Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (512) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3678193 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 11:04pm On Mar 20, 2018
Yes. I also heard the list is with FCC since last week.

How much time does this people (FCC) need anyway?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by uridadole: 11:22pm On Mar 20, 2018
Nothing is unusual with the delay. It is the trend. it is usually next week or next month, after budget, after sallah, before Xmas, after Xmas till one day, ....
May we be in the number.

7 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ibnmuhd: 7:01am On Mar 21, 2018
Meemeekay:
http://dpr.gov.ng/index/re-ongoing-staff-recruitment-exercise-into-dpr/

Whenever You get tensed about the selection process, read this grin

Finally, we want to use this opportunity to request that, candidates who participated in the recently conducted aptitude tests to keep monitoring the accessible online portal for the outcome and subsequent stages of the exercise.
Signed,
Management

With this, I believe the portal still remain the most reliable source as far as contacting candidates is concerned
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 8:07am On Mar 21, 2018
ibnmuhd:

Finally, we want to use this opportunity to request that, candidates who participated in the recently conducted aptitude tests to keep monitoring the accessible online portal for the outcome and subsequent stages of the exercise.
Signed,
Management

With this, I believe the portal still remain the most reliable source as far as contacting candidates is concerned

Yes. As far as the aptitude test is concerned
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by bopm: 9:01am On Mar 21, 2018
makonko:

what happened to subsequent stages? if u like delete your account, like thief at night, the letter/update can enter tru any means and in whatever manner it chooses
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by keboxxerxes: 9:04am On Mar 21, 2018
makonko:

You omitted the part which says "and subsequent stages of the recruitment exercise"

This statement, if it was drafted by the DPR goes to show that the portal will still be used for the later stages of this recruitment
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by realone2012: 9:05am On Mar 21, 2018
makonko:

But the interview invite too was also through the portal.
SMS were sent later.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by assume3(m): 9:28am On Mar 21, 2018
realone2012:
But the interview invite too was also through the portal.
SMS were sent later.
Not all receive the SMS. A lot of applicant were invited only through portal for the interview. I'm one of them
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Kawounited: 9:30am On Mar 21, 2018
We shall hear good news b4 Easter!
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by talkeenfingaz(m): 10:25am On Mar 21, 2018
Meemeekay:
http://dpr.gov.ng/index/re-ongoing-staff-recruitment-exercise-into-dpr/

Whenever You get tensed about the selection process, read this grin

...Dated: August 11, 2017
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Itzdanrimi(m): 10:57am On Mar 21, 2018
talkeenfingaz:

...Dated: August 11, 2017
chai!!!

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by java12: 11:12am On Mar 21, 2018
[color=#990000][/color]

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Technocrat12: 12:16pm On Mar 21, 2018
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by csimms7: 12:24pm On Mar 21, 2018
We all can now realistically wait for the APLs. Like I'd said sometime ago. Non-passage of the budget was the deciding factor but I was politely told that wasn't true. Cheers and good luck to us.

Technocrat12:
http://punchng.com/breaking-senate-reps-to-pass-2018-budget-april-24/

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by eddymontana123: 1:02pm On Mar 21, 2018
eddymontana123:
Hello fellas, could it be that the non passage of the 2018 Budget is affecting this recruitment? A couple of weeks ago the Senate committee on Petroleum Upstream questioned the top management of DPR on how the new recruits will be remunerated since the amount appropriated for is the same as that of last year (N34billion) and the Department told them they will augment with the leftover of last year's Budget to cater for us. Therefore, I think one of the major obstacles slowing our possible resumption is the Budget. Until the Budget is signed by Mr. President, my gut feeling is that we've got to be very patient.

I envisaged this before now because it will take roughly N2billion to cater for the new intakes and I wouldn't know if that huge sum will still be domiciled in the Department as their financial year ends next week.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Flare89: 1:17pm On Mar 21, 2018
http://punchng.com/2018-buhari-bans-recruitment-by-mdas-presents-n8-612tn-budget/

Though this was published on 8th nov., 2017 does anyone know if this affects DPR recruitment?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 21, 2018
Budget has nothing to do with this recruitment.... Stop giving urself headache... This recruitment has alteady been budget and and a lot if top staffs aregoing to retire

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by realone2012: 1:25pm On Mar 21, 2018
assume3:

Not all receive the SMS. A lot of applicant were invited only through portal for the interview. I'm one of them
I know, we are basically saying the same thing.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Itzdanrimi(m): 2:36pm On Mar 21, 2018
Flare89:
http://punchng.com/2018-buhari-bans-recruitment-by-mdas-presents-n8-612tn-budget/

Though this was published on 8th nov., 2017 does anyone know if this affects DPR recruitment?

