Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,243 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan (31029 Views)

10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency / Don’t Accuse My Ministers Of Corruption Without Evidence – Buhari / Jonathan Successfully Fought Corruption Without Making Noise. – Femi Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by ElsonMorali: 11:16am On Oct 25, 2016
dozmok:

was Gej the first Nigerian president to steal in office or did yaradua not survive with what Obj left for him. why can't PMB find his own tactics of survival. only educated leaders can easily find solution to their country's problems than criticizing their predecessor

And only uneducated followers can reason the way you just did.

Haba! Nigerians. How can you be so dumb like this?
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by ElsonMorali: 11:20am On Oct 25, 2016
The comments of people on this thread just ruined the day for me. I shouldn't have opened this thread at all.

Now It's clear to me that lots of Nigerians were born with akamu in their skulls.

Jonathan should be declared an enemy of the state, yet hear the nonsense coming out of his mouth.
Because he knows that foolish people and dullards abound in his country.

1 Like

Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by mapet: 11:34am On Oct 25, 2016
QuotaSystem:
That means IBB also fought corruption without making noise.

Shekau also fought terrorism without making noise.

Even Anini fought crime without making noise.

This ineffectual failure and shameless looter had better not insult the intelligence of Nigerians; if there's any justice in the world this weak, spineless and clueless buffoon and FFK would be collapsing turn by turn in Kuje.

The day Jonathan fights corruption is the day that hell will freeze over.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bros,

Permit me to us this quotes of yours to draw traffic on social media

1 Like

Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Samunique(m): 11:44am On Oct 25, 2016
temmyblaze001:

stop posting rubbish.........u ain't better than buhari
Is that all you've got to debunk the points raised ?
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Pyaaar: 11:44am On Oct 25, 2016
GEJ's anti-corruption comment clearly depicts the unprecedented level of Moral Bankruptcy prevalent in this country
There exist no correlation between him and anti-corruption, it's conspicuously the other way round

1 Like

Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by QuotaSystem: 12:23pm On Oct 25, 2016
mapet:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bros,

Permit me to us this quotes of yours to draw traffic on social media

Permitted smiley
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 25, 2016
More like 'We enabled/encouraged corruption without making noise'
Doofus sad
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by busomma: 1:20pm On Oct 25, 2016
Jonathan, God will punish u a million times for opening ur mouth to say u fought corruption. U will die a miserable death for subjecting Nigerians to this nightmare we are going through cos of ur cluelessession.
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by biodun83L(m): 1:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
Sweetguy25:
At least you're not a hypocrite like the big fool that is the current president who is a dishonest, cheating and lying thief who dines and wines with his fellow thieves but claims to be fighting corruption.

I'll rather have a corrupt GEJ as president than a cheating and dishonest hypocrite like Buhari.
AYE ETIBAJA OLOSI NA UNA NO WANT MAK DIS COUNTRY GO FORWARD U FOR GO CALL D DULLARD MAN BAK MAK UR PAPA COM DEPUTISE AM ANIMAL AWON OLGOGORO
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by bams2999(m): 1:49pm On Oct 25, 2016
how can u fight corruption without make noise, and u do u fight corruption in which year
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Codes151(m): 1:57pm On Oct 25, 2016
Sibrah:
Did I hear you say far better?
If only half of what he stole and was stolen under his watch could be recovered, there will be no trace of recession today. Keep capitalizing on the sorry state his docility and stealing plunged the economy into to type rúbbísh.
In Jonathan we have a man who stole N2.1b among others to sponsor documentary against people he claimed are corrupt.
so this one way then never steal abi?? Or say them never start to steal and the country don finish! Wen them start nko?
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by hylyne(m): 2:11pm On Oct 25, 2016
Op, he better referred to as Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.... Or Mr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan phd...

We need differentiate him from your Dulard
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by hylyne(m): 2:11pm On Oct 25, 2016
Op, he better referred to as Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.... Or Mr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan phd...

We need to differentiate him from current Dulard
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by mrgreen4real(m): 2:28pm On Oct 25, 2016
Without making noise? No wonder we didn't knw that you facilitate thieves until noise makers come ;DWithout making noise? No wonder we didn't knw that you facilitate thieves until noise makers come
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by CoolFreeday(m): 2:32pm On Oct 25, 2016
Almand:

You sound stupid actually. What is the result of all the nonsense Buhari have been doing?? How many people have been convicted Had the police stop collecting bribes on the roads . Abeg pack well

I know your type won't like the fight against corruption, yes, police take bribe but that type of bribe is not what brought us here (our economy). The systemic corruption is more hazardous and should be address first. Rome wasn't built in a day, gradually we will get there.
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Sweetguy25: 2:35pm On Oct 25, 2016
biodun83L:
AYE ETIBAJA OLOSI NA UNA NO WANT MAK DIS COUNTRY GO FORWARD U FOR GO CALL D DULLARD MAN BAK MAK UR PAPA COM DEPUTISE AM ANIMAL AWON OLGOGORO

Thunder fire you.

