Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Charcoal Export Fraud...beware - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Charcoal Export Fraud...beware (3974 Views)

I Have A 40feet Container Load Charcoal Export Deal / Beware Of 's Ponzi Scheme / Locally Made Gas/charcoal Oven For Smoking Fish And For Baking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charcoal Export Fraud...beware by cousins: 5:27pm On Oct 24, 2016
Good day All,

The export of charcoal in Nigeria is a very lucrative business but unfortunately this lucrative trade has been bastardized by some many unscrupulous elements among us. Initially, it was local suppliers supply substandard charcoal but most exporters either found a way to live with it or manage it.
However, in the last two seasons, the operation of a notorious criminal is rendering so many exporters stranded. And this operation has also been set into play for the next season and this is why I am writing this piece. My expectation is that someone will read it and save his capital or better still, people in the same situation can come forward and fight this thief till he regrets every single fraud he has committed in his life. The name of this criminal is Sam Basil, his email is srcgems@gmail.com and that of his cohort is livingstonesuntech@yahoo.com. If you have done business with this man this year and got paid, congratulations to you, you got lucky and maybe it was a bait but please remember some did not.

MODUS OPERANDI
Sam always poses as a broker of charcoal contract. He tells you of how he has a buyer in Dubai and buyer insists on making payment after inspection of charcoal supplied. He also charges you for an export contract sourcing fee which he pays to his local cohort in Nigeria.
After the charcoal has been delivered to Dubai, the first story is that the charcoal quality was bad and the customer did not like it and he has been scrambling to get another buyer for it. After a few days, he then informs you that your charcoal which was originally priced for $320/MT for CNF Dubai will now go for about $110-$150/MT. The reason given is either the quantity was short or the quality was bad.

MY FINDINGS
1. The contract presented to most Nigerian suppliers never originated from a real buyer in Dubai.
2. Sam deceives exporters into sending their charcoal to Dubai and therefore sells the charcoal to a buyer in Dubai.
3. In an effort to make abnormal profits, he defrauds the supplier by claiming either quantity or quality.
4. There are several other exporters who has suffered the same fate. I know atleast 3 of them. So please don't try and derail this post.

MY REQUEST
1. If you have suffered this scam in the hands of this man, I would appreciate to here from you. AM building a case with the EFCC against him. He might not be in Nigeria right now, but even Henry Okah went to jail in SA for a crime committed in Nigeria.

2. If you are an exporter or know an exporter of charcoal, please share with them as we step into another charcoal season. Don't be a victim.

This has to stop.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charcoal Export Fraud...beware by Ugoh11: 8:38pm On Oct 24, 2016
Abet cousins call me ASAP on zero eight one eight seven nine five two three two nine... please...
Re: Charcoal Export Fraud...beware by Dikachi12: 10:48pm On Oct 24, 2016
He defrauded me too sent two containers for him fr close to 3mnths now no payment.... He had gone mute since.... Plz I need dis guy to be apprehended ASAP with his cohorts .. Plz I want to be part of dis case
Re: Charcoal Export Fraud...beware by Ministerofinfo: 3:53pm On Oct 25, 2016
_
Re: Charcoal Export Fraud...beware by cousins: 6:14am On Oct 26, 2016
Please prepare all documentary evidence including contracts, B/L, invoices and emails. Will be communicating the next stips soon.
Re: Charcoal Export Fraud...beware by cousins: 9:03am On Oct 27, 2016
Please share so someone else doesn't get caught.

