Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3678379 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by tolesky(m): 1:40pm On Sep 05, 2017
Drnice:
Note: 4rm another research of mine. The interview is/will be organised in a way that each selected candidate has his/her own pool of questions presented only to panel of interviewers. The interviewers are there to ask u based on questions on DPR document presented 4u alone & they will record ur answers under it. This will make the process rigorous & transparent, & that's the only factor I think delaying the next stage. Success to those who would make it to next stage, I pray that am among.
In this context , do you mean each candidate will choose questions to be asked for the interviewers or what?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Drnice: 3:07pm On Sep 05, 2017
tolesky:

In this context , do you mean each candidate will choose questions to be asked for the interviewers or what?
No, there are questions set for each candidate. Hence, ur own questions will differ from ur other counterpart's. If my findings are right.

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 05, 2017
Drnice:
No, there are questions set for each candidate. Hence, ur own questions will differ from ur other counterpart's. If my findings are right.

How does the question look like? Is it discipline based questions or what?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Drnice: 4:32pm On Sep 05, 2017
falaye75:

How does the question look like? Is it discipline based questions or what?
Biko, I'm not DPR HR personnel to know that. I'm an applicant just like you too. I only informed us my findings which is likely 80% sure. U can check my previous posts concerning ur question, it may be of help to you. For commercial, E.g of competency based interview: Tell us a time when you dealt with an urgent problem?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by insperyadyou: 5:07pm On Sep 05, 2017
Those who were at the commission today will agree with me that working activities were kind of sketchy as there was no concrete information to go home with
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 05, 2017
insperyadyou:
Those who were at the commission today will agree with me that working activities were kind of sketchy as there was no concrete information to go home with

what commission please?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by madri4u: 7:28pm On Sep 05, 2017
FG partners with HUAWEI to send 1000 youths to germany next month for ICT training programmes.That means, majority of DPR applicants that will apply for this programme, will create enough available space for Dpr to call people that will be available, after dem don go germany. Wow! See gobe.Those in Npower also will we screened out..Lol!
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Sabiman(m): 8:52pm On Sep 05, 2017
madri4u:
FG partners with HUAWEI to send 1000 youths to germany next month for ICT training programmes.That means, majority of DPR applicants that will apply for this programme, will create enough available space for Dpr to call people that will be available, after dem don go germany. Wow! See gobe.Those in Npower also will we screened out..Lol!

Lol...
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by god2good: 9:27pm On Sep 05, 2017
madri4u:
10 out of 1300 that they train. Get ur fact.4
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by DPRmoniker: 12:25am On Sep 06, 2017
Drnice:
I can't answer that actually cos I've not worked nor known anyone at DPR. I guess, it will be one selected venue each for Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt(Rivers State), and Kano. But I know the recruitment process will be over before October ending, 4rm my findings.

Drnice . . . You really made out time for this thread lately. I see.

Meanwhile, candidates should please note that this recruitment process will not be over by the end of October. In fact, applicants should be happy if the next stage (interviews or whatever) is conducted before October ending.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Drnice: 10:47am On Sep 06, 2017
DPRmoniker:

Drnice . . . You really made out time for this thread lately. I see.

Meanwhile, candidates should please note that this recruitment process will not be over by the end of October. In fact, applicants should be happy if the next stage (interviews or whatever) is conducted before October ending.

Thank you.
When I meant October, I didn't say one would get Appointment Letter then & start work two months later. When I said October ending, if the interview(i.e the final stage) is held before November, that's to say that its recruitment process had ended. Hence, there's no other stage. If really u understood my October-ending Statement. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Drnice: 10:54am On Sep 06, 2017
Drnice:
When I meant October, I didn't say one would get Appointment Letter then & start work two months later. When I said October ending, if the interview(i.e the final stage) is held before November, that's to say that its recruitment process had ended. Hence, there's no other stage. If really u understood my October-ending Statement. Thank you!
In addition to that, any recruitment process that takes more than a year, from when the application process was concluded till the closed of such job, unless stated; is NEVER "transparent."
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 06, 2017
Drnice:

Recruitment process ends when you are offered appointment letter.

Stop displaying your ignorance

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Drnice: 11:07am On Sep 06, 2017
maria43:

I guess it has turned to insult. Well, I won't start exchanging words with you. That's all I can say to you.

4 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 06, 2017
maria43:

I beg to differ.recruitment ends when the whole process of getting suitable applicants for a job has been concluded,which makes interview the last stage.

