Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,742 members, 7,802,263 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen (27775 Views)

Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination / Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot / Pauline Tallen Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination Due To Her Sick Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by Vicadonis(m): 3:31pm On Oct 24, 2016
A former deputy governor of Plateau, Mrs Pauline Tallen, has said that she turned down her ambassadorial nomination in order to be fair to other parts of the state in terms of federal appointments.

Tallen, a former Minister of Science and Technology and Labour Party governorship candidate in Plateau in 2011, made this known in Abuja on Monday.

“I hail from the same local government and tribe with Gov. Simon Lalong. I turned down the nomination because of balancing of appointments; I don’t think it is right for me to accept the appointment.
“Secondly, proper consultation was not done, my governor was not consulted because I called him when he was in United States of America to ask but he said that he was not aware.
“For me, I was consulted and I turned down the appointment even before the announcement was made,” adding that “my husband’s ill-health is another reason why I will not accept the appointment.
Tallen said that Mr President gave her another option and also assured her that Plateau would not miss its two slots.
The former deputy governor, who appreciated President Muhammadu Buhari for the honour, said that her name was not included on the list of nominees and was surprised when the announcement was made.

She further said that her decline would not affect Plateau chances for the two slots as another name had already been submitted in her stead.
Meanwhile Gov. Simon Lalong has described Tallen’s decline as an exhibition of political maturity.
“Plateau is always on the front-burner when it comes to politics, that shows her maturity not just in Plateau but as a national figure.
“Once things are not done properly, it is better for a leader and a mother to come out and say that things are not done properly in the interest of the state.
“When I heard the announcement I was very shock because what happened was without proper consultation,” he said while interacting with newsmen in Abuja.

The governor said that his administration was working toward addressing the issue of balancing appointments, and pointed out that he had already discuss the issue with Mr President in their last meeting.
Lalong said that the opposition was already saying that the appointments were lopsided, but stressed his administration was a government of change and they would only do what would favour all sections of the state.
He appreciated Tallen for her decision, and assured the people that their quota would be filled and he would go further to ensure that distinguished sons and daughters of Plateau get more appointments.

https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/202947/rejected-ambassadorial-nomination-tallen

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by Vicadonis(m): 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2016
This kind of people still exist?

44 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 24, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef grin

Two things are involved; its either she doesn't like the politics of Buhari or she has other political ambitions shocked

But someone like Joshua Dariye would take everything..including positions like Senator, Ambassador and even Vice President at the same time shocked

Useless politicians

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by Funlordjnr: 5:30pm On Oct 24, 2016
Hmmm....integrity!

She is my past project supervisors elder sister so I'm not suprised!

In my university days even her brother professor tallen had the same traits! Their mama and papa born dem well!

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by ruthtope: 6:19pm On Oct 24, 2016
Okay
Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by guywitzerogal(m): 6:21pm On Oct 24, 2016
Thank u .....u don't wan to join the bad train

5 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by darocha1: 6:21pm On Oct 24, 2016
good

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by gurunlocker: 6:22pm On Oct 24, 2016
That's a rare Nigerian integrity

14 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by Haphard(m): 6:22pm On Oct 24, 2016
uprightness

5 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by Caliph69: 6:22pm On Oct 24, 2016
Or maybe she no like where she was posted.

Either way, nice of her.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by lordmayor4(m): 6:23pm On Oct 24, 2016
Good one
But your governor must not be consulted by the FG. That's giving undue advantage and right to them which is bad as the person nominated by the governor will be his stooge and under his control than under the FG that employed you.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by zanebaddo(m): 6:24pm On Oct 24, 2016
.how do i stop logging in on nairaland to read any political news? Anything nigerian politics irritates me to the bone marrow! Fucck this country!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by greatiyk4u(m): 6:24pm On Oct 24, 2016
God bless u ma if what you just wrote here is nothing but the truth

3 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by Halesh(m): 6:24pm On Oct 24, 2016
pls nominate me
Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by Eluwilussit(m): 6:24pm On Oct 24, 2016
Vicadonis:
This kind of people still exist?

That is what we need at the National level. Not the lopsided arrangement. Mrs Tallen for president! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by fatdick(m): 6:24pm On Oct 24, 2016
Maturity in display!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by muykem: 6:25pm On Oct 24, 2016
PDP supporters please note. People of high integrity still exist in APC.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:26pm On Oct 24, 2016
That's a good decision from her. Selfish interest must always be avoided. Kudos to you ma.

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by CR77(f): 6:26pm On Oct 24, 2016
Good
Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by sekundosekundo: 6:26pm On Oct 24, 2016
Good!

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by johntaiwo123(m): 6:26pm On Oct 24, 2016
K

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by ellovee(m): 6:27pm On Oct 24, 2016
[size=17pt]look at this Olodo Lalong talking about maturity as if he knows what maturity is all about.
The reason why he (Olodo Lalong) is saying these is because he s scared that he might loss his slot soon if Tallen had accepted the offer. [/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by josep40: 6:27pm On Oct 24, 2016
Wonderful woman
Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by Splashme: 6:28pm On Oct 24, 2016
[size=15pt]Gradually, Bubu's strong men are deserting him[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by amunkita(m): 6:28pm On Oct 24, 2016
Secondly, proper consultation was not done, my governor was not consulted because I called him when he was in United States of America to ask but he said that he was not aware

The above statement goes a long way to prove Aisha Buhari was right when she said most people who re appointed re in their houses sleeping nd they get called even without the ideology of the party...

God bless u madam...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by RentALodge: 6:28pm On Oct 24, 2016
We should, by now, be rid of this military fashion of making unilateral appointments over the media. In a civilized democracy such as we pretend to run, prospective appointees are sounded out privately before any publicity. It is time we stopped seeing public service appointments as favors of patronage which everyone would only be happy to jump at. So how do these appointments get made. You are not aware you are being selected only to have your name read on the media. No check on your background, whether you pay taxes, whether you are already committed etc.

I am moved by Mrs. Tallen's commitment to her family. It proves one thing: Family first. May her husband get healed. Truly you are a massive epitome of womanhood in humility and trust. You are a huge example of a virtuous woman, an African wife of note. This is a heart-rending story of commitment to relationship.

**If you are a student and you would like to work for RentALodge as a RentALodge contact in your school, see the signature for address. We are recruiting for all schools in Nigeria.**

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by lawdrigo: 6:28pm On Oct 24, 2016
God will bless you woman, you are a true daughter of integrity. Teach daura buharism how to be faithful with Nigerians..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by DBDaniel(m): 6:30pm On Oct 24, 2016
God Blessed you madam
Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by juman(m): 6:32pm On Oct 24, 2016
APC, the government of absolute cluelessness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen by farihafaheemah(m): 6:40pm On Oct 24, 2016
Caliph69:
Or maybe she no like where she was posted.

Either way, nice of her.
She was just a nominee, she hasn't been posted, so issue of dislike of where she posted is non isssue. Pls always appreciate good deeds

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bucknor–Akerele: Why Tinubu Is Always Having Problems With His Associates / APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council / Fg’s N5,000 Conditional Cash Transfer List Of 8 States READY!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.