Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,846 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:19 AM

Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC (15538 Views)

Judge Orders Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia Into The Dock / Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia To Remain In EFCC Custody For More 2 Weeks / Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Finally Surrenders To efcc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by dre11(m): 7:11am On Oct 25, 2016
Justice Rita Ofili-Ajumugobia was granted bail on Saturday evening after detectives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) searched her home in Lagos, SaharaReporters has learned.

When the agents were done with their search, the Federal High Court judge, who was caught in a fake attempt to check herself into Golden Cross Hospital in Ikoyi in order to avoid her summons, was weeping like a baby.

The EFCC found several documents showing the judge had bought homes abroad and also recently, on Park Avenue in Ikoyi.

The most damning document shows that the judge, who once freed former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode on a technicality over corruption charges, had wired at least $900,000 to foreign banks between 2014-2016. She could not explain the source of the funds to investigators, who asked her to return to their offices on Monday.

Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia turned herself in to the EFCC on Thursday after she was traced to a hospital in Lagos where she had claimed she was admitted.

As soon as the detectives found out her admission was fake, they arrested the medical director of the hospital, which led the judge to surrender.

Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia is one of the eight judges currently under investigation by the EFCC for various corruption issues.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/10/24/justice-ofili-ajumogobia-wired-900k-foreign-bank-accounts-two-years-efcc-sources

5 Likes

Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:15am On Oct 25, 2016
Kill All Corrupt Judges cool cool cool cool

modifed: But this woman got pretty eyes like my Fiancee cry

Well Senator Samuel Anyanwu 2019 cool

16 Likes

Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by Horlufemi(m): 7:16am On Oct 25, 2016
grin
Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by AmSmart(m): 7:17am On Oct 25, 2016
dre11:

http://saharareporters.com/2016/10/24/justice-ofili-ajumogobia-wired-900k-foreign-bank-accounts-two-years-efcc-sources

the media and fg makes suspect look guilty even £efore trials, its wrong and dats exactly wats happenin to dis woman n it could £e anyne tmrw

12 Likes

Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by kingphilip(m): 7:18am On Oct 25, 2016
Nigeria I hail thee.. I am just wondering if they're the ones receiving who's then giving the bribe because I'm not sure they're the ones printing the money they are claiming to wire outside and within the country

BTW what do I know.. Charge them to court and recover all so that this government will see the ones to loot because as it is presently there's no looting money around

Still awaiting the prosecution of the others that were searched in the dead of the night

5 Likes

Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by kollisin(m): 7:19am On Oct 25, 2016
Hahahahahahaha
It is only in nigeria where the leader uses their country fund to develop another country.....

Just remembering ma role model.....

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by chriskosherbal(m): 7:19am On Oct 25, 2016
sad
Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by greatiyk4u(m): 7:20am On Oct 25, 2016
These people re not just corrupt but also heartless and wicked

Why wont we be in recession with all these revelation of ill acquired wealth

Now i know why many Nigerians re poor

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by omenka(m): 7:33am On Oct 25, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Kill All Corrupt Judges cool cool cool cool
Your own na to shout kill, kill, kill. Whooo!! Make you no come dey imagine same with my sister wen u wan marry oo!!

2 Likes

Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 25, 2016
Some information should be classified so that it doesn't affect investigation. Besides, like Amsmart said, these media reports pass a guilty verdict on the suspects which is a complete erosion of their right to a fair trial.

The EFCC really needs to be circumspect in its dealings with the media.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by AmSmart(m): 7:37am On Oct 25, 2016
bejeiodus:
Some information should be classified so that it doesn't affect investigation. Besides, like Amsmart said, these media reports pass a guilty verdict on the suspects which is a complete erosion of their right to a fair trial.
The EFCC must be circumspect in his dealings with the media.
. My point exactly

8 Likes

Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by otukpo(f): 7:37am On Oct 25, 2016
A woman for that matter.

1 Like

Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:38am On Oct 25, 2016
omenka:
Your own na to shout kill, kill, kill. Whooo!! Make you no come dey imagine same with my sister wen u wan marry oo!!

Lol bros I don suffer for one judge hand growin up as a kid oh. My PAPA loose property wey him build after a cunning judgement.. Since that time I always dey hate all judges I see wella grin grin

Nope oh haba I no dey use My Fiancee Play at all grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by agbangam: 7:40am On Oct 25, 2016
Lobatan!!! I give up on dis our supposed to be Mothers... $950k..God y u send me come dis country?? ?

