Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Alarm #Nlwriters - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Alarm #Nlwriters (27977 Views)

How To Get Up Right Away When Your Alarm Goes Off / The Connection Is Now..( For All Nlwriters) / Aja 2 (story Of The Dogs) #nlwriters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by abefe99: 4:52pm On Oct 31, 2016
pls update now
Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Leriebloom(f): 11:59pm On Oct 31, 2016
Kim smiled at the memory of last night.

It had been so hot and she didn’t regret it, not even for a bit.

She loved her best friend Tara, but in order for her to through get this phase of her life, she would forfeit that love.

She hadn’t called Tara and she felt guilty about that. She picked up her phone to dial Tara’s line.

Tara picked on the second ring.

“Hello baby” Tara said slowly. Way too slowly, causing Kim to lift a brow.

“Are you okay?” Kim asked genuinely concerned.

“I am good, just got some food” Tara said stressing on the word “Food”.

“You sound tired, that’s why I asked you”. Kim said with concern.

“Oh, thanks, anyways how last night was, sorry I bailed out on you” Tara said not sounding one bit sorry.

“Where did you run off to?” Kim asked wanting to know.

“Well, I had to see a little birdie urgently, so how was last night?”

Tara asked causing Kim’s mind to travel back to last night. Ralph pushing her up the wall roughly and doing things to her that she just couldn’t describe.

“It was hot”. Kim said without thinking.

“What did you say?” Tara asked in confusion.

“I meant last night was great” Kim corrected herself quickly.

“That’s good, you are starting to get the flow and that’s nice because you are learning fast” Tara said proudly.

Kim frowned slightly. What the heck was she feeling like; I would always be better than you? Kim rolled her eyes.

“Yea I guess I am” Kim grinned. Fast enough to have sex with your boyfriend on the first night I met him, Kim thought.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Six years later

Kim smiled when she looked at her phone and saw Denzel’s message. He was the guy she had met at the reunion party that she had attended with her husband last week.

Denzel was so sweet, always calling her and sending her messages that made her feel beautiful.

Ralph noticed that he was gradually losing his wife to a man she had just met. When he first noticed them at the party, he had decided to let her have her fun with the assurance that she would always be his’, but he wasn’t so sure anymore.

He watched his wife stare at her phone and smile and he knew who the message was from. He felt like walking up to her, taking the phone from her hand and smashing the phone on the ground. But that would make him look jealous and one thing that he knew he wasn’t was jealous.

He knew that his wife had so many questions that she wanted to ask him but she couldn’t voice out. Their marriage was a complicated one although he had loved her from the very moment he laid eyes on her; it still didn’t change the fact that their marriage was damn complicated. They had met on the basis of love, sex and drugs, so it was quite understandable why they were having issues.

He loved her so much, but he loved his life as well. He couldn’t compromise that for her. He loved women, drugs, sex and money for him to start thinking of setting his marriage straight.

He wished they could be a normal couple, but he knew that they had never been normal. When he had first met Kim, she had been very ambitious, wanting to experience things that she had never experienced before and he had helped her to some extent. He and Tara had destroyed part of her life before he had realised it.

Kim smiled and texted Denzel back.

Spicycake_ You do have a way with words.
Lady’sman_ I know, that’s why you want me.
Spicycake_ I don’t remember ever saying that.
Lady’sman_ But your subconscious state of mind says it. I do want you.
Spicycake_ I really don’t know what to say, I don’t want to destroy my marriage.
Lady’sman_ Your husband doesn’t have to know. We both know that you have planned our affair all in your head but you are just scared on acting on it.

And there he had got her, he was correct. She had planned the affair in her head but was just scared on acting on it.
She left his last message unanswered.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 10:40am On Nov 01, 2016
Kim is a loose woman or maybe she's just trying to get her Hubby's attention. Still following babe....weldone.

1 Like

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by SPDAZZY(f): 5:51pm On Nov 01, 2016
Be careful Kim

1 Like

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 03, 2016
Ralph! I never met a ralph who ain't bad before tongue

Nice story lerie kiss

1 Like

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Leriebloom(f): 3:09pm On Nov 04, 2016
Episode 5

Kim watched her husband while she pretended to be concentrating on her phone.

She knew where he was going to.

Not like she was going to voice her thoughts out and stop him.

She was getting frustrated of this union. It pained her to know that she still had strong feelings for him.

This was just absurd, she thought.