I have directed agencies not to embark on any fresh recruitment unless they have obtained all the requisite approvals. Any breach of this directive will be severely sanctioned.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Itzdanrimi(m): 2:42pm On Mar 21, 2018
csimms7:
We all can now realistically wait for the APLs. Like I'd said sometime ago. Non-passage of the budget was the deciding factor but I was politely told that wasn't true. Cheers and good luck to us.

politely indeed! Before May dem said!
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ghostofspata: 3:52pm On Mar 21, 2018
csimms7:

oga budget has nothing to do with this recruitment. If u doubting, u can ask any insider or anyone that know any insider, dey wil tell u dat its not budget. If budget happen to be passed wen we r contacted, den its just a coincidence. Jst lyk smartgrid said if u read d story, its jst pressure from d village heads. Dats ol its ever bn. Knew dat even b4 smartgrid posted it.. jst pray man.i mean No disrespect

6 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 7:15pm On Mar 21, 2018
Smartgrid any update

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by WorldChanger7: 7:32pm On Mar 21, 2018
Hello Applicants & Expectant,

I know it has been a challenging period waiting all these months for something that should have taken less than weeks but it is the environment that we have found ourselves which we must change!

Back to the main reason, I have kept mute all these while and reading all that was said, prophecied and mentioned by many, but it will be nice to give a little advice based on my contact within the system.

First, on this recruitment process (DPR 2016), only the top management is aware of the update and don't be deceived, it may take longer than expected....it could even be towards the next election (2019)! Guess, the smart ones will know the reason.

In the interim, get to lay your hands on something that will worth your life whether you get their offer letter or not, let it be that your time is not wasted in waiting in vain. All because of this waiting, some people have missed some other opportunities!

In conclusion, what will be will definitely be even if you don't know anybody in power...."No force on earth can stop an idea whose time has come"....Victor Hugo
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 21, 2018
This DPR action film is bloody oo. But they've forgotten that the 'actor' never dies... Dear smartgrid, please play the part 3 of the film...

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by java12: 8:02pm On Mar 21, 2018
@Smartgrid,

Your update will be highly appreciated. Please say something as your the only reliable source we have in this thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 21, 2018
Mood

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 21, 2018
WorldChanger7:

I know it has been a challenging period waiting all these months for something that should have taken less than weeks but it is the environment that we have found ourselves which we must change!

Back to the main reason, I have kept mute all these while and reading all that was said, prophecied and mentioned by many, but it will be nice to give a little advice based on my contact within the system.

First, on this recruitment process (DPR 2016), only the top management is aware of the update and don't be deceived, it may take longer than expected....it could even be towards the next election (2019)! Guess, the smart ones will know the reason.

In the interim, get to lay your hands on something that will worth your life whether you get their offer letter or not, let it be that your time is not wasted in waiting in vain. All because of this waiting, some people have missed some other opportunities!

In conclusion, what will be will definitely be even if you don't know anybody in power...."No force on earth can stop an idea whose time has come"....Victor Hugo
. This advice of yours is most misleading and ill-informed. The 2019 election has nothing to do with this because politician will always come and go.. And the new ones that come in will come with thier own candidates.. Secondly most of the top management staffs are retirering so the wont risk it before they retire... Thirdly if this was the initial plan in the begining they would not have called ond or better still conduct the interview.... Fourthly i strongly suspect that you have an offer or a miracle buisness or ponzy scheme to market and ur trying to play reverse phsycology.. Please dont bring beer parlour mentallity

9 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by osemeka: 9:42pm On Mar 21, 2018
WorldChanger7:

Hi. Have you paid your annual speculator membership fee? There's a training coming up next week on how to write long paragraphs without saying anything really meaningful. You'll fit right in.

11 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by DouglasHoc(m): 9:55pm On Mar 21, 2018
I guess most people prefer to hear what they 'like to hear'. It's better to accept the reality of things and do something worthwhile.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 21, 2018
Good evening fellow hopefuls.
I am impressed by the level of maturity on this thread lately. No matter what, we'll stick together as hopefuls and hopefully to be colleagues in the future.

Let me clear this first, the budget has Nothing to do with this recruitment, I have said it so many times. But for more clarity, let me explain this; dpr has already defended their budget at the national assembly since December last year. Though they were been called twice since then for more clarification on some things. And normally once you were able to defend your MDA budget, that means it's approve. So this happens for every MDA. Which at the end of the day, the whole budget will be approved which for this year it has already been fixed for 24 April. If you look at the dpr budget, you will see they even allocated some funds for this years recruitment (2018), that's for the additional 200 they will take after the current one is done. And that has been approved too. The only problem they had with the legislators are; 1. The inability for DPR to complete their capital project for 2017, they have only completed about 50% and the lawmakers were worried they requested a new capital project and they haven't completed the one they started. The dpr has promised to complete the project before the end of the fiscal year, which ended in May.
The second problem they had was their foreign trip budget. About 200m was allocated for that, and the lawmakers feel it's too much, and they have already reviewed it. I heard the budget for the foreign trip was high because they are planning to send their new intakes for overseas training. That will be a story for another day.

So here are some updates as regard to current recruitment.
1. The list pass through ministry of petroleum resources this week. I heard there was some disagreements, but they have resolved them and the ministry has assented. Good news right? wink
2. Mr. Tata (From the fiction story) Will travel on the 2nd April. Supposed to be this Week, don't know why he pushed it to that time. My source is trying to find out if it's possible he will release it before he go.

That's all for now. More updates will come on Friday.

13 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 10:10pm On Mar 21, 2018
Thanks for the update Man.

The passage of the list through the Petroleum Ministry is the last stage of the "passing " act, yes?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by sylvestre01(m): 10:32pm On Mar 21, 2018
grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.