Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme (807617 Views)

2019 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Recruitment - Assessment Centre Notification / Recruitment For FirstBank Graduate Trainee Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by BigDealz: 7:03pm On Sep 01, 2017
In other news, Nigeria defeated Cameroon by 4 goals to Nil. If Nigeria can, then we all can. #StayPositive #SayNoToHaters #Congratulations everyone. Good evening

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayoor15(m): 7:14pm On Sep 01, 2017
mayorchelsea:
True that we should learn to create jobs by pursuing our dreams but you applied for this job too na?Is it now that you realised this?And as for the negativity embedded in your posts about somebody failing at trainee school or making mistakes with anyone's medical,I surely know that God is in control and bigger than any evil thought of man.You don't need that negativity bro.Has it ever occured to you that some people even after setting up their own business won't resign/quit mainly because they are career oriented?
We apply for jobs for different reasons bro get that right, like I tell people, until you serve you don't know what it means to lead and to be served. See our problem in Africa is we let spirituality cloud our judgements and take us away from realities, everything is not negativity and everything is not about one village woman running after you, God, God, God, why didn't you sit at home and expect God to give you the job without doing test or AC, it's only a black man that expect miracles to occur, like getting rich suddenly without wanting to work for money, you create your miracles bro, let leave GOD alone, am a Christian, a strong believer in God's principles but my faith doesn't stop me from looking at things realistically.....I only gave clean cut scenarios about why some drop out of TS, there was this guy that lost out despite the fact he was one of the top 3 in his training class cos he had D7 in maths, when he had opportunities to rewrite the exam, am sure he told himself, am an art student I don't need it, my God will make a way for me etc. Am not envious of those that have done their medicals and documentation cos am even busy now and going 3 months away will be tough, all am saying is, let stop spreading false rumors, creating fear and panic around and just a piece of advice, don't see this as an end already cos the road is just starting, see if you have an average of 69.9% score in TS, no one needs to tell you what it means...

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayoor15(m): 7:19pm On Sep 01, 2017
BigDealz:
In other news, Nigeria defeated Cameroon by 4 goals to Nil. If Nigeria can, then we all can. #StayPositive #SayNoToHaters #Congratulations everyone. Good evening
One match I enjoyed so much, South Africans were lucky sha, but we march on, we are going to Cameroon to pick up our world Cup ticket on Monday BUT they better work towards it by playing well not hoping on one God's grace
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Joyintwos(m): 7:25pm On Sep 01, 2017
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Tigris007: 7:40pm On Sep 01, 2017
Joyintwos:
Please let's all move on from this issue. Haven't done AC, haven't gotten documentation mail, through with documentation and medicals, missed the documentation and medicals, already working with FBN, whatever category we fall, let's keep hope alive and still look out for other/better opportunities. IMPOSSIBLE is nothing and nobody can AUTHORITATIVELY state what FBN will do or how they will do it, anything can happen to anyone on any of the categories (I wish everyone good).

Let's stay put for genuine information and updates, if possible let's do away with RELIABLE SOURCE, it seems to cause more rancour, no matter how reliable your source is, their information may be correct but it can change with time and tide, if something is true, we will all eventually know. Thanks.

Two are better than one for they have a good reward for their labour....Joyintwos cool

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 01, 2017
Tigris007:

cool
Try calling the numbers for your location..hear what they have to say....cheers

I have called one said I should call him back tomorrow, while the other one was so hostile and said I should call her during working hours. The mail entered my spam folder and I didn't see it till today. Any advice on what to do please. @cloud9usher @brownsucre @mayor14 abeg I need help poo. Those with reliable sources should please reach out. A brother needs help.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Joyintwos(m): 8:50pm On Sep 01, 2017
ezzo09:

I have called one said I should call him back tomorrow, while the other one was so hostile and said I should call her during working hours. The mail entered my spam folder and I didn't see it till today. Any advice on what to do please. @cloud9usher @brownsucre @mayor14 abeg I need help poo. Those with reliable sources should please reach out. A brother needs help.
Call them back, call the first one tomorrow, what he/she says will determine whether you will call the other on Tuesday. Keep hope alive, don't let the harshness deter you o.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Gaxx01(m): 10:03pm On Sep 01, 2017
Jaykizz:

I just sent you a PM. Kindly respond.
How far? Were you called for documentation?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Trentemoller: 10:54pm On Sep 01, 2017
I think It's actually very lame to slate the @Tigris007 guy when he clearly only just conveyed information from an HCP official as he said. Why didn't we slate the man that predicted 200-250 people will be selected among the 2,500 invited for AC because it was a negative view too? The HCP person and the guy have said their own and we've learnt before that HCP officials don't have the ultimate word on this recruitment so I'd have dismissed the information if I was at this stage but I've not even been invited for AC. I've been following this forum for a long time and I just figured how things work around here a while ago. So many of you have provided heck loads of important information on this forum. Props to you guys. I wish everyone the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by noceedy4real: 11:39pm On Sep 01, 2017
I have not gotten documentation mail, ofcourse if i have gotten, i would be happy.... Tigris007 a word of advice, smileys are not suitable for some kind of writeups, they made your write up appear as if you were mocking those that have not gotten success mail...either way, i wasnt there when hcp/fbn staff told you whatever...
For the fact that some peeps are yet to receive AC mail, cloud9ster might be right....just like in soccer, its not over till FT...

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Tigris007: 12:17am On Sep 02, 2017
noceedy4real:
I have not gotten documentation mail, ofcourse if i have gotten, i would be happy.... Tigris007 a word of advice, smileys are not suitable for some kind of writeups, they made your write up appear as if you were mocking those that have not gotten success mail...either way, i wasnt there when hcp/fbn staff told you whatever...
For the fact that some peeps are yet to receive AC mail, cloud9ster might be right....just like in soccer, its not over till FT...
I'm quite glad you pointed this out as I seemed to have observed such... I smile before I make comment, even as far back as I started commenting on on this thread. I specifically stated that it was "observations" even repeating it in my mother-tongue"observations nii ooo"....but my fellow nigerians saw what was not said and did what should not be done.

Maturity in anything is key, ...some of us here abused a so-called browns sucre as being okpanwu and guys were laughing him here (okpanwu) because he didn't make the next stage and he seemed to be causing a distraction to us.....I felt for that moniker that day....just check some threads back you'll see....I didn't even mock anyone, yet tried consoling and my fellow nigerians read what was not written....its sad...really sad....though I understand. cool
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Tigris007: 12:25am On Sep 02, 2017
noceedy4real:

For the sake of God why would you associate a smiley with mockery?....I'm not directing the question at you bro....it just baffles me, honestly.

And also, until we add insults, read insults, interprete words as insults we cannot discuss rationally!!!
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayoor15(m): 12:35am On Sep 02, 2017
And today is Saturday, 2nd September 2017, can we let the past go and move on

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mcpat(m): 3:00am On Sep 02, 2017
mayoor15:
And today is Saturday, 2nd September 2017, can we let the past go and move on

Truth is that people only believe whatever makes them sleep at night. Just unfollow and rest.

That offer go soon show brozay, Happy new Month

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mrdankonxept: 6:43am On Sep 02, 2017
cloud9usher:

Go to any INEC local government headquarters and get your TVC, it wouldn't take time and you'd get it printed out to you and laminated.

Someone said that during documentation, although NIMC slip was later accepted, the assessors were frowning at NIMC slip being used by some people as only ID card due to the fact that the NIN slip doesn't have your date of birth on it, so better get a TVC as well which has a date of birth on it.

I never had issue with mine,
Since I had my birth certificate, the guy only said I'd need a sworn affidavit to support my church issued cert.

And I told that as at then my church doesn't encourage use of hospital and the have a small maternity at all mission homes where they take delivery, and DT was it.

Watin for to be invited for training,. TO GOD BE THE GLORY
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mrdankonxept: 6:52am On Sep 02, 2017
I never had issue with NIMC ,
Since I had my birth certificate, the guy only said I'd need a sworn affidavit to support my church issued cert.

And I told that as at then my church doesn't encourage use of hospital and the have a small maternity at all mission homes where they take delivery, and DT was it.

