Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

10 Businesses You Can Do As An Undergraduate - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 10 Businesses You Can Do As An Undergraduate (1323 Views)

10 Businesses You Can Start With N100,000 / 10 Businesses That Can Make You Rich In Nigeria / Top 10 Businesses You Can Do To Survive Recession In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Businesses You Can Do As An Undergraduate by infonancial: 7:37am On Oct 25, 2016
Life in the university especially in Nigeria is not an easy one, you need to study hard to get a good CGPA, do a lot of late night reading, buy text books, hand-outs, attend seminars, project/ research work, accommodation, coupled with rising educational cost charge. Sometimes money sent for upkeep might not be enough as a result of the rate of inflation, there are genuine ways to make extra money for yourself, and here are 10 businesses you can combine with your studies and still make a good grade and become financially independent.

1) Starting a tutorial class: Most students need extra lessons for some courses that appear difficult to them, when I was in 100L used to attend tutorial class on maths, physics and chemistry. It’s one way you can make good money, what is required for you to start this is to get a good venue, it can be within the school premises or outside the school premises (It will be more cheaper inside the school premises), print some flyers to distribute to your course mates, and other students, spread the good news about your new tutorial with words of mouth too, choose a catchy name for your tutorial centre. You do not need to spend much in starting this business, you can budget N15, 000 for venue and flyers and some logistics, if you charge N3, 000 per month for each student, and you have fifty students, in a month you will make N150, 000. It is a very profitable business, you will not only make money but you will also improve yourself (personal development) by impacting knowledge to others.

2) Selling Okrika wears: This is popularly known as ‘Tokunbo’ or bend down select (Fairly used clothes, shoes, fashion accessories, gowns, chiffon tops, bras, shirts, trousers, belts etc.). It a business that is not capital intensive, it requires little capital, when you buy quality ones, it is more durable than some new clothes that are of low quality, students can easily afford it and tokunbo clothes have varieties, students will love it, you can operate a mobile market if you do not have enough money to rent a shop. To get more customers, you can give discount to customers that make repeated purchases. It’s a profitable business, Imagine you buy a bale of nice tops for N80,000 ( which contains about 300 quality tops) and you sell each at N500, that’s sums up to N150,000, excluding transportation, delivery you will make a good profit of N50,000 on each bale. The best market to buy these fairly used clothes Katangwa market, Tejuosho ultra-modern market, Aswani market, Yaba, Bali market, Balogun market, all in Lagos.

3) Make up Artistry/ Manicure/Pedicure: This is good business for you if you are passionate about beauty; it’s a fast growing business now. To get started get a good make up kit, pedicure and manicure materials to take care of people’s nails, your services will be required for weddings, anniversaries, dinners etc. Tara Fela Durotoye started her make up business when she was still in the university and today she is an icon in the make-up industry, you can start creating your world today.

4) Fashion Design: I had friend back in school, she makes beautiful wears, ranging from gowns to skirts, shirts, and she was making cool money from it, if you have the skill of sewing buy a sewing machine and start making beautiful clothes for your friends. A good sewing machine will cost N30, 000.

5) Barbing Salon and Hair dressing: If you are good with beautifying people by giving them a nice hair style or a cute haircut, why not make it a business?, you can budget N40,000 to get your materials like, A good Chaoba clipper, two towels, two apron, aftershave, spirit, a chair, mirror and few items.

6) Photocopying: Students will always make photocopies of materials, forms, it’s a very vital need in school, because it is an academic area there is a whole lot of administrative work, therefore there will be need to scan, print materials. To get stated get a good photocopying machine, scanner and printer.

7) Baking: Friends will always celebrate birthdays, a lot of recreational activities goes on in school like parties, picnic, you can bake cakes, make small chops, pastries for any occasion, all you need is to get an oven ( good one will cost about N20,000), baking pan, flour, and other ingredients. It’s a profitable business too.

cool Graphics art, website design/ Phone repairs: The need to create website for new businesses and blogs is on the increase, all you need is a laptop and data, you are good to go, you can also make some money by repairing phones when they are faulty,

9) Sharwama and Popcorn joint: After a stressful day, some students will love to hang out with friends, stopping by at your joint to take sharwama with a bottle of coke is cool…*smiles*, you will definitely make good sales.

10) Freelance writing/ Blogging: Do you have good writing skills?, you can write articles for newspapers, websites and even blogs, there are so many websites and newspapers that are willingly to pay good writers, you can also start a blog, choose a niche that you are passionate about for instance, sports, science and technology, entertainment, campus news blog.

Read more on www.infonancialhub.com

1 Like

Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do As An Undergraduate by tonaydo(m): 7:53am On Oct 25, 2016
nice,

so which one are you doing now?

1 Like

Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do As An Undergraduate by infonancial: 8:37am On Oct 25, 2016
thank you Tonaydo.
Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do As An Undergraduate by WebclickNG: 9:05am On Oct 25, 2016
Download The FREE Report: Recession Marketing - Getting Your Business Through Nigeria Recession By Joining The Facebook Nigeria Recession Survival Group at https://www./NigeriaRecessionSurvival/

1 Like

Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do As An Undergraduate by infonancial: 11:28am On Oct 25, 2016
Hello dearies, checkout www.infonancialhub.com for latest news on business, finance, global economy, fashion and lots more!😀
Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do As An Undergraduate by anthony533(m): 12:58pm On Oct 25, 2016
@op what type of business do you engage in right now and how much do it earned you.

1 Like

Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do As An Undergraduate by anthony533(m): 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2016
Pls as a student in any of the higher institution try and participate in MMM with your spare money and you Will be financially free. Atleast every month you go get alert

2 Likes

Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do As An Undergraduate by infonancial: 2:50pm On Oct 25, 2016
@Antony, I will advise you learn a skill, it will help you after graduation.
Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do As An Undergraduate by bolaji73(m): 3:18pm On Oct 25, 2016
You forgot to include data reselling business . A business I do at my spare time without having an iota effect on my academics. Even though I don't make much profit because of my academics schedule ,but at least I still make enough money to take of my basic needs without calling home. and the sweetest thing is that I start with just a thousand naira.
You can chat me up if you believe that money making information shouldn't be free.

1 Like

Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do As An Undergraduate by infonancial: 3:45pm On Oct 25, 2016
@ Bolaji, that is a good one.
Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do As An Undergraduate by Emmyk(m): 3:52pm On Oct 25, 2016
cool

1 Like

Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do As An Undergraduate by DiplomaticG(m): 4:07pm On Oct 25, 2016
bolaji73:
You forgot to include data reselling business . A business I do at my spare time without having an iota effect on my academics. Even though I don't make much profit because of my academics schedule ,but at least I still make enough money to take of my basic needs without calling home. and the sweetest thing is that I start with just a thousand naira.
You can chat me up if you believe that money making information shouldn't be free.

Oga I sent u a pm.. reply pls

1 Like

Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do As An Undergraduate by bolaji73(m): 12:20am On Oct 26, 2016
DiplomaticG:

Oga I sent u a pm.. reply pls
chat me up on 08137775940

1 Like

Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do As An Undergraduate by May19th: 4:45am On Oct 26, 2016
great points right there!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help! How Do I Send Money To Someone In Another Country? / Free Tutorial On Household And Industrial Chemical Products Production. / Usa Payments Made Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.