1 Like

Re: Charcoal Export Fraud...beware by tectonotimes: 7:35pm On Nov 07, 2016
cousins:
Good day All,

The export of charcoal in Nigeria is a very lucrative business but unfortunately this lucrative trade has been bastardized by some many unscrupulous elements among us. Initially, it was local suppliers supply substandard charcoal but most exporters either found a way to live with it or manage it.
However, in the last two seasons, the operation of a notorious criminal is rendering so many exporters stranded. And this operation has also been set into play for the next season and this is why I am writing this piece. My expectation is that someone will read it and save his capital or better still, people in the same situation can come forward and fight this thief till he regrets every single fraud he has committed in his life. The name of this criminal is Sam Basil, his email is srcgems@gmail.com and that of his cohort is livingstonesuntech@yahoo.com. If you have done business with this man this year and got paid, congratulations to you, you got lucky and maybe it was a bait but please remember some did not.

MODUS OPERANDI
Sam always poses as a broker of charcoal contract. He tells you of how he has a buyer in Dubai and buyer insists on making payment after inspection of charcoal supplied. He also charges you for an export contract sourcing fee which he pays to his local cohort in Nigeria.
After the charcoal has been delivered to Dubai, the first story is that the charcoal quality was bad and the customer did not like it and he has been scrambling to get another buyer for it. After a few days, he then informs you that your charcoal which was originally priced for $320/MT for CNF Dubai will now go for about $110-$150/MT. The reason given is either the quantity was short or the quality was bad.

MY FINDINGS
1. The contract presented to most Nigerian suppliers never originated from a real buyer in Dubai.
2. Sam deceives exporters into sending their charcoal to Dubai and therefore sells the charcoal to a buyer in Dubai.
3. In an effort to make abnormal profits, he defrauds the supplier by claiming either quantity or quality.
4. There are several other exporters who has suffered the same fate. I know atleast 3 of them. So please don't try and derail this post.

MY REQUEST
1. If you have suffered this scam in the hands of this man, I would appreciate to here from you. AM building a case with the EFCC against him. He might not be in Nigeria right now, but even Henry Okah went to jail in SA for a crime committed in Nigeria.

2. If you are an exporter or know an exporter of charcoal, please share with them as we step into another charcoal season. Don't be a victim.

This has to stop.

We have always explained this to budding exporters. It is glaring that many exporters have been defrauded in the process of exporting goods to other countries owing to the fact that they do not have adequate training on export operations, export management, export documentations and methods of payment is export business. The link below is a compilation on all the steps exporters should follow from the point of packaging the goods they intend to export to the point of payment. To read it, click:
http://www.tectono-business.com/2016/02/contemporary-step-by-step-guide-to.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charcoal Export Fraud...beware by cousins: 8:15pm On Nov 24, 2016
So I got a mail from Samuel requesting for a letter of acceptance and a letter of apology. The letter of acceptance is to say I accept $2,500 as the final settlement of the container shipped to him and a letter of apology for this post.

My dear Sam, you owe me $5000 and you won't pay a penny short of that.

[11/22, 10:54] ‪+264 81 876 1303‬: The truth of the mater is there is no way you can avoid me unless you want to stop charcoal export
[11/22, 10:54] ‪+264 81 876 1303‬: Am everywhere Patrick and even know your other supplies arrangement
[11/22, 10:54] patrick: I don't wnt to avoid you
[11/22, 10:55] patrick: Lol
[11/22, 10:55] ‪+264 81 876 1303‬: You are better off my friend than my enemy...i am just a biz man
[11/22, 10:55] patrick: Joker
[11/22, 10:55] ‪+264 81 876 1303‬: I will shock u

The effrontery to say this kind of things is amazing. Its time to stand up against these kind of idiots.

Like I have said to you Sam, just look out. Even if it takes a thousand years, you will pay me what you owe and you will pay complete. I can guarantee you that.

For those that have also been caught by this scam, you have a choice to make either bring this thief to his knees or just take the 2500 and forget you got scammed.

Spread the news. Don't get caught.
Re: Charcoal Export Fraud...beware by oluwasao: 10:21pm On Dec 13, 2016
Cousins, this guy scammed us too! Almost exactly the same way. I've sent you an email request so we can discuss how to get this fraudster.

