Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (730) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3676013 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Harddiskng(m): 4:28am On Jul 19, 2018

12 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by habakukjss3: 5:20am On Jul 19, 2018
pedroito:

pls was the names listed department by department
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by GreatEngineer(m): 5:21am On Jul 19, 2018
Harddiskng:

I don’t know why some people believe this scrap. Brother, think logically. @bolded replace “stakeholders” with “merit”, you have got it backwards.

If you were fighting several powers that be and you didn’t want them to have their way. Is ending the recruitment as quickly as possible not a more definitive way to go about it.

As soon as all the APLs are ready, Notifications would have been sent once for every category. Everyone would have picked up within a week, people with logistics and other issues would have resolutions later in the week or early next.
By the time stakeholders know what hit them, it would have already been a done did. Wake up, We are talking about contacting about 600 people (SH+merit) not 60,000, no reason it should take eternity.

All these issues are popping up because Tata decided to release Stakeholders’ APL first, two weeks down the line its one story that touch or the other and guess what he is still hanging on to the merit list’s APL especially non-science. Ask yourself “to what end? ”.

Of course he is bent on satisfying as many stakeholders as possible. Mind you people that matter on the highest level have already been sorted.

A recruitment that has more stakeholders than merit, is that one a fair recruitment.
God bless you. Your head is still functioning well, DPR need people like you.

@bolded is the main thing they should have done in the first place instead of hoarding the APLS even after everything was ready as claim. They should have send mail/sms to all successful ones at the same time, the only few people that would have issue with their email and phone number can then be reached through other means.

Now what is the hope for the remaining GT that they have not call, even we the EH. I just pray they will not convert the remaining merit candidates to stakeholders list.

I think the mode they apply in releasing the APLS is the cause of all this dying minutes pressure.

Only God can help us and I believe He will do.

Cheers!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Gagarawa: 5:47am On Jul 19, 2018
I sent U PM pls respond @ habakukjss3
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by acmilan1: 6:15am On Jul 19, 2018
fachuba:
The issue has been resolved. We hope they start calling tomorrow

Pls can I go ahead and resign? is 13th of August resumption date sure?

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by jjino4u: 6:27am On Jul 19, 2018
This is my problem too...One is scared to even resign..
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ferguson0709: 6:33am On Jul 19, 2018
acmilan1:

Pls can I go ahead and resign? is 13th of August resumption date sure?

Don’t resign yet. Why the rush? Resume first

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by neverdown999: 6:40am On Jul 19, 2018
Guys, let's pray fervently! The shape it's taking is unknown for now. I will update once I have full details

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Blaise333: 7:27am On Jul 19, 2018
gulmah:

Fellow Kebbian, Any update for us

Dan uwa, ban sani ba. I was hoping Oga @Sanimd would have something for us.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by GreatEngineer(m): 7:29am On Jul 19, 2018
neverdown999:
Guys, let's pray fervently! The shape it's taking is unknown for now. I will update once I have full details

Because they have information that few merit candidates will make it without knowing anyone, now everyone is agitated and they want to thwart the whole thing.

Supposing they share the slot among themselves a lone, no one will hear their voices. Those Union are being pushed by some stakeholders.

God that started this good work for us using Mr. Tata will continue to fight for us and finish what He started, they will fail.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by elbangeez: 7:32am On Jul 19, 2018
i believe mr tata is doing all this to create more room for stakeholders candidates, all those that were not called should be worried, and all those that collected ApLS and are still working please dont resign from your place of work yet, wait and do documentation first before you resign because the way things are going the recruitment can be cancelled or put on hold. Imagine collecting your APL and asked to resume october nexy year. This is the scrappiest recruitment i ever witnessed

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 19, 2018
fachuba:
The issue has been resolved. We hope they start calling tomorrow
Hope that's the last we hear of it though. One minute it's resolved and before we refresh the thread, they are having another meeting. Hian

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 19, 2018
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Onyiridike(f): 7:50am On Jul 19, 2018
It is possible that they will remove some EH from the list and then replace them with GTs from mostly the stakeholders.

Imagine removing 51 or more candidates from the merit (EH) candidates, that means the stakeholders have taken at least 252 out of 500 which is more than half.

In an organized society you ought to have settled all issues before advertising.

We will continue to pray. God Almighty is more powerful than any man and the heart of a king is in His hand.

7 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by I3kai: 7:57am On Jul 19, 2018
Harddiskng:

I don’t know why some people believe this crap. Brother, think logically. @bolded replace “stakeholders” with “merit”, you have got it backwards.

If you were fighting several powers that be and you didn’t want them to have their way. Is ending the recruitment as quickly as possible not a more definitive way to go about it.

As soon as all the APLs are ready, Notifications would have been sent once for every category. Everyone would have picked up within a week, people with logistics and other issues would have resolutions later in the week or early next. By the time stakeholders know what hit them, it would have already been a done did. Wake up, We are talking about contacting about 600 people (SH+merit) not 60,000, no reason it should take eternity.

All these issues are popping up because Tata decided to release Stakeholders’ APL first, two weeks down the line its one story that touch or the other and guess what he is still hanging on to the merit list’s APL especially non-science. Ask yourself “to what end? ”.