So it is you whot voted and supported Buhari that wants this country to move forward? Mumu.
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by udeh3(m): 2:41pm On Oct 25, 2016
legendte:

You just spoke my mind.
The TSA comes to mind. I am still of the view that stealing is not corruption. You don't fight corruption by only arresting goats that eat yams, you efficiently do that by separating the yam from the goats. The real corruption is keeping goats and yams together.

While also supporting your opinion, GEJ also fought corruption in most areas where some Nigerians are blind to see, may be because of ethnicity I may say. GEJ policies brought about the Permanent Voters Card (PVC) that was also used to vote him out. This made corruption during registration and voting to be reduced. His administration brought about the BVN. Also in the banking sector, corruption were fought to the point of some banks liquidating.

What a government should do is to put in mechanism that will fight corruption. The freedom of right to information is also a great policy that was aim to fighting corruption. Before a government can even probe a person, there must be a petition aganist such person. Go to court and see cases of the so-called corruption lacking prove for the cases to be prosecuted.

Fighting corruption is not on the pages of newspapers or via intimidation, but proper anti-corruption policies well implemented is the only wayout

Godbless Nigeria!
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by crush20(m): 2:46pm On Oct 25, 2016
bettercreature:
He was far better than our present president
He is a very big thief but he knows how to steal without causing damages
We presently have clueless demolition man in power

I concur.....100%
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Kessyy2k4(m): 3:25pm On Oct 25, 2016
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Sajio(m): 3:26pm On Oct 25, 2016
Sibrah:
Did I hear you say far better?
If only half of what he stole and was stolen under his watch could be recovered, there will be no trace of recession today. Keep capitalizing on the sorry state his docility and stealing plunged the economy into to type rúbbísh.
In Jonathan we have a man who stole N2.1b among others to sponsor documentary against people he claimed are corrupt.
....... Do you really think the president is fighting corruption whichever way we see the both(Gej/Buhari) Is the ordinary citizens that will enjoy if they do well and will suffer if dey fail... as it is now, we'v got no choice but to buy a bag of rice 27k which was sold @ 8k during Gej era... why is that with all the recovering money, Nigerians still finds it difficult to feed twise a day? and then when the said corrupt Gej was on seat Nigeians were feeding well. whether we like like or not..... posterity will be the final judge.... as for me.... Gej did very well. propaganda everywhere!! I Buhari suceeds.
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Orikinla(m): 3:32pm On Oct 25, 2016
Drinking alcohol is dangerous to the IQ.
The drunkard is incoherent.
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Sajio(m): 3:34pm On Oct 25, 2016
Habakus:
Indeed GEJ is a great man - no questions about that.
This is how a leader should talk: you motivate your people,speak well of their good deeds and attributes; not castigating and embarrassing them globally by calling them criminals.
We have come to realize that fighting of corruption is not by arresting people randomly ( including political enemies) and throwing them in jails; it is by strengthening the right institutions and effecting policies that discourage corruption - hence,the 'goat and yam theory' which on the surface might sound dumb,but is infact,an amazing concept that every serious nation should adopt.
I honestly feel that Nigerians were not ready for GEJ's style of leadership which could have propelled us to one of the best nations.
....... I sight u MaN. you'v said it all, let see how this by force approach will help d fight against corruption and beside buhari should know he has just 4yrs for all this. thanks fo this post bro
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Sibrah: 3:36pm On Oct 25, 2016
Sajio:
....... Do you really think the president is fighting corruption whichever way we see the both(Gej/Buhari) Is the ordinary citizens that will enjoy if they do well and will suffer if dey fail... as it is now, we'v got no choice but to buy a bag of rice 27k which was sold @ 8k during Gej era... why is that with all the recovering money, Nigerians still finds it difficult to feed twise a day? and then when the said corrupt Gej was on seat Nigeians were feeding well. whether we like like or not..... posterity will be the final judge.... as for me.... Gej did very well. propaganda everywhere!! I Buhari suceeds.
recession.
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Sajio(m): 3:36pm On Oct 25, 2016
Habakus:
Indeed GEJ is a great man - no questions about that.
This is how a leader should talk: you motivate your people,speak well of their good deeds and attributes; not castigating and embarrassing them globally by calling them criminals.
We have come to realize that fighting of corruption is not by arresting people randomly ( including political enemies) and throwing them in jails; it is by strengthening the right institutions and effecting policies that discourage corruption - hence,the 'goat and yam theory' which on the surface might sound dumb,but is infact,an amazing concept that every serious nation should adopt.
I honestly feel that Nigerians were not ready for GEJ's style of leadership which could have propelled us to one of the best nations.
... I sight u MaN. you'v said it all, let see how this by force approach will help d fight against corruption and beside buhari should know he has just 4yrs for all this. thanks fo this post bro
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by lanreni: 3:56pm On Oct 25, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Where is your post condemning Amaechi? You are the real Voltron defender of all corrupt people
Are you now comparing Amechi and GEJ's corruption when there were governor and president respectively. Compared to GEJ, Amechi is a saint.

