Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme (808176 Views)

2019 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Recruitment - Assessment Centre Notification / Recruitment For FirstBank Graduate Trainee Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by idirect(m): 11:00am On Jan 11, 2017
lapazi:

what exactly do they even discuss in such group, i can only imagine the unnecessary BS going on there.
Some guys are using the group to- never mind wink wink wink
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayoor15(m): 11:02am On Jan 11, 2017
idirect:

Some guys are using the group to- never mind wink wink wink
To hook up you wanted to say right.... *clear throats and run away**

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by BEESEM: 11:53am On Jan 11, 2017
Dis is d message snd to me by d dragnet after mailing dem yestday ......................................................................................."Dear Candidate, Thank you for mailing us.
Please be aware that after testing candidates are further
contacted by the client.
Best Regards,"............................................................................ let us jst keep prayin datz d most important factor
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Okpanwu(m): 1:25pm On Jan 11, 2017
If any of us have any other things to do, pls go ahead. it will take FBN 2-3 months after the general test before they contact applicant. so let's take our mind off there for now, pending when we start receiving their congratulatory message for AC and dat will be February ending. tanks. remember to hold on to ur God. we shall come out triumphantly.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Baldg: 7:13pm On Jan 11, 2017
Okpanwu:

I doff my hat for you. You and some others have kept this thread alive. Both with information and motivation.
I pray for success for us all.

meanwhile we can use this thread to gather some information.
https://www.nairaland.com/1291773/first-bank-graduate-trainee-recruitment/67#19799432

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Okpanwu(m): 9:20pm On Jan 11, 2017
Everything worketh for good for them dat love the lord. every delay in the life of a believer is a blessing. for those that belief in the efficacy of God power, the end of this recruitment process shall speak in ur favor. but you must first of all repent from every ungodly thing, becos I was told today that the selection process is based on merit and favour of God. my people let's make out time to call on God for its favour, pray for FBN itself to expand in all ramification, when the bank is breaking forth, it will hasten our calling. for those that belief we shall all meet in TS. My case and ur case shall be different also do join any of the winners chapel for our ongoing 21days fasting and prayer. you are bless!

8 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by idirect(m): 10:40pm On Jan 11, 2017
mayoor15:
To hook up you wanted to say right.... *clear throats and run away**
No be me talk that one ooooo tongue grin cheesy

1 Share

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Okpanwu(m): 8:25pm On Jan 12, 2017
Friends is it true dat first bank don't accept Neco result in their recruitment process? if its true, how come it was not stated in their rules during the registration. reliable opinion pls.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayoor15(m): 9:43pm On Jan 12, 2017
Okpanwu:
Friends is it true dat first bank don't accept Neco result in their recruitment process? if its true, how come it was not stated in their rules during the registration. reliable opinion pls.
Not that they don't accept it but they prefer waec, if you are using neco you must be able to proof your age, no declaration of age
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Okpanwu(m): 10:14pm On Jan 12, 2017
Good response. God bless you.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mosisnho(m): 5:41pm On Jan 14, 2017
Dragnet and First bank...how far? #dragnet&firstbankRELEASEourRESULT

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by idirect(m): 8:43pm On Jan 16, 2017
Omoh see as every where dey silent. Shey una don move go another thread ni? grin
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by 4oyrsExperience(m): 9:15pm On Jan 16, 2017
I've been reading thru ds thread, quite interesting but
Lemme share with U something u need to start working on in preparation for ur journey to fbn headoffice

First of all, congrats to all who will get the sms invite to the assessment centre latest. On or b4 31st Jan 2017!
don't rejoice yet cus there is more shreading to b done, they r still gonna slect d best of d best. So listen carefully and follow my precept line by line. FBN might not tk more dan 100-250 new trainees nationwide. So b guided

Once U get to d AC,U'll go thru d accreditation stage. After accreditation, U will take another aptitude test, but more likened to an ability test where u'll have to think thru the scenario and choose answers from the options provided.

After which u will be divided into groups and then u'll be given a scenario to discuss with ur group. Don't argue or shout any1 down, nor interrupt, make sure U give points and make reasonable sense, don't repeat ur suggestions or findings. Smile while responding and if its possible, be the one to take down points and be concise about it, as the supervisor will ask that u submit ur findings on behalf of ur group.

