Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,981 members, 7,803,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Nigerian Boy Wakes Up From Coma Speaking Spanish - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Boy Wakes Up From Coma Speaking Spanish (908 Views)

Kxng.olu: Oprah Winfrey Replaces The Phone Of A Nigerian Boy With An iPhone 11 / Davido Wakes Up By Midnight To Celebrate Chioma's Birthday. Fans React / Tonto Dikeh Wakes Up With Swollen Eyes, Says "I Can't See" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Boy Wakes Up From Coma Speaking Spanish by datswasup(f): 7:02am On Oct 25, 2016
Imagine having a coma and waking up speaking an entirely different language. That was the case of a Nigerian teenage boy who almost lost his life after suffering a concussion during a game of football.

The boy, #ReubenNsemoh woke up from a coma speaking only in Spanish, it has been reported.

“ I was in shock and panic, ” 16-year-old Nsemoh’s coach, Bruno Kalonji , told WSB-TV .

According to Kalonji, Nsemoh stopped breathing several times after the blow.

“He will start coming back, then he will throw up. It was a sequence of things I’ve never seen, it was bad,” he added.
By the time the ambulance arrived, Nsemoh appeared to be having seizures. He ended up going into a coma for three days.

“It started flowing out,” the teen told TIME. “I felt like it was like second nature for me. I wasn’t speaking my English right, and every time I tried to speak it I would have a seizure.”

Well apparently after finally waking up, Nsemoh motioned for food before saying, “Tengo hambre,” (which means “I am hungry” in Spanish), surprising his mother who says he has never spoken Spanish so fluently before.

“I was very shocked. That’s something he’s never done before. When he got up and he started speaking Spanish, I was confused,” his mother said.

Even though this instance is very rare, it has happened before. Diagnosed as Foreign Accent Syndrome, people can randomly start speaking other languages after suffering Traumatic Brain Injury.

“Definitely, it’s a miracle,” Nsemoh said. “My son is awake, I don’t care what language he’s speaking. Whatever went on, he’s alive today and I believe 100 percent in recovery.”

She has since created a GoFundMe page to help raise $25k which would go towards paying his medical bills.

www.datswasupblog..co.ke/2016/10/nigerian-boy-wakes-up-from-coma.html

Re: Nigerian Boy Wakes Up From Coma Speaking Spanish by AmSmart(m): 7:07am On Oct 25, 2016
The name of this miracle is called 'lingual transfiguration'... Hallelujah! If u need that kind of miracle, just contact for swahili, mau-mau, asante languages etc

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boy Wakes Up From Coma Speaking Spanish by CplusJason: 7:17am On Oct 25, 2016
So my pastor have been in coma all this while?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

So Sweet! Janet Jackson Plans To Name Her Son After Late Brother Michael / Phyno Dancing With Masquerade On Stage Live In Enugu,(pics,video) / OMG! Woman With Two Husbands Explains How She Enjoys S*x With Them (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.