?? as in her dna traces back to a predominantly black African country
btw, I like the uniformity of your thread. EXCELLENTE!
Thanks.
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 12:27am On Nov 15, 2009
hello, epi! i think you misunderstood me. what i mean about southern roots is basically not northern egypt, but where the lady actually live in upper egypt and again northern sudan. as i mentioned before sudan and egypt in various time in there histories were one country. you must remember the historical ta seti/cush/or nubia begins and parts of upper egypt and continues on to northern sudan. indeed that is what i mean her roots in the south, not in the delta area of egypt. in fact it is a well know fact that high percent of the people in parts of upper egypt are majority darkskinned. you definitely see it once you go to luxor and further south. it is almost like being in two separate countries sometimes, but they are part of one whole.
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 12:32am On Nov 15, 2009
man from luxor

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 12:43am On Nov 15, 2009
luxor egypt

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 6:58am On Nov 15, 2009
little girl from aswan egypt

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 7:00am On Nov 15, 2009
in the market place in aswan, and carriage driver in edfu egypt. most likely taking tourist to the horus temple

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 7:02am On Nov 15, 2009
men in luxor at the karnak temple, most likely guards

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 12:33pm On Nov 15, 2009
back to african treasures folks. this ancient god is only unique to the sudan and he is called sebiumeker. the tourist will notice at the musawarrat es sufra complex of large statures representing this god. some say is the the guardian god other scholars believe that he is the god of procreation. needless to say, they are still debating the role he played with the ancient meroites.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 12:56pm On Nov 15, 2009
i am not sure who this pharaoh or possible deity is, so if anyone know please let me know. this statue along with the other statue was on display at the abu dhabi museum in the gulf feathering "Sudan Ancient Treasure" which was last year, and i heard it was a hit. here is the link that was display, but the person that took the pictures did not highlighted any of the museum pieces. however, some of his pictures are absolutely amazing.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 1:03pm On Nov 15, 2009
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 1:10pm On Nov 15, 2009
also, i don't know who or what this statue representation, however, i am assuming it was made during the meriotic period or during hellenistics times. if anyone know please tell me what it is, however since this was highlighted at the exhibit showing "treasures from the sudan" in abu dhdabi, it is not a doubt that the piece is sudanese. if anyone can make this out.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 1:19pm On Nov 15, 2009
despite what the guy written on his website it is not a queen but it is the nile valley god bes, even though he looks hideous, he played a very important role in nile valley culture.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 17, 2009
niz 1 @poster
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 5:31pm On Nov 17, 2009
this is a questions to all my viewers, and lets test your logic, and all opinions is welcome,

[b] IN MANY EUROPEAN COUNTRIES, YOU HAVE MANY STATUARIES FEATHERING IMAGES OF THE BLACK MARY AND BLACK BABY JESUS, AND THESE IMAGES IS CONSIDERED MORE SACRED THAN ITS WHITE COUNTERPART. MIND YOU, THESE IMAGES OF THE BLACK MARY AND JESUS WERE PRESENT SINCE THE ADVENT OF CHRISTIANITY IN EUROPE. SO, THE QUESTIONS IS WHY WOULD COUNTRIES THAT IS NEARLY ALL WHITE PRODUCE STATUES OF A BLACK MARY AND BLACK JESUS. I ALREADY HAVE A OPINION, BUT I WANT TO HEAR YOURS. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOUR OPINION, ALL ANSWERS OR IDEAS ARE WELCOME. I WILL PRODUCE IMAGES OF THE BLACK MADONNAS FROM VARIOUS EUROPEAN COUNTRIES. HOWEVER, TO GIVE YOU A CLUE OF MY ANSWER, IT IS ALREADY ON THIS TREND. AGAIN, ALL OPINIONS OR IDEAS IS WELCOME. [/b]
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 5:45pm On Nov 17, 2009
Black Madonna in Poland, On the side of the painting

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 6:01pm On Nov 17, 2009
12th century black madonna or(la morenta) in spain, this is a main tourist attraction there.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 6:08pm On Nov 17, 2009
black madonna in Einsiedeln switerland

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 6:43pm On Nov 17, 2009
black madonna in vienna, austria. this is the last of the madonna photos, however there are in fact 300 statues in europe of the black madonna, and also there are some in latin america today, due to europeans bringing christianity to the native american populations.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 6:45pm On Nov 17, 2009
ok, brothers and sisters share your opinion on this subject.
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 7:13pm On Nov 17, 2009
image of hieroglyphs from the semna temple of northern sudan

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 7:14pm On Nov 17, 2009
image of hieroglyphs from the semna temple of northern sudan

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 7:19pm On Nov 17, 2009
i guess unknown kushite pharaoh northern sudan.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by Epi: 1:17am On Nov 18, 2009
ababda:

Sorry, I don't know but the head of the statue has a resemblance of the Statue of liberty
#
ababda:

also, i don't know who or what this statue representation, however, i am assuming it was made during the meriotic period or during hellenistics times. if anyone know please tell me what it is, however since this was highlighted at the exhibit showing "treasures from the sudan" in abu dhdabi, it is not a doubt that the piece is sudanese. if anyone can make this out.
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 1:58am On Nov 18, 2009
epi: that is definitely a good observation, because when i seen it, i did not think that it resemble the statue of liberty. however, having reviewed the statue much further, i can now see the resemblance. however, lets not get it twisted, because this statue was made about 2,000 years before the statue of liberty. in other words, the statue of liberty resemble it, rather than the other way around. lol grin
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 2:17am On Nov 18, 2009
the kano city wall in northern nigeria, it is one of the oldest monuments in west africa about 1000 years.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 2:37am On Nov 18, 2009
the temple of dakha in northern sudan and egypt, builted during the nubian or kushite meroitic period

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 2:56am On Nov 18, 2009
yombe/baKongo mask, i don't know the date of this one. this mask is from the congo.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 12:07pm On Nov 18, 2009
guzara castle in ethiopia builted around the 16th century.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by Epi: 4:30am On Nov 19, 2009
ababda:

epi: that is definitely a good observation, because when i seen it, i did not think that it resemble the statue of liberty. however, having reviewed the statue much further, i can now see the resemblance. however, lets not get it twisted, because this statue was made about 2,000 years before the statue of liberty. in other words, the statue of liberty resemble it, rather than the other way around. lol grin
make sense.
Is it ok to ask you a question pertaining to something on page 6?. I feel bad taking you waay back but it's because I am thouroughly reading your thread from the beginning.
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 6:48am On Nov 20, 2009
yes, epi you can ask any questions and i don't have any problem going back to page six. most of the information i received from the internet, and books that i have, if you want the information i will provide you the link and list of books that i personally have.
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 1:11am On Nov 23, 2009
mask from the fang ethnic group. Gabon west african.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Kalabari People! / Ramses, Cleopatra, Nefertiti: Original Egyptians Were Black? / If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.