Watin for to be invited for training,. TO GOD BE THE GLORY
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Chandeliers: 8:23am On Sep 02, 2017
May I point it out again that this isn't a competition... We might keep saying life is a race, but then, keep to your separate tracks... We all know how these system works... A good number of us didn't eventually study at that 'dream university', now we're proud of where we graduated from...
BTW, I haven't gotten a documentation mail, E pain me... yet, I won't give up in adding value to myself till the right one shows up... Congrats to those that got the mail...AND THOSE OF US THAT ARE YET TO GET
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayoor15(m): 9:29am On Sep 02, 2017
mcpat:

Truth is that people only believe whatever makes them sleep at night. Just unfollow and rest.

That offer go soon show brozay, Happy new Month
Happy New Month Boss
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Jaykizz(m): 12:37pm On Sep 02, 2017
Gaxx01:
How far? Were you called for documentation?
Yes I was.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Jaykizz(m): 12:47pm On Sep 02, 2017
ezzo09:

I empathize with you bro, because I know you might be a bit disappointed now and you are one of the very active guys on this thread. But you must continue believing and try your best to be very close to the FBN Academy once work resumes on Tuesday so as to lay a complaint.
At this point, you have everything to loose by not trying, but there is a glimmer of hope by going there physically on Tuesday even if you get negative comments from those HCP and FBN guys you called.
NB: Please be formally dressed and take all necessary documents and photocopies + white background passports along with you. I wish you the very best bro. May God favour us all.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Gaxx01(m): 2:35pm On Sep 02, 2017
Jaykizz:

Yes I was.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 02, 2017
Is anybody going for documentation on Tuesday? Please if you are or know anybody please kindly reach out. Thanks.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by brownsucre1: 8:38pm On Sep 02, 2017
Careful guys, do not let d anonymity this platform provides fool u,life does not end on nairaland or first bank.

@ezzo09 if u got that mail it means they shortlisted u. I'm going to say this in simple words,u ve to act fast! Go to marina first thing Tuesday, at d reception tell dem it's official or interview, dat u re going to HCMD on 7th floor .when u go up at d reception ask for temilola. Explain. What happened, if needed add salt to taste buy don't be caught in it.U ve to be proactive and employers love such.it's a risk as u ve no appointment but u got nothing to loose.U ve to try,whatever d outcome at least u ve closure rather than wondering if there's something u could ve done. All d best

Not marina branch but d head office

4 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 02, 2017
brownsucre1:

Careful guys, do not let d anonymity this platform provides fool u,life does not end on nairaland or first bank.

@ezzo09 if u got that mail it means they shortlisted u. I'm going to say this in simple words,u ve to act fast! Go to marina first thing Tuesday, at d reception tell dem it's official or interview, dat u re going to HCMD on 7th floor .when u go up at d reception ask for temilola. Explain. What happened, if needed add salt to taste buy don't be caught in it.U ve to be proactive and employers love such.it's a risk as u ve no appointment but u got nothing to loose.U ve to try,whatever d outcome at least u ve closure rather than wondering if there's something u could ve done. All d best

Thanks bro @brownsucre1. Will do just that.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 02, 2017
Jaykizz:

I empathize with you bro, because I know you might be a bit disappointed now and you are one of the very active guys on this thread. But you must continue believing and try your best to be very close to the FBN Academy once work resumes on Tuesday so as to lay a complaint.
At this point, you have everything to loose by not trying, but there is a glimmer of hope by going there physically on Tuesday even if you get negative comments from those HCP and FBN guys you called.
NB: Please be formally dressed and take all necessary documents and photocopies + white background passports along with you. I wish you the very best bro. May God favour us all.

Thanks man. Now the worry is First Academy or head office? Because HCMD's office is in head office but the venue for the documentation was first academy! I don't know if they will be there on Tuesday.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by shola87(f): 11:41pm On Sep 02, 2017
brownsucre1:

Is this not the same guy who had a "reliable source " (probably temilola of HCMD) of TS being next year?
ezze09 continue to reach out to the numbers attached to the mail sent to you and try to show up @first academy iganmu on Tuesday with adequate proof of the mail receipt.
Someone already mentioned earlier that some people were not screened cos their names didn't enter the registration list.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by brownsucre1: 6:47am On Sep 03, 2017
ezzo09:

Thanks man. Now the worry is First Academy or head office? Because HCMD's office is in head office but the venue for the documentation was first academy! I don't know if they will be there on Tuesday.