"I am going to a friend's place" he said picking his car keys from the table.

Yea right, a friend, like I am stupid.

But she didn't say that, "Okay, catch your fun" Jasmine she said meaning it in a different way entirely, and he knew, but he didn't say anything.

He guessed silence worked best for both of them.

"Daddy" he heard a loud screeching voice and he knew it was his little baby. He loved her so much. He carried her and kissed both her cheeks and she giggled. He kept on kissing her and she tried pushing his mouth away.

"Daddy are you leaving me ". She said with a long face and he stopped kissing her. He wasn't happy when he saw her sad face.

" Daddy needs to attend to something very important, would be coming home soon " Ralph said kissing her on her head.

Kim stared at Ralph and Hailey. Ralph really loved her, he was a good father even if he was also a big fat liar.

She was tired of sitting around and watching her cheating husband. It was high time she took action. She had made her mind up. She was going to take Denzel's offer up.

3 Likes

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Leriebloom(f): 3:09pm On Nov 04, 2016
Lawlahdey:
Ralph! I never met a ralph who ain't bad before tongue

Nice story lerie kiss

Thank you
Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Leriebloom(f): 3:26pm On Nov 04, 2016
Continuation

6 years back

"I feel like something is wrong " Tara said staring at Kim who was fidgeting. And then at Ralph who was trying hard not to laugh.

" Why would you think so? " Kim asked feigning innocent.

Tara raised a brow," You are acting really strange, I guess that's something " she said observing Kim who was praying mentally that the ground open and swallow her. Ralph wasn't even helping matters, he wasn't trying to cover up for her. He had left her to the hands of Tara to disect every little part of her.

She needed to say something that would clear Tara's doubt.

"Seriously Tara, there is nothing wrong, I am just a little bit under the weather" she said softly.

Tara stared from Ralph to Kim. She repeated this movement twice.

"Okay, fine if you say so" Tara said although she still wasn't convinced.

Ralph smiled at Kim. A real smile this time. She had never seen him smile before. It was either he was smirking or frowning.

Tara saw the exchange and this time her brow touched her hairline.

This was weird.

"Okay, guys that's enough. I don't know what is going on here, but whatever it is, it's enough " Tara said angrily.

And this time Ralph helped," Tara you are really out of your head, there is nothing going on here for Christ sake. So I can't smile anymore? " he asked with a dark expression on his face.

Tara frowned, she wanted to say," You have never smiled at me before, but you are smiling at this tramp" but she held herself back from saying it. She needed to act like the cool girl she was.

"Fine, if you may excuse me" she said walking out.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 3:36pm On Nov 04, 2016
Kim is a bad friend cry

2 Likes

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Leriebloom(f): 3:40pm On Nov 04, 2016
bibijay123:
Kim is a bad friend cry

I guess so.
Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Leriebloom(f): 3:55pm On Nov 04, 2016
6 years later

"Loving can heal, loving can mend your soul
And it's the only thing that I know, know
I swear it will get easier,
Remember that with every piece of you
Hm, and it's the only thing we take with us when we die
Hm, we keep this love in this photograph
We made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing
Hearts were never broken
And time's forever frozen still"

Ed Sheeren- Photograph

Kim came back home very late that night. She had had an awesome time with Denzel, the guy was breathtakingly charming.

She tried sneaking into the house, but she was stopped midway by a voice.

"Why are you coming this late? " Ralph asked with a strict voice.

" Uummmm, I went to eh....uhmmn hang out with ehmm my girlfriends" she said stammering.

She looked at him closely and noticed that he was dead high. He was holding a cigar and she could see unfinished cocaine on the glass table, she also saw a bottle of spirit on the table too.

She knew that she was in deep sh!t.

"You are lying " it wasn't a question, it was a statement. He stood up and she stepped back, this wasn't going to turn out good.

" I am not, I swear" Kim lied.

She wasn't expecting the next thing she received.

A resounding slap.

She cried, placing her hand on her face.

"I swear, I am not lying " she kept on lying.

Ralph stared at his wife like he was seeing a stranger. When did she turn into this woman.

" What have I turned you into, I destroyed you kim" Ralph said, tears falling from his eyes. He loved his wife so much.

He remembered 6 years ago when they had been younger and in love. When all they cared about was their feelings. When they had been stingy enough not to care that they were hurting people. When they had done everything bad together.

He missed that woman.

He wanted that woman.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by LoveSpirit: 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2016
Ralph. Tears. Only love can do that.

