Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress (42680 Views)

The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes / Update On The Lagos Light Rail, Eko Bridge Axis - Photos / The True State Of Lagos Light Rail Marina Axis - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by drnoel: 11:40am On Oct 25, 2016
Sibrah:
Lol . . . How will naysayers sleep today?
This is one of the advantages of voting in a single party with a supervisory 'godfather' who picks the top candidates often. Tinubu maybe totally 'useless' . . . but not to 'everybody'
True talk. Every one knows he owns lagos
Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by saintdennis(m): 11:43am On Oct 25, 2016
Oooo *fuming*OP stop posting pics na. Pls delete the thread.

Let them in the region I come from be fooling themselves with "our oyel" chants when till today ND states have nothing to show for all their large revenue except godfather's and militants.

Abeg nobody should post pics of the massive ajah interchange being constructed.

God bless tinubu.

I'm happy oshiomole picked obaseki not some. Egotistic self-serving pastor called iyamu... +ve continuity breeds growth

1 Like

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by saintdennis(m): 11:50am On Oct 25, 2016
[quote author=jayjay1512 post=50492048][/quote]

True.

But it starts from the people tho... many people. R still sooo inconsiderate imagine destroying BRT buses because of accident?

So far the new strategy for the BRT has been working as buses r clean (inside-out) new bus -parks are being created they're working on the route to ajah (once construction on the ajah interchange finishes)
A/c still working etc

But some hoodlums still vandalising the buses @ any slight issue
Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by saintdennis(m): 11:56am On Oct 25, 2016
seguno2:

Can you share with us how the:

a) 3 Senators
b) 10 Representatives

from Lagos state in NASS dealt with this alleged federal impediment at the legislative level?
Assuming that your story is not false, GEJ would still be a venerable Saint compared to Buhari who cancelled Jakande's metro line in 1984 after jailing the poor man and paying breach of contract fines in a depressed economy.
As for Tinubu and Obasanjo on Enron barge scandal, they were simply playing politics with their foolish fellow citizens. Are they not waving their APC broom together now?
Open up to the reality, bro.
Don't let yourself be deceived any longer.

Bro what aspect of human life is politics not involved?

Even the militancy, ipob is it not political? Are political heavyweights not backing them behind camera?

This herdsmen crisis is it not political? Chibok girls wasn't it politicised?

Man by nature is a political animal...politics 101.

So when tinubu created LCDA'S. To boost devt and obj witheld lag allocation yet tinubu forged ahead and today we are all seeing the benefits it was JUST PLAYING POLITICS WITH FOOLISH CITIZENS?

Bro it's u who needs to open your eyes, you've been ignorant too long.

If FG grants states right to power automatically lag will have 24/7 light within 3-6years.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by bidexmat(m): 12:14pm On Oct 25, 2016
Rossikk:
The fact is that despite all her problems, Nigeria is developing, and gradually becoming a modern, 21st century nation. At the rate we're going, this country will look very different in the next 20 to 30 years.
Dude, if you are refering to Lagos as Nigeria then you are right, otherwise your 20/30 years vision is a joke. Not a pessimist though, Nigeria is a dead nation state on arrival. Every other state aside lagos is redundant and two decades backward. I just wonder what lagos will become when It's Eko Atlantic city is completed. Nigeria is loaded with bunch of stubborn people with wrong thinking. When they say Nigeria is a third world country they mean lagos, the rest makes up a fourth world country. I stopped weeping for Nigeria a long time ago cos there's no need. Just work hard, live a good life, be a father to be remembered for good.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by gabe: 12:54pm On Oct 25, 2016
Lagos is the 5th largest economy in Africa. Well done to lagos, but we expect more...
Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 25, 2016
Eko o ni baje.
Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by princeso2020(m): 2:11pm On Oct 25, 2016
Interesting; May God continue to bless the government of Lagos state. It is possible in Nigeria not only in western world.
Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by shotster50(m): 2:14pm On Oct 25, 2016
Nigeria is developing?! Snail speed perharps.. Lool.. You who are pleased with any and everything
Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 25, 2016
Wow.... This is cool.
Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by fourthworld: 4:24pm On Oct 25, 2016
Sibrah:
Lol . . . How will naysayers sleep today?
This is one of the advantages of voting in a single party with a supervisory 'godfather' who picks the top candidates often. Tinubu maybe totally 'useless' . . . but not to 'everybody'

Tinubu is a genius at picking good leaders. If the Dullard had allowed him to select credible people, Nigeria would not be in recession today. Though he messed up big time for supporting the wrong man, however his foresight in picking credible leaders can't be discarded

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by fourthworld: 4:29pm On Oct 25, 2016
aresssa:

This single issue is a major impediment. Reminds me how GEJ played politics with the Lagos Metro Rail Red Line.

