Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3678289 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 5:34am On Aug 16, 2017
alt3r3g0:

I believe you can modify the quote in question.

Leme look for the quote, but the quote has no number
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by EngrVin: 6:41am On Aug 16, 2017
Every organization, in as much as they need good result will want to cut cost. For a govt establishment to conduct two aptitude test! I doubt such. The EH can only defend what they know during the interview, they need to sell themselves using hard currencies while GT will use naira, i believe u get the logic.

Whether GT or EH write same test, it doesn't matter. NNPC exams 2014 was same questions for all, irrespective of GT or EH, and the successful ones for that stage were sent info for interview though still pending.

Lets just be hopeful.

Cheers

Buharinomics:

To save cost, they could use diffrrent cut off points for GT & EH.
I am Experienced but I applied for GT for a reason . All the same, I know nothing on how the recruitment is being handled
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by alt3r3g0: 7:24am On Aug 16, 2017
rychard:

Leme look for the quote, but the quote has no number

rychard:

Can u login to confirm if your date has not being changed, I got 27th earlier on, but my test was.moved.to 24th, I wrote it yesterday's

Click on your second quote to take you to the message.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by alt3r3g0: 9:32am On Aug 16, 2017
shawlar:

For those who say there shouldn't/wouldn't be another test, hope you remember that GT & EH wrote the same test.
I don't think it would be fair to grade them together over the same test..
someone with 4/5 years experience already has an advantage over fresh graduates..
GT & EH should even write seperate tests as was done for the last set that was employed

The bolded is true for interview but not so true for aptitude test. A fresh graduate would be more seasoned in various aptitude tests while the person with 5 years experience may have written his/her last test 5 years ago.

Most experience jobs just go straight to interview stage. No time for Gmat levels.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 16, 2017
buller00:

It happens atimes. Especially on mobile phone. Try using a laptop, and a different browser also. If it didnt log in. Try connecting with dfrnt network; e.g if u r using mtn for browsing try using glo or etisalat. I also faced same problem but when i used a computer it logged me in
thank u for your concerning
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by adakoleagbenu: 9:58am On Aug 16, 2017
alt3r3g0:

The bolded is true for interview but not so true for aptitude test. A fresh graduate would be more seasoned in various aptitude tests while the person with 5 years experience may have written his/her last test 5 years ago.

Most experience jobs just go straight to interview stage. No time for Gmat levels.

If the next stage consists of interviews, u don't expect the same interview format for eh and gt. it must be different.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by alt3r3g0: 10:13am On Aug 16, 2017
adakoleagbenu:

If the next stage consists of interviews, u don't expect the same interview format for eh and gt. it must be different.

Certainly. I was just referring to who has more advantage in this phase where everyone wrote the same test.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by neoclassical: 11:17am On Aug 16, 2017
alt3r3g0:

I am yet to fathom the reason behind setting such questions for EH with over 5 years experience and Msc degree. Most EH who participated in the test have over 8yrs work experience in Oil and Gas or other related fields. I expected a discipline / role based test for EH. Some people, especially EH were thrown off-balance particularly on the quantitative questions, not really because the questions were difficult but the test negated the common practice in recruiting EH and as such were not expected. Holding other factors constant, I think certain criteria will be used in the selection process for EH other than the test alone. I wish everyone success.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by motivationspika(m): 11:34am On Aug 16, 2017
Why are you all so particular about the experience hire category. If your appointment letter reads "you are hereby employed for the role of a Graduate Trainee', won't you accept the job with thankfulness attached? The most important thing is to get the job regardless of the position you applied for. I wish you guys success in all your endeavours.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 16, 2017
alt3r3g0:

Click on your second quote to take you to the message.

Thanks a lot bro... I've modified it.
Sorry for the delays

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Snioop123: 11:36am On Aug 16, 2017
please where are those that apply with OND has a junior staff,have they started sending invitation for interview?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by adakoleagbenu: 12:00pm On Aug 16, 2017
alt3r3g0:

Certainly. I was just referring to who has more advantage in this phase where everyone wrote the same test.

I understand.

well in dat case, I'd like to think that eh are competing with each other, while gt r competing with each other

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by alt3r3g0: 12:14pm On Aug 16, 2017
motivationspika:
Why are you all so particular about the experience hire category. If your appointment letter reads "you are hereby employed for the role of a Graduate Trainee', won't you accept the job with thankfulness attached? The most important thing is to get the job regardless of the position you applied for. I wish you guys success in all your endeavours.