Then an "addendum" will be given which u'll have to read thru to prepare ur slide. U shouldn't have more than 6-10slides, bur make it detailed if u can use animations to drive ur points from the addendum given, good one also. Pls note that u will be given 15mins to prepare ur slide and 5mins 2 present it. Remember while u r discussing with ur team, read ur addendum n note ur points. Then u'll butteress on ur point in ur slide presentation. Don't write stories, just give bullet points then explain thats why its called a powerpoint presentation. Be confident and bold, smile and focused, be sure of whatever point u make, even when they counter U and say u r wrong,always reinsist that to d best of ur own knowledge and how its obtainable(relating to ur addendum) that's wat u think. And remember to intoduce urself and what u r presenting and den thank d panel @ d end of ur presentation. Then remember don't stutter or sound unsure, twill count against U. Remember its 5mins 4 presentation and 20mins 4 preparing ur PPslide. Pls be confident ooooooo. Its germaine. And pls be calm and breatheeeeee, hold ur breathe and control ur pulse, anxiety and over excitement.

After d presentation, u'll go thru d interview stage, ds u'll b asked ur strenght, weakness, whr uv held a leadership role, wat process improvement idea do u have, ur level of creativity, alwaz remember to say u r a good team player, and u most prove and explain whr and how u were active as a team member and a team player. If u fit lie, lie ooo, nobody go ask U if na true or na lie, what is ur passion, why firstbank, why do u think we shld hire U, then know stuffs about FBN generally and read different interview questions.

Then after u r done for dat day. A week later u'll get an sms and email inviting u for a personality test. Then after answering it,u'll be sent an sms to update ur location, that whr u choose whr u wanna work, after which u'll wait as the whole process will be computed u must have a certain percentage score b4 u'll be invited to training sch, dats getting the almighty sms from FBN inviting U 4 medicals and training sch. So now yam and knife dey una hand.

FBN. Training sch is another interesting place. Quite Intensivvvvvvvvvvvvvve but fun. But above all prepare, prepare and prepare and pray pray pray as much as U can. Commit all to God and ask 4 favour. No overdo, remember overskill dey kill monkey

Wish u all success and the best. Cheers

In addition, pls note that U shld try and prepare for essay writing also, garnish urself with the trends happening in d Nigerian Banking system and financial sector. Its the new trend in assessment centres, nt sure if workforce/FBN will adopt dat style. Bur its rather u prepare 4 d worse dan taken unaware.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Folabimi(m): 9:29pm On Jan 16, 2017
Thanks so much 4oyrsExperience for the detailed info about the recruitment process. I really hope they contact us b4 Jan31 as u said and wish everyone including myself success mail
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by samuel3818: 9:56pm On Jan 16, 2017
Sir 4oyrsexperience.....I appreciate this detailed information. Please, the PowerPoint part, are applicants going to work and prepare slides and present as individuals, or each group works on slides and then nominates someone to present for the group?

