Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan (31025 Views)

10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency / Don’t Accuse My Ministers Of Corruption Without Evidence – Buhari / Jonathan Successfully Fought Corruption Without Making Noise. – Femi Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Bgorgeous: 9:29am On Oct 25, 2016
Ahh you can say that again
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 25, 2016
Rilwayne001:

And how have i supported Buhari's system of government so far on this thread?

Read your previous post, you were belittling the approach the last administration adopted and you went ahead to asked me the difference between this and the last one.

Oh you forgot!
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Adesolomon2014(m): 9:40am On Oct 25, 2016
Scream:
Make I hear word! Hope you are not deaF and blind sha... maybe you think that you are smarter than Sambo that went underground.

Thats true ooo.
Imagine, where is Sambo nw sef..
D man dn ghost himself sharp sharp.
Others like abati, fani, paience nd co are forming legendary.
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by TheSpellChecker: 9:42am On Oct 25, 2016
CoolFreeday:
please what is him saying, I don't understand? Where did he do that one?
please Sir, don't make us angrier, do we looking stupid to him?
If you fought corruption, Nigerians wouldn't have rejected you at the pool the way we did?

My Gawd!

This thing called English Language!

Well, sir, I perfectly understand.

Of course, you don't need to explain.

Who doesn't know that English is not our mother tongue! tongue wink
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by dozmok(m): 9:48am On Oct 25, 2016
Sibrah:
Did I hear you say far better?
If only half of what he stole and was stolen under his watch could be recovered, there will be no trace of recession today. Keep capitalizing on the sorry state his docility and stealing plunged the economy into to type rúbbísh.
In Jonathan we have a man who stole N2.1b among others to sponsor documentary against people he claimed are corrupt.

was Gej the first Nigerian president to steal in office or did yaradua not survive with what Obj left for him. why can't PMB find his own tactics of survival. only educated leaders can easily find solution to their country's problems than criticizing their predecessor

1 Like

Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by almarthins(m): 9:48am On Oct 25, 2016
babdap:
True talk GEJ "Stealing is not corruption".

It is kwaruption
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by michoim(m): 9:51am On Oct 25, 2016
Stealing is not corruption says he fought corruption. ...Na waoo people no get shame at all...

1 Like

Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by legendte(m): 9:51am On Oct 25, 2016
Habakus:
Indeed GEJ is a great man - no questions about that.
This is how a leader should talk: you motivate your people,speak well of their good deeds and attributes; not castigating and embarrassing them globally by calling them criminals.
We have come to realize that fighting of corruption is not by arresting people randomly ( including political enemies) and throwing them in jails; it is by strengthening the right institutions and effecting policies that discourage corruption - hence,the 'goat and yam theory' which on the surface might sound dumb,but is infact,an amazing concept that every serious nation should adopt.
I honestly feel that Nigerians were not ready for GEJ's style of leadership which could have propelled us to one of the best nations.
You just spoke my mind.
The TSA comes to mind. I am still of the view that stealing is not corruption. You don't fight corruption by only arresting goats that eat yams, you efficiently do that by separating the yam from the goats. The real corruption is keeping goats and yams together.
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by chillbabe(f): 9:56am On Oct 25, 2016
As buhari who said abacha never stole any money.
omenka:
I have no doubt he must have soaked his brain in some of that liquid that makes it function erratically before making out this statement.

Are we to quickly forget such statements which serve as reminders of how he fought corruption like:

1. Stealing is not corruption.

2. How much did Jim Nwobodo stole that he had to be jailed? (The bold portion is enough to pass him off as a stark illiterate he is, and is typical among a particular set of people around here).

3. If you put a goat close to yams, the goat must eat the yams.

4. People will come after me if I expose corrupt individuals.

5. They can insult me from head to toe, I don't give a damn. (When the oaf was questioned about his reluctance to declare his assets).

Etc.

That man was and will remain one of the worst mistakes ever to be made by a sovereign state.

