Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan (34859 Views)

Metuh: Court Orders Dasuki To Enter Witness Box, Rejects Jonathan’s Application / $2.1bn Arms Scandal: Jonathan Won’t Testify For Dasuki, Say Sources / 'Jonathan Testifying For Dasuki In Court Is Desirable'- Dasuki's Lawyer A. Raji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by sharpden: 9:13am On Oct 25, 2016
FORMER President Goodluck Jonathan, on Monday said it was impossible for the National Security Adviser (NSA) during his administration, Sambo Dasuki, to have stolen $2.2 billion as claimed by the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC).

Mr. Jonathan, who was speaking at the famous Oxford Union, Oxford United Kingdom, on the subject of promoting youth entrepreneurship, argued that it was “not just possible” for Mr Dasuki to steal $2.2 billion after his administration procured several equipment for the country’s military.

“They said the National Security Adviser stole $2.2billion. I don’t believe somebody can just steal $2.2 billion. We bought warships, we bought aircraft, we bought lots of weapons for the army and so on and so forth and you are still saying 2.2 billion, so where did we get the money to buy all those things?” he asked while responding to a question about the alleged missing arms procurement fund now referred to as Dasukigate by the Nigerian media.

Mr. Dasuki, who has been in detention since December 1, 2015, was arrested by security agency in an early morning raid on the orders of President Muhammadu Buhari for the alleged misappropriation of $2.2 billion meant to purchase equipment for the Nigerian military in its battle against Islamist group, Boko Haram.

While admitting that corruption was an issue during his administration, the former president said that some of the allegations have been “exaggerated”.

“Yes, there were some issues; yes, there are still corruption issues; but some of it were blown, I’d say exaggerated, and they give a very bad impression about our nation. You cannot say the national security adviser stole $2.2billion. It is not just possible,” he said.

He however, said that as some of the corruption cases are still in court, he would rather allow the legal processes to reveal the facts of the matter and that he doesn’t want to appear as challenging the incumbent government.

“One thing about the issue of corruption is that these matter are in court, let’s allow some of these processes to end. Lately some judges’ (homes) were also invaded. There are so many things involved and we have to follow up these matters to conclusion before we know the fact.

“I don’t want to be seen as a former president challenging what the sitting government is doing so I have decided to keep quiet for the court to look into them,” he said.

He said that allegations of corruption were not unique to his administration.

He explained that governments have been overthrown in the past because they were accused of being corrupt only for the new administration itself be pushed out of power by another junta touting the anti-corruption mantra.

“You will see that it has become a major topic whenever there is a change of government,” he said.

He further argued that corruption is a global problem but the perception of corruption is greater in Nigeria due to the Nigerian media obsession with reporting on corruption.

“I am not saying there is no corruption in Nigeria, there is corruption. If you look at corruption there is almost no country that is free, the degree varies, the perception varies.

“Transparency International talks about the way corruption is being perceived in different economies, why do we talk about the way corruption is being perceived, it depends on the issue raised in the media every day,” he said.

A statement by the anti-graft commission said Mr. Dasuki will be re-arraigned on November 16.

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/10/it-is-not-possible-for-dasuki-to-steal-2-2billion-jonathan/

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by chocolateme(f): 9:14am On Oct 25, 2016
Why don't EFCC charge the man to court or is there no concrete evidence gathered yet?

FTC
CHOCOLATE CREAM

34 Likes

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by nicerichard05: 9:15am On Oct 25, 2016
ss
Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by ghettowriter(m): 9:16am On Oct 25, 2016
This Dasuki's case has gone stale.

47 Likes

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by macfako(m): 9:16am On Oct 25, 2016
Oga Jonah your proof please

17 Likes

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by SillyMods: 9:18am On Oct 25, 2016
But it's possible for him to share it!

This man is dumber than I thought.

211 Likes 21 Shares

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:23am On Oct 25, 2016
Of course na, na why e share am be that grin grin grin

GEJ GEJ GEJ!!! Are you still drinking?

157 Likes 17 Shares

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by sharpden: 9:26am On Oct 25, 2016
Lalasticlala have you heard?

1 Like

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by dEastActivist: 9:26am On Oct 25, 2016
Now this is another offensive shot daunting the 18 yard box of the opposition defensive.

Gej since they fail to nail jail you keep up with the offensive. APC knows that the day they will question you by efcc or take you in by the DSS is the day they will be exposed of the lies they've been feeding gullible Nigeria patriots.

