Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,938 members, 7,806,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Yemi Alade Shades Buhari’s ‘the Other Room’ Remarks While Receiving MAMA Award - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yemi Alade Shades Buhari’s ‘the Other Room’ Remarks While Receiving MAMA Award (399 Views)

Davido Ends Rivalry ‘with Wizkid’ While Receiving Award At Future Awards Africa / Don Jazzy Tells Linda Ikeji "I See You Are In The Other Room" / Yemi Alade Shades Buhari On Stage At The MAMA Awards (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yemi Alade Shades Buhari’s ‘the Other Room’ Remarks While Receiving MAMA Award by gbase12: 5:34pm On Oct 24, 2016
Popular Nigerian music star, Yemi Alade made history at the 2016 MTV Africa Music Awards (MAMA) 2016 staged in the South African city of Johannesburg by becoming the first African female act to win the coveted Best Female Act category back-to-back (2015 & 2016).

But the ‘Johhny crooner’ who emerged winner in the Best Female Act category which included other stellar acts like sensational singer Tiwa Savage, and other African talents like Josey (Ivory Coast), Mz Vee (Ghana) and Vanessa Mdee (Tanzania) didn’t spare her President (Buhari) when she took a swipe at his ‘the other room’ comments which sparked controversy back home.

Read also: Kemi Olunloyo ‘attacks’ Linda Ikeji again, says she is ‘nobody’

Speaking while she mounted the stage to collect her Best Female Act award with her mum Yemi Alade said; “Thank you very much; when I won the Best Female Act last year, I couldn’t believe it, and today here I am.

“Every single is a hit back-to-back. It is a beautiful time to be a woman right now and I’d like to thank MTV for this opportunity, nominating me as the Best Female Act of the Year for the second year running and deeming me fit to cart home the award on two occasions.

“I’d like to thank Jehovah, my team, my boss and the whole of Africa. And women, don’t forget, we are not only good in the kitchen, good in the living room and also good in the ‘other room’. We are good at whatever we set out to do.” She noted.
http://grovbase.com/2016/10/24/yemi-alade-shades-buharis-the-other-room-remarks-while-receiving-mama-award/

Re: Yemi Alade Shades Buhari’s ‘the Other Room’ Remarks While Receiving MAMA Award by sholay2011(m): 6:03pm On Oct 24, 2016
Okay.

(1) (Reply)

The Whole Mtv Awards Wizkid Vs Linda Ikeji Battle Was Just A Publicity Stunt / Lagos State Police Command Arrests 17 Police Oficers In Lagos. / RADORAISE_FT_OBAFLOW:-SWAG Prod. By 3G.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.