1 Like

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by bummybummy(f): 12:19am On Nov 07, 2016
ralph shld turned kim to d woman he wanted nd loved instead of beattn her
Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Leriebloom(f): 10:19pm On Nov 08, 2016
Episode 6

I was blown away, what could I say?
It all seemed to make sense
You're taking away everything
And I can't deal with that

I try to see the good in life
But good things in life are hard to find
We'll blow it away, blow it away
Can we make this something good?

Well, I'll try to do to it right this time around
Let's start over
I'll try to do it right this time around, it's not over
'Cause a part of me is dead and in the ground
This love is killing me but you're the only one
It's not over

I've taken all I can take and I cannot wait
We're wasting too much time
Being strong, holding on
Can't let it bring us down

My life with you means everything
So I won't give up that easily
I blow it away, blow it away
Can we make this something good?
'Cause it's all misunderstood

Well, I'll try to do to it right this time around
Let's start over
I'll try to do it right this time around, it's not over
'Cause a part of me is dead and in the ground
This love is killing me but you're the only one
It's not over

You can't let this get away
Let it out, let it out
Don't get caught up in yourself
Let it out
Chris daughtry_its not over

Kim was angry with Ralph.
He had hit her, and she hated him for that.
With each passing day, she regretted her decision on being with him, although she had loved him, she guessed it wasn't enough.

She wanted to leave him, she couldn't sit around and watch him hurt her. Although he was a better father, he was a bad husband. He had no single ounce of respect for her.

It was true that the day he hit her, she had been with Denzel, but she couldn't tell him that.

Denzel made her feel things that she had forgotten she had ever felt before. He brought out the side of her that was fun. He was exactly what she needed.

What she had wanted her husband to be.

But he wasn't.

He was never going to be like that to her anymore.

She stared at her phone,tempted to dial Denzel's number.
She had stopped picking his calls ever since the incident with her husband. She didn't want him to do something rash.

She had given up on this marriage.
This wasn't the marriage she had entered six years ago.
Now, all she was going to be concentrating on was herself.
She was going to do what she wanted and there was nothing that was going to stop her.

Except Hailey.

She seized her breath. She had never thought of Hailey when she was trying to live the life she so desired.

Was she that selfish?

When had she turned into this person.

"Oh my God, what am I turning into? "she asked herself with her hand on her lips.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Leriebloom(f): 10:31pm On Nov 08, 2016
Continuation

Kim was deep in thoughts when Ralph came in.

When he spoke, she jerked up.

"how are you? " he asked and she stared at him like he was high on cheap drugs.
Why was he asking about her wellbeing, when the truth here was that he really didn't care.

She ignored him, standing up to leave when he held her arm.

" What more do you want from me? " she asked with no emotions.

" I want the woman I met six years ago" he said softly.

Kim rolled her eyes, "if wishes were horses" she said trying to force her hand out of his grip.

Ralph stared at his wife. Things were really complicated. How was he going to fix his marriage?

A question he had no answer to.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Leriebloom(f): 10:44pm On Nov 08, 2016
6 years ago.

Tara knew that something had transpired between her boyfriend and her best friend. She really didn't care if it was just sex, but something more than that had transpired between them both.

She was deep in thought when she felt a presence behind her.

It was her rival, Ralph's ex girlfriend Jessica.

She hated Jessica with so much passion.

First of all, Jessica was the cool type of girl. As painful as it was to admit it, Jessica was beautiful, in her fake kind of way.

Every one knew that everything about Jessica was fake, yet there were guys who drooled at her.

"You have gotten to that stage right? " Jessica said with a smirk. Tara on the other hand, arched a bro9in question.

" The stage were you are not so sure that you still have Ralph. I hope you suffer, you took the only man I have ever loved from me, I hope you rot in he**" she said with so much hate.

But that was the last thing that Tara needed. Her head was pounding so hard. She needed Jessica out of her sight.

"Can you at least go and fight something better to do?, like maybe choke on your spit" Tara said angrily causing Jessica to smile.

"This is the beginning of your frustration Tara" Jessica said giving a victory smile before walking out on her.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Leriebloom(f): 10:46pm On Nov 08, 2016
Okay, I finally got a cover for the story and I am super excited grin even if I am the one on the cover.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Emodeee: 10:47pm On Nov 08, 2016
Why you no con fine for here? Who be your make up artiste?
Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Leriebloom(f): 10:58pm On Nov 08, 2016
6 years ago

Kim sighed resting her head on Ralph's bare chest.

