Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,195 members, 7,807,662 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation (2424 Views)

Between The Zero 5 And The Phantom 8 / 5 Things That Could Had Made The Phantom 6 Better. / Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by toluwanimi07(m): 7:09pm On Oct 25, 2016
Misstechy reviewed the phantom 6plus recently ... And its awesome:
Here is the review.... Courtesy check out her blog for daily techy gist .... Shes Awesome!!!
HomeReviewsThe Phantom 6 Plus Review: The Beast Of Tecno’s Nation + Ladipo, Lagos As Through Its Lens
The Phantom 6 Plus Review: The Beast Of Tecno’s Nation + Ladipo, Lagos As Through Its Lens Tobi Ayeni October 24, 2016 Reviews 4 Comments
We have already established the fact that Tecno’s self-proclaimed ‘Beast’ doesn’t look like a beast in the slightest.

… But does it perform like a Beast?

TECNO PHANTOM 6 PLUS REVIEW

BOOT TIME

I’d be kick-starting this with the boot test. I won’t lie, thanks to this Plenty startup effect or paparazzi as I’d like to call it:

I felt that the Phantom 6 Plus would take a longer time to boot. Surprisingly, it took about 31 seconds. While booting off took about 6 seconds, which placed the Phantom 6 Plus in a good position in the Leaderboard.

THE UI? MELANIN POPPING!

The Phantom 6 Plus’s UI is all shades of Melanin! A little bit different from what you get in the previous HiOS

The entire UI is a blend of chocolate and grayish black that got me loving it instantly because it reminds me of the dark skinned ladies of this world (Myself included)

The icons have also gotten a slight makeover.

DISPLAY

The Phantom 6 Plus has a 6-inch FHD Display; you get an excellent output indoors:

Also, thanks to the UI, you won’t need to turn the brightness to the maximum to be able to see the device outdoors.

HOW HEAVY IS THE BEAST?

I paired the Phantom 6 Plus with the Note 3 which is also a 6-inch device. The results?

The Phantom 6 Plus is slightly heavier than the Infinix Note 3.

The Smart case also added to the weight of the Phantom 6 Plus.

HOW GOOD IS THE AUDIO?

Err, good enough! I paired the Tecno Phantom 6 Plus with Huawei’s P9 Lite. I played Hillsong United’s Oceans on both devices. At the end of the test, it was noticed that the Huawei P9 Lite had a slighltly louder output than the 6 Plus.

That is not to say that the Phantom 6 Plus’s sound isn’t great, but the Phantom 5’s audio output is better.

ALL THE BLOATWARE.

The Tecno Phantom 6 Plus comes with a whopping 64GB ROM with the HiOS and bloatware already taking about 12GB. I did notice that the CAM apps, including CamScanner and CamCard, have been included in this list. Other bloatware remains the same.

YAYYY IT’S SELFIE TIME!!!

Let me tell you one thing about me, (P.S. Watch out for a QnA post coming soon), I am camera shy, aka I don’t like taking pictures, aka I am not that photogenic and all. Which is one of the reasons I don’t take selfies with the devices I review, but.. I made an exception for the Phantom 6 Plus and the Huawei P9 Lite! Did it disappoint me?

At first, I thought:

No, OIS?!

But after several shots, I started liking the outputs

So, I decided to be goofy, because why not?!

However, when I switched on the front flash, I realized that even though it isn’t a soft flash, the results ain’t bad either, but I prefer my “without flash” look:

The issues I noticed with the camera is the lack of OIS and the fact that it doesn’t do so well under low-light.

THE BEAST’S TEMPERATURE.

Unlike the Note 3, the Tecno Phantom 6 Plus doesn’t come with any Liquid cooling feature, which means that the phone might get hot thanks to its metal frame. To prove this, I ran my usual testing, which saw me playing several games for about 44 minutes with the data, flashlight, wifi, and Bluetooth switched on. The results?

What this means is that the Phantom 6 Plus may noticeably heat, but only marginally.

HOW FAST DOES IT CHARGE?

The Type-C cable also packs a Lightspeed charge. The test I carried out saw the 6 Plus charge from 1% to 100% in 1hr 50 minutes.

HOW IS THE BATTERY LIFE ON THE BEAST?

Good enough! It would last you all through the day of moderate use.

Using it extensively would see it drain, but not as bad as you think. Here are screenshots after playing call of duty for about 44 minutes with WiFi, Bluetooth, and flashlight all switched on

It drained 19% in 43 minutes.

RAM AND STORAGE
Even though the Tecno Phantom 6 Plus comes with 4GB of RAM, you are only left with about 2.57GB — good enough to meet all your multitasking needs.

On the Storage front, you have about 52GB left.

MULTITASKING EXPERIENCE? DO YOU EVEN NEED TO ASK?