No worries, head to first academy first to see if anything is going on there, if not u proceed to d head office. Hang at d academy till 9/10am and ensure u ve everything

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by brownsucre1: 7:15am On Sep 03, 2017
shola87:

Is this not the same guy who had a "reliable source " (probably temilola of HCMD) of TS being next year?
ezze09 continue to reach out to the numbers attached to the mail sent to you and try to show up @first academy iganmu on Tuesday with adequate proof of the mail receipt.
Someone already mentioned earlier that some people were not screened cos their names didn't enter the registration list.

@shola87 I'm very sorry u didn't get d success mail,cos if u had u would ve seen th contact persons for lagos and I chose temilola cos dats a lady and might be more sympathetic. Just hang in there shola God is still able no matter how long it takes
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 03, 2017
brownsucre1:

No worries, head to first academy first to see if anything is going on there, if not u proceed to d head office. Hang at d academy till 9/10am and ensure u ve everything

Guy thanks. I hope it all ends well for all of us.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Jaykizz(m): 11:32am On Sep 03, 2017
ezzo09:

I think you should go to the academy at Iganmu. There would be people with similar cases to yours. If nothing happens at Iganmu, then you can try Marina.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nchabuomo: 12:07pm On Sep 03, 2017
ezzo09:

Before going anywhere first reply the mail they sent you! That's what you should have done as soon as you saw the mail! Cc the HR person you want to see if it's Lagos you want to go to. Then head out to the place by Tuesday. Good luck.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Iamabraham(m): 2:19pm On Sep 03, 2017
Good afternoon, everybody. I hope our day has been good. Let me use this medium to appreciate the frequent contributors on this thread, you guys are doing a great job. Let me also congratulate all those that have done their documentation and medicals. I also greet those awaiting mail for documentation and AC, the mail will certainly come I believe. Don't lose hope, you've been strong thus far, you only need to be stronger. I believe you will be called in due season. Please, don't pause your life because of this; march on and forge ahead.

To those awaiting invitation for TS, I have been contacting some persons who have passed through the academy, and here is what one them sent me.

I also asked him to lend his advice to ezzo09 on his missed documentation.

" Trust you had a nice sallah break.
I just hope I will be able to attand to all your questions.

I was part of the last set of graduate Trainees, in fact, I was one of the set Governors. TS is one of the best experiences you will experience. Of course, you will be drilled, so get ready for the stress and all.

There are no weekend lectures except on Saturdays if need be. You don't need any materials, everything will be provided for you. You just need to come with your personal belongings. Regardless of your discipline, be rest assured you will catch up. So don't panic, even if you studied theatre art.
There are a lot of activities lined up for you guys during the course of your stay at TS.

Unfornutalely, accommodation considerations is been given priority to up country Trainees, that's this outside Lagos.

Please, inform your colleague that missed out on the documentation to call/send a mail and s/he will be rescheduled. First Bank is very considerate when it comes to issues  asuch.

About the pay, I would suggest you guys don't pur your mind about money alone. Career growth and development is also key. The opportunities and experience I have as a First banker can not be compared to most organizations. Mind you, you will be working with a multinational organisation here, so weigh your options. 
There are no restrictions at the TS per say, except if you want to travel. Then you will need to officially take permission.

The courses offered ranges from Financial accounting, Customer sentric courses, Treasury, presentations, role play, Basic credit for beginners, among others. The facilitators are the best hands, so trust me you need not panic. You will be assessed periodically, cut off mark is 75% in every course! No jokes here!!!
Other side attractions like sports, swimming, BBQ..are also included to make your stay memorable. So feel free and enjoy  yourselves while offer last.
"

To those awaiting mails for AC and Documentation, I say: Don't lose heart, stay hopeful and 'alive'.

To those awaiting mails for TS, I say: Don't relent, the journey is just starting.

God bless us all.

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (224) (Reply)

Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 / Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True? / Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.