3 Likes

Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by omenka(m): 7:40am On Oct 25, 2016
They have started arriving as usual to defend a big criminal who doesn't even have the faintest knowledge about their existence.

It would surprise you these same people were the ones who stripped some poor dude naked in the streets of Aba yesterday and tied a bunch of plaintain around his neck, flogging him as he begged for mercy. Dude was probably hungry and needed something to eat- what he "stole" wasn't up to 1500 naira in total- but no one thought about the Rule of Law for a second, after all, he's a poor man.

But when you steal billions, pocketing monies meant for these people and their children unborn, you see them scramble to your defence if anyone as much as dare to mention your name and any derogatory word in a single sentence!

Shame!

66 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by Mujaheeeden: 7:46am On Oct 25, 2016
Take her to court and stop all these media trials that has no benefit to anyone

4 Likes

Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by Mujaheeeden: 7:48am On Oct 25, 2016
omenka:
They [s]have started arriving as usual to defend a big criminal who doesn't even have the faintest knowledge about their existence.

It would surprise you these same people were the ones who stripped some poor dude naked in the streets of Aba yesterday and tied a bunch of plaintain around his neck, flogging him as he begged for mercy. Dude was probably hungry and needed something to eat- what he "stole" wasn't up to 1500 naira in total- but no one thought about the Rule of Law for a second, after all, he's a poor man.[/s]

But when you steal billions, pocketing monies meant for these people and their children unborn, you see them scramble to your defence if anyone as much as dare to mention your name and any derogatory word in a single sentence!

Shame!
Show me who has being convicted since all these media trials started?

7 Likes

Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by ijustdey: 7:49am On Oct 25, 2016
The most damning document shows that the judge, who once freed former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode on a technicality over corruption charges

Technicality...... that's how some electoral Tribunal cases were lost because the lawyers and judges were focusing on technicalities and not the moral, weighty allegation and evidence in support of those cases....

5 Likes

Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by SalomonKane: 7:50am On Oct 25, 2016
All the evidence gathered should be used immediately to prosecute her. People who thwart the course of justice should be given a taste of the justice that isn't thwarted.

4 Likes

Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by SalomonKane: 7:51am On Oct 25, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Show me who has being convicted since all these media trials started?

Efcc knows their Zone B kids needs to eat so they feed them these
Are you saying the accused are not guilty?

3 Likes

Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by SalomonKane: 7:52am On Oct 25, 2016
otukpo:
A woman for that matter.
grin
Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by tiger28: 7:56am On Oct 25, 2016
bejeiodus:

The EFCC really needs to be circumspect in its dealings with the media.
am sure you that it's not an official statement from the EFCC.

1 Like

Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by Mujaheeeden: 8:00am On Oct 25, 2016
SalomonKane:
Are you saying the accused are not guilty?
Has any Court of Law pronounced them GUILTY undecided

I fear for this daft generation

4 Likes

Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by SalomonKane: 8:02am On Oct 25, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Has any Court of Law pronounced them GUILTY undecided

I fear for this daft generation

Is it today you know the nigerian judicial process is slow, very slow in meting out judgment on the accused?

And here you 'fear' for this generation.

10 Likes

Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by simpleseyi: 8:19am On Oct 25, 2016
GEJ forgot to list this woman's account balances in foreign banks as one of his achievement. I think GEJ forgot this.

9 Likes

Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by 989900D: 8:22am On Oct 25, 2016
This is too shameful for the judiciary of any country.

4 Likes

Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by Noblesoul123: 8:27am On Oct 25, 2016
I knew there was a reason why the NBA did a U-turn & called on the judges arrested by the DSS to step aside. They must have been confronted with hard evidence such as this one. I have said it before & I will say it again;
the afternoon thunder that will fire these people & their supporters is still consulting with ISIS

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by nijanigga: 8:27am On Oct 25, 2016
she got the money from her fish business.

3 Likes

Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by BALLOSKI: 8:27am On Oct 25, 2016
Smh
Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by martineinstein(m): 8:28am On Oct 25, 2016
where are those useless youths dat support corruption?

4 Likes

Re: Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Wired $900k To Foreign Bank Accounts In Two Years- EFCC by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 25, 2016
shocked shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N166billion Contract Mess: 10 Questions For Minister Fashola - Premium Times / Ondo Election: Elites May Support Akeredolu While The Masses May Reject Him / IPOB To Start Enforcing Ban On Cow Meat, Open Grazing April 27th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.