Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme (808103 Views)

2019 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Recruitment - Assessment Centre Notification / Recruitment For FirstBank Graduate Trainee Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by RAY12345(m): 4:49am On Nov 16, 2017
Iamabraham:
Good morning everyone. We're presently having our tea break. The lectures are progressing, 4 down, 31 to go. We'll soon be having our elections. Electoral committee already constituted. The facilitators are top-notched.

Some guys (from the jan08 batch) joined this morning. They received invite yesterday. This, I believe, is to 'fill in the gap' for those that weren't around. So, I believe FBN is organized and have a plan in place for everyone (the AC awaitees inclusive).

Got to go now. With love from us all @ the FS.
Thanks father Abraham for the updates.
Rgds

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by BigDealz: 7:32am On Nov 16, 2017
Scented:

Cloud9usher I doff my hat for your crisp and succinct play of words, all coming out in the right context and not out of place. Being a lover of words myself I just upgraded my vocabulary from your comment.

I hope you have a good diction as well? Listening to a man with some eloquent diction and robust vocabulary makes me weak to the knells, butterflies in my stomach, Lol, silly me. Talk about coming home from a stressful day at work and meeting such a man talk to you is every ladies' dream. Don't mind my rhetoric though, I'm just 'freestyling' here.

Now to the issue at hand, Iganmu is going fine so far, but I know the stress is coming, my former job was a learn on the job thing so this is my first time being in a training school, I'm just saying to myself things would go smoothly, and I hope so.

The food here is great! Should I say that again? THE FOOD IS GREAT!!!

I thought the guys who made it to Iganmu would be so serious minded, but its just day 3 and these dudes are already directly or indirectly 'toasting' girls like we came for Big brother Africa show or something, smiley Lol. Its fun here at the moment though. Making friends and all.

More updates as things unfold.

Hahaaa... Ladies ehnnn... Now you would be forming serious... 30 knocking soon... You better hook one of those gainfully employed young men.

But boys are not smiling ooo... Haha, just 3 days and you're already falling in love... Hehehe... 3 months much shaaa... Lmaooo grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayorchelsea(m): 9:18am On Nov 16, 2017
Scented:

Cloud9usher I doff my hat for your crisp and succinct play of words, all coming out in the right context and not out of place. Being a lover of words myself I just upgraded my vocabulary from your comment.

I hope you have a good diction as well? Listening to a man with some eloquent diction and robust vocabulary makes me weak to the knells, butterflies in my stomach, Lol, silly me. Talk about coming home from a stressful day at work and meeting such a man talk to you is every ladies' dream. Don't mind my rhetoric though, I'm just 'freestyling' here.

Now to the issue at hand, Iganmu is going fine so far, but I know the stress is coming, my former job was a learn on the job thing so this is my first time being in a training school, I'm just saying to myself things would go smoothly, and I hope so.

The food here is great! Should I say that again? THE FOOD IS GREAT!!!

I thought the guys who made it to Iganmu would be so serious minded, but its just day 3 and these dudes are already directly or indirectly 'toasting' girls like we came for Big brother Africa show or something, smiley Lol. Its fun here at the moment though. Making friends and all.

More updates as things unfold.
This is great to hear and thank you for revealing your achilles heel.Some of those guys want to go home with a double package;a girl to marry and a good job.A lot has been said about the food.Thank you for the update.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by winny92: 11:04am On Nov 16, 2017
mayorchelsea:
This is great to hear and thank you for revealing your achilles heel.Some of those guys want to go home with a double package;a girl to marry and a good job.A lot has been said about the food.Thank you for the update.
Hahahahahahaha.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Heartbeat01: 4:43am On Nov 17, 2017
Scented:

You mean the ladies are strategically positioning themselves for you to see and "toast"? If you think you saw the lady first, think again grin
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Bamibor: 10:17am On Nov 17, 2017
Heartbeat01:

You mean the ladies are strategically positioning themselves for you to see and "toast"? If you think you saw the lady first, think again grin

Abeg enough of the toasting vibes jare...we don try. Make una try give us beta gist. Classes don resume fully? Wetin dem dey teach una? Shey Na wetin everybody fit grab no mata d background? Na the kain gist me I want now be dat.

That being said, I had to try to bring us back from our sudden fixation on the flirtatious wink...and enjoyment of the obviously admirable (though sometimes mentally exerting angry) grandiloquence of our own dear cloud9usher. All the best to those in TS, try to strike a healthy balance.
And for those awaiting AC, you need a good balance of hope, faith and patience too.
For those already slated for January 8, what we need is a balanced preparation; our lives are apparently about to change in many different ways.

