Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,981 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Is Something Wrong With Nigerian Youth? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Something Wrong With Nigerian Youth? (312 Views)

Even Buhari’s Doctors In The UK Don’t Know What Is Wrong With Him – Independent / Buhari With Nigerian Athletes For RIO 2016 Olympic / Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Something Wrong With Nigerian Youth? by Fmnoble(m): 11:54am On Oct 25, 2016
In recent times, there have been several calls and unjust attacks on Nigerian youths to rediscover their abilities and giftedness in the face of current economic predicament battling the country. And one those supercritical calls was, that of our own Nobel Prize Winner, professor Oluwole Soyinka as he sarcastically stated that, ‘’Nigerian youths nowadays are dead on arrival’’. With all sincerity, I unconsciously became emotionally imbalance with this unjust verbal attack.

Without breaking a nut with sledge hammer, my honest question is; what is wrong with Nigerian Youth? Nothing, if you ask me. In as much as I was not convinced and confused by Mr. Soyinka’s position I rather frown at his harsh stance on Nigerian youth. I would not blame Wole Soyinka and Co., during their time they had every reason to excel- Kings College and University College of Ibadan were ever waiting to receive them, cars and houses were takeaways for them graduates, these days, no such privileges for us.

I am aleways of the opinion that youth should not be made to suffer an iota of vituperation like a man nursing his excruciating sore-our inability to be part of the day-to-day affairs of our fatherland is not our own creation after all, rather our insensitive politicians have subjected us to both physical and psychological angsts. The elitist class has reduced us to nothing but a political syndicate and banditry- they have turned our promising future into a field of withered rose flowers just to have their uncultured and prodigal sons and daughters push on their corrupt agenda.

The dramatic proceedings in the court of law in recent days have brought to our knowledge how Nigeria has been reduced to fathers and sons enterprise where political marauders are greedily inaugurating their heirs into the treasury-sucking brotherhood- please, do a flashback to the corruption cases of; Murtala Nyako and son; Aminu Baba Kusa and son; Attairu Bafarawa and son; Dr. Bello Haliru Muhammed and son; Bamanga Tukur and son; Ahmadu Ali and son; and Sule Lamido and sons. please, I have not mentioned the age-long Saraki’s political dynasty in Kwara State.

http://sagevibe.com.ng/2016/10/is-something-wro…h-nigerian-youth/

Courtesy of; www.sagevibe.com.ng
Re: Is Something Wrong With Nigerian Youth? by talktonase(m): 12:19pm On Oct 25, 2016
Wole soyinka should mind himself oh! He comes from a generation that enjoyed the best this country had to offer,endless opportunities availed them during the early 60's,70's and 80's .The early 90's began to see the worse in the entire system called Nigeria.How can someone explore his own potentials when the enabling environment is not their.We have early boomers who can discover their gifts and talents early while you have late boomers who may take a while to find themselves,now tell me with the current frustrating socio political and economic atmosphere we have how do you expect an average youth to explore his potentials? I have seen geniuses become a complete waste due to societal hazards that overwhelmed them.There needs to be a total restructuring of our system if not the youth will wake up to discover that their future has been mortgaged!

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Debunks Reports Fani-kayode’s Slumped In Its Custody / Infographics: The Trials Of Orji Uzor Kalu With Dates / Zigzag Decision By Nigeria Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.