Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,323 members, 7,808,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

12 Challenges New Entrepreneurs Face And Ways To Conquer Them – Tokunbo Fasoro - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 12 Challenges New Entrepreneurs Face And Ways To Conquer Them – Tokunbo Fasoro (403 Views)

Challenges Entrepreneurs Face And Solutions / Fashion Bag Making Training And Start-up Support & Factory For New Entrepreneurs / How New Entrepreneurs Should Manage Their Business Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

12 Challenges New Entrepreneurs Face And Ways To Conquer Them – Tokunbo Fasoro by BISolutionsng: 11:36am On Oct 24, 2016
The economy is not smiling in a lot of countries in the world right now, especially countries that were totally dependent on oil as income. A country like Nigeria has been one of the greatest ones hit since the fall in oil prices and this has led to a lot of pay cuts, job losses and a hard time for employers to even pay salaries.
This situation has forced a lot of people to seriously begin considering entrepreneurship like never before.
I would like to discuss a few challenges you may face as a new entrepreneur and ways to conquer them.

1. Doing anything that generates income, not specifically something you believe in and are passionate about: If you do something you believe in, you can get other people to believe in it.

2. Picking the right business: Make sure your business is providing a solution; it must be the answer to a problem, a response to a need. Ensure you deliver what you have promised.

3. Finding your clients: If you have a good product or service, people will come to you. This way you may not need to spend money on adverts, referrals from past clients will almost guarantee your success.

4. Handling people who need your product or service: Sell it calmly, don’t be pushy but wait for them to come to a decision on their own.

5. Having a business plan: Research business plans to help you draw up yours.

6. Having existing savings: You need to have money to address your personal needs and money you can work with before you begin to generate income.

7. Dealing with the stress of not having a steady income: To me, that was one of the greatest challenges I faced. Many times I would say to myself, “Wow! I should have received a credit alert today, if I was still under paid employment”! At those difficult times, it is your passion for rendering the service that keeps you going.

8. Managing your money: At this point of your life, you need to spend money only on important things, especially when you do not know when your next pay check will be coming. My advice is pay your bills, feed and channel the rest into your business or bank account for rainy days.

9. Setting up your business properly: Your business should be different from you. Pay yourself a salary. Remember it is business, not a hobby, your business and you as its employee should be accountable.

10. Negativity from people: Negative people drain your energy. You need to keep positivity around you all the time, from your thoughts to your friends.

11. Employing or Hiring people: Avoid hiring people until the business needs them and can afford to pay them. Do as much work as you can do yourself and hire only when you don’t have the competence or capability. Start by hiring freelancers and contractors – it’s cheaper, because they get paid only when they work. Hire only full time staff when it’s obvious the company cannot run without them.

12. Avoiding overhead: There are some costs that we can avoid in early start ups. Costs such as office space, staff salaries, some office furniture etc . You can work from home until the company itself grows out of your house, that is talking about physical expansion and the company must be able to afford it.

Remember, with hard work, persistence and believing in yourself, the sky is the limit. Please have a great week.

Tokunbo Fasoro
#WeEmpowerYouths

http://biempowerment.com/2016/10/20/12-challenges-new-entrepreneurs-face-ways-conquer-pt1-tokunbo-fasoro/

http://biempowerment.com/2016/10/24/12-challenges-new-entrepreneurs-face-ways-conquer-pt2-tokunbo-fasoro/

Re: 12 Challenges New Entrepreneurs Face And Ways To Conquer Them – Tokunbo Fasoro by sandyd: 12:16pm On Oct 24, 2016
Lovely right up

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Advise / Textbooks Supply Business / You Too Can Earn Dollars With Google Adsense!! Come In!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.