1 Like

Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by joywendy(f): 9:57am On Oct 25, 2016
story for the gods....undecided SMH
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Bolaadu(m): 9:59am On Oct 25, 2016
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by fortunechy(m): 10:04am On Oct 25, 2016
the worst gov of urs is far far better than best gov of Apc..........God bless u sir.naija already missing ur adminisration.

1 Like

Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by drexy02: 10:07am On Oct 25, 2016
grin useless man
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by bullabong(m): 10:10am On Oct 25, 2016
GEJ should shut up!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Sibrah: 10:16am On Oct 25, 2016
dozmok:

was Gej the first Nigerian president to steal in office or did yaradua not survive with what Obj left for him. why can't PMB find his own tactics of survival. only educated leaders can easily find solution to their country's problems than criticizing their predecessor
Stúpìdíty is inevitable in the defence of the indefensible. GEJ left debt. Use what you have (if it is still there).

1 Like

Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Uten9z(m): 10:19am On Oct 25, 2016
Am so sorry for Nigerian Youths, they still are trying to Justify their votes even when the Man is over it. Stand out for your rights and the future will be bright oh u lazy generations u now place ur hope into the hands of ur grand parents because have nothing to offer.

1 Like

Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 25, 2016
Habakus:
Indeed GEJ is a great man - no questions about that.
This is how a leader should talk: you motivate your people,speak well of their good deeds and attributes; not castigating and embarrassing them globally by calling them criminals.
We have come to realize that fighting of corruption is not by arresting people randomly ( including political enemies) and throwing them in jails; it is by strengthening the right institutions and effecting policies that discourage corruption - hence,the 'goat and yam theory' which on the surface might sound dumb,but is infact,an amazing concept that every serious nation should adopt.
I honestly feel that Nigerians were not ready for GEJ's style of leadership which could have propelled us to one of the best nations.
corruption is in the blood of every Nigerian because our father's have practiced it and gone free...so there is no better approach to fight corruption than arresting the rebels...what style of leadership does gej have? Connivance i guess.hahaha,i laugh in parables...your children,grand children and even your own wealth was looted away and all you have to say is,"under a leadership of gross mis-mangement and looting,there is a possibility of being propelled(hahaha.do you know meaning of that word at all?) to the height of maybe U.S.

Why has religious and tribal sentiment washed sense out of your brain?

1 Like

Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by amobii: 10:22am On Oct 25, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyoxwgmR7lQ

Listen to someone who fought corruption during his tenure.
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by shineoflife: 10:23am On Oct 25, 2016
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by ooshinibos: 10:34am On Oct 25, 2016
this my ex-president is drunk again ....fighting corruption quietly , how in the world is that possible ,

1 Like

Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by joyandfaith: 10:39am On Oct 25, 2016
Sibrah:
Did I hear you say far better?
If only half of what he stole and was stolen under his watch could be recovered, there will be no trace of recession today. Keep capitalizing on the sorry state his docility and stealing plunged the economy into to type rúbbísh.
In Jonathan we have a man who stole N2.1b among others to sponsor documentary against people he claimed are corrupt.
are u not corrupt?
stealing from pot, exam malpractices, fornication etc?
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by KingsleyJohn: 10:39am On Oct 25, 2016
mpowa:

At least they know that Dasuki Confessed, Koro confessed, and one and only PEJ confessed - Those are from the horses' mouth not media
So who among these people has been convicted?
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by KingOfAmebo(m): 10:47am On Oct 25, 2016
omenka:
I have no doubt he must have soaked his brain in some of that liquid that makes it function erratically before making out this statement.

Are we to quickly forget such statements which serve as reminders of how he fought corruption like:

2. How much did Jim Nwobodo stole that he had to be jailed? (The bold portion is enough to pass him off as a stark illiterate he is, and is typical among a particular set of people around here).

5. They can insult me from head to toe, I don't give a damn. (When the oaf was questioned about his reluctance to declare his assets).