Investors were ready with over 1 billion dollars to invest for the construction of the Red Line from Lagos to Ogun state, but GEJ refused to approve the Iddo station right off way which frustrated the investors till they eventually gave up...

Funny enough, Lagos state started this Metro Rail dream over 30 years ago, they broke ground and stationed heavy equipment in Yaba and even paid millions of dollars which the state lost after the FG refused to guarantee the loan and forex for the projects and this was done by the same PMB as the head of state.

Same way OBJ frustrated Tinubu's 271MW IPP which was the 1st IPP in Nigeria. Imagine Lagos state today without FG's bad bele, lack of vision and foresight and crass tribalism. I see many more Metro rail and fully developed rail system in Lagos state without that shameful and anti progress intervention by the FG 30 years ago and even Lagos state with many more IPPs today if not for the same shortsighted FG bad bele and frustration.

The only silver lining is the fact that Lagos state did not give up on their Metro rail dream, they just picked the right time to dust off their plans and resume work on the same project 30 years later..

Lagos state is not short of good and visionary leaders, the problem is always the FG.

And my question is this; is this so called FG allergic to development? What sort of human beings are they? It's quite appalling that sane human beings will play politics to stop development. That's why the zoo best describes this nation
Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by fourthworld: 4:38pm On Oct 25, 2016
freeborn76:

I am Yoruba, I am Lagosian from Ikorodu, yet I find your comment senseless and infantile...just commend (if you must) and buzz off! Other regions are also trying their bit...Anambra is experiencing agricultural transformation, Cross River is silently developing and the governor of Sokoto state has shown that he is visionary...stop this childish bigotry abeg, it is uncalled for.

Thanks bro for talking sense into the skull of the old fellow with kindergarten brain
Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by fourthworld: 4:46pm On Oct 25, 2016
bidexmat:
Dude, if you are refering to Lagos as Nigeria then you are right, otherwise your 20/30 years vision is a joke. Not a pessimist though, Nigeria is a dead nation state on arrival. Every other state aside lagos is redundant and two decades backward. I just wonder what lagos will become when It's Eko Atlantic city is completed. Nigeria is loaded with bunch of stubborn people with wrong thinking. When they say Nigeria is a third world country they mean lagos, the rest makes up a fourth world country. I stopped weeping for Nigeria a long time ago cos there's no need. Just work hard, live a good life, be a father to be remembered for good.

Wow, I am happy that someone has copied the word I coined to describe Nigeria: fourth world Country