Thanks once again
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by ENGFEMI10: 11:04pm On Jan 16, 2017
Hi Samuel, Though the presentation will be on the discussion point given to each group, candidates would be required to prepare the PowerPoint and presentation to a panel individually.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Okpanwu(m): 10:04am On Jan 17, 2017
Tanks for this vital information. God bless you. for my fellow applicant do take time get urself familiarise with PowerPoint presentation. very very important. I wish all of best if luck. as I said in my previous post. this race is not for the skill, swift and knowledge but for God dat showeth mercy. for those that belief God and serve his interest. God has prepared ur employment letter already. Matthew 6:33 is the answer. I love you all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Okpanwu(m): 10:05am On Jan 17, 2017
Tanks for this vital information. God bless you. for my fellow applicant do take time get urself familiarise with PowerPoint presentation. very very important. I wish all of best of luck. as I said in my previous post. this race is not for the skill, swift and knowledge but for God dat showeth mercy. for those that belief God and serve his interest. God has prepared ur employment letter already. Matthew 6:33 is the answer. I love you all. confess Jesus Christ today and leave everything to him.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Okpanwu(m): 10:14am On Jan 17, 2017
Can you throw more light on some of the likely FBN interview question. so dat we can start practising from now. tanks.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Okpanwu(m): 12:00pm On Jan 17, 2017
1. Interview Question: Tell us about Yourself. Tip: If you’re attending an interview, here’s one question you can’t escape. and it usually comes first. The formula to getting the answer right is to start from where you currently are, then delve backwards a little bit about the experience you’ve garnered at your previous roles. And round off with the future – why you’re really excited about this opportunity. Answer: “I’m currently an Accounts Officer at GTBank, where I manage the accounts of some of the bank’s top customers. Before that, I worked at KPMG as a graduate trainee for 2 years. My experience there really enhanced my analytical and problem solving skills. I’ll love the chance to advance my career in the Oil and Gas Sector, which is why I’m so excited about this opportunity with the Petroleum Training Institute.” 2. Interview Question: What do you know about this organization? Tip: This question is one reason to do some research on the organization before the interview. As soon as you’re invited for an interview, it is expected of you to find out as much information you can about the company. Find out where they have been and where they are going. What are the current issues and who are the major players (The Founders/ Owners), when was the company established, what services or goods do they produce, where is their head office, branches located, what is their mission statement, vision? Answer: “The Petroleum Training Institute is a federal government owned tertiary institution established in 1973 to train indigenous middle-level manpower to meet the labour force requirement of the Nigerian oil and gas industry. The motto of the institution is “For skill, service and progress” and the current principal is Mr. Joseph Orukele.” 3. Interview Question: Why do you want to work here? Tip: To answer this question correctly, you need to do a little research on the company so that you can identify specific reasons why you want to work with the organization, and most importantly, be able to defend whatever reason you state, should the interviewer ask you to explain further. These reasons could be one or more of the following: The company’s pedigree, the reputation of its founders, admiration of its offerings (goods or services), company’s management philosophy, company’s recognition and awards received, core values, company’s market position and prospects. Answer: “Well, the Zenith Bank’s pedigree is certainly one to be reckoned with. I would be proud to work for a company with such a long history of leadership in the industry.” 4. Interview Question: What experience do you have in this field? Tip: Speak about what you’ve done in the past or what you do in your present job that is related to the position you are applying for. Here you can also include free services you rendered to religious or social organizations, friends and relations. If you do not have any specific experience, get as close as possible. Answer: “From the job description, you’re looking for an individual who can take proper charge of your financial records. You also need someone who is computer literate and proficient with accounting packages. In my previous role as an Accountant with PZ Industries, I was responsible for maintaining the books of accounts of the company. I prepared the final accounts, balance sheets, profit and loss account, cash flow statement, and other management accounts without supervision. I did these and other related accounting tasks for over a period of 4 years using various accounting software including Peachtree and QuickBooks.” 5. Interview Question: Why should we hire you? Tip: Don’t be scared to tell the interviewer that you are the best person for the job, but be prepared to back your claim up with what specifically differentiates you. Answer: “You should hire me because I’m the best person for the job. Although there may be other candidates who also have what it takes to get the job done. Yet I bring an additional quality which makes me the best person for the job – my passion for excellence. I am passionately committed to producing results in all my endeavors. For example, in 2008 when I was given a target to generate 100 million naira deposit from customers, because of the passion I had for my job, I was the only one in my team who achieved the target.” 6. Interview Question: How did you hear about the vacancy? Tip: No beating about the bush. Go ahead and state the source. If you found out about the opening through a friend or a relative, don’t hesitate to drop the name. Back it up by stating why you were so excited about the vacancy. Make your answer short. Answer: “I heard about the opening through Bidemi, a childhood friend, but since my undergraduate days, I’ve always had the dream of working with your company.” 