I fought corruption without making noise ~ GEJ Oct 2016.
Dasuki cannot steal $2.2 billion, is never possible~ Gej oct 2016.

Expecting another blow my hero to the enemy camp grin grin

Hurray!!! Gej is back, opposition is life!!! Zombies watch out!

213 Likes 5 Shares

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 25, 2016
Time to carry this man upon arrival at Port Harourt (Omagwa) International Airport whenever he returns embarassed

Useless ex-president of the republic and grand commander of militants in Niger Delta embarassed embarassed embarassed

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by kcnwaigbo: 9:28am On Oct 25, 2016
macfako:

where is the proof that Dasuki stole $2.2bn? Only dumbos believed that in the first place.Why do you think the EFCC has ben shying away from bringing Dasuki to court?

143 Likes 7 Shares

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by kcnwaigbo: 9:29am On Oct 25, 2016
Keneking:
Time to carry this man upon arrival at Port Harourt (Omagwa) International Airport whenever he returns embarassed

grin grin grin grin That is if Buhari chop liver!!!!! grin grin grin

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by seunmsg(m): 9:30am On Oct 25, 2016
Jonathan should please shut up and stop blabbing. EFCC never said Dasuki alone stole $2.2billion. The money was stolen by Jonathan, Dasuki, Mama piss and other political and military cronies too numerous to mention that the money was shared with. This is a very weak and unintelligent attempt at defending Dasuki.

64 Likes 8 Shares

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by talktonase(m): 9:31am On Oct 25, 2016
Ehenn! So name the others that stole the money since no be only him!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by MalcoImX: 9:33am On Oct 25, 2016
Chief we hail oo! As you said, you fought corruption silently, or is it you siphoned off the loot silently.
//

* Tompolo was paid 13Billion
* Ex-CDS,Alex Badeh dug a pit toilet to hide $32m
* Patience Jonathan is claiming $31m,she has sued the Nigerian state
* Femi Fani-Kayode took 740M
* Dasuki used trucks to load over $35B from the CBN
* Olisa Metuh took 400M
* Aziboala,GEJ's cousin took 6B naira
* Nenadi Usman took 3.5B naira
* Fayose took 3B naira
* Obanikoro took 4Billion naira
* Olu Falae took 100M naira
* Tony Anenih-400M naira
* Oritsejafor-$35M
* Former Air Chief Amosu-2Billion naira
* Lucky Igbinedion-16B naira
*Bode-George and Dabo-100B naira
* Jolly Nyame-2.4B naira
* Joshua Dariye-700M naira
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b
* Diezzani nko with $20 billion missing oil money?
15 billon dollars missing from arms fund,
10 billion naria, converted to dollars and given as gift to delegstes of PDP Nation convention, Bafarawa collected 3 billion for spiritual purposes ,
12. 7 billon naria for deceased NEPA staff grow winds and disappeared,
20 billion dollars missing from NNPC accounts,
23 billon naira as bribe to INEC staffs to rig the general election, the list is endless. They only left what they cant carry or unable to lay their hands on..The list continues..
Recession didn't just happen, people stole it into happening....

//

Now HEAR THE THIEVES

1- I acted based on Jonathan instruction- Dasuki

2- I didn't give order- Jonathan

3- I collected 350M from Dasuki for consultation- Iyorchia Ayu

4- I only collected $30,000 from Dasuki not N100m- Bode George

5-I got N4.6b from Dasuki for spiritual purposes- Bafarawa

6-I got N650M from Dasuki for my Abuja burnt office- Thisday Obaigbena.

7-I got N2.1b from Dasuki for publicity- Dokpesi

8- I got another N100m from Yuguda he didn't tell me from where- Bafarawa

9- I gave N100m each to Odili, Jim Nwobodo Bode George and others- Yuguda

10- The president asked me to change N10B to foreign currency for PDP delegates- Dasuki

11- My boss asked me to get $11M from the CBN- Dasuki account officer.

12- I got order from above to pay Tompolo N13B for Maritime university land.- Nimasa DG.

13- 950m was shared in my house-- shekarau

With all this looting and many more revealed some people are still shouting no sign of change yet, they even say it's political persecution.

But I believe, it is the right thing to do.
If you believe too, send this to other people to garner more support for the fight against corruption and looting in our nation. There must be consequence for crime otherwise Nigeria will not develop.