"I could stay like this without moving for days" she said with a contented smile,drawing circles on his chest.

Ralph smiled. He had never felt this way before. This feeling was all new to him, but he liked it, he welcomed it.

He liked Tara because she was cool, calm and collected.
She was every man's wet dream. But she wasn't Kim.

There was something Kim had that he just couldn't explain.

Maybe it was her innocence that she was trying so hard to get rid of.

Or it was her personality.

Stubborn and ambitious.

He liked that about her. He had to admit it, he didn't do feelings but he was developing feelings for her, which felt weird.

"I wish you could stay here all day with me, but then Tara would know that something was up" Ralph said causing Kim to wear a long face.

He still had a thing for Tara, she thought.

She was just a fling, she needed to start reminding herself about that.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Krystalzkris(f): 11:36pm On Nov 08, 2016
The way you play with words has this orgasmic effect on me. We all know that it's not easy being a writer in Nigeria, where writers are treated somehow. I think we should help one another achieve our dreams. I was shortlisted for Etisalat flash writing contest, and I need your votes. It's simple. Copy and paste the link to your phone browser. Not opera mini or Uc browser. Your main browser. You will see my story. Please read the story and vote for me. You will see a blue stuff with a thumb on it. Click on it. You will be asked to log into Facebook. Once you are done, you have voted for me. The link is

https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=651 Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Krystalzkris(f): 11:36pm On Nov 08, 2016
The way you play with words has this orgasmic effect on me. We all know that it's not easy being a writer in Nigeria, where writers are treated somehow. I think we should help one another achieve our dreams. I was shortlisted for Etisalat flash writing contest, and I need your votes. It's simple. Copy and paste the link to your phone browser. Not opera mini or Uc browser. Your main browser. You will see my story. Please read the story and vote for me. You will see a blue stuff with a thumb on it. Click on it. You will be asked to log into Facebook. Once you are done, you have voted for me. The link is

https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=651 Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Leriebloom(f): 11:43pm On Nov 08, 2016
Krystalzkris:
The way you play with words has this orgasmic effect on me.
We all know that it's not easy being a writer in
Nigeria, where writers are treated somehow. I
think we should
help one another achieve our dreams. I was
shortlisted for Etisalat flash writing contest, and I
need your votes. It's simple. Copy and paste the
link to your phone browser. Not opera mini or Uc
browser. Your main browser. You will see my
story. Please read the story and vote for me. You
will see a blue stuff with a thumb on it. Click on
it. You will be asked to log into Facebook. Once
you are done, you have voted for me. The link is

https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=651
Thanks.

Thank you smiley would do that

1 Like

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by LoveSpirit: 11:48pm On Nov 08, 2016
Leriebloom:
Okay, I finally got a cover for the story and I am super excited grin even if I am the one on the cover.
Beautiful!
Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Leriebloom(f): 11:49pm On Nov 08, 2016
LoveSpirit:

Beautiful!

Thanks sweet kiss
Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by LoveSpirit: 11:52pm On Nov 08, 2016
Kim should just forget about Denzel. Ralph needs her. Hailey too, of course.

2 Likes

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Eniqurl(f): 8:35am On Nov 09, 2016
Wahz wrong with Kim nah... She should just forget about Denzel biko

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Yuneehk(f): 9:21am On Nov 09, 2016
The cover's lovely. The guy's handsome too wink . Well done vaLERIE tongue

1 Like

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Leriebloom(f): 12:37pm On Nov 09, 2016
Yuneehk:
The cover's lovely. The guy's handsome too wink . Well done vaLERIE tongue

Thanks grin

1 Like

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by akinkudin: 9:12pm On Nov 09, 2016
Following..nice story

1 Like

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 11:00pm On Nov 09, 2016
Your Ralp is lipsrsealed wink lovely cover babe

2 Likes

Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by Leriebloom(f): 8:42am On Nov 10, 2016
bibijay123:
Your Ralp is lipsrsealed wink lovely cover babe

LOL grin Thanks
Re: Alarm #Nlwriters by iykekelvins(m): 9:17am On Nov 10, 2016
Started today and I'm loving every bit of it. Ride on babe.

See as u fine kiss U won marry? cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra / 10 Nigerian Authors Whose Books You Must Read This Year / Online Journalism For Writers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.