7. Interview Question: What are your strengths? Tip: If you’re serious about your job search, this question won’t give you problems. You ought to have identified what your greatest strengths are, even before you start sending your CV out. Your strength could be your experience, talents and soft skills. Don’t make the mistake is listing strengths you do not possess or one that is not relevant to the position you’re applying for. Answer: “I think one of my greatest strengths is my ability to solve problems. I look at situations from different points of views and I can perform my tasks under difficult circumstances. I also think my communication skills are top notch. I’m also good at negotiating deals and resolving disputes.” 8. Interview Question: What are your weaknesses? Tip: Don’t say you don’t have weaknesses. Everyone has. So state one or two weaknesses but try to turn it into a positive. Answer: “I’m too passionate about my job, and it affects my relationships.” 9. Interview Question: Why do you want to leave your current company? Tip: Like the question about your boss, don’t say anything bad about your current company. Answer: “I have spent over five years with KPMG gaining exceptional knowledge of the consulting industry. I am now enthusiastic to apply the knowledge and skills I acquired on the job in a different organization with new opportunities and challenges.” 10. Interview Question: What do you dislike most about your previous role? Tip: Dangerous question. The interviewer is probing for things that you didn’t previously like and then they can ask a follow on question about why you didn’t like them. Beware of this trap. Turn the question round and give a “model answer”. Answer: “I would like to avoid the situation in the last role where we had tight deadlines and 3 of my colleagues went off on long term sick. Although we achieved our targets it was only through hard effort, team-work and long hours.” See how these answers portray you in a good light and turn a negative into a positive. Make sure you have prepared an answer otherwise you could see yourself stumbling! 11. Interview Question: How would You describe your former boss? Tip: Don’t say anything bad about your former boss. Answer: “My former boss gives me a high degree of freedom to get along with my job while always being there to assist with difficult or unusual situations – to lend his experience. He is a very hardworking and busy person but finds time to supervise his team, steering us in the right direction and helping us to achieve results we taught were impossible. I still maintain a cordial relationship with him.” 12. Interview Question: What lessons have you learnt from your previous job? Tip: Another chance to talk about your successes but a truly open ended question. You should talk about your specific skills and experience that you can offer. Remember the skills need to be transferable to the new employer. A closing statement like the one below will also add value, it will distinguish your answer and elevate your application Answer: “I have learnt a lot of things as you can imagine. But one point always rings true. Everyone needs to be treated with respect, their opinion should be valued and they should be encouraged to contribute to the good of the organization.” 13. Interview Question: I see from your CV that you have never actually been in this role in any of your previous companies. How are you going to cope? Tip: Firstly, this is an obvious weakness. Weakness mean risk to an employer and they are looking for re-assurance that you will adapt to the new environment. Relate your previous experience to similar situations where you moved departments and had a new role or were faced with new technology which you had to learn quickly. Turn this into a positive about “how you are able to adapt to changing circumstances and have a flexible approach. How you pick up new skills quickly. How you enjoy the challenge of the ever changing technology.” Try to broaden the answer by saying. Answer: “we are all faced with a fast moving and changing environment which constantly presents new challenges. I have always been able to rise to these and perform effectively despite tight deadlines and little support.” Importantly, then go on to list examples of similar experiences where you have demonstrated such skills. This should close the issue in the interviewers mind and paint a positive picture. 14. Interview Question: What is your typical working week in hours? Answer: “I like to think I am an effective and efficient worker who gets through a full workload each week. However there are times when I need to work late and weekends and this is fine. This is often due to uneven demands on my time. I will put whatever effort it takes to complete my role.” 15. Interview Question: What do co-workers say about you? Tip: Be prepared with one or two favorable quotes from co-workers. Yes! favorable because some people will never say good things about you. Either a specific statement or a paraphrase will be perfect. Answer: “Marcus Nkwocha, a co-worker at PZ Industries, always said I was the most hard working person he had ever known.” It is as powerful as Marcus having said it at the interview himself. 16. Interview Question: How much do you expect to Earn? Tip: Most cases, the employer had already decided your salary, so it won’t make any difference the amount you quote. Just make sure you are not too far from reality. Answer: “The research I’ve carried out indicates that positions like this one pay N120,000 to N150,000 and something in that range would be acceptable to me as a starting salary.” 17. Interview Question: Describe your dream job. Tip: In answering this question, lay more emphasis on what you can contribute to the organization rather than what you’ll gain. Answer: “This is my dream job and that’s the reason I applied for it in the first place. I’m enthusiastic about the prospects of your organization and would like to be part of its success story by contributing my expertise and skills.” 18. Interview Question: Do you have any question for us? Tip: Don’t make the mistake of telling the interviewer you do not have any questions. Asking questions shows that you have interest in the company. Also, don’t ask questions like “What does this company do?” or “How old is this company?” You are expected to know the answers to these questions if you’ve done your homework properly. Answer: “If I’m considered for the job, who shall I be reporting to?”