1 Like

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 25, 2016
I'm impressed. Good to see. Hoping the one built in Port Harcourt faces the same improvement. For now the project looks completely abandoned.
Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by Rossikk(m): 6:00pm On Oct 25, 2016
bidexmat:
Dude, if you are refering to Lagos as Nigeria then you are right, otherwise your 20/30 years vision is a joke. Not a pessimist though, Nigeria is a dead nation state on arrival. Every other state aside lagos is redundant and two decades backward. I just wonder what lagos will become when It's Eko Atlantic city is completed. Nigeria is loaded with bunch of stubborn people with wrong thinking. When they say Nigeria is a third world country they mean lagos, the rest make up a fourth world country. I stopped weeping for Nigeria a long time ago cos there's no need. Just work hard, live a good life, be a father to be remembered for good.
Sorry, but that 's a load of absolute garbage you posted. Thank goodness we don't have your type in power. Your tribalism stinks, and I bet you don't travel round the country much, like many of your ilk. Lagos is by far the biggest city in Nigeria, and therefore has seen the most infrastructural investment. That is no reason to trash the rest of the country. Even in the UK, no city comes close to London. In Kenya, no city comes close to Nairobi. In France, no city can compete with Paris. That doesn't mean people in those places go around insulting and dismissing the rest of the country.
Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by bidexmat(m): 6:08pm On Oct 25, 2016
Rossikk:
Sorry, but that 's a load of absolute garbage you posted. Thank goodness we don't have your type in power.
I would have chosen to ignore your lame thinking but I need to let you know you have said nothing to negate, rather than communicate, all you dish out of your mouth is just pathetic. I don't do rofo rofo fight kid. You will live to understand your foolishness today. Continue barking like a toothless bulldog.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by Rossikk(m): 6:12pm On Oct 25, 2016
bidexmat:
I would have chosen to ignore your lame thinking but I need to let you know you have said nothing to negate, rather than communicate, all you dish out of your mouth is just pathetic. I don't do rofo rofo fight kid. You will live to understand your foolishness today. Continue barking like a toothless bulldog.
I could be your dad, 'kid'. You have an awful lot to learn.
Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by bidexmat(m): 6:24pm On Oct 25, 2016
Rossikk:
I could be your dad, 'kid'. You have an awful lot to learn.
then you should have been long dead since you are same age with adaline. No little wonder you lack rational thinking. The early man era you fit in has long gone into extinction prate! Your damned mentality has finished this so called entity.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 25, 2016
Rossikk:
The fact is that despite all her problems, Nigeria is developing, and gradually becoming a modern, 21st century nation. At the rate we're going, this country will look very different in the next 20 to 30 years.

"Flesh and blood hath not revealed this to
thee"

But seriously, looking carefully at the data,
Nigeria has a lot of potential.

You think all these foreigners are here to
play "okoso"?

We need to think strategically to be a part
of the great future ahead.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by Ryabcool(m): 8:54pm On Oct 25, 2016
TerrorSquad147:
I've saved this comment for future reference
don't be deceived. That guy is not yoruba. He's nothing more than a troublemaker, and his views are not the opinions of yoruba people in general.
Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by TerrorSquad147: 9:18pm On Oct 25, 2016
Ryabcool:
don't be deceived. That guy is not yoruba. He's nothing more than a troublemaker, and his views are not the opinions of yoruba people in general.
lemme believe you
Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by Danfuster(m): 9:38pm On Oct 25, 2016
hotwax:
[size=16pt]I can see pained people posting pictures of ancient city of Ibadan. Ibadan is an old city. We are proud of it. Yes the red roof makes it unique.

What else do you have?

Lagos and Ogun state are growing everyday. Modernizing. Osun state is growing too...[/size]

[size=16pt]
We are Yorubas, and we are proud of our Historical Heritage. We are not bastards who give description of his father's house with a left hand. We share the same aerial view with Rome and we all know no city holds ancient heritage as Rome, so they don't call us SOPHISTICATED for nothing.
You really can't blame them you know, what do you expect from people whose Heritage such as this was blown back to cosmos between July 6, 1967 – January 15, 1970... They're just pained.

[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by aresa: 11:59pm On Oct 25, 2016
[s]
seguno2:

Can you share with us how the:

a) 3 Senators
b) 10 Representatives

from Lagos state in NASS dealt with this alleged federal impediment at the legislative level?
Assuming that your story is not false, GEJ would still be a venerable Saint compared to Buhari who cancelled Jakande's metro line in 1984 after jailing the poor man and paying breach of contract fines in a depressed economy.
As for Tinubu and Obasanjo on Enron barge scandal, they were simply playing politics with their foolish fellow citizens. Are they not waving their APC broom together now?
Open up to the reality, bro.
Don't let yourself be deceived any longer.
[/s]

[b]While the Blue Line (Okokomaiko -Marina) corridor is now reaching about 96 per cent completion, with expected test running commencing in the next two months, work on the red line had met a brick wall as the Federal Government has failed to respond to a request by the state government to allow it use the Federal Government’s right of way.

It would be recalled that the state governor, Babatunde Fashola had repeatedly stated that the red line light rail project has not commenced because the Federal Government has failed to respond to the application to allow the state government make use of the right of way from Iddo for the commencement of the project.

