Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan (31032 Views)

10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency / Don’t Accuse My Ministers Of Corruption Without Evidence – Buhari / Jonathan Successfully Fought Corruption Without Making Noise. – Femi Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Rilwayne001: 8:30am On Oct 25, 2016
Kabashin:

Is BVN and the IPPS payment system not technology used in curtailing corruption ?

Oh you mean, seriously he dealt with corrupt politicians with these systems during his 6years of presiding the country?

1 Like

Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by moyakz(m): 8:31am On Oct 25, 2016
omenka:
I have no doubt he must have soaked his brain in some of that liquid that makes it function erratically before making out this statement.

Are we to quickly forget such statements which serve as reminders of how he fought corruption like:

1. Stealing is not corruption.

2. How much did Jim Nwobodo stole that he had to be jailed? (The bold portion is enough to pass him off as a stark illiterate he is, and is typical among a particular set of people around here).

3. If you put a goat close to yams, the goat must eat the yams.

4. People will come after me if I expose corrupt individuals.

5. They can insult me from head to toe, I don't give a damn. (When the oaf was questioned about his reluctance to declare his assets).

Etc.

That man was and will remain one of the worst mistakes ever to be made by a sovereign state.
haha,bros omenka!where have u been??we wailers have been missing u since.hope u've resumed ur zombie job??
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Kabashin: 8:33am On Oct 25, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Oh you mean, seriously he dealt with corruption politicians with these systems during his 6years of presiding the country?

Nigerian corruption goes beyond politicians. The aforementioned platforms was a way to strengthen the system against politicians and civil service alike. Especially the civil service.
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by bighorlus(m): 8:34am On Oct 25, 2016
temmyblaze001:

if buhari is clueless,is his vice clueless,is d finance minister clueless,is d senate President clueless,is d speaker of house of rep clueless,all ministers and governors are dey clueless too....my guy its true dat no 1 is perfect and everyone has his or her own wrongs but don't see buhari as a clueless man cos u yourself cant do better......

i cant do better thats why i havent contested for presidency. so if you decide you want such seat you should be prepared for office. buhari is a good man and im not saying he is perfect at least i voted for him but i am sure right now that he wasnt prepared for that office. unfortunately he was the better option during the last election. lets not derail this thread going into buharis present issue. my point is johnatan should not be giving speeches about fighting corruption

1 Like

Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 25, 2016
uduigwomen:
GEJ should keep quiet when corruption matter is been discussed because if not for govt magnanimity he should have been in jail by now.

He sat over the empire of corruption even when we were all shouting that the level of corruption in his govt was too high he was busy defining and defending corruption.

With evidence of the number of his officials and family members facing corruption charges he had better bury his head in shame and shourup.

In the history of Nigeria no leader came close to IBB and Abacha in looting our common wealth. If I remember correctly Buhari actually "cannonized" Sani Abachi.

We all called GEJ administration corrupt but for over a year now bubu is yet to convict just one person.

Imagine a guy with one year diploma in CS is going to head NCC. Imagine the likes of Amaechi and others walking around free. Imagine all the wastage (I called it wastaged because you lot find nothing wrong in drilling bole hole with millions and setting up a basic website with hundreds of millions as normal) under Fashola administration and he was reward by the present government.

Untill we focus on the ills going on in this present administration (rather shielding it to belie the fact that we chose wrongly) we will end up worse by the end of his tenure.
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Rilwayne001: 8:38am On Oct 25, 2016
Kabashin:

Nigerian corruption goes beyond politicians. The aforementioned platforms was a way to strengthen the system against politicians and civil service alike. Especially the civil service.

You didn't answer my question. I mean, whether civil service or corrupt politicians, when did he ever implement these measures to curb corruption during his reign?
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 25, 2016
This bastard keeps talking sha
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Rajosh(m): 8:40am On Oct 25, 2016
why you too dey lie like this, e good for your eye?
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by ImoRiver: 8:41am On Oct 25, 2016
bayawah:
his is a failure but better than your brainless president who cannot defend himself in public.

Actually no laundering can make people respect Mr Jonathan. He failed woefully as a President while empowering criminals instead of intellectuals. He should continue with his self delusion.
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 25, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Oh you mean, seriously he dealt with corrupt politicians with these systems during his 6years of presiding the country?

I think the problem is that most of you can't think. You prefer the raid, arrest and release (based on technicalities) method employed by Buhari?

If you build a robust system within a solid legal framework we will achieve more than the current mess we are experiencing now.
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by bionixs: 8:43am On Oct 25, 2016
Let that man in the street tell us if he fought corruption or not,pocket-wise .
ollymoore:
How can you make noise when you are corupt leader
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 25, 2016
ImoRiver:

Actually no laundering can make people respect Mr Jonathan. He failed woefully as a President while empowering criminals instead of intellectuals. He should continue with his self delusion.

Please can you tell me how Buhari has empowered intellectuals since he became president?
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Kabashin: 8:43am On Oct 25, 2016
Rilwayne001:

You didn't answer my question. I mean, whether civil service or corrupt politicians, when did he ever implement these measures to curb corruption during his reign?

Yes he did. He put this in place to stem corruption ala technology I.e the BVN et al.

Don't you believe these platforms are technology used to fight corruption.

What of the e-wallet system deployed in fertilizer distribution ? Wasn't that technology used in fighting corruption?
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by ImoRiver: 8:45am On Oct 25, 2016
woodcook:

In the history of Nigeria no leader came close to IBB and Abacha in looting our common wealth. If I remember correctly Buhari actually "cannonized" Sani Abachi.