When offered employment letter is called SELECTION.this is when candidates with a greater likelihood of success on the job are chosen.thanks

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Drnice: 12:12pm On Sep 06, 2017
abiscomama:

I beg to differ.recruitment ends when the whole process of getting suitable applicants for a job has been concluded,which makes interview the last stage.

When offered employment letter is called SELECTION.this is when candidates with a greater likelihood of success on the job are chosen.thanks
Thank you, for making it clearer to the above quoted. I didn't want to take my time explaining to him/her, knowing it could lead to unnecessary argument. Thanks, again!

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by JO2020: 12:16pm On Sep 06, 2017
Drnice:
I guess it has turned to insult. Well, I won't start exchanging words with you. That's all I can say to you.
Our self development is not only tied to our achievements alone or getting recruited by DPR, it goes beyond that even to the manner with which we attend to the needs of one another. How we answer questions matters in our day to day interaction. Some will ask us questions that may not appeal to our sense of reasoning, let us not crucify them or drive them to reproach, rather let us in a diplomatic way position the questions rightly and provide appreciable answers to them such that the one who asks the questions will learn at thesame time appreciate us. However, to those who ask questions, I will admonish that u should not ask questions out of haste or deep curiosity. Calm down, take ur time and process the questions that u will like to ask.. Conclusively I will say we should stop throwing hate or abusive speeches against one another on this platform. No one is all knowing. Let us acknowledge one another 's personality and dignity. Best of luck to all of us. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by HRtechnique: 12:18pm On Sep 06, 2017
JO2020:

Our self development is not only tied to our achievements alone or getting recruited by DPR, it goes beyond that even to the manner with which we attend to the needs of one another. How we answer questions matters in our day to day interaction. Some will ask us questions that may not appeal to our sense of reasoning, let us not crucify them or drive them to reproach, rather let us in a diplomatic way position the questions rightly and provide appreciable answers to them such that the one who asks the questions will learn at thesame time appreciate us. However, to those who ask questions, I will admonish that u should not ask questions out of haste or deep curiosity. Calm down, take ur time and process the questions that u will like to ask.. Conclusively I will say we should stop throwing hate or abusive speeches against one another on this platform. No one is all knowing. Let us acknowledge one another 's personality and dignity. Best of luck to all of us. Thanks

Good bless you!.

Lesson:

You Dont Have To Pass A Message Across By Being Insolent

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by EngrVin: 12:58pm On Sep 06, 2017
I wont be surprise if d next stage fall within 2018. NNPC hopefuls will tell u of their experience. We are all filled with hopes sha, anytime they wanna call for d next stage.

Drnice:

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 06, 2017
Stop insulting Drnice please. I met with my friend today, who has an insider and he told me that they will call us anytime from now let me state specifically that latest next week unless there is a changes in the process. So get ready and prepare well for the next stage. Stop insulting drnice.

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Drnice: 2:42pm On Sep 06, 2017
EngrVin:
I wont be surprise if d next stage fall within 2018. NNPC hopefuls will tell u of their experience. We are all filled with hopes sha, anytime they wanna call for d next stage.

If it does exceed this year(i.e the recruitment process) then its "transparency" is being rooted out. But, we don't pray so. Just like NLNG, it was clearly stated that much "patience" is needed in its recruitment & selection process. We acknowledged that, & are still waiting till this moment for their shortlist. Goodluck, guys!
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Drnice: 2:53pm On Sep 06, 2017
Sorry to bring this in the wrong thread, cos someone here might be of help to me. Pls, anyone here who knows a strong insider at Shell(SPDC) should PM me, I want to make an urgent enquiry. (Biko)Pls, abeg!
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by lunacol(m): 2:59pm On Sep 06, 2017
Drnice:
If it does exceed this year(i.e the recruitment process) then its "transparency" is being rooted out. But, we don't pray so. Just like NLNG, it was clearly stated that much "patience" is needed in its recruitment & selection process. We acknowledged that, & are still waiting till this moment for their shortlist. Goodluck, guys!
The success of recruitment is measured globally by two things; time to hire and quality of hire.