A 4GB RAM combined with a 2.0GHz Helio X20 Deca-core MTK Chipset is enough to have all your Multitasking needs met. So, do not fret my brethren in tech, the Phantom 6 Plus has got you covered in this aspect.

REAR CAMERA REVIEW: LADIPO AS CAPTURED WITH THE TECNO PHANTOM 6 PLUS

You have the same settings found on the Camon C9, which means that Tecno Mobile did not include any PRO features like changing the ISO, exposure, etc.

You already know how the Phantom 6 Plus performs when it comes to its selfies, but what you don’t know is that the back camera also does a brilliant job both in outdoor and indoor environments. The colors appear sharp with no annoying color correction in place.

So, check out Ladipo as captured with the Phantom 6 Plus.

Indoor Test:

THE FINGERPRINT AND EYE SCANNER EXPERIENCE

You have the best of both worlds — The fingerprint sensor and the eye scanner technology.

The fingerprint scanner is so quick, just tapping the sensor is enough to unlock the device. However, the eye-scanner is another thing entirely. If you’ve been reading my reviews, you should know by now that the eye-scanner technology found on the Camon C9 only works in a particular light condition which makes it ineffective when you use it in different light conditions.

A MAJOR BUMMER ALERT!!

Kindly press play:

Audio Player
00:0000:01
Lol, that was a warning sound, because what you are about to read might not augur well with some of you.

I noticed that the Phantom 6 Plus didn’t come with a couple of sensors like the compass or magnetometer sensor all of which are needed for Virtual Reality

OTHER FLAWS

I haven’t gotten any update notification, yet. But hopefully, I’d get it soon.

Since there is no glass protection, the Phantom 6 Plus screen might be prone to scratches hence the reason they added a screen guard.

BENCHMARKS

As expected, the Phantom 6 Plus excels excellently well in the benchmark tests.

GIF CONCLUSION

A song that perfectly describes the Phantom 6 Plus:

OVERALL

The major highlight of the Phantom 6 Plus is the fact that it is a powerful device, very powerful as a matter of fact. Other aspects also did well save the sensors, but would you be willing to overlook it given that Virtual reality isn’t really a thing in this part of the world?
Courtesy i ll be sharing pictures soonest... Thanks for your time
Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by Whizpeter(m): 7:26pm On Oct 25, 2016
Lemme spread my mat here... I'm coming when we get to front page!!

MODIFIED

In depth review I dare to say, knowing that its Misstechy's review, I ain't surprised!!

But the beast looks like it has one so many tiny flaws.. An OTA update should fix these I believe!!

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by toluwanimi07(m): 7:28pm On Oct 25, 2016
Here are some photos

Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by toluwanimi07(m): 7:29pm On Oct 25, 2016
Whizpeter:
Lol i go happy if i get to front page
Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by toluwanimi07(m): 7:31pm On Oct 25, 2016
Another set

Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by toluwanimi07(m): 7:36pm On Oct 25, 2016
Check out the weight of the phantom 6plus vs the infinix note 3 .... And how loud it is vs the huawei p9 lite

Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by toluwanimi07(m): 7:38pm On Oct 25, 2016
Check out how the phantom 6plus heats up when on heavy usage and how fast the battery drains .....

Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by toluwanimi07(m): 7:39pm On Oct 25, 2016
Check out the phantom 6plus main camera

Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by toluwanimi07(m): 7:41pm On Oct 25, 2016
The phantom 6plus benchmarks and all about the device

Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by waxxydude: 8:57pm On Oct 25, 2016
How much? Anything above 90k buy-buy...
Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by toluwanimi07(m): 9:03pm On Oct 25, 2016
waxxydude:
How much? Anything above 90k buy-buy...
This 6plus is above the 100mark but you could get the phantom 6 for 88k
Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by Behankey(m): 9:11pm On Oct 25, 2016
The phantom phones are as good as they come but these 6 and 6+ epitomizes what Tecno is and have been doing. Getting better while innovating. I love the phantom 6+ because it's a "beast"
Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by toluwanimi07(m): 10:01pm On Oct 25, 2016
Behankey:
The phantom phones are as good as they come but these 6 and 6+ epitomizes what Tecno is and have been doing. Getting better while innovating. I love the phantom 6+ because it's a "beast"
The phone is truly a beast
Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by scarycuteface(m): 7:58pm On Oct 29, 2016
I am beginning to wonder if this phone has any flaws. Haven't read anything negative so far. Checked it out in one of the shops and it's just what it is. I think that's why it has a plus.
Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by shiftback: 8:24pm On Oct 29, 2016
scarycuteface:
I am beginning to wonder if this phone has any flaws. Haven't read anything negative so far. Checked it out in one of the shops and it's just what it is. I think that's why it has a plus.
Yea. Not a single negative user review anywhere on the internet. I guess they are all satisfied customers.
Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by Dam5reey(m): 9:07pm On Oct 29, 2016
shiftback:

Yea. Not a single negative user review anywhere on the internet. I guess they are all satisfied customers.

