Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Why Does Glo Network Keep Disappearing? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Does Glo Network Keep Disappearing? (8270 Views)

This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones / How Long Does Glo 200% Bumper Bonus Last? / I Hate Glo Network....they Gave Me False Hope! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Glo Network Keep Disappearing? by Kachi188(m): 10:59am On Oct 25, 2016
This is a very serious question. I've used all the networks both for browsing and calling. Right now, glo seems to be the most economical in terms of price and volume.

But I notice a very disturbing trend with glo, the network vanishes suddenly without reason, and may take minutes to return, only to vanish again.

So I ask, those who may be able to explain this phenomenon( either those who work there, or have background in telecoms).

Why does this happen often to glo sims?

Is this a problem from their setup in the base stations, or from the phones of their subscribers?

Can anything be done to reduce the incidence of this?

Sensible contributions only...Thanks in advance
Re: Why Does Glo Network Keep Disappearing? by rerhji(m): 11:05am On Oct 25, 2016
experiencing d same sh*t here
Re: Why Does Glo Network Keep Disappearing? by shedy03(m): 11:10am On Oct 25, 2016
this is the reason why I stopped using glo, it disappoints when you need it.
at my end, its much worse during the rainy season. glo network would totally go off the moment rain starts to drop, and will only restore the next day. its terrible.
Re: Why Does Glo Network Keep Disappearing? by W3xy1(m): 12:58pm On Oct 25, 2016
you are not alone bro. Glo nework here in abj is very very poor angry
Re: Why Does Glo Network Keep Disappearing? by Kachi188(m): 1:11pm On Oct 25, 2016
Is it that Glo doesn't know all this is wrong with the network? They are more interested in being "grandmasters of data"....
Re: Why Does Glo Network Keep Disappearing? by Dam5reey(m): 3:01pm On Oct 25, 2016
The network is looking for Johnny
Re: Why Does Glo Network Keep Disappearing? by beinstein(m): 4:20pm On Oct 25, 2016
Lemme briefly gist you how glo data service disappearance nearly landed me in trouble.
It happened few years ago when i ignorantly subscribed to glo internet service. We were discussing important issues in my organisation's group chat and i was about make contribution to the discussion when glo struck.
Na so glo internet service disappear till the discussion finish. That was the day i unconsciously broke the SIM card in anger.
Yeye network provider.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Glo Network Keep Disappearing? by henryobinna(m): 6:24pm On Oct 25, 2016
that's one thing I know about Glo, maybe you should query their customer care rep
Re: Why Does Glo Network Keep Disappearing? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 25, 2016
Go to preferred network setting in your phone and select wcdma only. Don't select auto.
Then select glo as your primary sim or 3g.

Go to your APN settings and input gloflat as your APN. Leave the other options blank.

Believe me, H+ or 3g will be steady.
Re: Why Does Glo Network Keep Disappearing? by barackodam: 11:46pm On Oct 25, 2016
Daninya11:
Go to preferred network setting in your phone and select wcdma only. Don't select auto.

Go to your APN settings and input gloflat as your APN. Leave the other options blank.

Lol, story. Glo na network?

I only use em for voice calls
Re: Why Does Glo Network Keep Disappearing? by donhils: 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2016
Daninya11:

Forget talk. After all these things, you'll still be seeing the disappear whenever it likes.
Re: Why Does Glo Network Keep Disappearing? by ritababe(f): 4:53pm On Oct 26, 2016
beinstein:
Lemme briefly gist you how glo data service disappearance nearly landed me in trouble.
It happened few years ago when i ignorantly subscribed to glo internet service. We were discussing important issues in my organisation's group chat and i was about make contribution to the discussion when glo struck.
Na so glo internet service disappear till the discussion finish. That was the day i unconsciously broke the SIM card in anger.
Yeye network provider.

lol sorry, you should have switch to another network na.
Re: Why Does Glo Network Keep Disappearing? by NCP: 5:44pm On Oct 26, 2016
@OP, note today that glo is the worst rubbish mobile network that ever happened to Nigeria and West Africa at large.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Glo Network Keep Disappearing? by blessedvisky(m): 2:40am On Oct 27, 2016
Daninya11:

Bros, i no see wcdma for my own prefffered network settings oo
Re: Why Does Glo Network Keep Disappearing? by VOJA(m): 7:45am On Oct 28, 2016
blessedvisky:

Bros, i no see wcdma for my own prefffered network settings oo

Another name for it is "3G"

Check again

(1) (Reply)

How To Watch Live Sports On Facebook (android/ios) / Glo Bis. Unlimited On Android Phone / Airtel Sim Swap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.