4 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by shawlar(m): 4:01pm On Sep 06, 2017
abiscomama:

I beg to differ.
This "SELECTION" which you refer to is still part of the recruitment process. Every stage, from the advertisement till the distribution of employment letters is all part of the recruitment process. The word RECRUITMENT comes from 'RECRUIT' which means 'seek to employ'. The process does not end when you have a list of people suitable to be employed (ie after interview); it ends when you have actually offered to employ the said people by giving them offer/employment letters

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by shawlar(m): 4:17pm On Sep 06, 2017
Drnice:
Note: some of those who sat for EH, are DPR employees who chose roles maybe for career development or to increase salary. DPR have such platform for their employees. If it's still speculation, I charge any employee-EH to quote me wrong.

Well, you are wrong here sha... undecided undecided
No employee of a govt institution would have to reapply again along with outsiders even if it is for a higher post. There is a difference between internal and external applications or vacancies in govt. For govt organisations, the internal one is in the form of promotion exams which (of course) is for ONLY their members of staff, external applications are for the general public. They do not mix them!!

Drnice:
In addition to this, just as in government agencies like the recent civil service permanent secretary positions held. F.C.S Employees applied to such positions & also sat for exams & interviews.

The Perm Secs position you refer to is an internal application of the Federal Civil Service. Its only open to Fed. Civil Servants who have attained the level of director in their various ministries. Its a promotion exam. You can not find any random member of the public applying for that post

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by shawlar(m): 4:19pm On Sep 06, 2017
Drnice:
Oh! Now is different? But, it's same agency runned by federal government? Then, what makes it different? Aren't they, staff of such agency? Just like in IOC's, you have a portal which even if u are an employee, can apply for a higher post if u are qualified for such post.

Its different because the post of Perm sec is not open to members of the public. Its an internal vacancy of the Fed Civil Service which is why only the staff of the Fed Civil Service irrespective of ministry/dept can apply for such

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by DirtyGold: 4:32pm On Sep 06, 2017
shawlar:

I beg to differ.
This "SELECTION" which you refer to is still part of the recruitment process. Every stage, from the advertisement till the distribution of employment letters is all part of the recruitment process. The word RECRUITMENT comes from 'RECRUIT' which means 'seek to employ'. The process does not end when you have a list of people suitable to be employed (ie after interview); it ends when you have actually offered to employ the said people by giving them offer/employment letters
...and there has been an acceptance on the candidate's part. Not everyone who is offered employment accepts it at the end of the day for whatever reason. In other words, the recruitment process ends when a qualified candidate "metamorphosis" into a registered staff. grin

What's tha business?

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by shawlar(m): 4:34pm On Sep 06, 2017
Just seeing this by @TKThankyou. Very well put.

That upgrade you mentioned is called 'Conversion' in most govt institutions. This is when a lower cadre staff has attained a higher qualification eg a messenger employed with SSCE who gets his BSc or a clerk/secretary who was employed with OND and gets his BSc or HND. What such employee usually does is to tender his new qualifications and apply for conversion into the higher cadre. He will then be converted to the entry grade level of the higher cadre with benefits. (it might take a while tho & long leg might be needed)

TKThankyou:

my brother, before a position is opened to the public , I would assume there are appraisals and promotions and the remaining opportunities will be made available to the public. However, if over the Years, a very casual worker gets professional certifications, he may apply for either an upgrade if its available or through the external means. Don't you think there'll be conflict of interest if your colleagues are interviewing you for a job alongside an outsider?

that said, in some organisations, there are internal exams and interviews conducted by the hr team for their staffers but this is not opened to the public. if you fail to succeed here, you remain in your position. For a Permanent secretary position, a certain grade level will be invited to sit for an exam and from the pool, one person will be selected- its still part of the agency's mwchanism. This is not opened to the public. Promotions my brother takes people up the scale. can you imagine, moving from grade 8 to 9, you re apply, and grade 9 to 10 you re apply... it'll make no sense.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 06, 2017
nice one @shawla. You made a whole lot of sense in your responses. How can an employed staff continually apply for external vacancies in his/her organization? if he/she is qualified, why will the HR of their company go through all the bother, to advertise the vacancy?

Another thing people need to note. Not everyone working in an organization is a staff of that organization. Eg a cook working at DPR restaurant may have been sent their by his/her company whom DPR has contracted catering service to, so if such persons hear of such recruitment, they may go ahead and apply. They're not staffers, they are external candidates like all.

Anyways, guy any 'genuine' update from you? lol.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by mancongroup: 5:16pm On Sep 06, 2017
Successful candidates will be called towards september ending
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Drnice: 6:28pm On Sep 06, 2017
Wish me success too. Just got another invitation for NBC Trainee Test. But, God na DPR i dey pray for.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.