Cheers and happy weekend to all smiley

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by ephpremvl: 10:18am On Nov 17, 2017
Hello TS guys,

Please,what we need right now is information that can help those that have done Medicals/documentation and are yet to be called,those that have done AC yet to be called,those yet to be called for AC etc,etc to cool down our temper.

All the information about food,babes,toasting etc in my view is not necessary.These are distractions,am sure that is not what took you there.

5 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Meyire: 10:44am On Nov 17, 2017
Goodday Nairalanders,

My core responsibility is placing candidates in roles that are a perfect fit for them.

That being said, I am a recruiter at Productive People and I have had a lot of success in recruitment. This spans across every sector of the economy.

Presently, there are many roles I’m recruiting for my client right now especially in the hospitality sector and for entry level candidates.

You can send your CVs to risikat.amedu@productivepeople.org and I will help you secure your dream job FOC.

For further inquiries, you can call 01-2934405.

Have a lovely day ahead.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by misterEli: 11:59am On Nov 17, 2017
Hi guys,
Congratulations to everyone. I sincerely do pray I'm not making a mistake by not accepting this offer. I'm currently working with Diamond bank as a full staff and I really wanted to join fbn. But everyone in the world has called me nuts for wanting to leave 'employment to unemployment' - as they termed it.
I will just drop my two cents advice to all those in training school.
Don't rejoice yet, people fail training schools, and it's not because they are dull but because of factors such as Lagos struggle (was leaving my house 4am everyday and getting home by 8pm), grasping banking concepts and terms (especially if you have a science background) etc.
study hard as if your life depends on it guys, don't do any other thing when you get home. Just eat, read and sleep. BUY cooked food if you have to. Save the energy for your studies. And take Basic, and financial statement accounting seriously. That course was what sent the 11 persons who failed in my set home.
wish you all the best.
Hope to join you guys some day as an experienced hire if indeed God chooses banking as my career path.
God bless you all

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayorchelsea(m): 12:07pm On Nov 17, 2017
Meyire:
Goodday Nairalanders,

My core responsibility is placing candidates in roles that are a perfect fit for them.

That being said, I am a recruiter at Productive People and I have had a lot of success in recruitment. This spans across every sector of the economy.

Presently, there are many roles I’m recruiting for my client right now especially in the hospitality sector and for entry level candidates.

You can send your CVs to risikat.amedu@productivepeople.org and I will help you secure your dream job FOC.

For further inquiries, you can call 01-2934405.

Have a lovely day ahead.
I once had a phone interview with your firm. A certain guy called Michael called me and after the whole talk(interview) on phone,he said,"welcome to productive people".I was so glad and kept on saying thank you repeatedly after he made a promise to get back to me and said I could call him on the number he called me with.Didn't hear from him for a while and when I eventually called,he went contrary to what he said before.All that is history as God has done a bigger thing.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayorchelsea(m): 12:16pm On Nov 17, 2017
misterEli:
Hi guys,
Congratulations to everyone. I sincerely do pray I'm not making a mistake by not accepting this offer. I'm currently working with Diamond bank as a full staff and I really wanted to join fbn. But everyone in the world has called me nuts for wanting to leave 'employment to unemployment' - as they termed it.
Don't rejoice yet, people fail training schools, and it's not because they are dull but because of factors such as Lagos struggle (was leaving my house 4am everyday and getting home by 8pm), grasping banking concepts and terms (especially if you have a science background) etc.
study hard as if your life depends on it guys, don't do any other thing when you get home. Just eat, read and sleep. BUY cooked food if you have to. Save the energy for your studies. And take Basic, and financial statement accounting seriously. That course was what sent the 11 persons who failed in my set home.
wish you all the best.
Hope to join you guys some day as an experienced hire if indeed God chooses banking as my career path.
God bless you all
For science oriented persons,I understand it would take more than ordinary to grasp these things(financial statements, accounting, ratios etc) in twelve weeks but I believe FBN knows this and I'm sure will do all they can to make sure they simplify it by offering best of facilitators/instructors to the academy and help them understand it in twelve weeks.If science graduates won't be able to grasp these things within that time frame,I'm sure they wouldn't have told them to apply in the first place.No one needs to be scared;dedication and commitment are what is required.@iamabraham,please any update as regards accommodation?Those who stay far off Iganmu who wrote their names for the Dean's consideration,any update please?

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by sheriffden(m): 4:40pm On Nov 17, 2017
misterEli:
Hi guys,
wish you all the best.
God bless you all

Hi Successful guys,

This Bro has hit the nail, take the class serious especially the scenarios, very crucial. Ask questions when you are not clear, I am sure the facilitators are expert and also have field experiences as most of them will be retired Bankers. Science guys you have to study extra over the others as most of the courses will be accounting, banking, management and regulations related. Ensure you aim above the cut off point stated as this will give you some level of assurance and confident. Read Read Read... Don't be carried away with the nice food and hospitality. You are there, give your best shot as you can see that what FBN put together in the training no be sere sere ooooo.

