Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Random "Horror" Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Random "Horror" Story (548 Views)

Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) / Horror In Two Sentences.. / They Are Coming(a Short Horror Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Random "Horror" Story by jetcarter(m): 7:20pm On Oct 24, 2016
So guys here's my sad attempt at a zombie story. I'm just a guy who writes for fun. Your comments and criticism would be highly appreciated. Thanks for reading.
Re: Random "Horror" Story by jetcarter(m): 7:21pm On Oct 24, 2016
I'm a very unathletic person. I was always the last person to get picked when we were playing football. Even climbing a flight of stairs often left me breathless. And despite my small frame I'm a very slow runner. But I guess all I really needed was the right kind of motivation. In this case the motivation came in the form of my dead friends chasing after me to feast on my flesh.
My sides started burning after about 80 meters. At 200 meters I was out of breath and struggling to keep ahead of the corpses. Good thing they weren't running or I'd be dead. In other circumstances I'd have stopped and maybe collapsed on the floor panting and out of breath but dying wasn't on my agenda for today. I needed to put some distance between the zombies and I. No cars had passed by since the accident. The moans of my dead friends forced me to run faster. Every muscle in my body screamed in agony. Tears streamed down my face and snot ran down my nose to my chin. Whenever it seemed like the gap was widening I seemed to slow down and they were barely 20 meters behind.. I knew sooner or later i'd tire out and they'd descend on me.. Despite not being very religious I begged God to save me. I made many promises I would surely break if I we're to survive. I muttered my prayers. Death was behind me and closing in.
Re: Random "Horror" Story by jetcarter(m): 11:19pm On Oct 24, 2016
Comments and feedback will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Random "Horror" Story by akinkudin: 1:25am On Oct 25, 2016
Very few people if any were perfectly coherent in their first attempts of speech. Have fun with your story & find your voice (see me sounding like I'm some literary genius..lol)
Re: Random "Horror" Story by jetcarter(m): 2:30am On Oct 26, 2016
My sides were burning and my vision was starting to dim. The zombies were so close I could smell their fetid breath and even though they've only been dead for a few hours I could still perceive the sweet sickly smell of rot, They were so close I could hear the gnashing of their teeth. But hope lay ahead. A bright light (cliche as Bleep right).
Never in my life have I ever been happy to see the police. I've always been law abiding but I have that natural hatred for cops every nigerian bore. That is until that moment. I could make out their "black maria" in the distance illuminated by their fire. With newfound energy I began to sprint towards them.
"help!" I screamed waving my arms around.
"help me.. They want to kill me" I yelled as I approached them.. I had to make sure they knew I was the one in danger so they wouldn't shoot me.
"hold it there" one of them growled cocking his gun. I ran past him towards the other two policemen basically collapsing into their arms. Their uniforms stank of sweat and something that smelled like mosquito coils. It assaulted my nostrils almost as much as the smell of the zombies. They shuffled into view each of them making that dreadful moan and gnashing their teeth with their arms outstretched in front of them. In the flickering light I I could make out their blank inhuman expressions.. Hours ago these things had once been my friends. They had hopes and goals and dreams. But their gone. Replaced by ravenous beasts. Evil wearing the skin of my friends.
" stop there" the first officer called out to them.
"wetin dey do them". The officer closest to me asked.
I took in another deep breath before answering.
"craze people.. They killed someone right in front of me... We had an accident.. They were all dead.. They're zombies". I blurted out panting heavily..i was incoherent and tried to breathe slowly and calm myself down. He probably didn't understand me at all. Hell I didn't even make sense to myself. Every inch of my body protested in pain. But I was not out of harms way yet.
The sharp bark of gunfire prevented me from saying anything more.
I flinched and crouched next to the black maria as the policemen shot at the zombies.
" Jesus Christ!" the officer next to me yelled and cocked his gun running to assist his partner the third officer watched in horror as the zombies were pumped with bullets but refused to go down. Black blood oozed out of the bullet wounds but they didn't relent.

(1) (Reply)

My Dream Man / Soyinka Returning To Nigeria To Tear US Green Card (photo) / Trump’s Victory: I’ll Tear My Green Card On January 20, Says Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.