Etc.

That man was and will remain one of the worst mistakes ever to be made by a sovereign state.

If Jonathan was a mistake to you then Buhari is a curse on Nigeria... Buhari's curse will visit you and his supporters soon. don't worry when you no longer have money for mb again due to the hardship your hero Buhari brings to the land... your eyes and senses will be clearer.

By the way, how many people have been convicted and jailed with all the corruption noise your hero Buhari is shouting about..."I will fight corruption" it's obvious he meant fighting corruption on the pages of newspaper using propaganda. Is it not shameful to you as his supporter that your anti corruption hero Buhari has not been able to convict or even jailed a fly or cockroach? No wonder you are all called Zombies...you don't reason at all.
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Pylony(m): 10:54am On Oct 25, 2016
It was that silence that lead to Dasuki-GATE palava you were busy granting members of your cabinet access to the back DOOR in that era of silence about national yam thieves. Now it is UNCLE BUBU's turn to fvvk up, he has failed to enlighten Nigerians over What he is doing with the cash collated from corrupt officials rather the Intereste of many of such corrupt people are well protected away from the public. And should he fail to re-shuffle his cabinet with credibale officials then his administration will be heading to the OTHER ROOM
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by dollarprincess(f): 11:05am On Oct 25, 2016
Also see list of other things Good luck Jonathan boasted about his own administration
www.officialgist.com/2016/10/we-fought-corruption-without-making.html
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by badman007(m): 11:10am On Oct 25, 2016
Oga na God go punish you!!!
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by ElsonMorali: 11:11am On Oct 25, 2016
This guy is a bastard. angry
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by NOLONGTIN1(m): 11:12am On Oct 25, 2016
omenka:

Etc.

You are only trying to mis-inform gullible Nigerians or children who weren't aware of the world when those statements were made.

1. stealing is not corruption, YES!!!! corruption is worse than stealing.
- I support that.

2. That statement by him was unfortunate(I don't support it), but when will you also remind us that the current president stated not too long ago that Abacha never stole money.

3. you should have stated what he said in its full context and not taking just part of the whole sentence to deceive people.
Anyway, for the ignorant ones - He was talking about fighting corruption, and the best way to fight it. There is no way you claim to be fighting corruption, if the money is close or easily accessible to people, it will be stolen. so the best way is to take it far from them I.e. taking the yam (far) away from the goat.

4. I haven't heard that before, but like I said don't just take a phrase out of the sentence to deceive people, the same way terrorist use phrases from the Quran to deceive ignorant recruits.

5. Every intelligent/knowledgeable person knows every top government official declare their asserts(it's not optional). He was against declaring it 'PUBLICLY' same way Buhari refused to declare his publicly(please nobody should tell me of one man that came to state SOME of Buhari assert on tv. if he wanted it public, he would have released his own copy of the form).

people expect presidents and vice to declare asserts publicly because of the antecedents of Ya'ardua.
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by waShine(m): 11:13am On Oct 25, 2016
IVORY2009:
[s][/s]

Useless comment!!!
Only the useless knows what is useless coment!!! PERIOD
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by badman007(m): 11:13am On Oct 25, 2016
Adesolomon2014:

Thats true ooo.
Imagine, where is Sambo nw sef..
D man dn ghost himself sharp sharp.
Others like abati, fani, paience nd co are forming legendary.
Their time will come.. These people have no shame you know? Taking pride in big houses and cars obtained from stolen funds, Na God go punish all the corrupt bad eggs

1 Like

Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by ElsonMorali: 11:14am On Oct 25, 2016
joyandfaith:

are u not corrupt?
stealing from pot, exam malpractices, fornication etc?

So because he is corrupt the country should condone corruption? Look at me weeping for you cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring / Aregbesola Visits Governor Ajimobi And Adelabu In Ibadan (Photos) / Late Chief Konam Porbeni Reburied In Aduku In Bayelsa State..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.