I hope this will help and go a long way...

First timer comment....

See you all at the top...

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by BigDealz: 8:03pm On Nov 17, 2017
Guys, abeg, stop all this fear about TS. More than 90% pass it. Of course why won't you read? Abeg, stop all these fear or scary tales. Hardly would you see any that failed TS... Hardly

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayorchelsea(m): 9:23pm On Nov 17, 2017
BigDealz:
Guys, abeg, stop all this fear about TS. More than 90% pass it. Of course why won't you read? Abeg, stop all these fear or scary tales. Hardly would you see any that failed TS... Hardly
Exactly bro,abeg tell them.I don't think anyone should think it's all done and dusted yet;maybe not entirely Uhuru yet because efforts still have to be put in but I know it's not only about reading and passing or cramming.No one needs to be scared.Read,put in your best and pray,shikena!
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by dkingskid: 1:54am On Nov 18, 2017
undecided
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by sheriffden(m): 3:10am On Nov 18, 2017
Nobody is imposing fear on anyone trust me, is just an advise. You take it or leave it shikena.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by BigDealz: 4:12am On Nov 18, 2017
sheriffden:
Nobody is imposing fear on anyone trust me, is just an advise. You take it or leave it shikena.

Na u sabii Jare... Advise or no advise, you guys should only say what you know or have been involved in and not hear say.

For my fellow TS guys, we all know the only thing to Fear is Fear itself. Stand tall and forget all these Nairaland facilitators comments. January 8 ain't that far off to experience things yourself. Regards

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by KingDavid12: 3:25pm On Nov 20, 2017
Good day everyone. How are we doing today? Please I will like to make a plea with those presently in TS to please if possible tell us some of the course they are taking presently. E.g: basic mgt skill or essential accounting. Something like dat. Thanks
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayorchelsea(m): 5:25pm On Nov 20, 2017
Only those who have persons currently in training school might have access to the kind of information/update they want since it appears our guys have been very busy.We can only be patient till January and see things for ourselves.Though having an idea of what to expect would help one mentally.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Heartbeat01: 5:36pm On Nov 20, 2017
KingDavid12:
Good day everyone. How are we doing today? Please I will like to make a plea with those presently in TS to please if possible tell us some of the course they are taking presently. E.g: basic mgt skill or essential accounting. Something like dat. Thanks

Non disclosure
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by sorzy1(m): 6:47pm On Nov 20, 2017
Heartbeat01:

Non disclosure
hello, good evening, please what do you mean by that?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by phoenix0100: 9:53pm On Nov 20, 2017
sorzy1:
hello, good evening, please what do you mean by that?

It means they can't tell us...just chill January isn't that far ...we have been patient since...one more month nor go kill person

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayorchelsea(m): 10:09pm On Nov 20, 2017
phoenix0100:

It means they can't tell us...just chill January isn't that far ...we have been patient since...one more month nor go kill person
Abi o.It's just December that is in between.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Timony007: 11:04pm On Nov 20, 2017
Please people just chill. For science related grads, we got this naa Haba. After all those years with though stuff in school, we've got the capacity for training school. Just have an open mind n prep to work hard. Guys in TS hope y'all good. We've got you in prayers. In the mean time of waiting, do not stop being productive. Read daily, touch a live positive on a daily basis; a simple smile or Hi would do n never forget to love yourself. All is well. smiley

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by BigDealz: 7:23am On Nov 21, 2017
Just thinking loud ooo..

Received test invitation... "Pls those who have done theirs should pls give an idea of wat they did"...

Received A.C invitation... " Pls cab someone describe what A.C looks like and what questions they asked"

Received Documentation invitation... "Pls can you tell us what you did during documentation and medicals? Bla bla bla..."

Received TS mail... "Pls can you tell us what you guys are doing in TS so we can prepare..."

Received employment mail... " Those guys working, please can you describe your activities pls..."