For una mind....
Only 3 sensors... sad
Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by miremoses(m): 9:30pm On Oct 29, 2016
So i went to buy phantom 6 plus today,and when i got thete i was told the current price is N133k. I was pissed.
Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by toluwanimi07(m): 9:44pm On Oct 29, 2016
miremoses:
So i went to buy phantom 6 plus today,and when i got thete i was told the current price is N133k. I was pissed.
did u later get it?
Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by miremoses(m): 11:17pm On Oct 29, 2016
toluwanimi07:

did u later get it?
no,not yet,if i had known it was at that amount,i would have gone with enough cash,and also i wasn't with my atm.i will get it by next week(God's grace)
Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by MizMyColi(f): 2:03am On Oct 30, 2016
shiftback:

There's one on P6 plus, but no one talks about it because it's probably of no use to those of us in this part of the world. I'm talking about sensors....I read about it somewhere online.

I also used to consider the non removable battery as a fault, but lately I learned that it is easier to block theft of a device if the battery is non removable. I hope to explore that avenue soon enough. I only have scanty details for now.

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by MizMyColi(f): 2:09am On Oct 30, 2016
miremoses:

Pele.
Don't be surprised that you might go back and they will tell you it is now 150k, things are crazy like that these days, and I hope that it gets better....to a point where we get stability and fairness in pricing.

Incase you ever need to get something you really like during this period, try the option of down payments.

If I see an utility I need but not so urgent, I pay in some money to keep it locked down.

Even if price increase, I won't be affected.
Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by MizMyColi(f): 2:14am On Oct 30, 2016
Dam5reey:

For una mind....
Only 3 sensors... sad

I actually just mentioned this to @shiftback.
Wait, there are sensors at all?
I thought it was eliminated altogether, based on info I got online.

Maybe I didn't assimilate properly.

Can you tell me more about sensors?
Like, apart from the normal 3....
What other kind of sensors can be obtainable in a device?
Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by toluwanimi07(m): 6:45am On Oct 30, 2016
MizMyColi:

Miz my coli we have lots of sensors on a device but the thing is how many do we need and how many do we use now
I think tecno put the 3 important 1ns there but they should have added a compass or barometer..
Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by MizMyColi(f): 8:31am On Oct 30, 2016
toluwanimi07:

Miz my coli we have lots of sensors on a device but the thing is how many do we need and how many do we use now
I think tecno put the 3 important 1ns there but they should have added a compass or barometer..

Torh, barometer ke?
That one is new o.
I will do more reading up on the sensors ish so I can be better informed.
Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by Dam5reey(m): 2:08pm On Oct 30, 2016
MizMyColi:

Find below examples
Note 7 sensors
My CPU-Z on Elife E7

Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by Behankey(m): 6:00pm On Oct 30, 2016
Whizpeter:

MODIFIED

In depth review I dare to say, knowing that its Misstechy's review, I ain't surprised!!

But the beast looks like it has one so many tiny flaws.. An OTA update should fix these I believe!!

Yeah, I believe so too. Updates are to perfect flaws. Hopefully Tecno will keep their ears and eyes opened so they'll know what to improve on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by toluwanimi07(m): 6:11am On Oct 31, 2016
Once tecno start releasing updates frequently customers they have lost would come back to them... updates be koko... tecno bikonu release updates

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by Sunkyphil(m): 6:19am On Oct 31, 2016
I can't use a phone DAT can't withstand heavy usage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by toluwanimi07(m): 6:21am On Oct 31, 2016
Sunkyphil:
I can't use a phone DAT can't withstand heavy usage
Who says age phantom 6plus cant withstand heavy usage Bro
Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by Sunkyphil(m): 7:04am On Oct 31, 2016
toluwanimi07:

Who says age phantom 6plus cant withstand heavy usage Bro
can u compare with dat of gionee m6

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by toluwanimi07(m): 8:25am On Oct 31, 2016
Sunkyphil:
can u compare with dat of gionee m6
Broda what are u saying now gionee m6 uses an old chipset with less ram...
The phantom 6 uses a more recent chipset with more ram.... what more do you want?
Re: Check Out The Phantom 6plus Review On #thebeastoftecno's Nation by waxxydude: 11:07am On Nov 08, 2016
toluwanimi07:

This 6plus is above the 100mark but you could get the phantom 6 for 88k
Is it a deca core? And have you ever bought from jumia?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno W5 Unboxing & First Impressions (Video) / 9mobile Morecliq Tariff - Get 4.5GB Data For Just N500 / Iphone 8plus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.