Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,555 members, 7,809,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? (3734 Views)

Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China / Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? / When Did The Old Covenant End? - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by steppin: 2:49pm On Oct 25, 2016
TomHagen:
Joke of the day. How many ''intellectual circles'' have you been in?
He's been hanging out with Albert Einstein. grin
Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by justlove91(m): 4:33pm On Oct 25, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
Dear Nairaland Atheists, why and when did you decide to dump religion? Please share with me.
When I find out I can actually walk better on my two legs, so I threw away the crutches.
Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by Fabulousb36(f): 5:01pm On Oct 25, 2016
hahn:
Luckily for me, I was not born in a religious home although at a certain point in my life I thought, why not? What do I have to lose in believing there is a god up there who cares about me and loves me enough to throw me in hell for eternity if I don't love it back.

Then one day I knelt down and was praying with my wife and then it hit me. I was talking to myself undecided

Then you also have to consider all the ridiculous stories one has to deceive himself to believe. Talking snakes, talking donkeys, the mass genocide by Jehovah via Noah's flood and at Sodom and Gomorrah, the virgin birth of Jesus, flying chariots and all other bullsh*t in the bible and all other religious holy book of lies.

Even Dexter's laboratory made more sense undecided

Mehn ur case is serious
Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by hahn(m): 5:17pm On Oct 25, 2016
Fabulousb36:

Mehn ur case is serious

Not as serious as the case of Africans who believe there is a white dude in the sky who cares about them enough to burn them for eternity if they do not love it back

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by hopefulLandlord: 5:19pm On Oct 25, 2016
hahn:

Not as serious as the case of Africans who believe there is a white dude in the sky who cares about them enough to burn them for eternity if they do not love it back

they also believe a Jew who died in a small village in far away Israel died for their sins

meanwhile, almost all Jews didn't believe that

its like Americans saying Murtala Mohammed died for their sins while we (Nigerians who saw him die) laugh at them

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by hahn(m): 5:28pm On Oct 25, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

they also believe a Jew who died in a small village in far away Israel died for their sins

meanwhile, almost all Jews didn't believe that

its like Americans saying Murtala Mohammed died for their sins while we (Nigerians who saw him die) laugh at them

I just tire for the matter

1 Like

Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by Fabulousb36(f): 6:01pm On Oct 25, 2016
Seun:

I gave up on just assuming that the religion my parents raised me to believe in is true. I decided to withhold belief until I got strong evidence.
I knew it Seun, u are Not even a serious atheist u are just a confused Christian and u Just let out ur confusion on oda Christians hu seem to be more focused dan u. It is Not ur fault sha I blame d absurd doctrines most Nigerian churches have. As for me I let myself loose from d shackles of religion and embraced my God given freedom a long time ago. I Go to church to receive strength and encouragement to face my week although I'm aware many believers pretend in church but hu cares... it's dia life. I study my Bible So dat No one can deceive me. I chose to believe in God. I pray to him for strength den I handle my issues. I don't blame anyone for my failures. I tried doing tins on my own once and I got So frustrated So now I feel better knowing dat I have someone to talk to who has d best plans for me.
P.S - U can't conclude dat something is absent just becoz u were unable to prove it's presence #GodIsNotDead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 26, 2016
Fabulousb36:

I knew it Seun, u are Not even a serious atheist u are just a confused Christian and u Just let out ur confusion on oda Christians hu seem to be more focused dan u. It is Not ur fault sha I blame d absurd doctrines most Nigerian churches have. As for me I let myself loose from d shackles of religion and embraced my God given freedom a long time ago. I Go to church to receive strength and encouragement to face my week although I'm aware many believers pretend in church but hu cares... it's dia life. I study my Bible So dat No one can deceive me. I chose to believe in God. I pray to him for strength den I handle my issues. I don't blame anyone for my failures. I tried doing tins on my own once and I got So frustrated So now I feel better knowing dat I have someone to talk to who has d best plans for me.
P.S - U can't conclude dat something is absent just becoz u were unable to prove it's presence #GodIsNotDead

Which of the Gods?
Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 26, 2016
One thing led to another. Questions upon questions, left unansweres. The selfishness of a religious person, the madness of religion itself...

...event after event, till I went from being a prominent member in the school choir to being agnostic after school. grin
Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by ChemicalReaction(f): 11:13am On Oct 26, 2016
masonkz:

Which of the Gods?
In all sincerity, do you actually believe that there's no GOD?
Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 26, 2016
FvckShiT:
I never fūcking thought Seun was once a fūcking religious being grin

I fūcking believe in Science......and fūcking nothing more cool

I don't even believe in fvcking science mate nah all theories grin

I believe we are fvcking Gods in our own fvckin right.

We are fvcking spiritual beings having a fvcking human experience cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by Nobody: 12:42am On Oct 27, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
https://www.nairaland.com/3175859/all-atheists-why-did-atheist go through this thread sis
Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by ChemicalReaction(f): 6:13am On Oct 27, 2016
Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by otemanuduno: 9:58am On Oct 27, 2016
Chubhie:
When I cast my spiritual eyes on this thread, I see demons typing away!

You filthy things are too small to stop the kingdom of God. Repent before your grace period elapse.
lol...one THREAT FOUND cheesy
Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by simongonner: 1:24pm On Oct 27, 2016
TrapQueen77:
I stop being too religious when all I see are these hypocrite ppol, praising and worshipping their God in 2hours and after that, everything is back to Normal biznez of lies, deceiving others, gossiping, back biting.,cheating ,lust ,disrespectful etc ...
Juz name all horrible traits, they have it and blame it to the devil when somebody caught them doing such thing... angry

[size=18pt]and these are the same ppol claiming that they are the CHILDREN OF GOD[/size]

exactly..you just said my mind
.100%
Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 27, 2016
ChemicalReaction:

My stance is: I don't know, and I don't care. If there's a god, he/she/it certainly wouldn't be so bothered about someone worshiping her/him/it.

Nor would a god throw you to some burning flame for not believing in him/her/it, when in all sincerity, the god never told me himself/herself/itself, that he/she/it needed to be worshipped.

grin
Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by AreaFada2: 12:31am On Nov 04, 2016
I think we all need a reality check with religious things.
Religion as an idea isn't bad. If practiced with love & harmony with oneself, fellow beings & nature.

But sadly, religions seem to make us sit on a high horse & dishing out sanctimonious judgement of others. Even when we know that when properly examined, we probably have more flaws than the next person.

If we followed actual teachings of the prophets about love & compassion, we would be better people & the world a better place. The spirituality & reward of it in heaven or wherever would be a personal thing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atheist, Whats Your Take On ANIMAL -HUMAN Sex? / Strange, Unbiblical Practices By T.B Joshua / Ogunda Meji {eji-oko} ~ Why The Lower End Of Rabbit's Tail Is White

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.