Of course he is bent on satisfying as many stakeholders as possible. Mind you people that matter on the highest level have already been sorted.

A recruitment that has more stakeholders than merit, is that one a fair recruitment.

No i havent, im saying that because i met one if the union guys and he said nothing comes in of DPR without them knowing since it has to he through their members, so think of this if all the list was released at once they will send the union leaders a copy and call no one untill all their candidates get a place, but if he does it slowly he can claim to all the stakeholders that they maybe the last 20 or so, by the time they realize majority have their APLs and APLs submitted are binding, no one can change that

Another reason im saying this is because I heard from people close to him, he is against stakeholders list but for merit list only but like most he had to succumb to the pressure
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by acmilan1: 8:08am On Jul 19, 2018
Ferguson0709:

Don’t resign yet. Why the rush? Resume first

The situation here is dicey, if I don't resign now I would be forfeiting about 300k which I would not want to lose
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 19, 2018
This is it!

I am officially signing out of this thread, so as to spare myself further psychological torture.

If we had really stuck together on our earlier plan of voicing our collective grievances, having noticed several red flags with regards to how the later part of this recruitment is being handled, rather than continuously hide behind our keyboards, barking like toothless bulldogs, I'm pretty confident it would have yielded the desired results.

Never in my life have I seen or heard of a populace as timid and docile as I have seen in Nigeria.

I wish us all luck and God's favor, since that is all we believe in.

Peace out!

13 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Kalealaro: 8:17am On Jul 19, 2018
Onyiridike:
It is possible that they will remove some EH from the list and then replace them with GTs from mostly the stakeholders.

Imagine removing 51 or more candidates from the merit (EH) candidates, that means the stakeholders have taken at least 252 out of 500 which is more than half.

In an organized society you ought to have settled all issues before advertising.

We will continue to pray. God Almighty is more powerful than any man and the heart of a king is in His hand.

God will safe us. They ought to have settled all union issues before callings. We pray to God to answer our prayers. We pray that God touch their hearts and they change their minds on reducing number of EH.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by naijainstinct: 9:02am On Jul 19, 2018
hammer2010:
This is it!

I am officially signing out of this thread, so as to spare myself further psychological torture.

If we had really stuck together on our earlier plan of voicing our collective grievances, having noticed several red flags with regards to how the later part of this recruitment is being handled, rather than continuously hide behind our keyboards, barking like toothless bulldogs, I'm pretty confident it would have yielded the desired results.

Never in my life have I seen or heard of a populace as timid and docile as I have seen in Nigeria.

I wish us all luck and God's favor, since that is all we believe in.

Peace out!
Many of us backed down only because we began to see testimonies of merit candidates being contacted. Do not forget that at least 20-40% of us that were agitating here have been contacted, hence the reason for discontuining the planned protest.

The only thing that can be contested now is why the merit list is not being made public.

God will see us through...

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by habakukjss3: 9:05am On Jul 19, 2018
Good morning fellow hopeful

Please has anyone from southeastern states called.
I want to know if anyone from Enugu state precisely has been called ..

Information needed to know our fate.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by simplynace(m): 9:12am On Jul 19, 2018
Even those with offer letters are scared and uncertain of the necessary action to take due to too many unknown factors that lie ahead. Similar unknown factors place those still awaiting to be called in a more dire situation yet having an okay Blood Pressure is expected of us as one of the criteria to be successfully absorbed.

So why should we derail on the pre-planned e-protest, why?

Are we all okay with being subjected to this psychological trauma which is looking more like an enticing drama to some persons.

These Zamzummims shall fall but it is for you and I to ensure it happens.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Frankworld: 9:21am On Jul 19, 2018
Someone from Abia state confirmed being called. Am from Imo State yet to be called.

habakukjss3:
Good morning fellow hopeful

Please has anyone from southeastern states called.
I want to know if anyone from Enugu state precisely has been called ..

Information needed to know our fate.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Gemini13: 9:27am On Jul 19, 2018
This whole process weak me. It is bad as in very bad enough that stakeholders get as much as 200 slots meant for the common man. This is infact injustice in its highest form.

Now the union is fighting for their own benefit which might be selfish if you ask me.. Seven months after interview and this is what we have. The Nigerian system is highly flawed and nothing to write home about.

If Eh has issues why not continue with the GT since they have already started making contacts.

Those that have access to this list especially Marvel should at least paste a copy so everyone knows their fate. It's been 20months of invested hope and this is nerve wrecking.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Oloye12345: 9:33am On Jul 19, 2018
This is the ONLY reason why the final list wasn't released to the public and why they had to sort the connected candidates first! Guys, what is yours will be yours. Don't put your minds on this process, it's pure RUBBISH! Focus on the next things and if you happen to get it anways, good for you.

The richest and happiest people in Nigeria are not DPR/NNPC staff. Let the will of God be done inour lives.

At all the previous stages of this process, I received text messages; why is this final stage different

Marvel65:
Update!!!

- distribution of letters suspended but those called to receive theirs tomorrow and next may still collect theirs. So there maybe no more calls until everything has been sorted.
- EH list to be slashed by half or more.
- Staff union may go on strike if their demands are not met.