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Iseoluwani: 10:18pm On Jan 18, 2017
waiting for first Bank like kilode
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by ikkie(f): 2:13pm On Jan 19, 2017
I went to see the bank manager of first bank here in Ibadan about the aptitude test we all wrote, he said 90% applicant passed the test and it is not possible to call all the 90% applicant, so he said, he think they are looking at qualifications, experience, age etc to reduce the amount of applicant.so he said b4 Jan 31st, success mail will start rolling in
Prayer is the key, we all need favour from God
If u need to fast, fast o
If u need to leave some secret sin, leave it
I pray God will distinguish us successfully...amen

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by chudionu58(f): 5:18pm On Jan 19, 2017
ikkie:
I went to see the bank manager of first bank here in Ibadan about the aptitude test we all wrote, he said 90% applicant passed the test and it is not possible to call all the 90% applicant, so he said, he think they are looking at qualifications, experience, age etc to reduce the amount of applicant.so he said b4 Jan 31st, success mail will start rolling in
What percentage is pass?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by michaelbelgium(m): 6:12pm On Jan 19, 2017
ikkie:
that manager doesn't know what he is saying...if at all 90% passed the test....does it mean they are finding it difficult to shortlist the best??

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Royce20: 6:46pm On Jan 19, 2017
ikkie:

Experience for graduate trainee?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by chudionu58(f): 6:49pm On Jan 19, 2017
What percentage is the pass mark?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Okpanwu(m): 9:12pm On Jan 19, 2017
Work with Matthew 6:33, it works like fire. you cannot serve the interest of God and go begging for bread. God will always distinguish his own people. accept and confess Jesus Christ as ur lord and personal saviour today and qualify for open heaven. If you are not in Christ, nothing for you. if you doubt me, confess him and leave the rest to God. my life is a living testimony of his goodness. you can chart me on 08164704587. I will tell you all you need to do to be divinely exempted from all the evil of this season.

6 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Tripleb: 8:41pm On Jan 20, 2017
Okpanwu:
Work with Matthew 6:33, it works like fire. you cannot serve the interest of God and go begging for bread. God will always distinguish his own people. accept and confess Jesus Christ as ur lord and personal saviour today and qualify for open heaven. If you are not in Christ, nothing for you. if you doubt me, confess him and leave the rest to God. my life is a living testimony of his goodness. you can chart me on 08164704587. I will tell you all you need to do to be divinely exempted from all the evil of this season.

Nice! But try to preach Christ for the sake of salvation and redemption by His blood and not for the benefits, so that ur converts can still stand for Christ even when the benefits don't show up...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Okpanwu(m): 10:42am On Jan 21, 2017
Tank you for ur nice write up and advice but then confessing Jesus Christ will always ushered in a believer into a world of unlimited breakthrough, and seeking for the face of God and his righteousness guarantee all round rest of which FBN job cannot be completely ruled out. we don't need to argue anyway, the truth still remains, God will distinguish his own people in a perilous time like dis. I have met staffs in FBN most of them kept saying same thing, which is favour of God and do you access favour of God, 1-by confessing and accepting him as ur saviour, 2-living a sanctified life e.t.c. I see God distinguishing you. Fellow brethren do endeavour to join any of our service tomorrow. tag: service of all round blessing. I see God meeting somebody's need tomorrow. Living Faith Church a.k.a Winners chapel. Time. 8AM.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by nach1(m): 12:48pm On Jan 21, 2017
Unique Schools of Studies located in Adisa estate Abuja offers training for fresh graduates in the following areas
-online interview prep
-aptitude test (Gmat, shl, philip consultant , dragnet etc with free copies of training materials) prep
-How to write a writing a wining CV
-How to write a cover letter both for fresh and experience job seekers
-Assessment center ( including: group discussion, presentation, fact finding exercise, structural interview etc ) prep
-General panel interview etc
Are you a fresh graduate residing in Abuja? then take advantage of these programs and improve your chances of grasping that your dream jobs.
(Note: the Nigerian tertiary curriculum does not include teaching undergraduates job search after graduation)

These training takes place every Sat from 10am to 2.0pm

We also prepare students sitting for SAT,GRE, IGSCE JAMB etc.

You can call 07034673257,08094347020 for more information

take advantage of this great opportunity.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by joescot: 6:48pm On Jan 21, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]
Sincerely i am beginning to wonder if this very thread is for discussing first bank aptitude test related issues and update...or a kind of faith based thread for preaching... Dont get the msg wrong..no body is saying you shouldn't do dat...but when it becomes the order of the thread then i think something is wrong... ..personally i think we appreciate the faith based talks and we should minimise .. Henceforth such post coz it not just we the Christians that are here.
thanks if u understand

5 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (224) (Reply)

Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 / Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True? / Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.