1 Like

Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 25, 2016
IgweBUIKE1:
my man stop supporting mediocrity both of them re nt better off,it was the same buhari that made an audacious statement that prompted the bombin
I didn't say buhari was better, he has his flaws too, but I think Jonathan was in a better position to make Nigeria great but he flopped.
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by wirinet(m): 4:12pm On Oct 25, 2016
udeh3:

While also supporting your opinion, GEJ also fought corruption in most areas where some Nigerians are blind to see , may be because of ethnicity I may say. GEJ policies brought about the Permanent Voters Card (PVC) that was also used to vote him out. This made corruption during registration and voting to be reduced. His administration brought about the BVN. Also in the banking sector, corruption were fought to the point of some banks liquidating.

What a government should do is to put in mechanism that will fight corruption. The freedom of right to information is also a great policy that was aim to fighting corruption. Before a government can even probe a person, there must be a petition aganist such person. Go to court and see cases of the so-called corruption lacking prove for the cases to be prosecuted.

Fighting corruption is not on the pages of newspapers or via intimidation, but proper anti-corruption policies well implemented is the only wayout

Godbless Nigeria!

Bolded is greatest fallacy of the century? GEJ fought corruption by pardoning convicted corrupt officials, abi? He fought corruption by protecting Stella Oduah, who was indicted by a panel set up by him. He fought corruption by shielding Abba Moro, who scammed and kill job seeking youths.
The PVC which you are praising GEJ was an innovation introduced by Jega that was strongly opposed by GEJ's party.
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Keballl: 4:19pm On Oct 25, 2016
wirinet:

Bolded is greatest fallacy of the century? GEJ fought corruption by pardoning convicted corrupt officials, abi? He fought corruption by protecting Stella Oduah, who was indicted by a panel set up by him. He fought corruption by shielding Abba Moro, who scammed and kill job seeking youths.
The PVC which you are praising GEJ was an innovation introduced by Jega that was strongly opposed by GEJ's party.

What is Dambazau,Buratie, Kyari and Amaechi still doing in Buhari gov't.

Una no dey shame.
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Brainiacmrtolz(m): 4:40pm On Oct 25, 2016
Can a devil cast out a devil except the kingdom be devided against itself? A certified corruption professional saying he fought corruption
smh
Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by wirinet(m): 4:43pm On Oct 25, 2016
Keballl:

What is Dambazau,Buratie, Kyari and Amaechi still doing in Buhari gov't.

Una no dey shame.

You should hide your self in shame. Was Dambazau, Buratai, Kyari and Amaechi not alive during Jonathan's period? I thought you people said GEJ fought corruption without making noise. What did he not fight them silently without making noise so we could have seen the result?

Very annoying people.

1 Like

Re: We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan by Keballl: 4:56pm On Oct 25, 2016
wirinet:

You should hide your self in shame. Was Dambazau, Buratai, Kyari and Amaechi not alive during Jonathan's period? I thought you people said GEJ fought corruption without making noise. What did he not fight them silently without making noise so we could have seen the result?

Very annoying people.

You should be even more ashamed that Mr. Integrity is shielding the corrupt in his employ. Who are you to castigate others on corruption when you are doing even worse.

Your hypocrisy stinks. You are all shameless lots.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos From President Jonathan's Visit To AIT This Morning / Aisha Alhassan Dumps APC, Withdraws Her Membership (Letter) / Late Chief Konam Porbeni Reburied In Aduku In Bayelsa State..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.