Everyone should just pray. Good luck!!!

Good evening.

8 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Tetragramaton(m): 10:03am On Jul 19, 2018
Nobody can paste a copy. It is even worse to see your name there and end up not been called because some names have been removed and some have been replaced. Someone wrote it here some time ago that names can be replaced and another replied him that its not possible because list has been signed by FCC! Can you now see nothing is impossible in this country!

I kept insisting that merit list cannot be 80 or 50%. Marvel was so sure it was. My contact who told me about the calls at the beginning told me merit list is not up to 30%. That it is not possible for the masses in any recruitment to get the larger share. That it has never happened in Nigeria. I also got confirmation that some so called people who started popping out on Monday that they got a call had gotten apl since but waited before posting so nobody will suspect anything. When i say some i meant two confirmed nairalanders. you know yourselves. But you don't owe anybody explanation because If I had someone. I'd do the same too.

Lastly its not over till the end. What is happening now,this tata or whatever his name is cannot be the sheep in a den of lions. Where he is today. Some people also helped him. He is loyal to so many people if not he can loose his job because of this recruitment even before his retirement. He has no choice but to play ball.
This is Nigeria!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Oloye12345: 10:08am On Jul 19, 2018
My brother, we still have a long way to go. We all know how influencial unions are especially NUPENG and PENGASSAN as stakeholders in the O&G sector. How come the modalities of the process was not shared with them since 2016 until now that the final list is ready??

Tetragramaton:
Nobody can paste a copy. It is even worse to see your name there and end up not been called because some names have been removed and some have been replaced. Someone wrote it here some time ago that names can be replaced and another replied him that its not possible because list has been signed by FCC! Can you now see nothing is impossible in this country!

I kept insisting that merit list cannot be 80 or 50%. Marvel was so sure it was. My contact who told me about the calls at the beginning told me merit list is not up to 30%. That it is not possible for the masses in any recruitment to get the larger share. That it has never happened in Nigeria. I also got confirmation that some so called people who started popping out on Monday that they got a call had gotten apl since but waited before posting so nobody will suspect anything. When i say some i meant two confirmed nairalanders. you know yourselves. But you don't owe anybody explanation because If I had someone. I'd do the same too.

Lastly its not over till the end. What is happening now,this tata or whatever his name is cannot be the sheep in a den of lions. Where he is today. Some people also helped him. He is loyal to so many people if not he can loose his job because of this recruitment even before his retirement. He has no choice but to play ball.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by iman62588: 10:14am On Jul 19, 2018
Tetragramaton:

i felt so too.. i feel somepeople had already collected but just......wanted playing along

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by naijainstinct: 10:18am On Jul 19, 2018
iman62588:
i felt so too.. i feel somepeople had already collected but just......wanted playing along
So what do we do now? Enough of the complains and murmuring. Can we at least take bolder steps? Is our protest plan still in order?

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Tetragramaton(m): 10:19am On Jul 19, 2018
Oloye12345:
My brother, we still have a long way to go. We all know how influencial unions are especially NUPENG and PENGASSAN as stakeholders in the O&G sector. How come the modalities of the process was not shared with them since 2016 until now that the final list is ready??

That's why I kept saying it's not possible. Nupeng and pengassan know of everything recruitment in the oil sector. Who are you to fight this people. Except shakur or whatever has no skeleton in his closet. They will bring out dossier on him and use it to threaten and blackmail him. All what is happening is to subdue the man. If he should play ball then they have something against him , if he insist on bringing out that list then the man is truly innocent and free of blemish. This is government service , this is how things are done in this shithole. that 200 for stake holders is small. They will never accept it. Usually its 70:30% 70 for stakeholders and 30 for masses. That is if they want to be generous. If not it is 90:10. And you must be extremely good. 1st class material and mostly engineering. Any other course can be forfeited. Most times they just do the recruitment secretly. Its because DPR has not recruited for a long time so they had to do it formally to bamboozle us. Nnpc still recruited last year. Secretly. So what are we talking about. Cbn as well!

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ferguson0709: 10:20am On Jul 19, 2018
Tetragramaton:

This is quite unfortunate.
This isn’t professional by DPR at all.
Removing and slotting names
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by bashtex01: 10:24am On Jul 19, 2018
Pls Sir, By saying u shall assume duty on 20th of august, does it mean after documentation u have started working or there is another wait after the documentation. Thanx in anticipatin of ur response Sir.
Marvel65:
Update!!!

- distribution of letters suspended but those called to receive theirs tomorrow and next may still collect theirs. So there maybe no more calls until everything has been sorted.
- EH list to be slashed by half or more.
- Staff union may go on strike if their demands are not met.

Everyone should just pray. Good luck!!!

Good evening.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Tetragramaton(m): 10:25am On Jul 19, 2018
Ferguson0709:

This is quite unfortunate.
This isn’t professional by DPR at all.
Removing and slotting names

Yes na. People have been writing it here since, we didn't take it serious. With this latest development. They will remove and slot in names or cut the eh list and add stakeholders.

(1) (2) (3) ... (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.