1 Like

Re: Charcoal Export Fraud...beware by Arvinkris(m): 7:31am On Dec 14, 2016
This is bad.
Re: Charcoal Export Fraud...beware by techcloud(m): 6:34am On Dec 24, 2016
This is really bad.
Re: Charcoal Export Fraud...beware by oluwasao: 10:42am On Jan 08, 2017
cousins:
So I got a mail from Samuel requesting for a letter of acceptance and a letter of apology. The letter of acceptance is to say I accept $2,500 as the final settlement of the container shipped to him and a letter of apology for this post.

My dear Sam, you owe me $5000 and you won't pay a penny short of that.

[11/22, 10:54] ‪+264 81 876 1303‬: The truth of the mater is there is no way you can avoid me unless you want to stop charcoal export
[11/22, 10:54] ‪+264 81 876 1303‬: Am everywhere Patrick and even know your other supplies arrangement
[11/22, 10:54] patrick: I don't wnt to avoid you
[11/22, 10:55] patrick: Lol
[11/22, 10:55] ‪+264 81 876 1303‬: You are better off my friend than my enemy...i am just a biz man
[11/22, 10:55] patrick: Joker
[11/22, 10:55] ‪+264 81 876 1303‬: I will shock u

The effrontery to say this kind of things is amazing. Its time to stand up against these kind of idiots.

Like I have said to you Sam, just look out. Even if it takes a thousand years, you will pay me what you owe and you will pay complete. I can guarantee you that.

For those that have also been caught by this scam, you have a choice to make either bring this thief to his knees or just take the 2500 and forget you got scammed.

Spread the news. Don't get caught.

Hi Cousins, I really need to contact you. I sent you an email request on Nairaland but you didn't reply. Kindly send me an email at lekibaba@gmail.com. We might be able to help each other. And if it is evidence that you need here is some

June last year
"Hello Leke

How are you today? Payment is yet to leave so you wouldn't have received, however it will leave before the end of next week. i am endlessly seeing to this

thanks for your understanding

Regards
Sam Basil"

August(last time he sent an email)
"My apologies for the late response. I was trying to pass the message across to Leke but thought I Inform you formally by mail.

We don't have any reason to have you further delayed on this payment but sadly was struck by series of events happening g our cash flow and bank credit line.

However I wish to formally request you have us in your debit account until the end of this month to enable us get expected inflows to send you this payments

Actually, it's a usual drag at this time of the year but normal biz will resume again in September.

Feel free to ask anything you need clarify for this is an acknowledged debts and we utmost wish to get it cleared and we proceed with something else

Regards
Sam Basil "

We have a whats app exchange where he said he would pay last week"

Please do send me the email. Again it is lekibaba@gmail.com
Re: Charcoal Export Fraud...beware by oluwasao: 7:40pm On Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone been able to apprehend this Sam Basil thief
Re: Charcoal Export Fraud...beware by Ossysamsy(m): 2:00pm On Nov 07, 2017
cousins:
Good day All,

MODUS OPERANDI

MY FINDINGS

MY REQUEST

This has to stop.
Have you heard this? Many Nigerian exporters have been defrauded of huge amount of money in the process of exporting commodities to foreign countries. Do you know why? They were not trained on export operations, management, documentations and the best methods of payment in export trade. This is terrible!!! Nigerians cannot continue to lose money to foreigners in the course of export business. Exporters, why don’t you get a practical manual that teaches the stages of export trade from processing and packaging of commodities to receipt of payment by the foreign buyers. It teaches export operations, export management, export documentations and methods of payment in export trade? It is a contemporary step-by-step guide to export trade. It tells all the contemporary dynamics in export trade. To get it, click on the link below:
http://www.tectono-business.com/2016/02/contemporary-step-by-step-guide-to.html

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Manage Farm From Abroad? / Multipurpose Tractors For Cultivating, Planting & Harvesting / Buy Hybrid Water Melon And Cucumber Seeds For Sale In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.