Hmmmm... Let's calm down abeg... Less than 48 days to go. We are all blessed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Divami: 9:10am On Nov 21, 2017
U guys should rili chill. U r almost in the TS n still bickering. Sm of us are still awaiting AC but u don't hear us complaining. Relax n allow ur mind to warm up for d TS n all it'll offer. U will enjoy d experience. Cheers!
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by brownsucre1: 10:46am On Nov 21, 2017
My pple, I'm going to be as simple as possible. let's Ve fun and at d same time know what we came for joor.its too early for chasing after girls and sneaking into hostels. We should take a leaf from what happened to d conversion trainees,if firstbank would think of dropping almost 50 out of 89 pple despite d years they Ve put in,experience,other trainings and relationships they Ve had with these pple,then GT is moimoi. And to tell u d truth? This set seem like they came for something else,its not even a month or two yet just days! Brethren it's a once in a lifetime opportunity,no resit o.after waiting for a year plus you will now allow distractions to rob you of it? Read as if ur life depends on it,u must not eat all d food,u must not sleep all d sleep and u must not indulge in all d recreational activities. In d good old days,other banks used to come and pick firstbank leftovers after training school but not now o. Not everybody will be taken cos on d last day u will see pple dat never joined u in d 3months training coming to pick up their offer letter ,u guys re not in d same category o. Strive to be excellent cos ur score also determines where u re deployed, sales with target,customer care, head office,files handler etc. The worst thing you would do is to take those courses for granted,trust me it's not what you are used to.

So what I'm I saying in essence? If it's fear from the things that re said here that will propel u,u should welcome it.if u need to sacrifice ur enjoyment for 3months to get the best you should. But its solely ur choice. And u re being watched.
......from a reliable source

Note: you are allowed to menstruate under this comment

7 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayorchelsea(m): 11:40am On Nov 21, 2017
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayorchelsea(m): 11:42am On Nov 21, 2017
Let me menstruate as she said. A word,as they say, is enough for the wise.By the way,some of us didn't hear about what happened to the conversion guys.I wish i could get a chance to know what happened.By the way,is it a matter of FBN ALMOST dropping 50 persons out of 89 or a FACT of FBN dropped almost 50 persons? Nairaland has taught me to be wary of things I read and believe without credible sources.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by sheriffden(m): 10:09am On Nov 22, 2017
brownsucre1:
My pple, I'm going to be as simple as possible. let's Ve fun and at d same time know what we came for joor.its too early for chasing after girls and sneaking into hostels. We should take a leaf from what happened to d conversion trainees,if firstbank would think of dropping almost 50 out of 89 pple despite d years they Ve put in,experience,other trainings and relationships they Ve had with these pple,then GT is moimoi. And to tell u d truth? This set seem like they came for something else,its not even a month or two yet just days! Brethren it's a once in a lifetime opportunity,no resit o.after waiting for a year plus you will now allow distractions to rob you of it? Read as if ur life depends on it,u must not eat all d food,u must not sleep all d sleep and u must not indulge in all d recreational activities. In d good old days,other banks used to come and pick firstbank leftovers after training school but not now o. Not everybody will be taken cos on d last day u will see pple dat never joined u in d 3months training coming to pick up their offer letter ,u guys re not in d same category o. Strive to be excellent cos ur score also determines where u re deployed, sales with target,customer care, head office,files handler etc. The worst thing you would do is to take those courses for granted,trust me it's not what you are used to.

So what I'm I saying in essence? If it's fear from the things that re said here that will propel u,u should welcome it.if u need to sacrifice ur enjoyment for 3months to get the best you should. But its solely ur choice. And u re being watched.
......from a reliable source

Note: you are allowed to menstruate under this comment

Good bless you Bro,

Some people need to read in between the lines before making comment and the fact that you dont agree with someone does not mean you should discouraged others.
I raised an advised last week and someone start talking less of it.
Anyway I am not bothered about that person because I believe some people will take it and would have seen the effect.
Wish you and others all the best. Just give your best shot though need to recreate to burn some calories you have taken after all there is gym in the complex and is meant for you guys, I believe the TS coordinators will have told you guys.

Cheers.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by misterEli: 8:53am On Nov 23, 2017
KingDavid12:
You should take courses concerning firstbank as a whole, its structure, departments, inception etc; then Comprehensive banking operations should come next; then Banking and other financial institutions should come next; then Basic accounting should follow; and finally financial statement accounting.

Talking from the training school I attended and my access bank friend's too.

I believe they should all be similar, the quality of the training should then differ.

If there's any firstbank official reading this, please I'm a confirmed staff in Diamond, I went through training school but I'm willing to give up my 7months ( excluding 3months in training)in banking thus far to start afresh. All i ask is that I be exempted from the training school, please

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by kaka22(m): 5:47pm On Nov 23, 2017
misterEli:

You should take courses concerning firstbank as a whole, its structure, departments, inception etc; then Comprehensive banking operations should come next; then Banking and other financial institutions should come next; then Basic accounting should follow; and finally financial statement accounting.

Talking from the training school I attended and my access bank friend's too.

I believe they should all be similar, the quality of the training should then differ.

If there's any firstbank official reading this, please I'm a confirmed staff in Diamond, I went through training school but I'm willing to give up my 7months ( excluding 3months in training)in banking thus far to start afresh. All i ask is that I be exempted from the training school, please
Why do you want to leave Diamond bank? #JustCurious

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (224) (Reply)

Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 / Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True? / Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.