Sharing the same view, the All Progressives Congress (APC ) had also accused President Goodluck Jonathan of being hypocritical over his persistent claim of reviving the railway when he has bluntly refused to grant the necessary right-of-way approval to the Lagos Metropolitan Transport Authority (LAMATA ) for the construction of its redline light rail project from Iddo to Ifo in Ogun State
.[/b]

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/red-line-rail-corridor-hope-brightens-as-fg-lagos-political-divide-closes/

Going back and forth with you and your kind is like education illiterates with zero knowledge of anything about their own country...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by aresa: 12:14am On Oct 26, 2016
fourthworld:

And my question is this; is this so called FG allergic to development? What sort of human beings are they? It's quite appalling that sane human beings will play politics to stop development. That's why the zoo best describes this nation

The FG is indeed allergic to development, but the problem goes deeper than that, it extends to tribal and regional sabotage by the head of state or president in power, politics and shallow an shortsighted thinking to make sure one region doesn't develop faster than their or other regions.

What happened to the 1st Lagos Metro Rail system back in the 80's was pure tribalism and sabotage to slow down progress in the SW.

Lagos state lost millions of dollars on that project and in fact, till recently the FG was still deducting funds from that project from Lagos state's allocations, same with the Lagos state's first 271MW IPP, we are still paying for FG sabotage with allocation deductions.

Look at Dangote refinery in Lagos, this is the largest investment in AFRICA at the moment, we are talking about the largest single refinery in the world, largest petrochemicals, fertilizer plants in Africa costing over $14 billion.

The point is, this project was slated for Olokola FTZ in Ondo state, but the silly PDP state and governor played games endlessly with the project before Fashola jumped in and did everything under the sun to divert the project and Dangote to Lagos. That was a major investment coup and Mimiko should forever bury his head in shame.

Like I said before, Lagos don't give up, they just keep coming back regardless of the set back.

Eko o ni baje is not just a slogan, it's a state of mind, way of life, culture and call to duty...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by olamkas: 12:41pm On Oct 26, 2016
Lagos is a visionary state.
Eko oni baje lola Oluwa
Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by olamkas: 12:42pm On Oct 26, 2016
Good job so far but does anyone have updates on the 4th mainland bridge?
I will like to know
Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by 7lives: 3:46pm On Oct 26, 2016
hotwax:
[size=16pt]I can see pained people posting pictures of ancient city of Ibadan. Ibadan is an old city. We are proud of it. Yes the red roof makes it unique.

What else do you have?

Lagos and Ogun state are growing everyday. Modernizing. Osun state is growing too...[/size]

DON'T MIND THEM, WHEN YORUBA WERE BUILDING THIS OLD TOWNS, THERE OWN FATHERS WERE STILL LIVING IN CAVES AND RUNNING AROUND IN LEAVES.
Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by 7lives: 4:02pm On Oct 26, 2016
aresa:

The FG is indeed allergic to development, but the problem goes deeper than that, it extends to tribal and regional sabotage by the head of state or president in power, politics and shallow an shortsighted thinking to make sure one region doesn't develop faster than their or other regions.

What happened to the 1st Lagos Metro Rail system back in the 80's was pure tribalism and sabotage to slow down progress in the SW.

Lagos state lost millions of dollars on that project and in fact, till recently the FG was still deducting funds from that project from Lagos state's allocations, same with the Lagos state's first 271MW IPP, we are still paying for FG sabotage with allocation deductions.

Look at Dangote refinery in Lagos, this is the largest investment in AFRICA at the moment, we are talking about the largest single refinery in the world, largest petrochemicals, fertilizer plants in Africa costing over $14 billion.

The point is, this project was slated for Olokola FTZ in Ondo state, but the silly PDP state and governor played games endlessly with the project before Fashola jumped in and did everything under the sun to divert the project and Dangote to Lagos. That was a major investment coup and Mimiko should forever bury his head in shame.

Like I said before, Lagos don't give up, they just keep coming back regardless of the set back.

Eko o ni baje is not just a slogan, it's a state of mind, way of life, culture and call to duty...

Now i know why Mimiko no longer command respect in Ondo state, Jeez what was he thinking?.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Shares Injury Inflicted On Her By A Bolt Driver (Photos) / Train Rams Into Car In Kubwa Abuja; Female Driver Feared Dead (pics/video) / Qatar Airways Launches Double Bed In Business Class (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.