We all called GEJ administration corrupt but for over a year now bubu is yet to convict just one person.

Imagine a guy with one year diploma in CS is going to head NCC. Imagine the likes of Amaechi and others walking around free. Imagine all the wastage (I called it wastaged because you lot find nothing wrong in drilling bole hole with millions and setting up a basic website with hundreds of millions as normal) under Fashola administration and he was reward by the present government.

Untill we focus on the ills going on in this present administration (rather shielding it to belie the fact that we chose wrongly) we will end up worse by the end of his tenure.

All thieves can never be caught at same time. It is one at a time until we achieve minimal crime rate. The present clamp down is a step in the right direction while we await for the next Government to equally probe the present.

1 Like

Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by MadCow1: 8:45am On Oct 25, 2016
bettercreature:
He was far better than our present president
He is a very big thief but he knows how to steal without causing damages
We presently have clueless demolition man in power

With oil at 120USD per barrel, nobody would have made noise stealing in that era.. grin
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 25, 2016
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 25, 2016
Rilwayne001:

And what's the difference between Oga Bubu and "the Goat and Yam" professor

If only you could read and not base your information on what the media says.

Instead of sending all your data on xvideos you could download data on economic indicators from sites like tradingeconomics, worldbank etc.

Take a good look at those data and am sure you will come up with an informed and unbiased answer to your question.

1 Like

Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by juman(m): 8:51am On Oct 25, 2016
Obviously nigeria need to hire a president from another continent.

Putting this country on the right track is beyond the capacity of nigerians.
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by peculiar32(f): 8:54am On Oct 25, 2016
an empty drum makes the loudest noise
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by scachy(m): 8:55am On Oct 25, 2016
The only thing I would say is " GOD BLESS GEJ " a noble and peace loving man. Unlike the vindictive, sadistic, empty brain from DAURA
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Macgabe(m): 8:55am On Oct 25, 2016
Mr. Ex President, you didn't fight corruption but aided it. Stop lying OK. Meanwhile you also did some things that are commendable so stick to those things and don't tell us about corruption.
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 25, 2016
ImoRiver:

All thieves can never be caught at same time. It is one at a time until we achieve minimal crime rate. The present clamp down is a step in the right direction while we await for the next Government to equally probe the present.

How many has been convicted with the clamp down?

With the rate at which most of these cases are being challenged in the court how many do you think will end in conviction by the end of this administration?
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by vislabraye(m): 9:04am On Oct 25, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
That same Jim Nwobodo is now in APC and a SAiNT.

Enjoy your meal. Our Nairaland

No mind the zombie. I just dey watch am.
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by kingthreat(m): 9:05am On Oct 25, 2016
bettercreature:
He was far better than our present president
He is a very big thief but he knows how to steal without causing damages
We presently have clueless demolition man in power

I rather have neither him or bubu as president
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Ibraheemmawa(m): 9:07am On Oct 25, 2016
deantimes:

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/10/we-fought-corruption-without-making-noise-jonathan/
there was no finger print oga jona u are cropt too that's why you can't talk.

1 Like

Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Rilwayne001: 9:10am On Oct 25, 2016
Kabashin:

Yes he did. He put this in place to stem corruption ala technology I.e the BVN et al.

Don't you believe these platforms are technology used to fight corruption.

I believe it's a good platform, but was it ever used during GEJ's era?

What of the e-wallet system deployed in fertilizer distribution ? Wasn't that technology used in fighting corruption?

I don't know about this, but can you tell me how this was used and how effective it was?
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Almand: 9:11am On Oct 25, 2016
CoolFreeday:
please what is him saying, I don't understand? Where did he do that one?
please Sir, don't make us angrier, do we looking stupid to him?
If you fought corruption, Nigerians wouldn't have rejected you at the pool the way we did?
You sound stupid actually. What is the result of all the nonsense Buhari have been doing?? How many people have been convicted Had the police stop collecting bribes on the roads . Abeg pack well
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by mpowa(m): 9:12am On Oct 25, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
See all of them dropping comments as if they know anything other than what the Media feeds them. undecided

At least they know that Dasuki Confessed, Koro confessed, and one and only PEJ confessed - Those are from the horses' mouth not media

1 Like

Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Rilwayne001: 9:12am On Oct 25, 2016
woodcook:

I think the problem is that most of you can't think. You prefer the raid, arrest and release (based on technicalities) method employed by Buhari?

If you build a robust system within a solid legal framework we will achieve more than the current mess we are experiencing now.

And how have i supported Buhari's system of government so far on this thread?
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 25, 2016
A wise man once said....NOTHING! So SHUT D CRAP mr stealing is not corruption!!

1 Like

Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by winj3: 9:23am On Oct 25, 2016
Who did he fight?
His wife alone stole billions and built hotels.
his cronies and Dasuki stole billions of dollars meant for the military

Will be interesting to know who he actually fought silently!

1 Like

Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by ozoemenaca: 9:26am On Oct 25, 2016
You are a worthy leader GEJ You tried your best. The fact remains that those who refuse to appreciate you are ignorant and they are not ready to learn so carry on we are rightly behind you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement / Kanu Nwankwo Rocks Ike Ekweremadu's Customized Shirt As He Steps Out With Him(pi / Agbakoba To Buhari: Apply Ojukwu Aburi Accord & Divide Nigeria Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.