To a great extent, the bolded will depend on how desperate the person is.

@ Adakoleagbenu. Definitely...unless there is something seriously wrong with the HR.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by tunlex01(m): 1:00pm On Aug 16, 2017
motivationspika:
Not every EH will be excited to take a job offer of GT in DPR. It's a choice, some will even reject the offer...it's all dependent on many factors and not the name of the company or pay package.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Buharinomics: 1:38pm On Aug 16, 2017
tunlex01:

Not every EH will be excited to take a job offer of GT in DPR. It's a choice, some will even reject the offer...it's all dependent on many factors and not the name of the company or pay package.
LIKE having to answer Yes sir to someone else after resigning from a previous Job where you were a boss on your own level.... it happens
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by tee4naija(m): 8:30pm On Aug 16, 2017
U are very correct. I as a person applied for a EH role and will never accept anything less. I currently work with a leading MNC in Nigeria and this happens to be my 3rd MNC in 9 years.

tunlex01:

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by MrKong: 11:09pm On Aug 16, 2017
Una still dey here? cheesy
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Monicks: 12:08am On Aug 17, 2017
What Grade Level difference is between GT and EH? 1? 2? or do you think an EH would be offered GL 11 or 17 position outright for having 15 years experience? Remember this is not the so called REPLACEMENT . So you see, anyone who rejects the offer of GT in this context has no problem though, but has not gambled wisely. Just saying ...

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by meetgaya: 9:26am On Aug 17, 2017
Monicks:
What Grade Level difference is between GT and EH? 1? 2? or do you think an EH would be offered GL 11 or 17 position outright for having 15 years experience? Remember this is not the so called REPLACEMENT . So you see, anyone who rejects the offer of GT in this context has no problem though, but has not gambled wisely. Just saying ...
I applied for EH but if they give me GT I will gladly accept it.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ogoscco(f): 10:59am On Aug 17, 2017
Pls DPR I can accept any offer from lower to higher, I mean ,I only needed the offer of appointment. For those working already in big establishments,kindly give chance to the poor unemployed graduates that HV no body as God father pls.just a plead.thank u for ur understanding.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by adakoleagbenu: 12:54pm On Aug 17, 2017
Ogoscco:
Pls DPR I can accept any offer from lower to higher, I mean ,I only needed the offer of appointment. For those working already in big establishments,kindly give chance to the poor unemployed graduates that HV no body as God father pls.just a plead.thank u for ur understanding.

relax. that's why it's eh and gt.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by neoclassical: 2:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
motivationspika:
Nobody will give you a role you did not apply for. This is not a University admission where you can be given another course when you fail to meet the requirement for the course you applied for. If you applied for EH, it is either you are employed as an EH or you are rejected. Same goes with GT. Success.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Sharaf4: 5:22pm On Aug 17, 2017
Whether u are EH or GT, u do the same job. The only difference is little difference in salary as EH salaries are a bit higher than GT. I'm sure of this for Engineers working in the field but don't know for other disciplines because I only work with DPR Engineers

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Sololo: 6:58pm On Aug 17, 2017
Same job it may seem, but different level of expectations I think
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by meetgaya: 8:09pm On Aug 17, 2017
Sololo:
Same job it may seem, but different level of expectations I think
Lol. They can't be the same.
Five years difference is not easy

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Uchgreen: 9:46pm On Aug 17, 2017
pls is there any recent news from dpr?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by imoriafe: 10:40am On Aug 18, 2017
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ogoscco(f): 3:18pm On Aug 18, 2017
What is happening narialand, no more comment in DPR forum
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by meetgaya: 4:32pm On Aug 18, 2017
Uchgreen:
pls is there any recent news from dpr?
Always check your profile on the portal to get an update
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by obajoey(m): 5:08pm On Aug 18, 2017
I don dey forget this group small small sha. na wa o
Ogoscco:
What is happening narialand, no more comment in DPR forum
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by tolesky(m): 7:42am On Aug 19, 2017
Good morning my people, what's good ?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Tdarry: 9:07am On Aug 19, 2017
"President Buhari & minister of petroleum will return today. Don't know if it's related, but since DPR is under ministry of petroleum, may be this may have influence on this recruitment process, and we may hear from them next week"
I'm just thinking out loud sha, make una no take it personal biko

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54