#Copied

228 Likes 41 Shares

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by dEastActivist: 9:33am On Oct 25, 2016
Keneking:

I pray you get delivered!!!

24 Likes

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by pchukwudi: 9:34am On Oct 25, 2016
You are the one sounding so much like a D. Calculate all the money the clowns have traced to Dasuki so far, you'd be shocked that it's not yet up to 10% of $2.1billion even by 2014 exchange rate.

SillyMods:

16 Likes

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by Izonpikin: 9:34am On Oct 25, 2016
grin grin

We never even talk denzieni own oo....13billion us dollars.... grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by Oasis007(m): 9:34am On Oct 25, 2016
I wouldn't be surprised if this Post gets more like than it deserved!

Seems GEJ is joking ba..... he should have known what really happened with the Money! Dasuki didn't steal the Money alone, he shared it.

He invited the like-minds to the table - share it accordingly simply by allowing the Merry to go round!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by TheFreeOne: 9:37am On Oct 25, 2016
Keneking:

Carry ko lift ni. Why not go and "carry him" with fork lift.

You Buboo lackeys better start thinking out of the box cos his govt is hitting disrepute back to back and going down faster than you guys ever imagined.

And if I may ask was Dasuki charged to court for $2b or less than $400m? Media trials and sensationalism don't win cases in the courts.

Prosecutors handling corruption cases should ensure they have iron clad evidences to win their cases not barefaced lies to deceive the gullible and later turn around to blame judges for their failures.

18 Likes

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by BayLord01(m): 9:38am On Oct 25, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

where is the proof that Dasuki stole $2.2bn? Only dumbos believed that in the first place.Why do you think the EFCC has ben shying away from bringing Dasuki to court?
Which prove do u still want, those that have been vomiting theirs aren't enough for you?

11 Likes

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by jaybee3(m): 9:38am On Oct 25, 2016
Keneking:

The only reason why he is walking free is because GEJ isn't an outlier so no point making an example out of him

2 Likes

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by OlujobaSamuel: 9:40am On Oct 25, 2016
president gej, pls stop talking on the subject matter, you goofed every-time you tried to. what do you meant by "reports of corruption in Nigeria/administration is a result of media obsession"
SEE MY SIG vvvvv

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 25, 2016
SillyMods:

Lol, you just spoke my mind. He would soon be handled too grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by Young03(m): 9:47am On Oct 25, 2016
u may be saying the truth
but how did ur wife manage to get $31 million

Jonah...ur talking too much these days
Efcc warming up for u

7 Likes

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 25, 2016
This Jonah shaaa, Chai! alcohol don scatter his brain. His cluelessness still persist, the dumbest president in the world.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by ped007(m): 9:58am On Oct 25, 2016
macfako:
Nigerians ....READ....

2 Likes

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by dEastActivist: 10:01am On Oct 25, 2016
D5000y:
This Jonah shaaa, Chai! alcohol don scatter his brain. His cluelessness still persist, the dumbest president in the world.

Hater... Abeg give me that alcohol that will take me to Oxford university to deliver a speech while you continue your hating...
You are obviously uncomfortable seeing Gej busting your bubbles lol.

I love this cheesy

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by SillyMods: 10:11am On Oct 25, 2016
pchukwudi:
You are the one sounding so much like a D. Calculate all the money the clowns have traced to Dasuki so far, you'd be shocked that it's not yet up to 10% of $2.1billion even by 2014 exchange rate.

Not only that you guys are are not smart, you also are lacking in clear understanding.

To be clear, what is being investigated is mismanagement of $2.1bn arms fund. Not that the entire money was stolen but a significant part was looted.
Where is common sense?

12 Likes

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by anungangampu: 10:14am On Oct 25, 2016
WE ARE BEING SOLD SHORT BY THE PRESIDENCY... ONE THING I KNOW IS THAT ALL LIES IN THIS ADMISTRATION WILL ALLL BE UNCOVERED LIKE THE GERMAN MEDIA DID

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan by Jesusloveyou: 10:29am On Oct 25, 2016
macfako:
u don't need to ask him for a proof, gej is a proof in itself, be an ineffectual buffoon himself is a proof,

5 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Umahi: Anyim Pius Is The Leader Of IPOB In Ebonyi & Senator Egwu Is Their Member / Police Confirm Attack On Peter Obi Supporters By Thugs In Lagos (Photos) / Nobody Can Force Me Out Of Nigeria – Peter Obi Fires Back At Fani-kayode, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.